All Comments on 'All That Glitters Ch. 08'

by bigtddybr

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
SN88SN88about 4 years ago

I am enjoying this series and I hope you can keep it going for awhile

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
excellent - so far

this pertains to the whole story, not just chap. 8... this is an excellent SF story and has the potential to be much more

coloradoexilecoloradoexileabout 4 years ago
Great story!

One editing comment. I believe you are using the word “vice” where you mean “versus”.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
Very good yarn...intriguing....thoughtful...entertaining!

Looking forward to more! This series definitely has my attention!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Potential....Potential.....Potential....

.....but unless you have decided to produce essentially a full length novel with this series—-and that WOULD be cool!—this story needs to start getting somewhere pretty soon, in my opinion.

I think you’ve produced plenty of both character and “universe” exposition by now. Maybe even too much here and there. I would humbly suggest that it is time to focus closer on one or two characters now — Capt Clark being the obvious first choice — and start telling the story mostly thru his eyes. Get him in that special ship and send him to find the aliens! The makings of a very entertaining First Contact story are here....heck, you have TWO alien races to play with! Get this story out into space and let us ride with Clark on an adventurous journey to new and fun and weird and puzzling and exciting things!

Looking forward to future installments!

DistantConstellationDistantConstellationabout 4 years ago

I think bigtddybr is onto something here. An unusual first contact story with really fun characters. If they can grow as the story evolves we'll all keep coming back!

Crusader235Crusader235about 4 years ago
Wonderful

Wonderful Sci-Fi Space adventure, (I'm including all 8 chapters). Five Stars just does not seem enough. Wonderful characters, along with details that may be unknown to non military readers. I'm loving this, and looking forward to Future chapters!

Semper Fi!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Too many plot lines too soon

This Chapter of the story seemed way to soon to start introducing some Illuminati/Scientology group. Not saying it’s a bad idea, but there was already enough going on without that. The moment I saw that and the weird additional language I was completely disinterested in reading the rest of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why does the author keep using the word vice throughout the story when it doesn’t fit AT ALL?!? Once was a mistake, a 1/2 dozen times or more brings on irritation because you get pulled from the story by having to decipher the sentence and what word should be there in the place of the word vice.

natonnaton8 months ago

This story reminds me of Three Square Meals where a man comes into a fortune and purchases a “decommissioned” naval ship for personal use. Looking forward to see this story’s unique plot points though.

Lord_JohnnyLord_Johnny8 months ago

Writing quality has been consistently dropping th3 last couple of offerings. Using modern political assumptions in order to denigrate a group of people, especially in a setting hundreds of years in the future is just plain bad writing.

I absolutely love the setting you're postulating. The effort put into building things is...not close meeting potential.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What Lord_Johnny said.

The religious right? Seriously? Lol. And water to suppress fire on a space station? Dude. C'mon.

|

I will say, however, the use of "vice" in this way is unusual in a modern context, but absolutely not inappropriate. Vice, in Latin, literally means "instead of" or "in place of". Readers who struggle with the way you're using it need to brush up on their vocab, not you. It's a bit odd, but perfectly legitimate.

|

Despite the stuff that makes my teeth itch, in still intrigued enough to press on. There's a lot of potential here.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Umm. I gotta say, it sounds like these "generators" are what I'd consider "capacitors" seeing as how they need to be "charged" and they "discharge" rapidly, as needed. No? Never heard of a "generator" needing to be charged, unless it's not a *power* "generator"...like a wormhole generator or something. But that's not what that conversation sounds like. *Shrug*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbigtddybr@bigtddybr
20 Apr 2024. Ch. 65 is nearing completion. Hopefully it will go to the editors by the end of next week. I want to put out at least one chapter per month. The new version of the Notes chapter (v 14), was finally posted. I do not know why it takes so long to post these Notes cha...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES