Alison's Lament Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We had lunch at a tiny cafe that was just several tables set up in the shade of a vine-covered pergola. Lunch was a fresh salad with grilled baby octopus, each one no larger than the tip of my thumb.

Back on the boat, the wine and food took their toll and I decided to take a nap. I tried to tempt Jos to join me, but his pressing need to work on the article won out.

I woke up full of bounce, seeking out Jos and bouncing onto his lap. He called this my 'I'm Tigger' persona. I discovered how much I enjoyed bouncing on Jos when we were first children. I had worn Tigger PJ's that first time, and the name had stuck. Now I was using it to try and entice him from his laptop.

"The wonderful thing about Alison's is Alison's are wonderful things, and I'm the only one," I sang softly in his ear as I got comfortable on his lap.

"You do know those aren't the words of the song," he reminded me. "And thank God there's only one of you; I don't think I'd survive if there were more!"

I laughed and made a show of kissing his lips. I licked mine and said, "Hmmm, hunny," and then kissed him again.

"You're mixing up the characters."

"In my world, Alison's love hunny, too," I replied, and then abruptly changed tack and asked. "Can we go back to that club again tonight, pretty please?"

"Sure," he said. "But I don't want to be out too late; we're supposed to leave early in the morning."

"No that's fine, just a couple of hours would be great."

Jos slipped me off his lap, then he stood up and stretched. He winced in pain and massaged his temples.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concern in my voice. His face had lost its color, and his eyes were bloodshot.

"It's just a headache. My fault, I think I need to get my eyes tested."

I took over, gently massaging his temples and neck. The muscles in his neck were like taunt cables under my fingertips. "We don't have to go out tonight; I'd be just as happy here with you."

He gave me a quick smile, "I'll have a shower and see how I feel afterward. Let's at least plan to eat out; we can go back to the restaurant from last night. Then, if I'm up to it we can try the club afterward."

I gave him my happy dance and shooed him off to go and shower.

Mandy and I got together and decided we were going to wow our men. Jos was evicted from our cabin as soon as he'd finished his shower and told to take a nap. We'd managed to find a pair of closely matching dresses in one of the harbor front fashion stores. They were quite expensive, and I'd bought hers for her. They were short but not to the point of indecency. The top on mine was fitted, and the neckline dropped halfway down my back. I had to dispense with a bra, as the strap could be seen and chose a skimpy thong to wear.

Mandy's dress was a touch longer than mine, and she decided to go commando and give Paul a treat. Her bubbly personality suited her dress, which had a plunging neckline deep between the not inconsiderable swell of her breasts. I lent her a diamond pendant to ensure that all men's eyes would be in unerringly drawn to her assets.

Jos looked a bit better and insisted he was okay, but I could sense his headache was still there.

At the restaurant, the proprietor whose name was Mario remembered us from the previous evening. His eyes sparkled as he took in the beautiful women. Last night Mandy and I had been dressed casually. Today I was in my full Ashley persona, and I looked like the movie star I supposedly was. As we ate Marko kept glancing over at me, his eyes screwed up in contemplation. Finally, as the waiter was removing our empty dishes, his curiosity got the better of his proprietary.

He came over and asked quietly so as not to be overheard, "I'm sorry to intrude, but you are the American film star, Ashley Bell?"

Inwardly I sighed, then I gave him a smile and nodded in agreement. I responded, also keeping my words low. "I am, but please don't make a fuss, I'm on holiday and I want to keep as low a profile as possible."

He looked sad at that, suspecting his chance of a celebrity endorsement for his restaurant was fading away. I felt sorry for him, so I asked him to call over one of the waitresses, who turned out to be his daughter. I handed her my phone and asked her to take a couple of photos of me with her father.

I gave Marko a kiss on the cheek, just as the waitress took a photo, and he colored up. I smiled and told him, "If you give me your email address, I'll send you the best of these when our holiday is over. You have my permission to print it if you want."

He handed me a business card, which I handed to Jos. "We have a website," he added. "If you would be so kind as to leave us a message."

"I will, but remember, it won't be for a few days," I reminded him. Then I saw Jos rubbing at his temples, and his complexion had blanched. I could tell his headache had returned.

We paid the bill and stepped out into the fresh air. Jos took a few deep breaths, and some of the color returned to his features. Mandy and Paul looked concerned, and Jos said he was okay, but he wanted to go back to the boat and rest.

"You're not well love, let's go back to the boat," I told him.

"That'll spoil the evening for the rest of you. I just need to go to bed, but there's no reason why the three of you can't go to the club for a while. So long as you have Jeff with you, I won't worry."

He nodded in the direction of the ever-present member of my security team; on this occasion, it was Jeff, an ex-agent of the US secret service protection team.

I was torn, I wanted to look after him, but I knew that all he wanted was to curl up in a quiet dark place. The best I would be able to do was keep quiet and let him sleep. Staying with the others would also work, and hopefully he'd be feeling better when we got back to the boat.

"You wouldn't mind?" I said. "We'll only stay for an hour or so."

"No, go and enjoy yourselves. Wake me with a kiss when you get in."

Jeff said, "She'll be fine, I'll keep an eye on her and make sure she gets back safely. If the clubs busy, I'll call for some backup."

Jos gave me a kiss, and I watched him make his way back towards the mooring. I linked my arms with Mandy and Paul, and we walked the short distance to the entrance of the club. The club was busier and noisier than the previous evening, and then I recalled it was Saturday, it must be the local party night.

Jeff briefly spoke to the club manager as we were ushered inside by the doorman. The manager found us a nice secluded table, and we ordered a round of drinks. Jeff looked at the crowds and seemed a bit nervous.

He made a call, speaking softly but urgently into his phone. Then he came over to me, "I've just called for my back up to join us," he said. "It's Petra. Would you mind all staying together until she gets here, she won't be long."

I liked Jeff, and I didn't want to cause him any issues with David, so although my feet were twitching ready to dance, I nodded in agreement.

Petra arrived 15 minutes later and eased in to stand beside Jeff, who visibly relaxed. One security officer had been fine for the restaurant, but not in this busy club. David had been with us the previous night, and it had felt safe as everyone we had met had been friendly. That night, there was an underlying sense of urgency amongst the party-goers.

The dance floor beckoned, and the three of us dived in. Jeff and Petra were keeping close, trying to look like a couple enjoying themselves, but their eyes were never still, roaming over the groups of dancers searching for any threats. I danced with Paul and Mandy, the three of us in a happy group. In a past life I would have had no problem in trying to entice the pair of them into my bed. My time with Jos had washed that side of me away. I was just enjoying their friendship with no ulterior motive.

We alternated dancing and resting for the next hour or so. I limited my drinking to a glass of wine, followed by a couple of bottles of water. I was surprised when Petra offered me a glass of champagne. If had been anyone else offering it to me, I would have automatically declined it.

"It's okay, I saw it poured," she reassured me. "The bottle was opened in front of me."

Reassured, I'd swallowed half of the contents when the oddity of the action hit me. Why was Petra offering me champagne? It wasn't the usual action of a bodyguard. I looked for Jeff, and he was standing on the other side of our table, sipping from a bottle of water. He seemed relaxed but alert; his eyes kept watching the crowd. His relaxed behavior was enough to stop me worrying.

I finished the glass, setting it down on the table, and saw Petra pick it up with a smile and ask if I wanted another one. I shook my head and sat back in my seat and let the beat of the music wash over me. Paul and Mandy looked happy as they cuddled together next to me.

I thought that it was about time we should leave, but the hypnotic beat and a sudden wave of tiredness kept me pinned to my seat. Then there was a gasp nearby, and I looked up to see two women I knew and hovering behind them a presence I also knew.

Simon smiled, "Of all the gin joints..." he said, sliding into the seat beside me after Petra gave him a nod. The women, a pair of models I knew quite well stepped over, and they both gave me a kiss and a hug. Zee was a tall Afro-Caribbean beauty. The second, Angie was Chinese, short for a model, but her jet-black hair flowed all the way down her back.

They were both the same age as I was, and that was old for a modeling career. I'd heard rumors that they'd both retired the previous year. What I didn't understand was why they were there, and far more importantly, why the hell was Simon sitting beside me.

"Zee, Angie, what a surprise." I gave Simon a confused look. "How can you be here, Simon?" Something was so wrong about this, but it was like I was an observer floating above myself.

"Hey Ali, it's time we got back to the boat," Mandy broke into my confusion.

