Afterburn

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kay's eyes hurt from the background pattern, but kept a blank expression. "Robert, nice to see you."

"We have intel Shamrock may be compromised." McGray stated in a pompous tone. He hated to deal with the lesser aspect of position. McGray envisioned himself as a power player caught with a menial errand. "We need confirmation that it is so."

"I will need the 'intel' to follow through." Kay kept his posture solid as his mind processed the possibility that Sad Sack would be moronic enough to skewer a New Beginning.

"Mulholland directs you stabilize Shamrock with female company. Preferably, Peach Plum." McGray ignored the request , preceded with command.

Kay kept his possessive anger to a boil below his countenance. "Why would that be?"

"She has the background to handle to him. Keep him steady and grounded in his purpose," McGray answered in a smugly flippant way. "We know how he sought her upon their introduction. He is a man who cannot be alone. He needs female supervision."

"And she left him in piss and shit after," Kay responded quick and stern, almost in a defensive movement that he didn't want to portray. Rose never supervised Sad Sack after the marriage ended and Neil had always given Sad Sack to male-dominant babysitters. "No introduction. That was a one-time circumstance to handle the case at hand."

"From your view, yes, from ours, no. Kay, she is needed further. She is exemplary and no one is allowed a pass or 'No' on this order. Your pay will be tripled and you will have her back when deemed so. We all have work wives, I'm sure you have another for her absence." McGray's smugness held a sadistic grin that Kay wanted to wipe away with a szablya in a distinct pattern.

Kay kept his breath smooth, the magma in his stomach, and his voice even. "Mulholland directive and intel in my possession within an hour. I will transmit transportation and identification passes after. Are you the errand boy for this or do I confirm with Mulholland directly?"

McGray flinched at the debasement for a moment, but returned to a smug smile of disgust. "You answer to me. By tomorrow afternoon, she will leave on assignment. We know she will be thorough and exemplary. You've always come through and we know you won't stop now." McGray left the screen before Kay could provide wasted wit.

Kay exhaled loudly and shook his head as he leapt to his feet. "Don't move. I'm coming to you."

She didn't respond.

He ran up the stone steps to Control and found the door open and the room empty. His anger gave way to the electric skin of fury with a nice undercoat of frustrated panic. He immediately pictured her with a packed bag out of their closet and a cold look in her eye of Ready to Play. He wouldn't let her leave that easy. He wouldn't let her forsake all they had worked toward for boredom responses, wanderlust, or bloodthirst. He would remind her who she really was at the moment-who she really wanted to be since Estonia. There was an icy underside of it, but he would deal with it when the moment arrived. The helpful interrogation techniques returned to his thoughts and took on a less erotic premise at that moment.

He made his way to the hidden door in the dark stone to the secret passage on the other side of Control. It was anciently dark and dank, but he pulled out his family crested lighter and lit the torch as he made a mental note to wire the passage for light. He figured he would arrive in their bedroom well before she did.

Shamrock in a Shroom, Rojas Standard Time 20:00

"I'm surprised you've never taken any personal time and visited this establishment," a tall, thin, shiny, black suited Bob Shamrock spoke as they walked red plank of the dimly lit blue, glass tunnel to the large mushroom structure they could see at the their stroll's end.

Jared Santini, an inch or two shorter with a medium build, lightly sedated, and still shaken from a trauma not even a lunar day old, kept pace in silence.

Bob continued because he couldn't bear the silence. He detested sober silence. "I'm connected to a lot of people in there. You will get a night of your life. Have you heard of Chrysalis? She will be making an appearance tonight. Her songs resonate. I honestly believe she is the answer to anything blue-whether it's sex or depression. "

Jared, in his tan jumpsuit with brown boots, put his hands in his brown aviator jacket and nodded. "I've heard of her. Most of Selenography Sect are obsessed with her. Her cards are traded more than vapes around here."

Bob smiled at the comfort of conversation. He hated the loneliness of one-sided conversation and the weight to carry one. Then again, he hated everything singular. "She is everything and more of what people say. I might be able to pull some strings and have her meet you. Would you entertain that?"

Jared looked at Bob with a blank face as their stroll slowed. "Would I turn down meeting the hottest woman on this rock? I might be out of sorts, but I'm not without wants and needs."

Bob flashed a salesman's grin and upped their pace toward the airlock ahead. "Afterburn is a multi-leveled pleasure palace of entertainment, food, and desire. You can have anything you want-sex, steak, and a show."

As they got closer to the airlock, the tunnel became dimmer, shadowed by that side of the mushroom head. Bob inserted his card key and the lock slid open to a pair of stout guards in grey battle dress uniforms. Bob and Jared walked in and the lock closed behind them. Bob took a step ahead and addressed the guard on their left. "Thomas, how's the wife?"

Thomas, the bulkier of the two and with a green flat top, put a large gun to Bob's face.

Bob put up his hands reflexively with a strained smile. "Right. Password: Mozart's Mother Likes It Fast."

Thomas dropped his aim and smiled jokingly. "Only happy when she spends my money. Welcome to Afterburn."

Bob laughed and pointed to Jared. "New visitor, hopefully, a new member."

The second and silent guard keyed a sequence next to the airlock behind him and the door slid open with Trap music billowing out. The swirls of neon and strobe in the black lit tube beckoned them in waves. Bob and Jared walked in and the door slid shut behind them. The music suddenly changed to jazz and the lighting changed to a vintage yellow as they strolled up to the next door. Bob used his card key again and the door slid open to a quiet room where there was a hostess podium with a well dressed blonde in tight white behind it.

Her red lips became a smile as she took their names. "Great to see you again, Bob. Here are the cards for The Theatre, The Busty Buffet, and a room in Fantasy Playland."

"Sweetie, it has been a while." Bob took the cards and touched her chin with his left index and thumb. His right slid up her short tight silk and palmed her ass which pressed the small plastic packet of Rego Trim against her chilled skin until it found safe haven in between her cheeks. He slid out with a soft pat of transaction. "Thank you, Doll. Dinner at Galaxis in two days?"

She lightly pouted (two lunar days equaled two earth months), but nodded all the same as they walked away from her to the large, well-lit bar in the middle. She couldn't wait to pull the packet and snort a line.

"Nate! How about an Edge for me and an Oblivion for our new friend, Jared!" Bob exclaimed as he slapped the cherry wood bar and stared at the large, red bow-tied man from behind the bar.

"Sure thing, Bob and Jared!" Nate produced the blue drink to Bob and the red drink to Jared.

Jared slammed his without pause. Bob smiled as he shot his soon after. Jared had just consumed the magic potion that would make the night the best distraction from whatever disaster he had been in and Blake left out in the purchase of Jared's Lost Hours.

"Off we go! Jared, follow me!" Bob felt the Edge rampage in his veins and throttle up his excitement. He loved his life and everything in it, such a departure from what used to be, which the Edge blotted out. They walked further to the back, passed sporadic patrons either beginning or ending adventures within, until they met the door to the internal subway system that zigzagged throughout the large structure.

Before the subway ride had begun, it was over. They entered a small lounge of soft yellow, but continued through two large swinging doors that brought them into a dark room with lighting schemes played in patterns at every corner. Music, conversation buzz, cologne, perfume, desire, and alcohol atmosphered The Theatre where Bob had his own reserved booth ready for their arrival. Jared followed as his senses seemed to trigger memories. He saw nothing but darkness, but then it was the beach with all the sights and sounds of Pensacola. He stopped when he saw her cross in front of his eyes. "QUEEN?"

She stopped in mid stride with her tray of drinks undisturbed and shouted wildly with clarification. "NO! MINDY!"

He blinked and it was back to the darkness when a patterned ray of light hit the beauty in front of him. She was tall with short dark hair and perky tits. He smiled and laughed at himself. "SORRY! I THOUGHT YOU WERE SOMEONE ELSE!"

"I GET THAT A LOT! YOU'RE WITH MR. SHAMROCK! I WILL BE OVER IN A MOMENT TO SERVE YOU!" She winked at him in the dazzle of light and then disappeared with her balanced tray into the darkness.

"JARED!" Bob shouted to Jared's right. "OVER HERE!"

The booth was dark velvet with satin pillows. The table was wood and leather. Women gathered to see Bob. He always brought in fat wallets and the right medicine to kick up or kick down an evening at Afterburn. He slipped small pouches of Rego from palm and palm and then he told them to stay and entertain Jared or scram. Most left, but a few stayed to see what other kind of goodness could come into their lives via Bob.

Jared slid into the booth and hands immediately rubbed his thighs, his head and shoulders, and whispers were made in his ears. The whispers were seagulls and the humid, salty air got him as his body relaxed into the memory. Queen, in her aqua bathing suit and white goggles, challenged him to a swim match from the shore to the sand bar and back. He looked into her brown eyes of her heart shaped face and took off in the water in silent acceptance. She screamed in laughter and chased after. The water felt so good against him, like a massage of a million mouths...

"JARED! DRINK?" Bob queried from across the booth and snapped Jared back to reality. "JARED?"

Jared realized he was in the middle of being blown by three mouths-one on each side and one under the table. He sat back with a surprised gasp and answered. "WATER AND OBLIVION!"

"THANKS, MINDY!" Bob yelled over the heightened music. He looked around to find the man who had been on his mind most of the day, except for when Peach surprised him-which only added to the background static of fantasy in the further reaches of his mind. In the splatter of light, Bob caught sight of the silvery blue sharkskin suit with the single breasted five button vest on the landing overlooking the crowd. The medium height and trim build of Brittanica Rojas seemed to ethereally glow under the random spotlight.

Bob licked his lips and stood up from the booth.

He looked over at Jared, who writhed under expert tongues and exclaimed phrases hidden in the cacophony of The Theatre.

He looked back at the sharkskin angel and the light moved away.

Mindy arrived with the drinks and placed them on the table as Jared moaned loudly. Bob palmed Mindy several bills and ignored the irony of what was about to happen next. "Watch over him, will you? This should make us your only table tonight. I'll tell Nate that the rest of your tables need to be dispersed."

Mindy nodded as she pocketed Bob's offering in her glittery apron and zipped it closed to seal the deal.

Bob made his way toward the last known whereabouts of Afterburn's owner. He ran into Nate, the red bow tie glowed with LED against the darkness, along the way and made good on his word to Mindy. He skillfully avoided conversations with people who called after him-other Corporate Liaisons, military of all ranks, random females and males who wanted to slip their partners a little something to spice the night up. Through the throngs of people, he kept a hurried pace to the circular staircase at the side of the landing. The light patterns changed to a soft immensely blue glow as the stage lit up white with the nightly show.

"Welcome to Afterburn's After Hours Showcase! Tonight's line up: rock with Smooth Hooha, comedy by Pat Sanders, move with The Meteorites, and revel in the sweet melodies of Afterburn's Lady Lunar, Chrysalis!" Applause and hoots from the crowd commenced as The Announcer began the entertainment.

Smooth Hooha took the stage with a frenzied pace and rapid drum beats began the kick off of their latest hit, Wave Runner Jones.

Bob stopped a foot away from the serious businessman and swallowed the anxiety that reminded him of his former life that he fought daily to erase from himself. Britt was handsome, powerful, and kind with a baby face and sweet with a sense of humor. Bob wanted to be Britt, but knew he couldn't because of too many internal issues, so being around Britt was one of Bob's favorite hobbies. Bob felt normal when he was in Britt's perimeter. Bob marveled until Britt turned to look at him.

"I was looking for you," Britt said with a smile and gestured Bob closer. "Chrysalis is going on before the dancers. She wants to talk to us about something after. Are you working tonight?"

Bob shook his head. Work could wait. Britt mattered. "Mindy is taking care of Jared Santini-the map guy from Complex 7."

Britt raised an eyebrow. "Favor for Mulholland?"

Bob shook his head again, unsettled by the Mulholland mention. He resented that part of his new life-a slave to Mulholland, his Resurrectionist, Savior, and Demon. He didn't want Britt to question his loyalty. He churned with desire and betrayal, but lust won out. "A gift to a frat brother from Commander Hopper from Selenic 2."

Britt nodded and took Bob's right hand in his left one, a subtle gesture of friendship and more. "Relax, Bob. I believe you."

Bob shook in nervousness and Britt's proximity. The cologne Britt wore smelled of a Sunday Fuck-smooth, easy, raw, and loving.

Britt smiled and then turned to his right and kept his grasp on Bob's sweaty palm. Britt led them to a door with a keypad, Britt's private subway. The door slid open and the soft lights of the large car greeted them. Britt let go and motioned Bob to enter first. Once Britt was inside, the door closed and the car began to slide around the complex. Britt approached Bob and palmed his face into a deep kiss. Britt broke free with a lick of Bob's lips and an exhale. "You need to relax, Bob. Exercise is best."

Bob could only smile hungrily and follow the entrepreneur with his eyes.

Britt sat back on the large, red couch behind them and unzipped his sharkskin suit pants. "It's best we don't flaunt our excursion to Chrysalis. On your knees. This should calm you down."

Bob complied with a soft laugh and nodded. He felt so complete and whole on a level of self he had never known until he had met the man for whom he would obliterate his New Life.

Early Earth Morning, In The City, Shelley's, Greenwich Meridian Time 03:00

Kay stormed into the smoky bar with angry purpose and handed his hat to a cheerful Rita, who caught wind of his mood and kept silent. Peach's note that he had found on his pillow on their bed set his fury off in a darker direction. The note burned in his suit jacket pocket. She hadn't been there, but no bag had been packed and nothing seemed to indicate she had left the castle. He had found Magda, explained in harsh terms what he immediately needed, then told her to observe then report when he got back. The note read: Contact Shelley. We need Rose's Triplet.

He didn't go to a booth; instead he went to the shiny, aged bar. He sat next to a fretful, blue track suited septuagenarian, who impatiently waited for Shelley to make an appearance.

"Where is Shelley, Rochelle?" the heavily City-accented old man demanded. He ignored Kay.

Rochelle, red headed and detached, placed a club soda in front of Kay and looked at the old man with a blank stare. "Not here. Stanley, what is your problem?"

"When is he coming back? This is urgent!" Stanley shouted as he almost fell off his stool in exasperation. He adjusted his thick black glasses and took a photo from his jacket pocket. "My grand niece, Evanda, is missing! My daughter kept it from me and she has been missing for a while! She is going to be a lepidopterist and doesn't need to be missing!"

Rochelle remained unaffected. "Why don't you write everything down and I will give it to Shelley?"

Stanley huffed, but did as suggested when she slipped him pen and paper. The scribble was loudly dramatic.

She looked at Kay. "Same goes for you."

Kay took the pen with paper and laughed in an edged, psychotic way. "It doesn't. I need to talk to Rhonda if I can't talk to Shelley."

Rojas Penthouse, Afterburn, Early Lunar Morning, Rojas Standard Time 01:00

Light jazz played in the background of the large penthouse atop the mushroom head of Afterburn. The lights were dimmed and candles burned. Windows-could be seen out of and not into-wrapped around the front of the penthouse and exposed the viewer to everything the Universe had to offer.

The room was electric with the presence of Chrysalis. She was in her tight, red, long dress and diamond heels. She was tall, solid, long black hair, and with an olive complexion that seemed to become darker as others became paler on the Moon. She took a glass of champagne from Britt and smiled a beautiful set of glowing white teeth at Bob. "Great audience tonight. I believe once the military allows for Tourism, we will have half the population of Earth here."

"Thanks to you," Bob said as the trio clinked their glasses and took healthy sips. "Your voice transcends anything anyone has ever heard. It could end wars."

"Or start one," Britt added as looked into her red-green eyes. His desire seeped through every word. "You are a Lunar Empress-we might start announcing you as such. Regal. Enhanced. Intoxicating."

He approached her for a kiss and she allowed as he wrapped an arm around her. She kissed him back with an expert tongue. She broke away to look at Bob. "Don't feel left out. Join us. I believe your presence is exactly what Nica needs."

Bob stepped forward, but Britt stopped him. Bob felt relieved because Chrysalis repelled him to the core of his being. He didn't want to be part of the trio. He wanted a new trio.

Britt looked at Chrysalis with question. "Don't you need to discuss something with us first?"

She laughed and took another sip of champagne. "I would like to build a chateau near the Terminator and I want that to be my place-off limits to everyone except myself."

Britt looked at her with great seriousness. "We can at least know where it is."

"No, it's My Place. I've already arranged everything. I have builders and all." She looked at Britt without plea, but demand.

"And a bunch of blindfolds," Bob quipped with a short laugh that ended when she glared at him. He hated her, but he loved Britt. Britt was his oxygen. Chrysalis was a reminder of another woman long ago. He considered if he let the feeling fester he would wake up and find out. . .

Britt took her free hand in his hands and kissed it. "You are My Star, My Revolution, My Empress. You will have what you ask. I only ask this-are you leaving me?"

She finished her glass and handed it to Bob, who took it silently and walked it to the nearest table. She put her hand on top of Britt's and kissed him lightly on the lips. "No, I just need a place to go when I need to be alone-completely alone. Nica, I need time away from all of this. I need solitude."