All Comments on 'All That Glitters Ch. 01'

by bigtddybr

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnotherLitUserAnotherLitUserabout 4 years ago
Great second installment

Nice world and character building, lots of hooks for future use ... skillful writing and a good read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Where the fuck is sean murphy!!!!

Is he dead alive what happened? Or was he just a pawn to introduce other snobby charecters of the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
(babylegs) Sean Murphy mia

Loses his legs, misses out on the big score and is no longer a notable character in the story.... Sucks for him

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Impressive Setup

Very competent exposition in this and prologue for what has potential to be a really good “space opera” story.

Your detail is not too overdone, and you’ve defined your characters pretty well.

Looking forward to how you will tell this “first contact” story, a staple of Sci Fi and one of my personal favorites in the genre. As well as to expand on what has to be a fascinating backstory on Capt Clark....why is such a capable guy mining in relative anonymity on the fringes of Terran occupation?

Bravo!

bigtddybrbigtddybrabout 4 years agoAuthor

Peace readers! Sean Murphy does not appear in every chapter, but you will see him again. His role in this story is to showcase some of the medical improvements that have become common place in the future and to showcase man kinds social moors. As such, he is a minor character (no pun intended - space miner). But he does play a role in gaining the sympathies of the readers, as he apparently successfully done. Glad to see you care about him.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
Quite a fascinating story!

Well thought out and entertaining! I definitely wants more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I like it but...

I'm happy to read and lurk most of the time, but Ex O? No, it's XO.

The flow is a little stiff and railroaded along too. Raymond is too perfect and capable and doesn't allow for the reader to identify with the character, although I was disappointed that he's only benching short sets of 100kg.

FuddyDuddyDudeFuddyDuddyDudealmost 4 years ago

Very excellent writing and story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A real Jewel

Every once in awhile I am lucky enough to stumble on a great story like this one.

jdm19612jdm19612almost 4 years ago
I Love finding a wonderful new story!

I chanced across your story as a winner in the June 2020 contest and wanted to begin from the start. I loved the prologue and wanted to see if that was luck or the beginning. I’m so happy to say it is the beginning of a wonderful tale!

I found myself saying ‘damn, that’s so good’ several times during your story and I really enjoy the characters you are developing. I look forward to reading the rest of the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Aliens! Yeah

First contact and the army could ... (COULD???) show up in a month. Something tells me a bunch of rich science nerds will show up before them. Seriously, a month? smh

Better find them before they find you. Just saying.

Good story, got my blood pumping. Except for the boring board meeting.

Needs a good editor. Hope you found one.

Mike9947Mike9947over 3 years ago

You earned your 5, but the “fade to black” ending was a cop out.

I know, you recouped at the beginning of the next chapter, but you lost an opportunity to develop your new character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It's NOT Often That I Punch Stars and Leave Comments

Nothing more to see here, folks, move along

tinchektinchekabout 3 years ago

I was hoping for some more Sean Murphy, not some military tough guy.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ok I believe this is it for me. I was expecting to read an origin story not a story about a 50 years old military hardass.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbigtddybr@bigtddybr
20 Apr 2024. Ch. 65 is nearing completion. Hopefully it will go to the editors by the end of next week. I want to put out at least one chapter per month. The new version of the Notes chapter (v 14), was finally posted. I do not know why it takes so long to post these Notes cha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES