Age is Only a Number

Story Info
Can a detective rebound from a horrible divorce?
5.5k words
4.4
11.2k
15
7
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Standard Disclaimers: As usual, all characters in my story reside only in my own mind. This story could be in the LW category. It could be in the Mature category, or it just might fit in the Romance category. Whichever category it winds up in, this author hopes it fits well. Any and all sexual stuff is done by people 18 years of age, and older.

My name is Steve Rollins, and for the past 22 years I've been a member of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department, 16 of those years as a Detective. I'm about to celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary, with my second wife, Bonnie.

To say we are an odd couple is an understatement. Me, standing just over 6'3" and a solid 215, and Bonnie just over 5'1" and about, well, a gentleman never asks a woman her weight, but my wife will never be mistaken for a runway model. Oh, yes, she just happens to be 18 years my senior. She has two adult daughters, closer to my age, with four adorable grandchildren. I have two daughters in high school, from my first marriage.

We have known each other for the majority of my time as a 'County Mountie', as her job as a secretary for our department, meant we associated quite often.

When I was going through my near disastrous divorce, her sound advice helped me, greatly. At no time, did we have any romantic thoughts about each other.

A little back story is called for, here. After graduating high school, in Ontario, California, I enlisted in the Army, to try and figure out my life. I was never what could be called a great book learner, but could figure out most problems.

The Army decided to make me a cop, and I excelled at that job, much to my surprise. I loved my three years, but wanted to make my way in the civilian world.

Just as I was being discharged from the military, the LA county sheriff's department was hiring, and my three years of being an MP helped greatly, getting hired.

I absolutely loved my job. Patrolling one of the most diverse counties in the country, I found each and every day was a challenge. I also found that I was more than up to these challenges.

During my first few years, I had several short term girlfriends, but most of them didn't care for my varied work hours.

Then I met Fay Roberts. Cute, outgoing, and someone I just clicked with. A year younger than me, tall, at nearly 5'10", and on the thin side. I think it was on our third date, or was it the second, we went back to my apartment, as she had a roommate, and just started ripping each other's clothes off, and fucking like there was no tomorrow. I quickly found out that I was definitely not her first, but after our third time in two hours, we both agreed we found our best.

While not being able to take my entire 8 inches in her mouth, she definitely came very, very close. She could easily take my sex in both other places, and did, wholeheartedly.

Aside from the great sex, we actually had a lot in common. We did actually talk, at length, with me telling her my life story, and she sharing hers with me.

She was working as a fitness instructor, at a fashionable gym, not too far from where both of us lived, as we only lived about five miles from each other.

We quickly became an item, and soon moved in together, finding a nicer, bigger apartment, close by. As we slowly progressed, we started talking marriage.

One thing that stuck in the back of my mind was the fact she worked closely with some young, good looking men. Many times, she reassured me I was more than enough to satisfy each and every desire of hers.

With both of us working non standard hours, we were used to not seeing each other at standard, married couple's time. And we weren't even married, yet.

Setting our wedding day, in the early fall, we just couldn't imagine being more in love. Our sex life was over the moon. We seemed to be best friends.

At the two year mark of our marriage, we took the huge step of starting a family. Pills were discarded. Our bedroom activities were in high gear, with nothing off the table.

One particular night, during a torrid love making session, my cock was buried deep in her behind, when she looked me in both eyes and told me if I continued that practice, we'd never have children.

Roughly three months later, we found out she was pregnant. Excited doesn't even begin to describe how we both felt. We debated for a few weeks to see if we wanted to know the sex of our first child.

Right about the four month mark, we found out we were having a daughter. With our second bedroom now becoming a nursery, we did start thinking about a house.

As Fay grew, our sex life was becoming limited to just oral, which neither of us objected to. I could bring her to multiple orgasms with just my very talented tongue, and one or two fingers.

One very active night, as we were relaxing, and I was softly massaging her growing boobs, she gets a case of the giggles. When I asked what was so funny, she told me, her mother had told her that her grandmother told her that too many orgasms brought on premature births.

Wow, if that was so, I told her, our daughter would already be born!

Nearing her due date, sex was the last thing either of us thought about. I was afraid of hurting both her and our daughter, and Fay thought she was so large, nobody should look at her. On the contrary, I mentioned, more than once, "your body is magnificent." I truly thought so.

One afternoon, just as I was preparing to head to work, I knew it was time. Fay had this 'look' in her eyes, and was moaning in a very non sexual way.

Off to the hospital, we went. Just over four hours later, Heather Susan Rollins joined our family. With this tiny bit of light brown fuzz where her hair would be, some day, and the cutest grin in the entire state, we both just held each other, while little Heather was cleaned up and put into Fay's arms. Our lives would never be the same.

I took two weeks off, and after just a few days, Fay wanted me back at work. If for no other reason, she was tired of me begging for sex. I didn't realize what a pain I could be, so I did back off. I also realized how quickly this tiny little creature had me wrapped around her little finger.

Back at work I realized how tired I was, and how all my older co-workers had warned me of this very sensation.

One night, about a month after Heather's birth, I fell into bed, just wiped out. After putting her in her crib, my wife snuggled up behind me, reached around my body, and started running her hand up and down the front of my briefs. Even as tired as I was, my manhood reacted to this fabulous attention it was getting.

Silently, she pulled my briefs down, rolled me on my back, and very slowly started licking my shaft, up and down. Paying particular attention to the head, running her tongue all around it, and moaning, softly as she progressed.

In between her bobbing up and down, she whispered, just a few more weeks, and you can do this to me. As more of my cock disappeared down her throat, she softly started rubbing my balls.

Christ, I thought, I'm not going to last very long. True to my thoughts, I exploded deep into her mouth. God damn that felt good. We both fell into each others arms, hugging, kissing, and whispering how much we loved each other.

Fay took to motherhood like a duck to water. She and Heather bonded so fast, I almost felt left out. Until each time I'd pick her up and hold her in my arms. Feeding her from one of the bottles filled from the pump Fay used to give her beleaguered body a rest. I just couldn't get enough of those big brown eyes looking up at me.

It didn't take long to get back into our routine of mind blowing sex.

At three months, Fay returned to work, part time to begin with, for another two months. My case load kept me busy, with my little group getting the most complicated cases.

Just over eight months after Heather's birth, we found out our family was about to get another member. Luckily, we found a larger place to live. A four bedroom house, that needed a bit of work, that I knew I could complete.

Another two months and we learned Heather would soon have a little sister, to keep her company. The time flew by, and soon we were off to the hospital, and with just over two hours of labor, Hailey Jean Rollins entered our lives. It was like we had a second Heather, they looked so much alike.

It didn't take long to return to our routine. Fay working part time, and me moving up a notch to Detective, Second Grade. Life was good.

As our daughters began school, Heather in kindergarten, and Hailey in preschool, Fay started working a bit more. Gradually, I began noticing little things that began to bother me. Nothing on its own, but a growing group of little things that were adding up to the beginning of serious mistrust.

When Hailey began kindergarten, and Heather started second grade, I knew something was very wrong. Sex dipped to next to nothing.

Too much work. Kids were too much. I sensed she was getting sexual satisfaction somewhere else.

After nearly two months of this, when she came home at nearly 9 in the evening, I asked her straight out before she could run into the shower, if she was cheating on me.

"Why do you ask?" she snapped.

"You do know those who answer a question with a question, are usually guilty, of something," I answered.

As she turned to walk away, I calmly asked, again, "are you cheating on me?"

She stopped and without looking at me, she just nodded, and ran up the stairs to our bedroom. I heard a door slam, and then heard the shower running.

I walked into our bedroom, sat on the end of our bed, and waited. After more time than her normal shower would take, she finally emerged, with a towel wrapped around her body, and another around her head, drying her hair.

"Can I ask why?"

Shrugging, she admitted that it "just happened"

"Choosing what to eat for lunch, happens. Deciding to cheat on your husband doesn't just happen!" I tried to stay calm, but wasn't too successful.

"Do we tell the girls together?"

She shrugged, again.

"Do I know him?"

"Not really, but you might know of him."

"A local athlete?"

Just a nod of her head.

"New in town, and doing some rehab on his own?"

Another nod.

"Marcus Greenwood?"

This time her hands flew up to her face, as tears started, causing her to retreat back into our bathroom.

I knew of Marcus Greenwood, the Lakers newest basketball player. I wasn't pissed that he was black. I wasn't pissed that he was only 22 or 23 years old. No, what had me steaming was the fact that this kid was starting his third season in the NBA and this was already his third team. If he's as good as advertised, why doesn't any team want him.

Two weeks later, Fay moved into his new house, some sort of mansion, but I insisted the girls finish up at their school, but she insisted they stay with the two of them, on weekends, to get used to the new living situation.

Each time I asked if they were getting married, I got the same tired answer. To be determined.

As the school year was winding down, with only two weeks to go, I started to gear myself up to only being allowed to visit every other weekend. It sucked, but I was behind the eight ball. Even though that cheating cunt caused this, almost every family court in the state gave primary custody to the mother, cheating cunt, or not.

Unless!!

I'm at work one morning, when our secretary, Bonnie Phillips, tells me there's a call for me from North Carolina.

PHONE CONVERSATION

Detective Rollins, here.

Detective Smithers, Mecklenburg County Sheriff's department. I've heard a whisper that Marcus Greenwood is in your area, now with the Lakers, correct?

Yep, and my soon to be ex wife is moving in with him!

Oh, shit. Tell me, are there children involved?

Two girls, 7 and nearly 6.

Detective Rollins, you have to stop this, like yesterday!

When we finished our conversation, I was livid. I called the Fulton County Sheriff's department, and asked the person who answered about Greenwood's year with the Atlanta Hawks. Same fucking story.

I ran, not walked to the Courthouse and filed an emergency injunction, forbidding one Marcus Greenwood from being anywhere closer than 500 feet from my daughters.

Monday morning, LA County Superior Court. Greenwood, my soon to be ex, and two lawyers on one side. Me, with my own lawyer on the other side.

FAMILY COURT PROCEEDINGS

Judge Cooper presiding.

Mr. Rollins, what is the basis for your injunction?

Your Honor, if you are Judge Cooper, please address me as Detective Rollins.

With a semi nasty look, he says, continue, Detective Rollins.

Taking several deep breaths, I start to explain the need for my injunction.

Two years ago, while a top draft pick for the Charlotte Hornets, Mr. Greenwood was charged with sexual abuse of a minor.

Objection!!

Let the Detective continue.

After a week of investigation, the girl's parents withdrew their complaint. Let the court be advised those parents received a check for $150,000.

Objection!!

Sit down, councilor.

Last year, after being traded to the Atlanta Hawks, Mr. Greenwood was again charged with the same offense. Low and behold the little girl's parents dropped the case, and another $150,000 check was delivered to these parents, too.

Your Honor, there is no way on God's Green Earth, I will allow my daughters to live with a fucking pedophile!!

Detective Cooper, your language won't be tolerated!

Sorry, your Honor, but would you let your granddaughter live with a known pedophile?

Your Honor, Mrs. Rollins has primary custody.

My daughters won't live with that man, end of discussion! My parents in Ontario will keep them until its been decided where they go.

What about my parents, Fay asked.

Oh, that's great, two rock solid alcoholics, living on welfare.

Detective and Mrs Rollins, in my chamber, now!

JUDGES CHAMBERS

Sitting as far apart as his desk would allow, Judge Cooper came in, looked Fay in the eye and asked if she was aware of these charges.

"He told me that both charges were dropped."

"Did he tell you about the $300,000 he paid to those parents?"

Just a shake of her head, with me knowing she didn't have a clue.

Turning to me, he asked if I was sure my parents would agree to this arrangement. Yes, Your Honor, we've talked at length, all weekend.

"Your Honor, I didn't get a chance before you called us in here, but both my girls are very uncomfortable around that man. It seems as if he walks around the house nearly naked, and has gone into their bedrooms, my guess, is to catch them undressing."

My ex was reduced to tears, and just shook her head. It was obvious she either didn't know, or didn't want to know.

The following day, my girls moved in with my parents, with a temporary restraining order against one Marcus Greenwood.

My next day at work, as I passed Bonnie's desk, I sensed something was wrong. No cheerful hello. Not even looking up from her desk. I went back to my desk, but had to know what was going on.

I asked her, quietly to come into the little conference room, next to her desk, and I asked her what was wrong.

"You are aware that my older daughter is married to a black man, aren't you?"

"Oh, Bonnie, what went on in court had absolutely nothing to do with race. He's a pedophile! He didn't want Fay, he wanted my two little girls!"

Before she could respond, I see a text on my phone from my ex telling me she is being kicked out of his house. I showed this to Bonnie, to which she asked me what was I going to do.

"Not a damned thing. She can go live with her parents, for all I care. Are we good?"

Her answer was to get up and give me a very nice hug, and a one word answer. "Sorry"

I went back to my desk with this huge smile. Not only was my dumbass ex out of her huge house, she had most likely lost our daughters, forever.

Going back to my desk, I just sat staring at the text from my ex. Was I happy? Somewhat. Did she get what she deserved? Most certainly. A mother's primary job is to protect her children, and she failed, miserably.

As I was leaving for the day, Bonnie stopped me, apologizing, again.

"Bonnie, do you have dinner plans?"

"As a matter of fact, my older daughter and her family are taking me to dinner. Do you want to join us?"

"Only if you are positive I'll be welcomed."

Off we went, in separate cars, to a very popular family restaurant. Watching Bonnie greet her family, I had second thoughts about this. My personal life was in shambles. I didn't want to feel like a third wheel, but I got my butt in gear, and went inside.

Her son in law greeted me first, with a very sincere welcome, and introduced me to their two kids, 6 and 5 years of age. Wow, Bonnie has grandkids near my daughters age.

Nothing was mentioned during dinner, about my court proceedings, but her 6 year old granddaughter asked if I was ever afraid at work.

I told her I wasn't so much afraid, but always cautious. When she asked if there were girl cops, I told her, of course, and very good ones, too.

Leaving after dinner, I walked Bonnie to her car, thanking her for the very nice family conversation. Getting to her car, she turned to me, silently, and on her tiptoes, gave me a very tender, soft kiss.

"Steve, I've wanted to do that for weeks and weeks. I hope I'm not out of line."

Catching my breath, but not letting go, I returned the kiss with one of my own, letting my hands softly squeeze her nicely rounded behind.

"I'd better go home, Steve, I can already see my family staring at us," she said with a sly grin.

"See you at work, tomorrow, kiddo," I answered.

Arriving at work, the next morning, I nodded and said, "good morning, Mrs. Phillips."

"Good morning, to you, Detective."

Sitting down at my desk, I heard one of the other secretaries say, loud enough so everyone could hear, "for God's sake Bonnie, take that man into an empty office and let him fuck your brains out!"

My face must have turned a dozen shades of red. I was thankful the office was fairly empty, at this time.

I was getting my morning cup of coffee, when I felt a hand at my lower back, with Bonnie standing next to me.

"I guess you heard Mary's comment, earlier, right?"

Turning to face her, I quietly asked if I could take her to dinner, the next evening.

"Not tonight?"

"Are you sure?" I asked.

Nodding, she turned to return to her desk, with a million watt smile.

I was left with the remainder of the day to wonder, what, if anything might happen? What do I want to happen?

I left for home, to pack a few things, just in case. As usual, I talked with my girls and my parents, as I did every day. I told them I was having dinner with Bonnie, as they all knew her after working together for ten years.

Both my girls, as well as my parents wished me well. All the way over to her house, I had a smile on my face. A smile that had been missing for months.

Dinner proved very interesting, as we talked about anything and everything except work. She did ask how my girls were doing, and mentioned we should get together with her grandchildren some time.

"Bonnie, are you positive about me coming over, after dinner?"

"To be truthful, I'm not sure, Steve."

"You know, I won't be too disappointed, if I don't stay."

"Oh, fuck it, you can always sleep in the guest room," she said with a sly grin.

Off we went. To what, I truly wasn't sure.

Getting to her quaint, little bungalow, I was not sure who was more nervous.

Taking her light sweater off, she softly told me to just hold her. Putting my arms around her, with her head on my chest, we just sort of swayed in the middle of the living room. I gently lifted her face and gave her a soft kiss. Then another, adding a bit of tongue.

12