Alison's Lament

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm not sure why we should talk about Josh, who is he to you?"

"An old friend," was all I was willing to admit.

The last thing I wanted was one of them talking to the press about an old flame of mine, but I understood I'd have to give them something to get the information I needed.

I tried to sound casual, but inside I was wound up like a spring. I was so close to finding him, and I didn't want to give them a reason to deny me.

"We were at school together until I went to America with my mother. We moved about a lot when we first got there, and I lost Josh's details. I've wanted to get in touch with him. Do you have a number for him?"

The four friends looked at each other, and the fact I'd mentioned that I'd been at school with their friend seemed to give them confidence. They seemed to come to a conclusion. Catherine found a piece of paper in her handbag and wrote a telephone number and the name of a hotel.

"That's his number and where he told us he was staying." She held the page out to me but didn't let it go when I took hold.

"We are trusting you. I think I have an inkling about the history between the pair of you and I don't care how important you are. If you hurt him, I will find you."

"I can promise you I would never intentionally hurt him," and mentally I added, 'again.'

She let go, and I clasped the precious piece of paper in my hand. I thanked all of them and went over to David at the bar. He called the car service while I tried to call the number she'd given me for Jos. He wasn't answering his phone, and I gave a little sob as I heard his distinctive voice asking me to leave a message and he'd get right back to me. I left him a voicemail and prayed that he would reply. If the look on his face was anything to go by, I had a lot of fence-mending to do.

I showed the piece of paper to David, "Do you know where this hotel is?"

He did what I should have done: pulled out his phone and used the map app.

"It's the other side of Covent Garden; it might be easier to walk at this time of night."

I took his advice, and we walked. It was interesting being out in the streets with only David. There was a chill wind, and it was raining lightly, so I pulled up the collar of my coat and used the umbrella that David found for me.

The walk to the hotel, including a shortcut through the covered porticos of Covent Garden, took us twenty minutes. In the lobby, David spoke to the Bell captain to see if he could get a room number for Josh. I stepped over to the entrance of the lobby bar, and there he was, sitting at the bar with his back to me. I straightened my back and took my first step towards him.

~ ~§~ ~

End of part one

To be continued.