All Comments on 'Aftermath of a swap'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments (Page 2)
inka2222inka22224 months ago

@kiwihunter, so you're OK with your wife carrying my child? Since that's the way you think "we have developed as a species"

ReedRichardsReedRichards4 months agoAuthor

I'm thick enough skinned to be able to take a few insults, but Sexecutioner went beyond the pale:

"And the biggest tell tale, Wawa instead of Sheetz? Yeah, sumps & cucks would prefer Wawa...."

.

Sheetz coffee is OK, but tastes like used hydraulic fluid next to Wawa coffee!

ReedRichardsReedRichards4 months agoAuthor

tizwicky wrote, "You are a great writer and I have enjoyed all of your previous works, but if I'm honest I have to say that this was not one of your best. Not enough commentary and narration by anyone but Roger. This was a seminal event in lives of both couples but no introspection or explanations from Sharon, Tim and Marcie's perspective. It makes the three other participants seem very one dimensional and wooden without examining their own mental and emotional states regarding the swap."

.

Well, it was written in first person, and purposely limited it to what Roger knew.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc4 months ago

I really enjoyed the story and it had a nice balance between narrative and dialogue. I noticed the comment about it all being Roger's view and I'm fine with that. Where I was disappointed, and agree with "tizwicky" about we never get an explanation of was it planned and by who. That would weigh heavily on them moving forward and the end of the story. What if it was Tim and Sharon that set it up? Was everyone one in on the swap except Roger? Why did Sharon have to do it in their marital bed? What was the long term impact on their relationship with their friends - did it devolve to the point they quit hanging out? It's a shame you didn't put another page or so to truly fill the whole in the plot lines. 3.7*

ReedRichardsReedRichards4 months agoAuthor

Anony wrote, "And what's all that crap about coffee. Who gives a shit what coffee one prefers? I'm not stupid enough to pay big bucks for those fancy coffees, when one can make a great cup at home. "

.

Wawa coffee isn't the ridiculous Starbucks price, but is sold at Wawa convenience stores; it's reasonably priced. Unfortunately, while you can by Wawa coffee K-Cups, it's never quite as good as in the store. If you've ever lived in the northeast, you know.

ReedRichardsReedRichards4 months agoAuthor

Demothesenes wrote, "Why did Sharon have to do it in their marital bed? What was the long term impact on their relationship with their friends - did it devolve to the point they quit hanging out? It's a shame you didn't put another page or so to truly fill the whole in the plot lines. 3.7*"

.

This was more of a vignette than a complete story, and hardly the first vignette I've published. That can be something that a lot of LW readers don't like, but sometimes adultery really isn't planned. A lot of LW readers really, really want top know all of the whys and wherefores, and sometimes there really aren't any. Why did Sharon have to do it in the marital bed? The simplest answer is: habit! When she goes to bed, that's the bed and the room to which she goes.

.

Of course, I had to put Tim and Sharon in the master bedroom, because that was one of the points that hung on Roger's conscience.

mattenwmattenw4 months ago

You hit the heart of the matter with this story. “Swapping” once can be too much. And it may be that nothing is the same as it was before! With a chance of 1:49, I wouldn't advise anyone to risk their marriage for this! Well done! 5*!

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistToo4 months ago

I've read through the story again and it's pretty apparent that Sharon and Tim set things up...they were pushing the MC and Marcie into making out (I have a feeling Marcie was onboard because she and Tim are swingers). Once Sharon and Tim felt that things were 'hot' enough between Marcie and the MC, they were the first to head up to the bedroom. The MC's lingering unease is because he knows subconsciously that he was set up but his guilt/regret for his participation is keeping him from accepting the truth.

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistToo4 months ago

I'm thick enough skinned to be able to take a few insults, but Sexecutioner went beyond the pale:

"And the biggest tell tale, Wawa instead of Sheetz? Yeah, sumps & cucks would prefer Wawa...."

Sheetz coffee is OK, but tastes like used hydraulic fluid next to Wawa coffee!

For medical reasons I can only drink decaf (yeah, I KNOW, but I really DO like coffee!) But ever since Sheets put in those machines that brew the coffee one cup at a time, their decaf to sooo weak! No Wawa's within an hour drive for me, so I can't comment on their decaf (yet).

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I haven't read the story, but noticed the Sheetz/Wawa post. My relatives live right in the heart of Wawa country, but when ever they can, they go to Sheetz, which are precious few until you get closer to where I live. They prefer Sheetz's food. Don't know about the coffee, which I think is just fine.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

An interesting take. I doubted that I would like this story, but as I read his developing thinking I appreciated the tale. The ending was quite realistic. Four stars, well earned, from me

JPB

XluckyleeXluckylee4 months ago

A very realistic take on first time swapping. 4 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I can almost guarantee you that with Sharon's attitude towards the swapfest,she will be stepping out behind her husband's back in the near future. Over the years,I've had several couples that I have known try out the lifestyle, and every one of them crashed and burned.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

And with his doubts, that marriage is in trouble. You can perhaps say she was more 'open', but then, from the husband's perspective, a seed of doubt was planted, and would be exacerbated over time by her more lenient attitudes. Without a serious and maybe even mediated discussion with a counselor, their marriage would be heading towards the rocks. For him because of those doubts and for her because of any resentment if he expressed those doubts despite her demonstrated actions. My wife and I were involved in swapping when first married in graduate school, but I proved more jealous that I thought, which she blew off to easily. But then she fell pregnant by a "whoops" mistake and we thought that it might not be mine. It almost ended our marriage in the time before fetal DNA testing was common. We really only survived when post-natal testing showed it was mine, and we swore-off the 'lifestyle' and got professional help when the munchkin forced us to mature. Promiscuity, whether planned or not, 'open' or not, is a dangerous thing to do for most folks. This story represents this dynamic pretty well. 4 stars, indeed.

TrustingagainTrustingagain3 months ago

Once the MC get over or works through his emotional guilty I believe he will see it for what it was, a set up for the wife to try someone else.

He will see that drunk/stone or not his wife left him to be with his friend and told him to do the same. No prior discussions no chance to come to their/his senses and say no.

He will realize that her phone call to the wife was that this swap was all preplanned. They, with the help of the friend. Had work this out behind the MC’s back and will break the trust he had in his wife and their friends.

Without trust there will be no marriage. Now whether it end in a whimper or an explosion will be up to the MC and how angry he gets.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

At least he got fucked. One drunk night my wife, Carol, and I swapped with Fred and Debbie. Trouble is, Debbie got sick and I barely got a feel. Carol, however, sucked Fred's dick and swallowed and then they fucked all night. The next morning, she fucked him again and then gave him a going away blowjob. We never swapped again but, since then, she's sucked his cock two more times in the back set when the four of us went out for the night.

theVikingSailortheVikingSailor2 months ago

Realistic characters. Insightful story.

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

One of the few RR stories I’ve scored less than *4. I didn’t want to waste the *2.

SaltySurpriseSaltySurprise18 days ago

There is a lot to un pack with this story

I think he really needs to communicate with his wife he needs to let her know how he feels about the swap other wise it will eat away at their marriage

Darren

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon14 days ago

The term for a woman who's male partner has a side piece is a cuckqueen. You're welcome.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous