Alice, Tom & Mary

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why yes, hasn't he just come out of seclusion, accompanied by a beautiful woman!"

The penny dropped, and Mary understood the 'beautiful woman' was Tom's ex-wife.

Now I couldn't stop the tears as they ran down my cheeks.

Mary jumped up quickly. I also stood triggered by her sudden reaction. She came around the table, putting her arms around my chest and hugging me with her head against my shoulder. I gently wrapped my arms around her shoulders, and we embraced.

I sobbed into her shoulder, mumbling, "You must think I'm a fool, blubbering like this."

Standing back, Mary responded, "You're not over her, are you?"

I give an impeachable nod.

She went on to say, "but you thought you were. No one can hide their feelings by burying them deep sooner or later they finally surface."

We were standing arm in arm, looking deeply into each other's eyes, for a brief moment in time. Then Mary prompted, and we sat on the lounge chair and held each other for a while, then just held hands.

Then, in a soft voice, I started telling Mary about Alice and how we met at Uni, our careers, marriage, and two children. Finally, I describe the disastrous trip to the South of France, where Alice betrayed me.

Mary and I held each other in a firm embrace, and we both slipped into wine-induced sleep in each other's arms.

Waking around midnight, I discovered my arm still around Mary's shoulders, her head resting in the crook of my shoulder. A most comfortable feeling of tranquillity came over me. For the first time in months, I felt content, sitting there enjoying the female-male physical contact.

Mary finally awoke, and I apologised for keeping her from bed. She, in turn, thanked me for she hadn't had a cuddle like that since long before her divorce and missed a man's arms around her. At the door, Mary kissed me and thanked me for assembling the bike as I left. Before I reached my car, she invited me to Robyn's birthday party the following Saturday at two. There was a spring in my step arriving home - thoughts of Alice had dimmed.

At the birthday party, I met Kate, Robyn, and Mary's mother (Ruth) for the first time. Ruth had recently moved back to London to live with her widowed sister after Ruth's husband had died of food poisoning a year ago. After the party, I spent the rest of the afternoon helping Robyn learn to ride her new bike. Mary invited me to stay for dinner with her family, allowing me to know more about them. Leaving at eleven that night with another gentle kiss from Mary.

I realised later at home while lying in bed, I hadn't given Alice a thought all day and found recent memories of her fading, all the more, the better.

Holding out for half a week, I called Mary on Wednesday night and invited her and the girls around for dinner Saturday night at my home.

Mary responded, "I'm afraid the girls cannot make it because they are having a sleepover at their friend's home all next weekend."

"Does that mean you cannot make it either?" I asked.

"Nooo...I'll be there, come what may," she replied. So we made it a date for Saturday, at six in the evening.

Over dinner, I asked Mary about her ex-husband.

"Yes, it's time I told you the sad story of my marriage. But I don't for one minute regret my two girls," she replied.

Mary's story

"After graduating with a primary school teaching degree, my first posting was Salisbury Primary School. I taught for about a year when my car stopped one very wet afternoon while traveling home."

"I managed to pull off the road, where I opened the bonnet and stood there in the pouring rain looking into the engine compartment with no clue what I was doing. I hoped someone would stop and help me. As a last resort, I could call my Dad, but he was two hours away. Sure enough, a car did stop, and that's when I met Josh Smith. Fortunately, Josh was a car mechanic and single."

"We dated on and off for six months and moved in together a year later. The only drawback with our sex life was using condoms as I was allergic to the Pill. But I always made sure we had plenty in the flat."

"However, six months on and I found myself pregnant. Mum was fuming when I told her she had to get married when she fell pregnant with me and had hoped it would happen to me. At least I had a career. Josh was not happy we argued a lot for a month. In the end, Josh agreed to get married. I think Dad may have threatened him?"

"By now, I was showing my pregnancy, so we decided to keep the cost down. We would get married in the local registry office. Seven months later, our daughter (Kate) was born. I talked Josh into getting pregnant again as soon as possible. I wanted two children, regardless of sex. I told Josh I could get back to teaching sooner and with two wage incomes so we could afford to purchase a house. I promised Josh six months after the birth, I would go back to the hospital and get my tubes tied so I could not have any more children."

"Sure enough, some eighteen months later, I was back in hospital having our second child (Robyn). Settling back in the flat, I found Josh to be in a bad mood all the time, argumentative. Within a month, Josh exploded one evening while I was nursing a crying Robyn. Josh accused me of tricking him into marriage and children. Claiming he never wanted children. But, I reminded Josh, he was the one who came home drunk one night wanted sex without a condom that's how we conceived Kate."

"Then, with a bag packed, he walked out the door saying he wanted a divorce he had found someone else. Devastated, I phoned my parents, sobbing with the sad news of our separation. Mum could hear my two crying children in the background. They took pity on me, arrived, and helped me move back to their home in London."

"Dad did all the divorce work; he had contacts in the legal world. All I did was sign the papers. I only asked Josh for child support. I felt it was partly my fault the marriage failed. He has never shown any interest in the girls since! Perhaps if they were boys, who knows?"

"As soon as my youngest was eating solid food, I started looking for a part-time teaching position in the area, and three months later, I got one for twenty hours a week."

"Thank goodness for Mum, she virtually raised Kate and Robyn those first few years. When Kate was ready for school, I was working full time, so Kate started school there. Robyn followed."

"Dad was a Police sergeant and was injured at work, qualifying for early retirement. He had delayed retiring for two years just for the grandchildren and me. I couldn't hold Mum and Dad up any longer. Now it was their time to enjoy retirement together. They needed to sell the house to move to the south coast to live. I would have loved to purchase their home. I just couldn't afford the payments. So I found this flat, and here we are three years later."

I had finished the last of my life story, while we had a cup of tea sitting on the lounge chair side by side. Tom didn't say a word throughout the story and just held my hand when I teared up. Having bared my soul to Tom, I felt more connected to him. We now had no secrets from one another.

Sitting quietly together, I came to a decision. Talking, Tom's hand, I led him to his bedroom, pushing him back to sit on the bed. I undid the buttons on my dress, dropping it to the floor, standing in front of him in my bra and panties.

Finally, I said, "Well, what do you think?"

He replied, "I like the color of your eyes, and you have the cutest nose!"

"Is that all," I responded.

He slowly ran his eyes down my body and replied, "You have nice firm looking breasts for a woman who has had two children, your stomach is still quite flat," looking lower, "and you have great legs."

"What about the other bit," I stated in a firmer voice.

Lifting his eyes, "Well, from what I can see, you look nude down there!"

I could see a gleam in his eyes and a slight grin on his face.

'Men,' I pondered. 'Don't know what their preoccupation is with naked pubis, but it works every time.'

Then, undoing my bra, letting it slowly slip off my breasts, they dropped and bounced slightly. I dangled my bra seductively in my fingers.

"Now, Tom, it's your turn."

He quickly removed his shirt, untied his belt, and then dropped his pants to the floor, frantically trying to step out of them.

He was about to take off his underpants when I told him to "STOP".

We stood, looking into each other. I bent, slowly sliding my panties over my hips, letting them slip down my legs to the floor. I stood back with legs slightly apart to give Tom a clear view. His eyes were wide. I could see the lust in them. Looking down, I could see the outline of his penis rising to the occasion. Dropping to a crouch, I pulled his undies down, and his cock popped out in front of me. Wrapping my fingers around his shaft, I gently stroked it, getting a groan from him. I think it was a bit longer and thicker than my ex-husbands. I was looking forward to experiencing it. I quickly and efficiently rolled on a condom.

We embraced, the kisses started soft and light but got more urgent by the second we fell on the bed. Lovemaking was fast, hot, and steamy. We discovered each other's bodies. Later that night, we made love again, but at a quieter pace. Tom's head was resting between my breasts, fast asleep. His gentle breathing was blowing a stream of warm air, keeping my nipples alert. My arm was across his shoulder; my fingers were toying with his hair, gently caressing his scalp.

I laid waiting for sleep to claim me, peering into the darkened room, not because I was unsatisfied. Quite the opposite, that was the best lovemaking I had ever experienced. It occurred to me, 'that's what lovemaking is all about, not just sex then rolling apart! It was so different from my ex-husband.' I knew, without a doubt, I loved this man with all my heart and would for the rest of my life. As soon as we were married, I wanted his child, making a stronger union and a happy family. So I laid there, content until sleep finally took me.

Tom

When I woke up in the morning's soft light, I could feel the warmth of another body next to me, and it took a moment to remember our night together with a warm glow. Looking at Helen's beautiful face peeks out from under the bed covers. I realised it was the best night's sleep I had in a long time.

While Mary snoozed, I got up and made a lite breakfast. Returning to the bedroom with a breakfast tray, I found Mary awake, sitting up unashamedly, displaying her bare breasts for me to view. I passed her the tray to hold while I slipped off the apron to reveal my naked crotch. Standing for a moment, I did a little wiggle.

Mary laughed, saying, "You had better be careful, a little birdie may swoop down and peck that off," before I slid back into bed.

I said, "I hope you like a continental breakfast, four slices of toast with real butter,

Marmite, Marmalade jam, milk, and a hot pot of tea for two."

After putting the tray aside, I suggested, "How about we take a picnic lunch to Hyde Park and visit the museums or art galleries in the area. Then, stop for a high-tea at Kensington Palace Pavilion, arriving back here around four in the afternoon so you can be at home when the girls arrive?"

"Lovely," replied Mary, "but what about a shower together first to start the day?"

I was out of bed in a flash, grabbing fresh towels, and had the shower running before she rose.

Sunday evening, I pottered around the kitchen tidying up, remembering our weekend together, and could only smile with happy thoughts. I had fallen in love with Mary and the girls, and I was sure she felt the same about me. It's only a matter of time before we would be together for the rest of their lives. There were no more feelings for Alice in my heart - Mary had consumed it all.

So I decided to visit Royal & Sons** jewelers and buy an engagement ring. What's that boy scout motto, 'always be prepared'.

The following week, Mary was at the hairdressers and read about Pierre and Alice's marriage. Alice looked exquisite in the magazine photos. They were the toast of Paris.

A week on and I proposed to Mary, and she ecstatically accepted. This time Mary wanted a church wedding come hell or high water. It was a small wedding, with Mary's close family and friends. My only invite was my now aged parents and Helen from work, whose date was the mysterious Peter.

Mary wore a silk knee-length cream dress with a large yellow bow around her waist to emphasise her generous curves. Mary's matron of honor (Rosemary), a close school colleague, wore a lemon dress. Her husband (Albert), my best man, wore a black tux, a twin to mine. Kate and Robyn were flower girls, dressed in yellow-lemon Bo Peep outfits.

Ruth fussed like a mother hen and took a multitude of photographs. Afterward, we all dined at a local Italian restaurant. When the owners found out, we were just married. Their duet serenaded us during the main meal, supplying bottles of homemade Italian red wine. We all slept well that night.

Two days later, the whole family boarded a British Airways flight to Barbados for our honeymoon. I booked a suite for Mary and myself and another three-room suite for Ruth and the girls.

We all swam, snorkel, viewed the reef, and ate the most delicious food. But all too soon, our two weeks in Barbados were up, and we were soaring our way back to London.

Before we left for the honeymoon, I had a new kitchen installed and, whilst we were away, had the inside of our house repainted.

Arriving back in England, Mary and the girls moved into our home the following week. Kate and Robyn were pleased to have a room each. Unfortunately, there was still only one bathroom. So Mary and I start showering at night to avoid running out of hot water in the morning.

Seven months on, Mary bore a son, and we named him Robert. The old house was starting to get a bit cramped, so we decided to sell up and purchase a bigger four-bedroom home with en-suites, as the girls wanted their privacy.

Just when you think everything is going well and nothing could go wrong, all hell breaks loose. It was just three days before Robert's first birthday when I got Mary's distraught phone call at work late in the afternoon.

Robyn had been in a car accident and taken by ambulance to the hospital's accident and emergency department with a broken arm and possible head injuries. Yes, she did wear her cycle helmet, thank god. Mary asked if I could pick up Ruth on my way; she was expecting me. We met a tearful Mary, Kate, and Robert in the emergency waiting room.

The Police were in attendance at the hospital, and the constable while reading from his notebook, described the circumstance of the incident.

"While Robyn was riding her bike home, she swerved to miss a dog running on the side of the road, causing her to turn into the path of an oncoming car." No charges were laid, a simple accident. The pushbike is a write-off. They offered to put it into the recycle bin.

The doctor arrived an hour later at the waiting room door. Robyn had been moved to room 232. The doctor explained "her broken arm was now in a plaster cast and would mend; however, she had brain swelling. As a result, she was placed in an induced coma because of possible brain damage."

We were shown to Robyn's room. She looked so small in that big hospital bed. She was lying there with all manner of tubes and cables attached to her body. The constant beeping meant she was still alive. There was nothing more to do for her tonight, and the nurse advised us to go home.

However, I suggested "we take turns to stay with her and talk to her, so she might know she was not alone."

The nurse said "that would be okay."

So I took Ruth, Kate, and Robert with me to our home. I stopped at our favorite pizza shop and purchased two large and one small pizza. The small one I had delivered to Mary, in the hospital room.

Mary

I was so stressed after Robyn's accident the emotion nearly overwhelmed me. Thank goodness for Tom's strong shoulders to lean on. I sat on the chair next to Robyn's bed, holding her small hand until the pizza arrived. It was a godsend. I was so hungry, and I ate every slice. It was just like Tom, thoughtful as ever. I talked to Robyn into the wee hours until fatigue took me, and fell asleep. Woken by the morning nurse giving me a cup of tea, for which I was most thankful just finishing my tea when the family arrived.

Tom

Rousing Ruth and Kate at six the following day, I changed Robert's nappy and dressed him. Ensconced in his car capsule, Kate fed Robert his morning bottle while we drove to the hospital. On the way, I bought four takeaway breakfasts with orange juice and coffee for the adults before we arrived at the hospital.

Entering the room, we found Mary having a cup of tea. Happy to see us, we all hugged, and I presented Mary with breakfast. She informed us there had been no change overnight.

The doctor arrived an hour later to tell us Robyn would be having an MRI scan of her brain at ten in the morning. Then they would know how much longer she needed to be in the induced coma. The doctor suggested we go home and clean up and come back in the afternoon, around two. He would know more then.

We arrive at Robyn's room at two. The good news was her brain had stopped swelling, and all being well, they would take her out of the induced coma later the next day. In the meantime, someone should stay and talk to her. It's known to reduce the patient's stress by giving her a friendly voice. So I elected to stay, and Mary would take over at midnight.

I talked most of the night, telling her of my divorce, my work, and my dreams of our family's future until I could speak no longer and fell asleep. Mary shook me awake. She told me she left Kate, who was in bed, and Ruth at home minding a sleeping Robert, so I should hurry home. A quick kiss and I was off.

The following day, they reduced Robyn's medication, and by lunchtime, she was awake enough to say "hi, kiss and cuddle." Her recovery was thankfully short; she stayed another day in the hospital to ensure all was well.

Then home to heal for another week, and it wouldn't be long before all was back to normal, and Robyn would be back at school. The broken arm would take another month before the cast came off.

So it was a happy family celebrating a belated first birthday for Robert, not that he knew, and it would be a story regaled for many birthdays to come. Life went on, I read uncaringly, the latest story in a lifestyle magazine, and there were rumors of Pierre having an affair with a young actress. It was like reading about Hollywood lives; it didn't affect me whatsoever.

Looking back in hindsight, I cannot believe how different Mary and Alice were. Mary had a very loving, nurturing nature, always attentive to others needs. Whereas, Alice could be cold, rote, uncaring, selfish at times, a bully if she didn't get her way. She appeared to have low empathy and perhaps never should have had children. Many times I was required to remove a splinter or bandage a skinned knee. Alice would simply say the body will push the splinter out, or the knee will scab up. I was the one who made the children's lunches, dropped them at school, and made dinner most weeknights.

Robert had just turned five, and he was going to primary school with Mary, who had got a part-time teaching job there. The girls were now at the local high school and doing well. However, they were starting to notice boys!

Over the intervening years, Mary and I read news stories with a passing interest in Alice's life in cycles of ups and downs. Pierre appeared to have many affairs. Alice was rarely seen at his side anymore.

Finally, they divorced. According to my adult children, Alice signed a prenup contract and ended up with nothing from Pierre after her hard work, scheming, and cheating. She lives alone in a small flat in Paris with no family around her while still working as a Literary Agent in their obscure Paris office. 'That's poetic justice'!