Against The Odds Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well I have a pain in my bum hole, can you do anything for that?"

A number of smart answers flashed through his mind but he settled on smiling and saying, "Sorry, we never covered that on my massage course."

"Shame!" Said Rita, smiling back at him, "My whole bodies tight, I was in some unusual positions for long periods of time, could you just work out some of the knots."

"Of course, I'll give you a couple of minutes to get undressed and I'll be back." Chris left the room, thinking to himself that she was quite a character and liking her. When he returned she was naked, laying on her front. Chris laid towels over her, assessing her as he did so. She had quite toned legs, what might be described as shapely rather than slim, leading to a large butt which in turn accentuated her slim waist. Her head was turned to the side, minus the sunglasses and Chris thought he noticed bruising to the side of her eye. His stomach knotted. Despite being a soldier and being involved in many conflicts he had always hated one on one violence and most particularly against women. She might be an actress and joke about being fucked but this woman had been brutalized and he was angry and upset. He gathered himself and moved to the bottom of the table.

He started on her right calf and as he got to her knee her body seemed to relax more, she was asleep. This wasn't unusual, clients would often dose off, but as he worked on her thigh he got the feeling she was in a deep sleep. He decided to leave her sleep, covering her in another towel and leaving the room.

"What's up?" Mel asked when he came to the desk.

"She's in a deep sleep, I'm just going to leave her sleep."

"Must be your riveting conversation."

"Very funny, why don't you take a long lunch, I'll sit here and do some paper work, wait for her to wake."

"Suits me, see you later."

He sat there trying to concentrate on what he was doing but thinking mainly about Rita. It was none of his business but he was angry about it. About an hour later a flustered and weary looking Rita came out.

"I'm so sorry, I fell asleep."

"That's no problem, take your time, would you like a coffee."

"You're trying to run a business and I'm holding you up."

Chris stood up, "No you're not, and besides its lunch time. Let me make you a coffee, give your body a chance to wake up."

"Ok"

Chris returned with the coffees, "How's your neck?"

"A thousand times better, thank you. You're a miracle worker."

"Sorry I couldn't do anything about your bum hole."

Rita laughed. "I was in a lot of discomfort last night and couldn't sleep properly, probably why I fell asleep."

"What got you in such a state?"

Rita looked at him for a moment "I'm a porn actress, but even by my standards my last movie was pretty extreme."

"You need to look after yourself, getting into that sort of state is no good for anybody's body."

"I know, thank you."

"For what?"

"For being kind."

Chris was a little embarrassed and just managed a shy smile. After she left Chris got busy with other clients but couldn't stop thinking about her. He was sure she was a tough character but he still worried. The next lunch time Mel said "Sleeping beauty just made another appointment."

"What?"

"Rita from yesterday, she just made another appointment."

"For when?"

"Tomorrow at eight."

"But we don't start till nine."

"I know, but we're full up and I thought you'd want to see her." Mel said with a big smile on her face. Chris laughed and walked away shaking his head.

Chris was up and showered early the next morning, feeling both energized and a bit nervous. Rita arrived just before eight and seemed to be moving much more freely than the other day. She was wearing flat shoes, jeans and a t-shirt. Oh those jeans, if ever there were ever legs and a backside made for jeans they were Rita's. Stop this, Chris said to himself, this was not him, not how he thought or operated, but he was struggling. He managed to raise his eyes up as Rita removed her sunglasses,. He couldn't see any bruising, maybe it was gone or makeup. Rita saw him staring, "What are you looking at?"

"Your eyes, I didn't get to see them the other day, they're beautiful." Good save, or maybe not.

"Thank you, I have to wear the sunglasses to stop all the boys falling in love with me."

"I can imagine that would be a problem."

"So not." They both smiled a little awkwardly.

"You seem to be moving better than the other day."

"Still a little stiff but much better thanks."

"What can I do for you today?"

"I thought I'd get that massage I fell asleep for the other day."

"Great, get yourself up on the table and I'll be back in a minute."