"Sure," I started to say, but Simon interrupted me and spoke to my companions.

"Hi, I'm Simon. I'm an old friend of Ash's. I'm here with a couple of her old friends." He indicated the two women who had sat down.

Mandy and Paul gave me a surprised look. Then Mandy said, "You were in Ali's last film weren't you,"

He nodded, "I was surprised to find Ashley here. As soon as we spotted her, we came over to ask you all over for a drink with us." He vaguely gestured towards the far side of the club.

Mandy shook her head, "Sorry, we are just about to leave; we have an early start in the morning."

He nodded in understanding, and I was relieved that the decision had been taken from me. I was finding it difficult to concentrate, and the throbbing background beat of the music was making me feel hot.

Simon made no attempt to move from his seat to allow me to get up. "That's a pity," he said, and took hold of my hand. "I'm sure Ash won't mind joining us for a drink first."

It didn't sound right, but he sat close, and the aftershave he was wearing was tugging at my subconscious. I found myself considering a last drink with him, Zee and Angie.

Petra bent close to us and said to Mandy and Paul. "It's not an issue if you want to go on ahead, Ashley's will be safe with Jeff and me to keep an eye on her."

I nodded, "I doubt if we will be more than half an hour," I added, not wanting to spoil their night.

Simon nodded in agreement, "Just a drink and quick catch-up, that's all. We are leaving tomorrow, as well, so we'll be heading back to our yacht fairly soon."

They looked at each other, then at me. Paul said, "Are you sure that's okay, Alison? We can wait a bit longer." He didn't look too happy.

I was feeling confused and still a little bit guilty over the way I'd left things with Simon, and I hadn't seen the girls for couple of years. A quick drink with him would ease my conscience and wouldn't hurt, I thought. For all his issues, he was a damn good actor, and I might want to work with him sometime in the future.

"No, that's fine, I said. "You go back; I won't be that long. Just keep the noise down in case Jos is still asleep."

Mandy giggled, "I'll have to bite the pillow again." She blushed. Paul tried and failed to keep a straight face.

Petra moved across to Jeff, and their heads almost collided as she spoke into his ear. He looked a bit surprised and glanced over at Simon and the women. I gave him a reassuring smile, and he appeared to relax.

A few moments later, Paul hugged me, Mandy gave me a kiss and a long hug.

"We're off, I'll check on Jos for you," she said. "I wouldn't stay too late if I were you. Jos wants to get going early tomorrow morning."

"I won't be long," I tried to reassure her, not totally sure why I wasn't going with her. "I haven't seen Zee and Angie in ages. Just a quick drink and then I'll head back."

To Zee and Angie, I added, "It's a pity Jos wasn't feeling well; you would have enjoyed meeting him." The two women glanced at each other at my words.

Mandy offered, "If it's only going to be a few minutes, I could wait for you."

"No, you go on, I'm sure Paul's eager to get you chewing on the pillow," I joked.

Mandy blushed again and gave me a last hug before following her boyfriend out of the club and back to the boat.

Simon settled back in his seat, and the women squeezed in beside me. I looked around, trying to work out why I felt so lethargic. A waitress came up with a tray of drinks and was asked to get a couple of bottles of water for Petra and Jeff.

"I'm just going to stay for the one drink," I insisted as Simon passed me a full glass. "You haven't explained why you are here. And what are you two doing here?" I said to Zee and Angie.

Simon answered, cutting off Angie's attempt to respond. "We are all guests on a yacht; it's moored in the harbor on the other side of the town."

Zee nodded, but an odd expression flitted across her face. It should have concerned me, but the wine had seemed to have gone to my head. If it hadn't been for the comforting presence of Jeff and Petra, I might have been worried, but as it stood, I felt oddly relaxed

"It belongs to an old friend of yours," Simon added, replied. "Come on drink up, and then let's go and join him."

I sipped my drink and then found myself being led across the dance floor, I wanted to resist, but my body didn't want to seem to cooperate. I looked around for Jeff and Petra, but I could only see Petra following us. She gave me a reassuring nod.

The corner he led me towards was dimly lit. I could see a table and several shadowy figures in the recess. Petra moved towards a couple of bulky guys who oozed menace, obvious security. I sat down and realized I knew the man sitting closest to me. I couldn't remember his name, but he was a film producer from LA.

He gave me a smile and said hello and nodded as Simon and the girls found themselves seats.

I was desperately trying to remember his name when I was saved by Simon, saying, "Herb, guess who I found all on her own."

I wasn't on my own, I started to say, but a new voice broke in saying my name. I blinked to try and see into the recess, and the person who I knew sat there.

"Ahh, my Bella Ashley," he said in his soft voice. "Have you missed me?"

I sat paralyzed as Toni eased forward on his seat. "Did you enjoy your drink?" He looked closely at me, "Ah, I see you did. Shall we go."

I felt a hand slip under my arm and urged me up on my feet. Petra was beside me, and she whispered in my ear, "Time to pay the piper, you bitch."

It made no sense to me, and I let myself be led away. It was as though I was in a waking dream, and I couldn't resist. I remember the gentle breeze drying the sweat on my face as we exited the club and feeling so confused and weak. My last conscious thought was, where was Jeff, why hadn't he stepped in to stop this?

~ ~~§~~ ~

Josh, third cameo:

Loud voices on deck dragged me from my sleep. Sunlight was filtering through the blinds on the portholes at a shallow angle, so it was early morning. It looked like I'd slept through the night. I was confused, but at least the last vestiges of my migraine had gone.

David's continued raised voice forced the last vestiges of sleep from me, and I sat up. Alison wasn't by my side, and it didn't look like her side of the bed had been disturbed.

The voices were distant, but sound carried through the open skylight. "Did anyone see Ashley come back last night?" David repeated, sounding anxious.

I heard Mandy reply, "We haven't seen her since we left the club. We left before her; isn't she in the cabin with Josh?"

I was already pulling on a pair of shorts when David knock on the door, but before I could respond, it opened, and David appeared in the opening.

His eyes flashed around the room seeking Ali, and his expression hardened as he saw only me.

"Ashley?

I shook my head, and he was gone. I was dressed and following him in seconds. Jeff was sitting in the cockpit, his face pale and drawn, and David was towering over him.

"Tell me again, what happened, and don't leave anything out?"

Jeff looked at him groggily and reached for the bottle of water that Mandy was holding out to him. He washed his mouth out, spitting the mouthful overboard, then drank half of the contents in one go.

Jeff looked at me and mouthed, "Sorry," and my heart turned icy.

"What the fuck happened? Where is she?" I demanded

"That's what I'm trying to work out," David snapped. "It seems she met up with some friends last night and could just be staying with them." There was a lack of conviction in his last comment that made my hackles rise.

"She would have let me know," I started. David hushed me, then gestured at Jeff to continue.

He swallowed and said, "Miss Bell met a couple of friends in the club and decided to join their group for a while after her companions left to come back here. The club was busy when we got there, so I called my backup for the night for support. It was Petra. I wasn't worried, but there are some places I can't follow the principle that a woman could." He shrugged, and David nodded in understanding.

"We wanted to get back," Paul explained. "Ali said she wanted to catch up with her friends. But she didn't intend to be that long. Jeff and Petra were with her, so we weren't worried," Paul pointed out.

Jeff said, "Nothing seemed out of place, boss. Ashley knew the people who came over, they were friends, and I've seen her with them before."

"Who was it?" "Where is Petra?" The questions came from David and me simultaneously.

"I don't know where Petra, is boss; it was that actor Simon Davies and a couple of models that Miss Bell used to hang around with a year or so ago. One of them was the African model who calls herself Zee, the other was a Chinese girl, but I can't remember her name."

The name of the woman meant nothing to me, but David nodded and gestured to Jeff to continue.

"They saw Ashley and came over. I think everyone appeared surprised to see the others there, at least Miss Bell was. They," and he gestured at Mandy and Paul, "said their goodbyes and left. Then Simon and the two women sat down."

"What happened next?"

"I was off to one side where I could watch her and the room, Petra was with me. Ashley seemed pleased to see the women. I remember her saying that she would only have one drink. The last thing I'm sure of was Petra offering me a bottle of water to drink."

He groaned softly and looked at me. "It was sealed, so I wasn't concerned. The damn thing must have been spiked because after a few moments the room was spinning. I remember starting to slump to the floor. I came to about an hour ago in one of those little squares over there. I got back here, and nobody had seen her or Petra."

1...456789