All is Fair Ch. 00

Story Info
Prologue: Under-confident Josh meets Aggressive Audrey.
5.5k words
4.09
3.4k
6
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is a story that will primarily deal with themes such as unhappiness, verbal (and light physical) relational abuse, temptation, and eventually cheating (though these 2 aspects of the story will not be explored until Ch. 02). While each chapter may/will contain erotic elements and scenes, the primary focus is still on the actual "story" of the work. In other words, there will be a lot of buildup and character development that leads into the "juicier" parts of work, akin to a novel or novella. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope you all enjoy!

* * * * *

Loneliness is a nasty thing. Not as nasty as, say, a heart tumor. A pretty, feisty little heart tumor digging itself into your chest. But it still sucks, you know? Even if you aren't physically isolated, or even ostracized, you can still feel there's something missing. Even around other people. When you're lonely, you sink deeper and deeper into yourself, until something, good or bad, pulls you out. And it's sort of like a growing, or "maturing" experience, where everything you believe about yourself is either challenged or reaffirmed.

With this in mind, maybe it was cosmical that Joshua Springsteen ended up at his father's work banquet on New Year's Eve.

He wasn't supposed to be there, technically. Guests were allowed, in fact encouraged. Josh's father certainly thought to give a half-hearted invite. Though of course, it was politely declined.

"Oh, uh... no thanks" he said.

"Alright"

And that was that. It was supposed to be at least. Stuff like that wasn't really Josh's scene. He'd already wrapped up his online classes, and was really just looking to sit back and relax till next semester. Maybe do some writing, play that new Kojima Mailman game. Or finally get around to reading Infinite Jest.

Of course though, just as he'd settled down he got a call: "Hheys..."

Aaaand that's how he ended up being squeezed and shoved between sweaty drunks trying to find his dad at the Filmore New Year's Banquet. Despite standing a good head taller than most of them, Josh still found himself being quite literally pushed around by men nearly twice his age (and weight). Essentially, it was a glorified drinking party, except Filmore "Fill More" Foods® sponsored it so it took place on company property, and the families of its employees could attend. It only slightly made the affair more professional.

"I'm- I-I'm sorry, can I-" watching Josh try to navigate the cubicles was a lot like watching a flimsy gel, or some other thin, delicate material be crushed between boulders of paunch. Joshua wasn't heavy by any stretch of the imagination, but many of his father's co-workers seemed to be. And if the tacky balloons and streamers weren't enough, the reek of alcohol and BO didn't help either. It wasn't pretty.

"I-If you could just- Ow!" an unintionall elbow sent him to the ground. And his glasses fell too. Because of course they did. Thankfully, the gift (the nice "lohng won withe gohld boww") didn't get crushed, which would've really messed this all up. But after grappling on the office carpet for a solid minute, he grabbed his (miraculously still intact) glasses, and rushed the nearest opening of bodies.

A few questions sent him down a stuffy elevator, once again squeezed in like a sardine. But when the doors finally opened, the atmosphere was like a breath of fresh air. Cool colors, cool air; nicer looking, clean people. Evidently the upstairs was relegated to the schlubs he'd encountered earlier. This seemed like the area where the more family-oriented figures could schmooze one another, but apparently his father was down here? That's what he'd been told at least. Though judging by how he sounded on the phone, he definitely didn't-

*BUMP*

Something small ran into him

"Ach- Hey!" a bratty voice shouted.

Josh'd been so lost in thought that he'd become an obstacle. By the time he'd snapped out of it, he tried instinctively to apologize but- "Watch where you're going you Lanky FREAK!" they'd said before moving on. Heels clacking. Long, acrylic red hair swaying down the back of their dress, to the same beat as her hips.

Oh.

It was a girl.

Of course it was...

Josh's face soon turned a similar shade of red, and he let out an exasperated sigh. God, why was here? He felt so awkward and out of place. One second he's curled up safe and alone and at home, and the next he's in a mess of strangers. All these people, all the wine, the music, the noise. All these guys' wives and daughters and girlfriends. That girl he ran into...

He cringed at himself for what just happened.

She barely even looked at me... a "Lanky Freak..."

He exhaled another sigh and wiped his forehead. God, can he just find Dad and get out of here?

"AHA HA HAaGh!"

Oh, there he was...

Josh's father was at one of the larger tables, laughing like an idiot with some other guys he didn't know. Almost as if on cue, he found Josh the same time he found him. "hEY! *hic*". Josh walked over uncomfortably

"Hey da-" he found his dad's arm shoved around him "-d..."

"FeLLaS-" he began "ThiS H-*hic*'S my SssSON!"

The declaration bought roars from the other men, and before he knew it Josh found himself thrust down into a seat with the rest of them. Josh's dad was obviously intoxicated, but it wasn't the first time Josh'd seen him like this. He briefly considered enduring what appeared to be a slurred speech about him, but quickly resolved to just deliver what he came for and get out.

"Here's your-"

"OH yeAh!"

The gift Josh'd had so delicately protected to get here was snatched with the grace of a rabid Orangutan, and held up with just as much grace "MY gIfT fer' *HIC* ...Art ...A-Art- *hic* ...ArTIEEE-"

Josh just tried to hide his face

Oh my god

"hEY!" his dad suddenly spouted "YOu uhh... *hng* you havin a gOOD TIme? Lotta GIRLS hEre TONiGht! Heh Heh..."

"Yeah Dad... I'm good..." Joshua sighed. Right now he just wanted to close his eyes and block out the world.

"I'LL TELL yA wHOSe a REAL BombShELL!" one his father's friends spoke up "THAt litle BITchhh from HR! Ya knOW, the BROWn One wit tha' BIG TIDDIES!'' This bought a rousing cheer from the rest of the guys, who expressed similar sentiments.

"Ah Mahn, I would MOTORBOaT thaT ASS sO HARd!"

His father's vulgar comment just made Josh cringe harder, before once again being pulled in close by him.

"s-SAY!" he started. Josh could smell the alcohol on his breath "W-Why don't you got a- *HIC!* ...g-girlfriend yet, huh? I mean, y-y-yUR an ATTRaGTivE guy!"

"Ya KIDDIN!" one of his friends exclaimed

"A KidDSH likes you?"

"Wassup withat?" said another

Joshua's flush deepened "Ah, well... y-ya know how it is! Heh..."

Please

Please stop

This bought a snort from his father "Heh! Yeah... Mister "SHy GuY" here... It'd take a girl SITTIN ON 'IS FACE before he gOT THE messageh!"

"HOH-HO!"

"Wunna THOSE TYPes, ueh?"

Josh suddenly stood up "I'm, uh-!" he cleared his throat "...I-I'm gonna go... get some... punch..." he mumbled before excusing himself. His father didn't seem to mind too much

"Ahwright... Hey, thanks fer' bringin thi-"

"Yeahnoproblem!" the young man stumbled, desperate to escape his drunk father.

The rest didn't really seem to take notice "...Now I'll tell ya who's a real fiehsty won... the, uh- uh... whatsername? Ya know, uh ...A-Art's-"

"Ey! Don't tahlk about-"

"What! Iht's just..."

A direct B-Line to the drink station wasn't too difficult to manage, all things considered. And it was a nice chance to cool down and get away from... all that back there.

Joshua sighed as he filled a cup with Fruit Water. It wasn't like he didn't love his Dad; he did. And he knew his father wasn't trying to embarrass him; He wasn't normally like this. It's just whenever he gets a few drinks in him, it's always a coin toss what he'll go on about. But WHY does it have to be his son's love life and WHY does it have to be in a drunk circlejerk with his work buddies? He's not shy! Well...

Josh took another look around at the room. Most of the other people were in groups, or talking. Families, co-workers, groups of friends; couples. He could maybe gravitate towards some of them, make conversation. But instead he was just standing by himself with a drink. Sure, a girl by his side would be nice; he'd never really had a...

* * * * *

Josh sighed and shuffled his feet. Aw, god... How much longer is going to be like this? He's not lonely per se, but... watching all these guys laughing and hanging out with the girls; Young guys, just like him. How they make them laugh, how they talk to them and how the girls lean in and twirl their hair and...

Why don't they do that with him? Well, he knows why...

"Lanky Freak!"

Josh winced again. He'd love nothing more than to take one out, hold them close; feel the warmth of their hand. Cuddle up late at night on the sofa, playing games or watching movies...

Putting an arm around her shoulder.

Her bare shoulder

Feeling how warm it was.

He was drifting now...

God what Josh wouldn't give to have a girl. He'd treat them so good. Like a man; a real man. One day he'll be like that. Not right now, but... soon. He's almost that age, right? Maybe he got a late start, (most are usually done with college at 22, not just starting). But soon he'll have a nice, sweet girl that he can talk to; really talk to! Form a connection. And she'd want him more than other guys, despite all his flaws. And he'd never let his eyes wander off her either. Always be loyal, no matter what.