When he returned Rita was as he expected, naked. He covered her and began the massage, thankfully losing himself in the job at hand rather than the beautiful woman beneath his fingertips. After nearly fifty minutes he had only done the back of her, but had to stop as he had other clients coming. When she was dressed he asked her how she felt.

"Wonderful, I'm so relaxed I don't think I'll get anything else done today."

"Not a bad complaint, would you like to book in for another session?" Chris asked, surprising himself. He never asked clients this, instead leaving it up to them.

"Yes I definitely would." Rita went quite for a moment, as if thinking "There was something else I wanted to ask you."

"Yes, what's that?"

"Would you like to have dinner with me?"

"Yes I'd love to." Chris surprised himself with the assertiveness of his answer, no umms or aahs or ifs or buts.

"Great."

They both stood there, not expecting to have found themselves in this position and a little unsure of what to do next. Finally Rita said.

"When are you free?"

"I'm free this evening."

"Great, I'll book somewhere and let you know later, how does eight o'clock sound."

"Perfect."

Rita left, nearly skipping as she went and Chris stood there with the biggest, widest grin he had ever had.

Chris was on a high, he knew he would only have an hour to get ready after work so decided to get organized at lunch time. What would he wear? Should he buy flowers? His head was in a bit of a spin. Rita phoned with the name of the restaurant; he hadn't heard of it and decided to ask Mel for advice.

"What's it called?" Mel asked, he told her.

"Ooh posh, you better scrub up for that place."

Chris smiled, he looked at Mel, she had an unusually serious expression on her face.

"What you thinking?" He asked. She paused before continuing,

"It's really none of my business but I just want to check, you know she's a porn actress don't you?"

Chris smiled, he knew Mel was only looking out for him. "Yes I know."

"That's great, I hope you have a wonderful evening, if the foods as good as they say it is, bring me a doggy bag." Mel said with a big smile. Chris just laughed.

Mel had planted a seed and it continued to grow. Yes he knew she was a porn actress but he hadn't really thought about it. What did it really mean? She had sex with people on camera for money. How did he feel about that? He really didn't know. He had always thought of himself as non judgmental, what people wanted to do with their lives was their business, live and live as it were. But this was new to him and he was struggling to get his head around it. Rita really appealed to him, she was smart, funny and beautiful, even though they had only spoken briefly something in his head had clicked. He wanted to get to know her more but could he handle being in a relationship with a porn star, he didn't know.

He often let his last appointment of the day go overtime as he had nothing to rush for, but not tonight. He actually finished up early, rushing across the road, planning to jump in the shower. An idea had been niggling at him all afternoon and as he entered his apartment he found himself drawn to his laptop. He really didn't want to do it, but just couldn't help himself. He entered her name but nothing really came up on the search. He realized that it probably wasn't her stage name. After a bit more searching he found what he was looking for. This was the time to stop if he was going to; he wavered before clicking a link to one of her movies. He only watched for a few moments before clicking off. It was horrible, it wasn't sexy, sensual or erotic, what it was was violent and abusive, Rita being abused, Rita being slapped, Rita being choked. He felt sick to his stomach.

He sat there just thinking. He knew she was probably well paid but how could she let that be done to herself, acting or not. He then thought of some of the things he had done in his life, some of the extreme things he had put his mind and body through, things that many saw as noble and admired. Yes he had done it for money, yes he had done it for Queen and country, but mainly he had done it because he could. He was good at it and something inside of him drove him to do it. He didn't know if any of this applied to Rita but he thought some of it might. One thing he did know was that he had no right to judge her.

He looked at the clock and it was nearly half seven, he phoned a taxi, jumped in the shower and arrived at the restaurant just on time. Rita was sat in a small bar area when he arrived, she stood up and Chris was virtually speechless, she wore a simple dress but to his eyes looked absolutely stunning, her olive toned skin glowing as she smiled a welcome.

"You look incredible, just so beautiful."

Rita blushed a tiny bit before saying, "Thank you, you look very dashing as well."

They both smiled, standing, just looking at each other. Rita reached out and gently took his hand in hers

"Shall we go to our table?"

The restaurant was busy and as the waiter showed them to their table Chris was aware of virtually all the eyes in the room following them. When they were sat Chris asked, "Am I going mad or was nearly everybody watching us as we walked through."

"You get use to it when you're a beautiful woman, or in our case a beautiful couple or when people think they may know your face, which might be the case."

"Thank goodness that's all it is, I thought my fly was open." Rita smiled and laughed,

"You're funny."

"Yeah, hilarious."

They ordered wine as they perused the menu; many of the dishes had fancy names which were a bit lost on Chris but the descriptions underneath meant he had a reasonable idea of what he ordered. They made small talk while they waited for their food before falling into a comfortable silence, both seemingly quite content. Rita eventually asked, "What are you thinking?"

"I was just thinking that this is amazing. Not too long ago I was in hospital in England, an injured soldier with no idea what to do; now I'm sat in a nice restaurant in California, having dinner with you."

"Life certainly is strange; who knew you'd end up sitting here with a porno star."

Chris was a bit taken aback, there was an edge to her voice that hadn't been there before; he didn't know if he'd upset her or if there was something else going on "Why did you say that?" He asked.

"Because it's the elephant in the room, no point us pretending it's not."

"I wasn't thinking of any elephants, I was just thinking you're a beautiful lady who on the two occasions I've met her has made me laugh and smile and who happened to ask me to dinner."

"Is that you trying to be charming?" Chris nodded. Rita smiled, "Not a bad attempt, but seriously it's what I do and to most people it's not normal, it's something we do need to talk about."

"I know and we will, I just don't want it to put me off my soup." It took Rita a moment to realize he was taking the piss.

"Do you make a joke of everything?" Rita asked. Chris smiled and was trying to think of a smart answer when their food arrived. They spent the next while talking about and enjoying the food. While they were waiting for dessert Rita said,

"I looked you up on the internet."

Chris tried to make light of it "Am I a world famous masseur yet?"

"Not yet, but I think you're a famous soldier." Chris just tilted his head and pursed his lips. "It took a bit of googling and searching but I think you helped to rescue some American soldiers."

"How do you know it was me?"

"One of the rescued soldiers wrote an article, said some soldiers from something called the SBS saved them, he said their leader was a big guy, his initial was C and he had fair hair and the biggest hands he'd ever seen. I put two and two together, got seven and thought of you. Was it you?"

"Yes."

"That's pretty cool," and as if reading his mind "I suppose you were just doing your job, were you."

Chris smiled, knowing she was mocking him a bit, but thinking that it was such a stock answer that he probably deserved to be mocked.

"So Mr. Soldier, tell me more about yourself, why a soldier and how'd you end up here?"

Chris dispensed with is normal stock answers, thinking she'd see through them and wanting to tell her more. He didn't say too much about his childhood other than it was ok, he joined up at eighteen for lack of anything else to do, found that it suited him and that he was good at it. He mentioned being in Special Forces without going into detail, he told her about being injured and rehab and how he came to do massage.

"As for being here, I read in the newspaper that California was full of gorgeous porn actresses that'll take you out for dinner, I couldn't resist."

Rita smiled and then looked serious "You make a joke of me being in the porn industry but what do you really think, does it bother you?"

"I really don't know." He thought about telling her he saw her movie but decided against it. "What I can say is that when I look at you it isn't what comes into my head, I don't think Rita, porn star. I think Rita, clever, funny, beautiful woman whom I'm enjoying being with and talking to. I know what you do is a big part of your life and influences a lot, but it's not what you are, it's what you do. Lots of other things make you what you are."

Even Chris was surprised at what he had just said, not really thinking about it, just letting it flow out, which was not him at all. Rita was just silent, he tried to read her face but couldn't, maybe sad, maybe thinking that was a load of bullshit. Chris felt compelled to carry on.

"As I said, I really don't know how I feel about it, but what I do think is that if you want me too, I will try to be the most honest, upfront, caring person I can be." Chris paused "And anyway you only have to flash those eyes at me and nothing else matters anyway."

She kicked him, gently, under the table, "Stop making a bloody joke about everything."

They both smiled and sat there in silence, Chris feeling nervous, wandering how Rita was feeling or what she was thinking. A waiter came over and they ordered coffees.

"So Mrs. Porn, your turn now. How'd a nice girl like you end up in a, well.., a nice place like this?"

The waiter brought coffees before Rita started her story. She had grown up in California and was the eldest of four girls in a loving, fairly conservative Puerto Rican family. She was always head strong and had clashed with her father, before dropping out of school and leaving home at eighteen. She was on a bit of a downward spiral and ended up doing exotic dancing in a dingy dive.

"Do you really want to hear this, it's a fairly standard story for a lot of girls in the industry, not very interesting."

"I do want to hear it, it's your story."

Rita continued "Anyway it nearly killed me the first few times I danced, but it was better than being homeless and all the things that entailed. I found I was good at it, I had always danced as a child and I had a great body in those days and made good money, or what I thought was good money. One of the other girls asked if I was willing to make movies, earn some real money. I wasn't that innocent and knew the type of movies she was talking about and I said no. As time went on she asked me again, said she was giving up the dancing, had found a very reputable company to work for and told me the money she could make for one days shooting. I was tempted and went along to meet the producers. They were in proper offices, nothing sleazy and seemed legit. They asked me to strip off which I did and the rest, as they say, is history."

"What age were you then?"

"Nineteen."

"Wow, that must have been tough, cut off from your family and out on your own."

"You certainly grow up quick."

"I bet, you must have been good at it, you're still doing it now."

"You might say I had a certain aptitude for it, I actually enjoyed some of the sex and got use to acting well when I didn't. I actually won quite a lot of awards for my movies. I was young and beautiful."

Chris nearly interrupted and said you still are but stopped himself.

"In those days we use to make what I call pretty porn, that seems to have gone now, everyone wants extreme or fetish stuff." She paused. "Do you know what I mean by the term MILF?" Chris nodded.

"Well believe it or not I've been playing mums you like to fuck since I was twenty four."

They both laughed, "That's mad." Said Chris.

"I know, the porn industry isn't known for its accurate storylines."

They sat there in silence, facing each other but not really making eye contact, neither sure where this was going. "Would you like another coffee?" Chris asked.

"No I'm fine, besides I think they might chuck us out soon." They looked around, there was only one other table still occupied, and they seemed to be finishing up.

"This evening has gone way too fast, I'm loving hearing all about you." Chris said.

"It doesn't need to be over." Rita said, leaning forward and taking Chris's hands in hers. Chris laughed.

"What you laughing at?"

"Sorry, I'm nervous, besides I thought traditionally I should be trying to get in your knickers, not the other way round."

"Neither of us is exactly traditional and besides, I don't wear knickers." Rita said with an exaggerated pout. They both smiled.

"Anyway what are you nervous about?"

"Just life and relationships I guess, it's well over three years since I was seeing someone or have even been out on a date. A bit of me thought I never would again, I sort of got use to the idea."

Rita smiled, locking her eyes on his she said, "It's over five years since I was on a date, I've obviously had lots of sex but not with anyone I wanted to make love with. I don't know if it will happen but there's a bit of me that wants to lay beside you, to cuddle you, to caress you, to discover you, to know you."

Rita's hands were lost in his and he held them, gently rubbing his thumbs across her wrists. He longed to pull her closer.

"I'm nervous too, I never thought I'd meet someone who I could trust, who might understand and respect me and I think you might. I've loved this evening and I don't want it to stop, I'm scared I'll never get this feeling back again. Will you come home with me, if you want we can just sit up all night and talk."

Smile lines formed around Chris's eyes, gently he said "I think I've said more tonight than I have my whole life." Leaning forward so their faces were close "I'd love to come home with you."

Rita's was less than a fifteen minute walk away and Chris suggested walking.

"No one walks in this town."

"We'll start a new trend."

They walked and Rita mainly talked. She told him some more about her family, her father had died ten years before and she never got to make it up with him which really hurt her. Her mother knew what she did and obviously disapproved but was also proud of the success she had had. She had helped pay for two of her sisters to go to college and her youngest one had been a bit wild and had tried to join the industry but Rita had managed to dissuade her.