All That Glitters Ch. 37

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The biggest concern for the moment, is the accidental ingestion of items not healthy for the individual such as Yogurt for the Byandi. Please ensure that your people are using the scanners on their comps, if they have them, or are paired with someone with that capability before they eat any strange foods. Otherwise, enjoy your time at the resort, which is why you are here," Sylvie finished with a smile.

"If you have any issues, please contact Sylvie directly. She is the Dender's representative for the Interspecies Community," Fiona advised the senior people in the room. "Otherwise, have your people ask any staff member for help, which is why they are there. All Denders employees now have the language matrix so they are able to translate all of your enquiries.

"We will be holding this morning brief every day going forward until the end of our time at Denders. If you cannot be here personally, please ensure that someone from your delegation of sufficient seniority is in this brief each day," Fiona finished.

The Presidential Communications Center, Presidential Compound, Capital City, Terra

In a large side-room the President of the Union, Wilford J. Holloway, personally met with the Kumar-Pair, the Pod-Drran ambassadors select, and those who would receive the Presidential Gold Medal.

"Good day to you, Kumaraie Na-Maj Se-Lam Pod-Raie and Kumaroe Jarl Se-Lam Pod-Sai-Roe, I hope I got the pronunciation of your names correct?" the President spoke first.

"You did a fair approximation Mr. President," the Kumaraie returned with a Pod-Drran smile. "WE, however, will not attempt to say your name."

That got a laugh from the President.

They spoke briefly of the significance of the upcoming event and the aims of both of their people for a peaceful future together.

"I received the reports from our Ambassadors and those who were involved in the events of the assassination and coup attempts on your persons, Kumaraie and Kumaroe, and I am pleased that you are still with us and healthy," the President stated.

"It was indeed a close thing on all three occasions, Mr. President. WE personally cannot express how grateful WE are for the assistance of so many of your people in preventing the overthrow of OUR persons and OUR government. WE hope that this ceremony today will begin a significant change in our peoples future as our two peoples grow together into the future, as was foretold by our Goddess," the Kumaraie explained.

"Yes, that was indeed a rather unusual way to discover that our people will be supporting each other into the future. For this, we too are grateful to the Atohan for her insights. I wish to be one of the first of our government to officially express our deepest pleasure in the discovery of your current condition, though we are at a loss as to how to express our future sorrow over the potential future loss of one of your brood, as foretold," the President said.

"WE thank-you for your words, Mr. President. That event is still some six months away. While WE are anticipating the loss of one of OUR brood with trepidation, the rebirth of the Goddess is an event that all the Pod-Drran now look forward to with great anticipation," the Kumaraie explained.

An aide came forward and advised that it was time. The group filed out of the side room and into the Presidential Communications Center.

"All rise, for the President of the Union, Wilford J. Holloway, and his guests, the Kumaraie Na-Maj Se-Lam Pod-Raie and the Kumaroe Jarl Se-Lam Pod-Sai-Roe, the Ambassadors Select of the Pod-Drran, Kome-Nar Sai-Ro and his mate and co-Ambassador, Nar-Tre Sai-Rai and their entourage," a spokesperson said as the group entered the hall.

"And special guests, Raymond Clark, Liea Samson, the members of the House of Ur, Vangeliya, Fayad Piscium, his wives, Hanalei Anar, and Junelliya Herlan," the spokesperson finished.

The Kumir-Rai/Ro were situated at the base of the stage, on the floor, and had drawn their Kaldars in salute to the Kumar-Pair and the President of the Union. Kaldars now pointed down, they stood at parade rest for the presentation in the position of 'Heen'.

The President saw his guests seated on the large stage and then turned to the podium and the microphone.

"Please be seated," he intoned and waited for the audience to stop fidgeting. "Kumaraie, Kumaroe, Distinguished Guests of the Interspecies Community, Minister Ronter, members of the Senate, Ladies and Gentlemen. Today, for the first time every, we are about to accept the credentials of the ambassador of a species that, until a few years ago, we did no even know existed. This is not just a special occasion; this is an historic occasion of significant importance.

"This is the first of the Interspecies Community that will be presenting their credentials over the next six days, with two presentations per day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

"Many of the senior representatives of the Interspecies community are here today, to witness this first ever presentation of credentials between the Terran Union and humans, with another species, the Pod-Drran.

"We, the Union, have known of the existence of the Pod-Drran for a little more than three years now, and have been working toward this day ever since. We can say now that we have finally arrived at a point were our two species are comfortable with each other and are ready to move forward into the future together.

"There are rumours that the Pod-Drran were on a war footing with humans. This is true, they were. However, due to the people now sitting on this stage, The Kumar-Pair, the Ambassador Select Kome-Nar Sai-Ro and his mate, Nar-Tre Sai-Rai, our Ambassador Michelle Halten, Chargé d'affaires Millenia Lapotnikov, Ambassador at Large Charles Demoiné, and Assistant Ambassador Michael Renders, the House of Ur, with the first ever non-human citizen of the Union, Dr. Mind-Ur and the members of her house, Caye-Ur, who was instrumental in establishing trade between our peoples, Dr. Gend-Ur, who is working with human specialists to improve sanitation facilities in space and on different planets using a blend of human and Pod-Drran sanitations techniques, Dr. Kayl-Ur Sai-Sin-Dae, and her mate BScN Hend-Ur Sai-San-Dan, who are establishing protocols for human/Pod-Drran medical practices effectively establishing the very first interspecies medical protocols, Tin-Ur Sai-Rai and Kord-Ur Sai-Ro, who were part of a party recently sent to support the Kumar-Pair and their government, Dr. Lent-Ur and Dr. Ren-Ur, who are working with human scientists to improve electrical systems interplay between the human and Pod-Drran electrical standards.

"Along with the House of Ur, we also have Dr. Raymond Clark Sai-Ro, Liea Samson, Grand Master Empath Vangeliya from Hollander's World, Junelliya Atohan Herlan, and her husband, Fayad Piscium Sai-Ro, all of whom today will be receiving the Presidential Gold Medal for Distinguished Service to the Union for their work in bringing our two peoples together.

"As well, the final member of the Piscium Trine, Hanalei Anar, will be presented with the Presidential Gold Medal for Distinguished Service to the Union for her part in breaking several Pirate Syndicates at great risk to her own life. Mrs. Anar had originally received the Presidential Silver Medal for this work, however, the information she gathered for the IPPF and Navy Intelligence was far more reaching in its effects against the criminal syndicates than was originally anticipated, thus the upgrade for her medal.

"This, incidentally, marks the first time that all members of not one, but two families have been presented the Presidential Gold Medal for Distinguished Service, each of the members contributing in their own way to the same goal," the President waited for the polite applause before calling on the Minster of Foreign Affairs, Charles Ronter to take over for the presentation of credentials.

"Kumaraie and Kumaroe, Mr. President, Distinguished Guests of the Interspecies Community, members of the Senate, Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with immense pleasure that I call upon the Ambassadors select of the Pod-Drran, Kome-Nar Sai-Ro, and his mate and co-Ambassador, Nar-Tre Sai-Rai, to present their credentials as ambassadors to the Union," Ronter stated.

Mnst. Ronter nodded to the ambassadorial pair. They stood and turned to bow to the Kumar-Pair, the President of the Union, and then presented their papers to the Minister. The trio posed for images as the audience applauded. The Minister turned over the podium to Kome-Nar.

"My Kumaraie, My Kumaroe, Mr. President, Minister Ronter, Distinguished Guests of the Interspecies Community, members of the Union Senate, Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I and my mate present our credentials as ambassadors to the Union. This marks the beginning of what we hope will be a long and fruitful future between or two peoples. My mate and I and many others have worked diligently for this day and we are very pleased that it has now finally arrived.

"The exchange of technologies, medical practices, trade goods, literature, music, and even entertainment, is even now ongoing. That exchange will only increase going into the future.

"I know that many Humans are worried about the arrival of other species in human space. There are many of you who are worried that we will take over your worlds. Nothing could be further from the truth.

"Our peoples will work together to advance our futures together as humans and Pod-Drran, and within the Greater Sentient Community that we now know exists. That is not to say there will not be problems. There already have been, and there will be more in the future.

"Having said that, the free exchange of intellectual and trade goods will only improve our combined peoples way of life and capabilities well into the future. The benefits that we have anticipated can now begin to flow between us and between the Greater Sentient Community.

"Change will be inevitable, but such change is going to provide for more stability between our governments, and more improvements in our personal lives, especially mine," he said, touching his missing arm and getting some mild laughter and applause from the audience.

"These changes may seem to come too fast for many of us and there will be those who oppose it. We will have to make allowances for many, who would otherwise be left behind. But these changes will be a net benefit to so many of our peoples.

"Mr. President, on behalf of the Kumar-Pair and of my people, I thank-you for all you have done to advance the peace between our peoples, and for giving the Pod-Drran a much brighter future than we had recently expected," he bowed to the President to much applause from the delegates.

The President stood and asked the Kumaraie if she would like to say a few words.

She stood and walked gracefully to the podium and addressed the assembly.

"Mr. President, Distinguished Guests of the Interspecies Community, Minister Ronter, members of the Union Senate, Ladies and Gentlemen. It is with great pride that I witnessed this exchange of credentials this afternoon, formally opening the exchange of culture, technology, medical knowledge, and trade between our peoples.

"Yes, it is true, the Pod-Drran initially advanced upon what you call the Piscium System with the intent of forcing out the humans that were there. The Piscium system was the original home star of our people, who fled the destruction of our home world 24,000 years ago. We did not appreciate having some upstart species taking over our original home system.

"However, WE have since come to a compromise between our peoples on the disposition of the assets in the Piscium System. The net benefits to MY people are such that WE have decided to end our assault on the system. Tonight, when WE return to OUR temporary abode here on Terra, WE will issue an order to turn the Fleet Shem and have them return to OUR current home world, Pod-Saar, thus formally ending hostilities between our peoples and ushering in what WE hope will be many years of prosperity for OUR people, and yours," the Kumaraie paused for the spontaneous applause that came forth at that statement.

"WE would personally like to acknowledge the efforts of Dr. Raymond Clark Sai-Ro, Liea Samson, the members of the House of Ur, under their Phrat-Mahi, Dr. Mind-Ur, GME Vangeliya, Junelliya Atohan Herlan, Fayad Piscium Sai-Ro, OUR Ambassadors, Kome-Nar Sai-Ro and Nar-Tre Sai-Rai, your Ambassador Michelle Halten, Chargé d'affaires Millenia Lapotnikov, Ambassador at Large Charles Demoiné, and Assistant Ambassador Michael Renders, and the many other humans and Pod-Drran who worked tirelessly in the background for this day to finally arrive.

"OUR peoples' future is not guaranteed, and we, the governments of the Union and the Pod-Drran, will have to work hard to keep the peace and advance our lifestyles and prosperity, but this is something that WE know can be accomplished as we together, have already accomplished so much in such a relatively short time.

"My mate and I look forward to the future with much anticipation, and a little caution. But the key words here are that WE are looking FORWARD to the future between us," the Kumaraie ended her speech to a standing ovation from the audience.

The President then stood and moved to the Podium with the Kumar-Pair for images. After the images, he took the mic once again.

"Kumaraie, Kumaroe, Distinguished Guests, of the Interspecies Community, Minister Ronter, members of the Senate, Ladies and Gentlemen, I would now like to call upon those who will be presented the Presidential Gold Medal for Distinguished Services for their work in bringing our two peoples together," the President stepped aside as an aide called out the names of those receiving the medal.

"Dr. Raymond Clark Sai-Ro, Liea Samson, the members of the House of Ur, Dr. Mind-Ur, Caye-Ur, Dr. Gend-Ur, Dr. Kayl-Ur Sai-Sin-Dae, Nurse Hend-Ur Sai-San-Dan, Dr. Lent-Ur, Dr. Ren-Ur, Tin-Ur Sai-Rai, Kord-Ur Sai-Ro, GME Vangeliya, Junelliya Atohan Herlan, Fayad Piscium Sai-Ro, Kome-Nar Sai-Ro, Nar-Tre Sai-Rai, Ambassador Michelle Halten, Ambassador Millenia Lapotnikov, Ambassador Charles Demoiné, and Assistant Ambassador Michael Renders, please step forward," the President called them into line and walked down the line placing the medal on hooks provided on the upper left chest of each of the recipients as the aide continued to speak.

"These people are receiving the Presidential Gold Medal for Distinguished Service for their work for breaking the potential war between our peoples, bringing the Pod-Drran and the Union together in peace for the future," the aide finished.

The President turned them and stood with them for images, asking the Kumar-Pair to step forward to be included.

Afterwards, he called forward Hanalei Anar to provide her with her upgraded Presidential Gold Medal for Distinguished Service to the Union for her actions in gathering information that severely damaged some of the Pirate Syndicates, pausing for images with her.

The President then opened the floor to questions from the media, who were surprisingly polite.

Finally, the President invited the Distinguished Guests to the side room for a private get together with himself, the Minster of Foreign Affairs, the recipients of the President's Gold Medal, the Kumar-Pair, and the Pod-Drran Ambassadors.

Beginning at 16:00, the first of the Interspecies guests were returned to their shuttles for the trip back to Denders Resort after a very interesting and productive day.

As the guests left, they invited the President, and his entourage, to Denders Resort for the party that evening...

Denders Resort, Terra

The party that night was rather boisterous. The delegates had finally witnessed the presentation of credentials to the Union from one of their own. They were now eagerly anticipating the coming events of their own presentations of credentials. Everyone got into the spirit of the evening, having fun with the Denders Wiggle/Waggle and the Canard dance that they had been taught. Watching the Toolend good-naturedly doing the Canard dance was a spectacle in itself. Seeing the Kumar-Pair dancing with the other delegates was something that the Kumir-Rai/Ro would remember for the rest of their lives, they had clips, which would never be shown to the entertainment nets on Pod-Saar...

The members of the Interspecies Community danced mostly among themselves, though many were seen dancing with other species, even humans. Fayad, Hanalei, and Junelliya were never left alone for long, as many of the delegates wanted to dance with them. Fiona too, was aggressively sought out for dances, much to her consternation, as she was there for some fun. It was Mayute who pointed out to Fiona that dancing the human way WAS fun.

Raymond and Liea were no less singled out, Meela paying particular attention to Raymond while many of the Byandi males sought out Liea.

Pod-Drran males were vying for Kim's attention. All-in-all, the party was 'getting on swimmingly', as the Byandi were noted to say.

The President and his entourage came just after the evening meal, ready to mingle with the dignitaries, he never got to them.

"Mr. President?" Gressa, a Byandi female, shouted from the floor on seeing him. "We can teach you the Denders Wiggle Waggle, and the Canard dance!"

The latter brought laughter and encouragement for the President to stay and dance from non-delegate members the Interspecies Community.

"Father, I think it would be a very good thing for you to mingle with the women here," Grace Holloway stated, trying hard to suppress a smile. "It has been so long since mother died, and I think you would enjoy the company of some of these delightful women," his daughter teased, getting smiles and laughter from his entourage. "Besides, father, I would love to learn the Wiggle Waggle, and the Canard dance."

The President eyed his daughter sceptically but allowed that he did need to enjoy himself once in a while.

"Very well, then, Grace. We shall try some dancing. It should be interesting to see my staff learning the Wiggle Waggle and the Canard dance," he said, giving hard looks to the members of his entourage who had encouraged him to dance.

The delegates, true to their words, showed the President and his daughter the Denders Wiggle Waggle, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Paacon, personally showed the President how to do the Canard dance, bringing amusement to the President's entourage, until he invited the other members of the Paacon delegation to help teach his entourage the dance.

The President and his people danced, and chatted about everything, from family matters, to trade, and other business.

Grace had the opportunity to talk to teenagers of different races, something that she knew would be a rarity. Her position as the President's daughter was again giving her an advantage over her schoolmates.

One of the things that came up when teenage girls got together was sex...and this teen girls night was no different, albeit they were talking of sex between the species. There was a lot of speculation of course, but Meela cut that down instantly, having heard some of the comments.

"Do you know that there is a place on this planet where the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans meet. Do you know what happens when they meet?" she asked of the teenagers around her, calling up an image on her comp. "The waters do not mix," she told them, showing the image. "Think about that, whether or not we want to enjoy the moment for recreational sex, the plumbing might be the same, but the waters will never mix."

"I do not understand, Meela," one of the Harradi teens said timidly.

"It's simple, really. Let's take the humans as we are on Terra. Their biological ancestors are members of the Great Apes. Biologically, humans and apes are very close, their DNA is only two percent different. However, that two percent means that humans and apes can never produce young together.

1...34567...14