All Comments on 'Afternoon Delight - The Storyteller'

by NewOldGuy77

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

A little rushed at the end but what the hey a very sweet little love story. All the song references brought back many great memories. Cut a few rugs myself with my young bride to "Afternoon"! My lady and I often reflected that if nothing else we grew up with the great music of the '60's and '70's. Thank you and the muse for stirring up some fond memories with this little fantasy from the past.

Enjoy the Central Cost!

Cheers

SAGE

RiverMayaRiverMayaabout 3 years ago

Lovely story, the kind that makes you feel good when you reach the end. 5 ☆s!

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 3 years ago

Another great read. Keep them coming.

Elusive_WolfElusive_Wolfabout 3 years ago

Great read, got a good chuckle out of you renaming your other stories and sneaking them in.

Sunset154Sunset154about 3 years ago

Other great story from you. Look forward to the next one. 5 stars

4certain4certainabout 3 years ago

Great story! It brought back good memories of the sixties and seventies, Keep up the great story telling and I will keep reading and enjoying your work. Five stars . . .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed this. Billie Jo reminds me a lot of Natalie, a character I liked a lot in the Mother Road series. I understand that she was a minor character, so there was only so much attention you could give her. Still, she was memorable and I'd wished for more about her. Billie Jo seems like a new version of that character and I like her, too. I'm drawn to simple characters like these, but they can be difficult to get right. You don't write these characters as if they are stupid or dumb down the writing style to reflect their simplicity. Well done!

Davester37Davester37about 3 years ago

This one is another fun story. 5* for sure. It doesn’t have the rich, authentic settings that some of your others do, but I, too, appreciate the development of those characters.

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 3 years ago

Very sweet, very enjoyable story. Nice job!

VerbaliniansVerbaliniansabout 3 years ago

A very nice quick read and a bit different from your other stories, but still a great read. I like your ability to tell different stories and not have the same plot !

finegoldwinefinegoldwineabout 2 years ago

Fun story..definitely a keeper...Good Luck with future stories...5 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNewOldGuy77@NewOldGuy77
Male, living on the Pacific coast. I can see Japan from my house! UPDATE: January 1st, 2023 Currently experiencing an extended writer's block. What's up with that?!?!?! Most of my stories are longer ones. For those of you who invest the time to read them, I thank you, a...

SIMILAR Stories