Yeah

Soon

Very soon

Right now though, uh...

Ya know, getting back home doesn't sound too bad. Back to his computer and his strategy games. His books and that leftover eggnog. This isn't really his crowd anyway. And he'd already delivered what his father'd forgot so...

Might as well head bac-

*BUMP*

"Ach- HEY!"

Huh?

Josh had been pulled back from his thoughts by the feeling of knocking into something. Er, someone rather. "Uh- O-Oh! Um..." It was a miracle he hadn't spilled his drink, but the girl certainly had. The girl

"Uch! What the FUCK buddy!" she spat

The girl was small, she had a high voice. Definitely not one of the workers. His height obviously didn't intimidate her because her fingernail was currently stabbing into his shirt

"I-I-I'm sorry, miss! I, I-I didn't mean-!"

"You know how much these Louboutins cost?! I could've FUCKING STAINED THEM!" she yelled. Her face was red. Her hair was red. Everything was red

Josh didn't know how to react. She was screaming loud enough to shake glass. It was definitely shaking him. He was fucking terrified!

"I'm-! I-I-I-I'm really-! Uh, I...!" she'd backed him into the table. Her manicured hands yanked his collar down.

"I-I'm sorry!"

"YOU'LL BE FUCKING SORRY!"

Without another second Josh was suddenly thrown back into the drink table. The back of his head hit the Fruit Water jug.

*THUNK*

The impact set it off balance, and it soon came tumbling back toward its offender.

*SPLUUUSHHHH!*

...Josh couldn't even open his eyes at first, because his juice soaked hair was in them. When his trembling hands pushed it away, he found himself lying on the floor, drenched in a pool of chopped fruit and water. A small crowd was around him, but his blurry vision couldn't make any of them out. Only one figure stood out.

The girl in red

"Ooohhhh...! Oh my god! Hm Hm! Oh..." it sounded almost like she was giggling. Like a sweet, spoiled child. But surprisingly, it was her who helped him up.

"Aww, are you okay?" she asked, holding him up.

Josh was still completely disoriented by what just happened, and it didn't help that he could barely see without his glasses. But what he could make out was the girl; up close, touching him, holding him, giving him such a sweet smile, with those tight little lips and rosy cheeks and p-perfectly painted m-makeup-

Josh's knees felt weak

"Whoa! Egh..." the tiny girl couldn't support him, but thankfully a few other men rushed to pick up the slack. Joshua was basically the definition of a lightweight, so it was fairly easy for them to haul him off to get cleaned up. All of his senses were still fuzzy, but as he was dragged away, the girl in red was still the center of his focus. She looked like she was giggling again.

One way or another Josh ended up back at his father's table. The two dudes who helped him gave him a few napkins to wipe off, but it only ostensibly helped. His clothes were still soaked. And a little sticky in places. And he had to fish a few loose strawberry slices out of his shirt. At least his dad's buddies had left in the meanwhile.

"aWw don't gehts eMBErasSEd sohn" his father tried to comfort.

Mr Springsteen had also seemed to calm down since. Though he was still slurring like a motherfucker. "I-I reMEMBer wONCE, I'D-! uh..." but it was easier to tune him out, after all that.

Joshua was still trying to wrap his head around what happened. One second he was by himself, then... he was being screamed at and thrown into a water jug; by a girl. One nearly half his size. He wasn't that weak, was he? No, just... caught off guard... yeah.

He didn't even get a chance to get a good look at her, but man, she was pissed! He didn't think he really even did anything that bad. Well, maybe he'd been a bit clumsy, a little absentminded and all that. He really should try to be more alert, but still, to get all...

...Well she did help him up after, didn't she? Tried to, at least. That was nice of her, wasn't it? The way she held him up, all caring and all. That smile, the hair...

Was that the same girl from earlier? I think so...

Josh rubbed the back of his head. Man, it's still spinning. He hopes he doesn't have a concussion! That'd be a real pain. And his dad's rambling isn't making the aching any better either. Laying his head in a nice, soft lap would be good right about now. Having a girl play with his hair...

Nestling his poor old dome into a nice pair of soft, warm... firm... m-mouthwatering-

* * * * *

Joshua's cheeks turned redder. He gave a little cough and promptly shifted his legs to hide any embarrassment. He cringed at himself again.

Oh God...

Must be some lingering adrenaline or something...

