All Comments on 'Alison's Lament'

by Andyhm

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
stevetishstevetishabout 5 years ago
More

I really look forward to reading this series.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 5 years ago
Part one?

Wouldn't part two be the original story? I like that story and these characters so if you have more to tell, I will read it. Thanks.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 5 years ago
Allison's dad...

He should get his own chapter. His wife had an affair and stole his daughter away. He is the biggest victim of good old Chad's actions and Mary's betrayal. A story to reunite father and daughter would be very welcome. Especially if Chad & Mary get a little payback.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 5 years ago
The First Story Was Terrific...

This was just an essay detailing the horrible person Alison has become; I think we were already there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed the first story of Alison Found to the stars and beyond. This missing side to the whole saga just adds to the other. Please hurry with any more of this part as I pinning for how Alison thinks as she makes her happy re-connection. So please also consider a brief only 2 to 3 paragraphs Epilogue of say 10 or so years later after Josh and Alison have been married and have their family so we can know the happy ever after comes true.

jocko_smithjocko_smithabout 5 years ago
Good writing about an unlikable character

Not sure what your intent was, but as someone already commented, I'm liking her a lot less now.

Antsey83Antsey83about 5 years ago
Excellent Story

I enjoyed the story and I’m intrigued by her view on the reunion with Josh, especially the kidnapping.

As other commentators have said, this just shows what a horrible person she has become (although the flash back to the 16th birthday shows that she may always have had that side to her personality). I’m hoping that as the story goes on we will get to see Ali become a better person as she does in Alison Found, although maybe that could just be because that story is narrated through Josh’s rose tinted glasses. Either way I’m looking forward to the next part!

brownmobbrownmobabout 5 years ago
for god sake

please continue both of these stories, damn it dude they are awesome, and exceptionally well written. please please please continue this line of story. get this one to meet Alison found, then go for it . exceptionally well written. 5 star plus (love the queens English) says an Aussie, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent

Love your work. Excellent writing and exceptional story line.

I went back and read Lost again for the third time. Looking forward to more of this story. Thank you!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 5 years ago
Similiar to other stories

You seem to keep to a formula.

DoctimeDoctimeabout 5 years ago

Good but not as good as the original. However looking forward to Part 2.

KRD19254KRD19254about 5 years ago

Is this story sequence trying to mime the 'Lord of the Rings' then back to the 'Hobbit' then back to the 'Silmarillion'?

Is Part 2, the original story (Allison Found, 5*) or a hop over it to their marriage? This 'Lament' doesn't do much for me since reading 'Found'. 'Lament' is just a rehash of what we already know with a few more details tossed in.

Writing is good but story falls way short 3*.

tizwickytizwickyabout 5 years ago
Big Allison Lost Fan

So far I love it, I hope it continues and merges into a continuation of the original.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Andy does seem to keep to the formula of building up decent men and the not-so-decent women they hold undying love for, and bringing characters from other stories into a universe, (for those of you who haven't kept track, the Fitzpatricks from "A Most Unusual Romance" and Daniel and Mia from "Was I Man Enough" make appearances here. Antonio, of course, was introduced in the "Alisha" series; Alisha herself makes an appearance in the original Josh/Alison story). Will Peter and Kayla from "Trials of Love" be next? A brotherhood of writers (Daniel, Ben/Xander, Peter, Josh) whose wives are so wayward they must exchange ideas about how to keep them in line (if at all)? Possibly so the other three hold Josh back from rearranging Chad's face?

Mia explains accurately that Alison is a submissive toward Antonio, even though she denies it. (This is key to understanding the first story when Antonio tries to pull Alison away from Josh right in front of his face.) And the first Zoe, the roommate, turned Alison into a carpet muncher, a trait she has retained with Lucy. What will Josh do when he catches them in the act?

And, of course, we have the ultimate challenge which is confronting Chad and Mary. (I thought her name was Joyce?) I don't think old Mike (Alison's dad) should get a chapter as part of the Alison storyline, it should be a side story.

The only truly decent characters aside from Josh himself are David, who is a great and honest retainer, and Jerry who is gay and understanding despite being a Hollywood producer. I was going to include Lesley as Josh's LGBT backer as well but she is too confrontational. And her own interaction with Josh is an unexplained bit of the entire story.

I don't believe for a second that Alison/Ashley is a horrible person. She's just confused, naive and led in the wrong way by nearly everyone she meets, especially 1) the girl who convinced her to invite other boys but not Josh; 2) her mother; 3) Zoe (the first); 4) Lucy; 5) Antonio; 6) Simon. Since 5 and 6 have been disposed of in the other story and 1 and 3 are too far removed in time, there's only 2 and 4 to deal with. For a humble suggestion, the kidnapping doesn't need to be revisited by an entire story, just a few sentences on the road to ultimate happiness after the incident will do.

Looking forward to the next installment. Your stories are great.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 5 years ago
Unnecesary

There's nothing here that adds anything of value to the original story. Despite the different POV, reading it was just one long deja vu.

MarshallaMarshallaalmost 5 years ago
I disagree with sdc ...

... I thoroughly enjoyed the original story, and I loved the main characters, but I think it interesting to see Alison's side of things. The thoughts that went through her mind, her feelings and emotions, as we saw it from Jos's pov.

Anxiously awaiting the continuation!

MbgdallasMbgdallasalmost 5 years ago
I love this.

This is really good and looking forward to the continuation.

A couple of things.

I don’t see Ali as bad, I think she is immature from being so sheltered and naive and trusting. She is easily manipulated. She truly doesn’t think about some of the things she does without any regard hurt it cold cause because she just isn’t capable of understanding at that time. That comes after the fact.

I think she will cheat on Josh... not because she doesn’t love him or is bad but because she will be in a situation where she loses control. She will be in over her head before she realizes and will be too late. She needs someone there to alway protect her.

I think Anthony was a great manipulator. It wouldn’t surprise me if his aftershave she mentioned had some pheromones in it that made her lose control. I think that will come back in this story. It won’t be her fault when she does.

At the premier party when Anthony approached her I am surprised at David’s reaction. Wasn’t he told explicitly to keep her away from him regardless. They were even going to put it in writing knowing she could lose control. David was going to let her go with him as long as he had vetted the location. That doesn’t match up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Caro

Good series, but kind of spoils that mood of glitterati sophistication when Toni keeps calling Ashley a guy. Caro is masculine, cara is feminine.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
Damn good

Great series. 5*!.

Hooked

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 4 years ago
Really enjoyed

...reading this. You write Allison as very flawed and complex, although sadly very ignorant of her motivations. She's also fighting a past she never came to grips with and although her present seems certain (good job, famous), her future is equally complicated.

To me the story seems very well-written, but I echo the call for you to finish part 2 a.s.a.p., as we're approaching 1 year and nary an update? Egad!

5

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago

Glad to find his angle on the original story- I need to stop being hasty and asking questions or voicing concerns that will be answered in due course. I like her point of view, which is more complex than we usually see from a man’s eyes. Her odd submission to Toni explains some things we see later.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a sad description of a woman whose moral backbone dissolves in the face of her lust! True, there are other women cast in the same mold but it is disgusting to read of someone who can'1 forget/ get over her first love, being putty in the hands of a slick predator. And she doesn't change. Her first love Josh should leave her severely alone to continue her depraved life style but of course he doesn't! She comes across as too irresponsible for a stable relationship. Sad. - And please get an editor! Words are used which don't mean what they are being used for! lots of instances. 3*s.

FseriesFseriesover 1 year ago

Seems more like Toni is drugging her or had someone hypnotize her and he uses a code word.

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 1 year ago

Interesting read and very nicely done character exploration, but it comes with some complications and continuity issues. There's nothing to indicate that Alison/Ashley's mom disliked Josh in any way, the opposite really, so why would she have actually made things continuously impossible for Ali to contact him? If her new husband was the big business deal he was, wouldn't her father have been able to track him down? That's not even dealing with custody issues -- since Alison was a minor at the time of the divorce, shouldn't there have been some kind of court process regarding that? And in the previous story, Lucy talks about how it's weird to hear Josh call her Ali, as she's only known her as Ashley, but in this story that certainly doesn't seem to be the case, as she certainly heard the twin cousins talking about her as Ashley as well. Again, overall still a very nice read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ruins Allison Found. With other companion piece it just makes Allison look like a terrible person with her long standing sexual relationship with Lucy, which she continues tomoursuenafter her engagement to Josh and plans to continue with no guilt whatsoever.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Bit of a self serving and self centered beauty.

Does she take after her mother? Is that why she's such a good actress, and mendacious manipulator?

(Primature to label her a bitch at this point)

Simon and Antonio are egotistical jerks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So...Allison/Ashley is pretty shallow. As a movie star I guess you can't expect much out of this character.

Has anyone pointed out the fact that she was in a close knit family unit for 17 and a half years. Father, mother and daughter. Mom becomes a alut for her boss...not very discreet in her affair. And mom blows up her family. And off they go to America.

And that's it with regards to her relationship with her father?

Nowhere is it ever noted that she tries to re-establish any kind of relationship with the man who is her real father and who raised her in what was described as a pretty good and loving family unit. Not in Allison Found nor this installment?

Even tho she eventually is wealthy beyond what most of us can comprehend. And she has a flash apartment in London close by where her father would live. Still...not any attempt to find and have any kind of a relationship with her dad?

Even tho her dad didn't really do anything wrong. He just came home thinking his daughter was ill...rushing into the house he finds his wife being a slut. Naked and playing with her boss IN his house with their daughter asleep in a room upstairs!

Her dad reacted like most normal people would when shocked by this set of circumstances. And an argument happens. Allison slips and breaks an arm.

And then her mom goes nuclear. Grabs their stuff. Immediately leaves the country with her daughter. Seeks divorce. And goes into hiding.

How is that her father's fault in any way? Her dad is the victim. Probably suffers daily. Knowing the daughter he raised was taken from him and she becomes rich and famous...but will not reach out to him ever.

Sorry. But just this alone shows an incredibly selfish character. Kind of a flaw in the story.

Not to mention this is beyond the main storyline...which is her just not being bothered to look up the love of her life Jos...because of her rich and famous movie star lifestyle.

"I LOVE Jos so much. I can't stand it. But I have this movie I have to do. Then some premiers I have to attend. And then there's these rich and famous actor model types who want me...it's SO exhausting. Maybe when I find some time and it's convenient for me...I'll have a PI try and track him down. Until then I'll just enjoy my lesbian relationship with my PA..."

Not a very good portrait being painted by this author.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

BORING! I read the first story. I’m not really interested in how big of a skank Allison really is. Way to destroy a fairly good story. I might have to go back and give Allison Found a 1 star too.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Run Josh run.

You should Start planning the loving wife story for when she done dumps him and breaks up their marriage.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndyhm@Andyhm
Jan 2023 I’m afraid that for the foreseeable future I’ve had to put hold any work on current and future stories on this site. There is so much going on in my life currently that I’m unable to justify the time I spend writing short stories. Hopefully this will be a temporary h...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories