All That Glitters Ch. 31

Story Info
Visiting a President. Earning their place.
26.7k words
4.81
13.2k
13

Part 33 of the 66 part series

Updated 04/10/2024
Created 02/15/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,113 Followers

All That Glitters -- Ch 31

Visiting a President. Earning their place.

Members of the House of Ur begin to find their places in the Union and visit Terra at the request of the President of the Union. New positions, promotions and people. Fiona is introduced to aspects of the Pod-Drran religion and superstitions.

© bigtddybr April 2021. This story 'All That Glitters - Ch 31' or the series 'All That Glitters' cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com in whole or in part without the prior authorizations in writing from the author and bigtddybr must be credited for this work.

Due to the number of abbreviations, ship listings, and list of characters, in this story, I include a glossary that is now in a stand-alone chapter called 'All That Glitters: Notes'. Any and all information that you want or need to know about the series is included in Notes. It will be updated frequently simply by re-issuing the chapter to Literotica.

There is little attempt to explain the back story, so it is necessary to read previous chapters to fully understand where we are.

As before, I claim sole responsibility for the story line. This story is a fantasy, with no basis in reality. Any similarity that you may perceive to current events, people, or situations real or imaginary is completely unintended. Look no further than the story line for its intent and purpose.

A big shout out to SaddleRider for all the help she has provided in editing. With her guidance, I'm making fewer and fewer errors, but she still finds them. If you find any errors still left in this chapter, they are mine.

Please rate and comment. But keep your comments respectful. If you rant and rave or are disrespectful in your commentary, it will be deleted.

'Nuff said...enjoy.

Conference Room One, Liramor-23, Piscium System, 106 Light Years from Terra

Fiona entered the conference room with a bright smile on her face. She called up the image from her comp and pushed it to the large 3D monitor of the room. The image showed Jennifer and Daniel sitting on a bench holding the new baby, Matildis Elizabeth Qan-Arl Roust-Polit, with Raymond and Liea kneeling either side of the bench, Fiona, Heyya, Arl-Hal Sin-Dae and Qan-Har Sin-Dan standing behind the couple, and Katanya and Silliya standing either side of the couple. Everyone was smiling, even the Pod-Drran in their own way.

The medical staff in the image was wearing green scrubs, while the Pod-Drran doctors were wearing their yellow-green Ga-Den. Fiona was wearing her dress uniform with medals and the remaining people were dressed for the day, except Jennifer, who was still in pajamas, though a nice pair for the photo shoot.

Fiona had the Comms O open a platform wide link and included the image with it.

"Attention Liramor-23," Fiona began. "Last night, we were graced with the presence of our newest miner, Matildis Elizabeth Qan-Arl Roust-Polit, born of parents Jennifer Roust and Daniel Polit.

"The happy couple were helped in the birthing process by Pod-Drran doctors, Arl-Hal Sin-Dae and Qan-Har Sin-Dan, who impressed the couple so highly, they included a variant of their names in the little girls name. Our new littlest miner made history in more than one way yesterday, being the first baby born on the platform and being the first ever human child to be assisted into the galaxy with the help of doctors of two different species, human and the Pod-Drran.

"This is a display of unity that I had not expected to see so soon after contacting the Pod-Drran and with the current hostile intent of the Pod-Drran ruling elite. However, I am more than pleased that this has occurred. It shows that no matter what the politics of the situation, the people can and will come together as necessary to help each other.

"I and the senior staff send our best wishes to the family and our hopes for a wonderful future for this little girl. Visiting will be limited this afternoon to immediate friends of the couple so that Jennifer can recover from the birth. Well wishes can be sent to the hospital," Fiona finished and closed the link. She could hear cheering from Central Control, bringing a smile to her face.

"Well, that is a good way to start the day," Cdr. Damyanti Balakrishnan remarked, smiling.

"I know that was recorded, get the recording and send that out to the Fleet Shem on todays comms probe, please," Fiona ordered her aide-de-camp. "That might make the fleet's own news net."

"Yes, ma'am," Damyanti replied with a crooked grin. The boss knows all the angles and applies them well, she thought.

The Handren Trading Company, New Carthage, New Hadria, Frogus System, Seventy-Four Light Years from Terra

Katryana Handren was sitting in her office when the person she was expecting was announced. She walked in and sat at her desk.

"What have you found, Ms. Perron," She asked of the person in front of her.

Cassini Parron was an enigma on a world that didn't like such creatures. She worked as a spy for the Handren Trading company and she was damn good at her job. Cassini could appear to be many things dependent on who she was trying to infiltrate. She could appear as a slave, or an executive for a miner trading company.

Her current job was to infiltrate the corporate offices of many of this worlds companies who used slaves, which meant almost all of this world's companies, to determine who was holding Union citizens as slaves.

"Ms. Handren, it is as you suspected," Cassini told her boss. "There are only six trading companies that hold Union citizens as slaves in any numbers. The rest of them may have a handful working here or there but the bulk of them are the six main rivals of the Handren Trading Company.

"Better yet, I can tell you where most of these slaves are being kept at the moment and who has links off-planet with other corporations that do business in Union slaves," Cassini told Katryana.

"How did you manage to get that kind of information?" Katryana asked, surprised.

"I slept with one of the underlings of your main rival, the Gordon Corporation," Cassini told her with a smile. "These six companies do a brisk business in slaves from the Union, working their trade around the Alliance of Planets. They are heavily invested with the Alnitah and Deneb Pirate Syndicates, who have been providing the majority of the slaves to the Alliance over the last ten years.

"These syndicates are also the groups responsible for both of the pirate fleets involved in the Battles of Liramor-23," Cassini advised.

"Well now that is interesting," Katryana observed. "You did manage to cover your tracks?"

"Yes, the underling in question is now in a local jail, his boss having placed him there for corporate espionage," Cassini told Katryana. "Even if he sees the light of day, it will be to go to trial, a trial that will undoubtedly convict him. I suspect, however, that he will never see the inside of a courtroom."

"You planted false evidence on him?" Katryana asked.

"Oh, no. He really was involved in corporate espionage. I just let that information get to the right ears," Cassini said with a smirk.

"Right, I will look at your evidence. As per normal, your fee will be adjusted in accordance with the data you provide. I suspect that this time, your fee may allow you to retire from your current rather dangerous occupation," Katryana stated, giving Cassini a rather enigmic grin.

Koh-Tan Se-Lam Roe ot Shem, Interstellar Space, Three Light Years from the Piscium system

The latest comms drop contained an item of interest for the fleet's news net, the birth of a human child with the assistance of Pod-Drran doctors. The female 'news reporter', a position that was unique to humans, was doing an interview with the medical staff at Liramor-23 on the birth of the first human child on the platform, the translation matrix working overtime to translate Terran Standard into the Pod-Drran language.

"This is Cynthia Stewart at Liramor-23 in the Piscium System. Today we have had some very exciting news, the birth of the first ever human child on Liramor-23. I am with the happy parents, Jennifer Roust and Daniel Polit, who are currently members of the crew of The Wanderer, which happened to be in system when Jennifer went into labour.

"How are you feeling this afternoon, Jennifer?" Cynthia asked.

"I am so thrilled to be able to finally be able to hold my daughter after nine months of waiting," Jennifer told Cynthia.

"She kind of surprised you as her due date was a few days off," Cynthia remarked.

"Yes, some friends and I came to the platform because of the new shopping concourse. Then my daughter decided that it was time to make an appearance," Jennifer explained, holding up her daughter for all to see.

"Oh! She is so beautiful. You must be so proud," Cynthia cooed as she looked at the little girl.

That brought a giggle from Jennifer.

"All of my friends are saying the same thing but I am just so pleased she is healthy," Jennifer said.

"Speaking of health, I heard that there had been a problem during the birth?" Cynthia wanted to know.

"Yes, the baby was in the breach position. The medical staff had to turn her around before she could be born," Jennifer confided. "The labour went off routinely after that."

"I heard that you had some extra help in the delivery room?" Cynthia inquired.

"We had two visiting Pod-Drran doctors who were on the platform to help with injured Pod-Drran now in the House of Ur," Jennifer told Cynthia. "They asked if they could observe the birth as they had never seen a human birth before. Of Course, Dr. Heyya, the Head of Trauma on Liramor-23 put them to work, 'There is no place on the platform for idol hands', according to her. So the Pod-Drran doctors got a crash course on being a mid-wife to a human.

"Though the two doctors, Arl-Hal Sin-Dae, and Qan-Har Sin-Dan, were very much surprised to have been put into action by Dr. Heyya, they did a remarkably good job. They really impressed us, so much so that we synthesized a name for our daughter out of their names. Our daughter is now named Matildis Elizabeth Qan-Arl Roust-Polit, after my maternal grandmother, Daniel's mother, the two Pod-Drran doctors and a hybrid version of our two family names.

"Apparently, this is the first time that Pod-Drran doctors have every had the distinction of having their names included in a child's name that they helped to deliver, Pod-Drran or human. They are exceedingly happy to have had this privilege." Jennifer ended.

"We are just happy that they were able to help us out in such a difficult birth," Daniel took over from his wife. "Our daughter will forever be known as the first human child ever brought into the universe with the help of doctors from two different species,"

Cynthia thanked the parents for their time and the imagery then changed to a view of five people, three humans in green scrubs and two Pod-Drran in the yellow-green Ga-Den of the Medical Class. The camera zoomed in on a human female with strange hair that the Jurte Pair realized was similar to the hair of Raymond's bodyguard, Gillaya.

"This is Cynthia Stewart and I am with the medical team that helped with the birth of Matildis Elizabeth Qan-Arl Rouse-Polit. With me are Dr. Heyya, our Head of Trauma, Nurses Katanya and Silliya, and the Pod-Drran medical doctors Arl-Hal Sind-Dae, and Qan-Har Sin-Dan, I hope I have gotten the pronunciation correct?" she asked, getting a nod from the two Pod-Drran.

"Dr. Heyya, some good news for Liramor-23," Cynthia opened the interview.

"Yes, very exciting news!" Heyya exclaimed. "We were so thrilled that we finally got to use all the new equipment we brought for the hospital, we never expected to need to use it so soon, though, as Jennifer was expected to deliver on her ship, rather than here on the platform."

"Babies can surprise us," Cynthia said, getting laughter from all in the room.

"How does it feel to have participated in this delivery, Arl-Hal and Qan-Har?" she asked of the two Pod-Drran.

"We never expected to participate in the delivery," Arl-Hal answered through the translator matrix. "We asked to be observers as we have never witnessed a human birth before, however, Dr. Heyya said 'no idle hands' and put us to work."

"You must have been surprised by events then?" Cynthia asked, directing the question towards Qan-Har.

"Indeed," Qan-Har replied. "Many surprises in this birth. We both are very much surprised by the size of the infant from this birth. Pod-Drran infants are much smaller but then we tend to have three to four infants in a brood verses the one that Jennifer brought forth.

"Human children are much bigger but also more helpless at this stage than Pod-Drran infants," Qan-Har finished.

"How did you find working with the Pod-Drran doctors, Dr. Heyya?" Cynthia asked.

"I find them skilled medical practitioners," Dr. Heyya informed Cynthia. "Though they are obviously more knowledgeable about Pod-Drran physiology, they did remarkably well when directed in their tasks and assisted in all aspects of the birthing process, once the couple gave their consent. The couple was as impressed as we were, so much so that they include a hybrid of our visitor's names in the little girl's name, the first ever baby assisted into the universe by a medical team composed of two different species."

"You get the best deal of the lot," Cynthia said, directing her gaze towards the two nurses. "The doctor's work is done; however, the nurses work is ongoing, you two get to work directly with our little guest until she leaves the hospital."

The two nurses smiled. "Nurses privileges," Silliya preened. "But that also means we have to do all the dirty work as well," she added, getting a laugh from Katanya.

"Only for a little while, then the parents will need to take over that job," Katanya assured them. We have already started teaching Daniel his responsibilities when it comes to helping his wife with the baby," she said with a smile.

"Still, she is a beautiful baby girl," Katanya added, getting a nod from all the humans in the room.

"I don't know about that," Qan-Har said. "I think she is a little too pink for me," he quipped, giving the odd choking laugh of the Pod-Drran.

That statement brought open laughter from all present.

"On that note, this is Cynthia Stewart, signing off."

"What do you think?" Sha-Ret asked of her people.

"It is a good public relations tool," said one of her commanders, getting nods from most of the others in attendance.

"This makes the humans look so much better. They are very skilled at using the news to their advantage," said Jonin-Tar Rai, the commander of the lead ship of the fleet, the Mahl-Tar ot Shem, a Man-Jay with over 49,000 Pod-Drran on board.

"They are impressive no matter how you look at them," Shan-Ret Lin-Tae spoke. "Their weapons display of several weeks ago, the brief skirmish between the Jurte-Rai Kim and Nam-Hur Ro, the impressive battle between Raymond Clark of the Union and the former Rai where Raymond fought an experienced warrior unarmed and still defeated her, Raymond's Jurte-Rai coming to his aide to prevent his assignation and killing the Rai in such an impressive manner, and Raymond taking on Kirlen who would have been abandoned by many.

"Add to that, this message of new life helped by the Pod-Drran. They skillfully manipulate what they want us to see," Shan-Ret Lin-Tae finished.

"Did this go to the home world on the comms probe?" Kur-Han demanded.

"It came from Liramor-23, we have no say on if it was sent further into our Empire," Tur-Ron Lin-Ton advised the Jurte Pair.

"We will not include anything with discussion from the fleet then. Bad enough that the battle was sent to the home world with commentary," Kur-Han Kai-Ro said. "We need not further infuriate the Kumaroe on this issue."

With that, the morning brief ended and the day began on the Fleet Shem.

Piscium Family Quarters, Liramor-23, Piscium system

The members of the House of Ur had gathered in the Piscium home because it was conveniently close to the hospital and as far as some of them could comfortably walk, Katanya and Silliya having come with them in case of problems.

Thimble was there doing last minute alterations on the outfits they would wear, the new family members revelling in having clothing with the new distinctive House Crest on it, constantly changing and parading their new clothing. Everyone was having a good time.

Fayad, Junelliya, Hanalei, and the three Cats, were enjoying having such a merry group of people in their home. Vangeliya was there as well, getting to know the new members of the House of Ur.

The Cats had been rather attentive to Hanalei this day, much to her annoyance, as they were interfering with her doing her part in the cooking and cleaning. They all kept landing on her and keening to her in a distinctive sound the Trine had never heard before.

The door chime sounded and Hanalei got off the couch and went to see who it was, glad that only Hanaya had come with her this time. She opened the door to find Jennifer, the baby, and Daniel standing there.

As soon as Hanaya saw the baby, she let out a loud keening sound that got the interest of the other two Cats who had to come land on Hanaya to see what was up. Jennifer and Daniel were surprised to see the Cats, more so since the Cats had suddenly become super excited. They worried about the baby.

"You need not worry about Matildis," Junelliya called from the kitchen. "The Cats love children and will likely want to play with her. They don't understand that she is too young yet to play."

Reassured, the couple came into the Piscium home, surprised to see so many people already there.

"Come in. We are having a fashion party staring the House of Ur," Fayad said with a laugh.

The couple placed the baby between them and the Cats landed on their legs, peeking at the little girl and making their keening sound again. They kept running up to Jennifer or Daniel and rubbing their heads against the adult's chins.

"I've never seen them this excited before," Junelliya stated. "And that sound they are making, they only just started making it today, they have not let Hanalei have any peace at all with their keening."

Vangeliya looked over to Silliya who suddenly got a big smile on her face.

"Hanalei, can you leave Hanaya here for the moment and come with me?" Silliya asked.

"Is there a problem?" Fayad asked, having caught the look between Silliya and Vangeliya.

"I'll let you know in a few minutes, Fayad, Junelliya, though I assure you it will not be a problem."

Silliya took Hanalei by the hand and swiftly brought her to the hospital, where Heyya saw them enter one of the examination rooms. Her interest piqued, she followed them in.

"Is there a problem, Silliya," Heyya asked.

"No, doctor, I need an HCG test kit," Silliya said with a smile.

Heyya suddenly got excited.

"Symptoms?" Heyya asked.

"I haven't asked yet, however, the Cats are giving off a Kit keening sound around Hanalei that I only realized what it was when Jennifer brought Matildis with her into the home," she told Heyya with a wink.

"Really!" Heyya smiled. The Kit keening sounds from Cats were an early indicator for a pregnancy on Hollander's World.

Silliya found the kit and pulled out the stick, giving it to Hanalei and told her to go to the room's toilette and pee on the stick.

As soon as she saw it, Hanalei recognized it for what it was, her eyes opening wide. She practically ran into the small bathroom. A few moments later, she was out, handing over the stick.

bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,113 Followers
123456...8