"...A-And ya know, TAT'S THe thing about Gerls; ye don't even REALiSHHe it when iT 'APPENS!" his father continued. Apparently in his drunken state, he thought they were having a conversation

"I think I'm gonna... head home, Dad" Josh conceded, getting up. His clothes were still damp, his shirt especially. Maybe if he was lucky it'd dry out a bit on the drive home...

"Awright... heY!" his father grabbed his sleeve "nnO DRUnk DRivin', eh?" he joked, wagging his finger. Josh just forced a weak smile

"Sure Dad..."

Anyway, he turned around and-

*BUMP*

"Oh!"

Once again, he'd become a moving lamp pole. But his eyes shot open when he'd realized who he ran into.

A short girl with red hair.

"O-OH! Um-!" out of fear, he panickedly stepped back, butt hitting the table, but-

Surprisingly, she didn't look mad

In fact, she was smiling at him

"Oh... Hi ♡" she said coyly

Josh blinked. The first word he thought of just came out

"H-Hey!" he choked out

She let out a little laugh "We really need to stop meeting like this, huh? HmHm ♡!"

Josh's throat bobbed. He was amazed he was still alive "Uh... Y-Yeah! Heh..."

Her smile straightened a little, more serious; she was staring up at him. Straight into his eyes. Her blinks were periodic and deliberate, drawing attention to her mascara. It was perfectly pretty. Perfectly imposing. Possessive. Josh felt like she was staring a fiery hole right into him. Almost like she was sizing him up. No girl had ever looked at him like this before...

Not knowing how to react, he quickly realized he was suffocating and swallowed a breath, darting his eyes to the side. The girl's smile soon returned, more like a smirk, and she let out another giggle.

"Oh" she reached into her purse "I think you dropped these by the way, Hm! Sorry...♡"

It was his glasses!

"O-Oh! Um... T-Thank you!" he sputtered, carefully taking them from her. Once he had them in hands, he shakily put them on, and the world came back into focus.

Standing before him was a petite young woman with red dyed hair, and an equally red dress. She was quite thin, very slender. What she lacked in curves, she made up with in accessories: bows, ribbons. A small corsage, captained by a thick golden band, matching earrings, and an elegant gold necklace. The necklace hung just over her chest which, while modest, still stuck out. As did her legs, her dress smoothly cut just enough below the thigh to make you wonder how far up they went...

Josh once again felt his face heat up.

The girl smiled sweetly and put a hand over her chest "I'm Audrey. I just wanted to say that I'm really... REALLY sorry about what happened over near the Juice counter..." her smile dipped into a frown "I'm not usually like that..."

Her eyes looked so big and puppy-like. Josh practically melted "O-O-OH! Uh... T-That was you? I mean-!" he had as much grace as an IED "I-It's cool! Really! I-I-It was my fault anyway, um..."

He stuck his hand out

"I'm Josh! Er Joshua; Springsteen! My, uh, Dad works at this, uh..."

The Girl met his handshake. Hers was soft and warm. Delicate

"Hi Joshhh ♡" she purred

He felt like a pillar of putty getting blowtorched.

"You're tall; I don't think I've ever seen you around before " she led. Josh followed to the best of his ability

"W-Well I, uh..." he swallowed HARD "Uh... thanks! I- Heh!" oh god what a fumble-!

Audrey giggled again

"I like tall guys ♡" she vamped, tracing a finger along his chest. All Josh could manage in response was a petrified smile as he continued to get eyed like a prime cut. He had no clue how to proceed. His brain completely went blank. In the meantime, he didn't dare move a muscle.

It took his father's drunk rambling to get him back on track

"...A-ANd anothER thheng..." the older man garbled out. He hadn't even noticed his son's current predicament "D-Don'T TRy ta-"

His eyes shot open when he realized who Josh was talking to

"Uh-UH-! OH!" Mr Springsteen straightened up like a soldier at attention. He cleared his throat and stood up. "Muh-Meh-! M-MiSSiS AUD-Dreeee!" he tried not to slur. The spectacle of the salute was enough to draw her attention away, and for Josh to regain his senses.

"Leh- L-L-Lemme just sAY that, eh... I-Iht is en HONOR to, uh, F-Finally MEET chu and..." for some reason (Josh didn't know why), his father seemed just as petrified as he was of her. A grown, middle aged man scared of a petite girl in a dress. What, did he know her? Not likely given the age gap...

Though his rambling speech did give Josh an opportunity to steal a few inches away from the girl, just so he could grab his breath! But when he did-

"OOF!" the young man coughed

12