All Comments on 'Aftermath - What Really Happened'

by LT56linebacker

Sort by:
  • 143 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

None of these stories add much to the genre. I get that everyone out there thinks of ways for Jim to get justice (although after reading this, maybe Jim doesn't deserve it) but this story is so overworked that a new variant would need to be extraordinary to be worthy of notice. Finding a new ending for the tale adds nothing to the original. Out of all the endless additions, this one is above average, but unless someone can come up with something fresh, I wish everyone would give it a break.

BSreaderBSreader2 months ago
Another

Long take on a dead horse story. I gave it 4 stars it never addressed the asshole that caused it if it had it would have been 5 stars.

nightdragon1nightdragon12 months ago

5 stars. Have read about all and yours is in the top 5.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel612 months ago

Great story, one of the very few good follow up Jim and Linda stories

muskyboymuskyboy2 months ago

The Bear should have known to leave this one alone.....

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine2 months ago

I liked it. Only thing I didn’t like was Jim abandoning his children. But it all worked out in the end.

GlancerGlancer2 months ago

Good yarn, well written and flowed off the original nicely…

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I loved it and enjoyed. I gave it 5 stars, and it was a good read, probably the best ending for this story if there ever was one. At least it's a believable ending to an impossible story. Thank you Bear. :-)

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

Great ending to the story. Jim found himself and went back for his children when he was ready. Linda ended up as expected, a drug addled whore. Marc also ended up as expected, finally trying his game on the wrong woman and ending up a corpse. I’m guessing that Linda didn’t survive either. Jim, deservedly, was the winner here, with new love with big Emma and all the children. The only problem I had with the story is that you had a Chicago Bears fan put on a NY Giants cap. No one would do that.

Db4554Db45542 months ago

Very enjoyable read, except for the glaring gaffe about 9- and 12-year-old kids and car seats. Every parent knows that kids that age don’t need or use them.

mattenwmattenw2 months ago

An excellently told story that would also work well in "romance"!

However, I am of the opinion that "leaving" is not a solution to problems! 4*!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The courtroom scenes are laughable. The ignorance regarding the effect abandoning kids has on them is laughable. No one, including the court, is just going to forgive that immediately. Not even a transition to the home.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Okay, please learn military structure if you’re going to use it. A Naval Acaey midshipman would have a 5 year commitment, therefore the Marine would SEPARATE (Not RETIRE) as a Captain.

msctmsct2 months ago

another awesome tale from the Bear!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A Most Excellent Created Writing,,

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Its wrong to equate Jim leaving his kids with their mom, with Linda disregarding her family while leaving with Marc. Jim was not in right frame of mind and was not capable of looking after kids at that point of life. Linda had everything going well for her before and even after Jim left, with supportive friends and the law. Add to it: she had parents who would were great grandparents to Jim and Linda's kids. Jim stabilized himself before giving the kids what they deserve. On other hand Linda herself killed all the stability she had.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Okay, you win this often told story. Lots of names to keep straight in my mind but hey, that is why they make paper and pencils. 5*.

inka2222inka22222 months ago

@anon - "why and how did he come to love, respect, and trust such a selfish stupid immoral unethical piece of dog shit of a woman?" - that's obvious.

//

1. Because people in general - and sociopaths and narcissists in particular - are VERY VERY good at pretending to be nice and cuddly and angelic, until it is time for them to not need to.

//

2. Because people in love tend to self-convince themselves to ONLY use rose-colored glasses. Human brain is very good at motivated reasoning, so the victim (spouse) basically does most of the job of convincing that they married a good person, because they want to see it that way and be that way. They ignore, excuse, and smooth away any red flags and problematic behavior. There actually were several pretty good FebSux sequels that explored this angle, showing how Linda always was this super selfish, narcissist type of person, but Jim just blinded himself to the clear picture out of love.

//

Also, it's funny, your question implied that "how could Jim marry someone like that" is a problem with self-immolation sequels - BUT, this is a problem with Linda's behavior even in the original crap story by G.A. It's just that in that story, Linda was given (by author choosing to fuck over Jim) an option to continue being a shit to Jim and thriving at his expense; and in this type of sequel, he refuses to let her prosper at his expense - so, she basically cannibalizes herself/her life, figuratively. The fact that she's clearly going to have mental problems from him walking away don't help her.

SouthdownSouthdown2 months ago

By far the best 'rewrite' of George Andersons awful but overly applauded original derge! Thank You5*****

Schwanze1Schwanze12 months ago

That was a helluva lot of fun.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The bear should not be eating rotting things from literal shitholes (holes where things shit in).

It seems said rotting things have rotted away any sense of logic or normal functionality of the bears brain, which is one of the reasons the bear talks about itself in the 3rd person.

16GaDouble16GaDouble2 months ago

One of the best of the after-stories that I've read, and I've read my share and then some. I noticed minor, trivial misspellings, but nothing serious. Good character development, and dialog seemed natural.

All five stars awarded.

Prince020402Prince020402about 2 months ago

Sorry - didn't atvall work for me.

This Jim is nothing but a pussy. Thousands of men (and women) get cheated on daily. Wah. Most of us take it like a man, put our kids first and then handle what must be done. What an honorable man does NOT do is smear ketchup on the wall, cut the chord of the refrigerator so his kids food goes bad, runs away with no intentions of ever seeing them again - evidence the letter he wrote to be opened on their perspective 18th birthdays. So he admits it's deplorable- so fucking what. Strap on a pair of balls, face the slut and be a father to your kids. He just ran and hid while the kids took the brunt of being raised by a druggie whore. As you can tell, I'm not a fan of moral cowardice, especially when you have parental responsibilities.

He finally shows up four years later (and only because the WM lawyer pushes the issue by contacting LW on her own) and his 12 year old daughter is happy to see him? Really? You clearly don't know the psychy of o pre-teen girl. This is a man that abandoned her and made no, zero, nada attempt to attempt to know a single thing about her. He doesn't know if she's into sports, plays the clarinet or goes by they/them and wants to change gender. The fact that she still uses a car seat is a pretty clear marker that something is pretty fucked up in her brain.

Then there's the 9 ear old boy who hasn't seen the person for almost half his lifetime. Needless to say, the damage done here would be a multi- year problem and would probably have major issues well into, and probably beyond their teenage years. Never mind he's uprooting them at thus critical time, taking them away from their friends (assuming their trusting enough to have any) and moving them hundreds of miles away and cutting them off from their mother - she may not have been a great parent but at least she was one.. as opposed to him.

Sorry for the rant but not a fan of any of these characters.

AllNigherAllNigherabout 2 months ago

Wow, managed to make him worse than Linda. That's an incredible achievement. Abandoning your kids for years is truly unacceptable. If you accept that he was emotionally unstable so it makes it ok, you should accept that his tramp wife had similar issues and isn't responsible for her actions ... I say they both are and what he didwas worse frankly. She threw away her marriage but came back to the family. He just abandoned his kids...

Come on. What the hell did they do to deserve that? Take them with him, maybe I'm with you there. He just didn't give a shit and them...

God, if she tried to kill him, would he have killed the kids and claimed self defense?

maxx308maxx308about 2 months ago

Thanks for trying to finally to put this saga to rest. 5 stars 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 months ago

Darn good "new" end. 5stars.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 months ago

I believe that the endings to that story just keep getting worse. This is about as bad as it gets. Jim is “broken” and runs away, turning his back on his children and his mother. He, in 4 years never even once made any effort to check on their welfare. Everyone has endless sympathy for the devil in this story. He was it, totally self-absorbed, selfish, and immature! “Oh, I’m hurt, my kids can suck it up! Oh I’m broken, my widowed mother can just wonder what happened to me!” Sorry, that bird won’t fly!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 month ago

I enjoyed reading this response to the February Sucks story, but it got kind of silly at times or maybe just a little over the top and a bit inconceivable. Still it was a fun read where all the stars were aligned and the ducks were in a row. Poor Linda, the whole world was pissed at her, even her parents... ahhhh too bad, lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Interesting. I didn't enjoy his initial reaction of drinking and the ketchup routine but considering the subject matter is FS, almost nothing writen about Linda's demise can be bad enough.

I see the cuck lovers like Harddaysknight and Blackrandi kept away from the comments page. Surprising. I would have expected them to come out swinging in Linda's defense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

would ave been five, despite many FLUBS.

worst was car seats ...woop, woop. So a 12 and 9 year old need CAR SEATS????????

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 1 month agoAuthor

Alright, this is the second (third? time) someone commented on this. Check your laws, people. I Texas, as in other states, the age of the child doesn't matter. It is strictly based on height and weight. You may be in violation and not even know it. Wise up, folks.

The BEAR

SmugglerjimSmugglerjimabout 1 month ago

Enjoyed this ending too....thanks 5*

I wonder where Linda is..

gprevgprevabout 1 month ago

One of the better conclusions to the Original story. I enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Like most of these rewrites it's just terrible. Jim here is a weak whiny little man ... far too much egg in the pudding ... so much so that it's impossible to respect him, he couldn't even be redeemed by saving a 100 kids from burning up in a fire.

That Linda would just become a prostitute and drug addict is a sad indictment of the intolerable social state of America. It's actually insane to think that just because she had a one night stand with a celebrity she'd also do such things. Terribly reflective of the author or perhaps the people they think they are writing for.

It would be nice if just for once someone wrote a Feb Sux that wasn't populated by unrealistic and emotionally immature individuals. That wasn't full of gnashing of teeth and melodrama that would even make a Mexican sitcom blush in shame .. and don't even mention the lame recourse to 'mental illness'.

When exactly did Americans become so weak and lacking in backbone... I suspect it started around the time they decided to sue at the drop of a hat, and lost the ability to deal with things like adults.

danbo56danbo5628 days ago

no complaints from me great story well written and this loose lady was dealt with properly

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

10 stars, as always! Jim finally got all of his due, with a real wife and wonderful family. Linda, the whore, drug-addict, skank, got hers, too, and it wasn't just the Assholes big package. Asshole got his, finally-A NEW FACE IN HELL FOR BREAKFAST!

redboat7redboat725 days ago

Great story!! Loved it!!

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

@Anon re Car Seats, and other readers: Please, do your kids a favor and get the facts on this. NHTSA.gov recommends at least booster seats for children below 4'9", regardless of age. This author and I don't agree on much, but he's 100% absolutely right on this one. Please, everyone, keep your kids safe.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinder22 days ago

Do you know how the moon cuts his hair? Wait for it.

He eclipsed it.

.............................No, seriously. Stay away from humor. That was... NOT good.

-

On a more serious note, I really enjoyed this one. 5 stars because I loved seeing him pull his shit together.

One thing that popped out to me was Dee and Jane. Not that you needed to add anything. Just a stray thought was how are they still friends? What are those conversations like?

Anyway, wonderful piece. And a joy to read. Thank you for posting this.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker22 days agoAuthor

This was posted in response to Godivafan's "February Sucks-Leap night". Strictly that. All about Jim in response to all about Linda. Thanks for reading and commenting. Regarding the jokes, I'm a dad and Grandpa. They are Dad jokes. I pass them on. Sorry.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 hours ago

Well Done, as usual. 5*.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLT56linebacker@LT56linebacker
I am a mature (read old) gentleman. I have been married for 49 1/2 years, and have 5 children, and 10 grandchildren. I live and die with the New York Giants. I am a big Yankees fan. I am also a Vietnam veteran. It's now 50 years. (She decided to renew my option.) I apologize...