Agency

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He hung up. I just stared at my phone in shock, wondering where the nice guy I had married had gone.

When I saw reconciliation was going nowhere, I finally thought seriously about signing the divorce papers. It was a fair split of property without any alimony. The one wrinkle though was that, after our last call, my husband filed an emergency motion for full custody, arguing that I did not really want to be a mother in the first place, as evidenced by my time away from my daughter working and by my abortion, and that my admitted mental illness demonstrated that I posed a danger to the child. That goaded me, so my attorney and I immediately opposed the request and filed my own motion for primary custody, arguing that I was receiving treatment, that my condition was easily treatable, that my depression was now under control, and that I was devoted to motherhood 150%. The day after I filed, his attorney withdrew my husband's custody motion and informed the court that my husband had no objection to me having primary custody, which the court promptly granted, while giving my husband liberal visitation rights. I realized then that he had suckered me into stepping up to a parenthood I was still ambivalent about. At that point, I gave up and signed the divorce papers. It was all over but the waiting. Fortunately, the waiting was not that long.

At work one day, I learned that was Rick Margolis and his wife were getting a divorce. Rick blamed me, which made work even less pleasant. Seems my husband shared his suspicions about my lack of fidelity with Rick's wife. She unleashed a private investigator on Rick. Of course, she found nothing involving me, but it seems Rick actually did have a girlfriend on the side that no one knew about, so poor Rick just became collateral damage from the explosion of my marriage.

I eventually quit my miserable job after finding another position that had better hours and lower stress, and that made parenting less of a hassle. I actually started to enjoy parenthood, especially when my mother stepped in to help take care of my daughter, which kept costs down. My ex-mother-in-law helped, too. I could tell that neither one ever got over what I did, but we didn't talk about it.

Now, as my daughter runs around the house after a fun weekend with daddy, talking constantly and bouncing off the walls, I think about how much easier still it would be, if he were here chasing along behind her as he probably would have been otherwise. I also think about how it might have been nice for her to be an older sister but realized those thoughts and feelings were coming to me far too late.

I hear my ex is enjoying his free agency. My daughter, now four and quite the talker, tells me how pretty her daddy's friend Miss Julie is and that Miss Julie and her daddy have their own bedroom in his apartment. I guess my daughter might have some younger brothers or sisters one of these days anyway. Just not with me.

12
Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
244 Comments
OlefishermanOlefisherman3 days ago

People talk all the time about a woman's right to have an abortion. Where in the constitution is it it written? The courts are not supposed to make laws they are only are there to interpret them. Somehow that whole process ended up with people thinking that the law said a woman woman had a right to an abortion. Granted there are several reasons for abortion and most reasonable minded people know what they are, however the father of a child should also have the right to say if his child can be killed. If he is willing to accept all the responsibility for raising the child. Now the woman well I guess it guess it's just the price she pays for some sex,good or bad. As long as having a baby is not a threat to her life. It's not going to kill her. It might piss her off. Take a year of her life but that would set an example to other. Oh well don't worry I am not the morality police. This was just a story and I am just one old man.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

There's a story on literotica where a wife (who has a condition that makes getting pregnant difficult) gets an abortion because she is going to donate a kidney to her sister, she makes this decision with her mother guilting or badgering her into it with no input from her husband. The husband was Stupid enough to stay with her through the whole ordeal and then divorce her, in the end he completely committed suicide. when what he should have done is immediately separate their finances, walk away from her, file for divorce and leave her to her own devises and NEVER see or talk to her ever again. I can't find the title to this story, I really Hate this story and would love to read a better version where the bitch and her mother suffer horribly.

desecrationdesecration23 days ago

I recognize how people see abortion is murder, but the more I experience humanity, the more I am sure that most people should have been aborted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A unique twist on the LW genre. DMW aka Sumnut96

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Dad should have pushed for full custody.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Typical of the entitled female mind. (Not all are like this) Fails to recognize that choices have consequences, and she doesn't have agency over those consequences. Ah well, just another single mother.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA2 months ago

The second greatest betrayal happened in this story. An affair is the worst betrayal by either spouse, She got pregnant on purpose and forget the bull shit about being married but it's my body. That is not what pro-choice is about. Hopefully she doesn't likely move to that next unsuspecting sucker before she gains some perspective and humility.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit2 months ago

Loved it! Yes, a trifle OTT, so what, so are a great many stories on this site, ESPECIALLY of the Wimp/Cuck/Fag genre! Goes some small way to redress the balance of sanity! Thanks!

R.S.

AllNigherAllNigher2 months ago

Husband was a giant asswipe... What she did may not have been great but his reaction was over the top. And sorry, but insisting she's cheating with no proof... And when she isn't... In front of both their parents is a scum move. Using the kids as he did in the divorce when he clearly didn't want custody... Another. He sends like he was using this because he didn't want to be married. Can't imagine cutting off all communication over showing like this... What a complete dick.

And the blaming.... She's to blame for him thinking she's cheating, nothing wrong with him. His explosions and derogatory comments are get fault, he's perfection event as he threatened to punch her.... Yeah, real winner. Why would she even want him around. Hell, she could have used his that to get limited access to the kids....

Sorry, but this is just a sad story and points to the low opinion the author has of women in general. I mean really, she's not a fit mother because she has a job (#2 reason listed!), Doesn't want another child, and had since depression. He had a job, lots of guys don't want more kids, and depression happens to everyone at some time. And listing being employed as the#1 reason. We'll grwat, that's your opinion sorry get and your child with her as primary care giver so she doesn't have to work and get depressed... Solution complete.

Prick...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wife was a selfish bitch. At least the husband didn't waste time in divorcing her. She must be happy with her agency now

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Was disappointed greatly with this story. Unfortunate as seems an otherwise talented author.

The husband is a complete ass and coward. His epiphany about wife's selfishness allowing him to then embrace it too is bs. He was completely wrapped up in his own from start. She's absolutely better off without this guy who does nothing to honor his vows and runs out on his family at first problem. Yes it would be best if she'd turned to her husband even before getting pregnant but rather than showing any understanding, competition, honoring or cherishing his wife he confronts her in front of family already having packed and condemned. His paranoia maybe from too many LW stories and misogyny had him hurling infidelity accusations at her, which author implies she's to blame for for having not been 100% honest at all times with husband. While worthy aspiration we all fall short. He dismisses her depression and gives a string of bs false equivalencies in decision making consultation and clever twisted bs about agency. Yes in healthy relationship they would have communicated more and it is understandable he'd be hurt by her acting on her own, button chooses to through a tantrum and leave, ever threatening physical violence on her (after being outrage at mere idea she might not feel safe with him when he's angry). Where is any of his love concern and empathy for her? Yes it wasn't the best for her to throw the agency argument and reality in his face, though he did setup confrontation not discussion and communication. The fact is fair or not the one with the womb bears the greater burden in pregnancy by far and often into child rearing as well. Men can complain however historically in our culture and physiologically this is so. Want more input, be a better father and husband and take on more of the burden child rearing and taking care of household duties, social and school matters etc ... don't just think you're there for your wife. Communicate listen and see if she finds you are. Actually man up not just because only you feel or you and your similar buddies feel you are, but because you can see and feel it in your wife's eyes and actions.

And any taking the religious tack on abortion that has become so tangled and corrupted with political objectives ... the Bible is rife with infanticide. Jesus was sacrificed/aborted by his father ... Numbers contains specific direction on aborting fetus from infidelity and so on. Those using moral or religious grounds against abortion are usually doing so to control women, for personal power/control and or to deceive groups of people and galvanize support for unrelated political agendas that are otherwise unpopular on there own (typically economic).

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"from now on that agency is going to be free agency" Great line! Still a sad story, though...

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

A Promise Made, A Vow Broken No such thing as a hall pass when it comes to wedding vows.in Loving Wives
Rebirth Her betrayal destroyed him, but she kept one last secret.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Words Can you destroy a betrayer with just words?in Loving Wives
Boy Scout When she cheated, he quickly got prepared for payback.in Non-Erotic
More Stories