All That Glitters Ch. 42

Story Info
A new Alliance, new threats, new friends, new disasters.
15.8k words
4.86
10.2k
15

Part 44 of the 66 part series

Updated 04/10/2024
Created 02/15/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,113 Followers

All That Glitters -- Ch 42

A new Alliance, new threats, new friends, new disasters.

The Landstradt reforms the Alliance. New threats appear. New friendships are formed with consequences for the future.

© bigtddybr January 2022. This story 'All That Glitters - Ch 42' or the series 'All That Glitters' cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com in whole or in part without the prior authorizations in writing from the author and bigtddybr must be credited for this work.

Due to the number of abbreviations, ship listings, and list of characters, in this story, I include a glossary that is now in a stand-alone chapter called 'All That Glitters: Notes'. Any and all information that you want or need to know about the series is included in Notes. It will be updated frequently simply by re-issuing the chapter to Literotica.

There is little attempt to explain the back story, so it is necessary to read previous chapters to fully understand where we are.

As before, I claim sole responsibility for the story line. This story is a fantasy, with no basis in reality. Any similarity that you may perceive to current events, people, or situations real or imaginary is completely unintended. Look no further than the story line for its intent and purpose.

A big shout out to SaddleRider and my other editors, who wish to remain anonymous, for all their help.. With their guidance, I'm making fewer and fewer errors. If you find any errors still left in this chapter, they are mine, as I have ignored sage advise to make a silly point.

Please rate and comment. But keep your comments respectful. If you rant and rave or are disrespectful in your commentary, it will be deleted.

'Nuff said...enjoy.

Main Adenomere Estate, Planet Adenomere, The Adenomere System, 182 Light Years from Terra

Raymond had been subjected to a number of surprises during the day, from Junelliya and Fayad showing up with Ambassador Flynet, to having Seito Ayesha and Kim tagging along. As The Trine landed in front of the Adenomere estate, having followed Aurelia's aircar, Raymond was given other surprises as familiar faces came out of the ship.

"Riley!" Raymond called out, seeing the cook running toward him.

"Oh, Raymond, I am so happy to see you!" Riley shouted, hugging him tightly. "Especially like this," she grinned, taking in his nudity.

"I hope we can fix that soon," Raymond said flatly.

"Well, not too soon," Riley quipped, giving him a big, goofy grin as she looked him over.

"Don't worry, we have clothes for you on the ship," Junelliya assured him. "As I have stated before, while I like seeing you like this, I am a happily married woman."

"Methinks you protest too much," Riley quipped, grinning. "But then, I have seen your husband and your protests are a moot point."

That brought laughter from those who were coming out of The Trine. Again Raymond was surprised as Hanalei Anar, with her daughter, Ikekia, Takebayashi Urano, carrying Zarrenia, Violletiya, Hanalei's bodyguard, and Sylvie Kinlo, Hanalei's PA, came up to greet their friends from The Wanderer, the ladies taking in all the male nudity with appreciative eyes.

Korman arranged for everyone to have a place and assigned personnel to assist them. The aides quickly picked up the bags of their charges and moved them into the estate from the ship.

Before long, the six prisoners had completed a more rigorous check-up from Dr. Seito, and had been tended to as required, nano-bots being used to service the more serious wounds.

Seito consulted with the Toolend and injected Sgt. Wilder with nano-bots, instructing them to eat away at the lesion in her brain. Wilder was still having fitful efforts at controlling her body and Seito hoped the bots would help her heal faster, even with the attention the Toolend were giving her.

The Yunki twins had a surprise of their own, their new clothing having been delivered earlier in the day. The twins were soon doing a fashion show for each other and Aurelia's guests, much to their amusement. The men were very appreciative of the show, now that they were themselves wearing jumpsuits.

Riley had, of course, moved to the kitchen, where she was surprised to find out the cooks were working out a menu for a feast for the slaves. She immediately put a stop to that and went to see Aurelia.

"Lady Aurelia, your slaves need to have more food, but it needs to be food they can actually stomach. We found that the slaves we liberated could not tolerate heavy foods.

"Here is the copy of the menu that we served them for the first three days. It is mostly light but nutritious stews and breads. Your people will be better served by doing this than by giving them the feast you initially intended. This stew and the breads are rather tasty, so they will still believe they are getting a feast," Riley suggested. "While they are light stews, one serving will more than fill up your people."

"What about something for a desert?" Aurelia asked.

"Best to give them light fruits like peaches and grapes as a dessert, nothing like cake or cookies for now. You can bring those in over time as you build up the menu," Riley stated.

"Please share your knowledge of these recipes with my cooks. Tonight, I had intended to share in the feast with my people," Aurelia told Riley.

"You will not be disappointed, the stew for tonight's menu is actually quite tasty," Riley assured her, quickly moving back to the kitchen. Fortunately, it would not take long to prep the feast.

Two hours later, everyone sat down at the rather large table in the main dining hall, with some of the estate slaves also seated at the table. Everyone shared in the same meal, which was indeed quite tasty. Even Wilder, now in an anti-grav chair, was seated at the table, those around her helping her enjoy the feast.

Though they were initially disturbed to be seated at the same table as Lady Aurelia, the Adenomere slaves were quite appreciative of the efforts that she was conducting on their behalf. More than one slave was brought to tears during the meal, Junelliya, Hanalei, Fayad, Raymond, Sylvie, Ayesha, and even Aurelia herself, giving them a hug and/or a shoulder to cry on when necessary.

The slaves came away from the evening meal feeling much better about Lady Adenomere. They would be fiercely loyal to her for the remainder of her life even after they were emancipated.

Everyone got along and had a good evening. Guinevere was in her glory as she sat between the two Toolend, her mother opposite her at the table. The child would grab a tentacle of one or the other Toolend and send an image from her mind to them, scenes from her childhood. They included images from storybooks, her dolls, playing with other children, and some of the family pets.

The Toolend found the images fascinating and questioned her intently about them, especially about riding horses, a creature they had only seen in vids from the Union.

Eventually, Junelliya had to get them to stop as Guinevere was starting to get migraines again. Chagrined, the two Toolend apologizing at having hurt the girl, while Junelliya laughed at their antics, as Guinevere just as much to blame for her migraines as the Toolend.

Aurelia looked around the table, surprised at the amicability she saw there. She noted the way that Raymond, Junelliya, Kim, Hanalei, and others behaved with the people around them. Especially Raymond, who Aurelia saw as the kind of man she would like to have married instead of Marius.

Never in her life had she ever enjoyed a meal more. This is the way things should be around the supper table. She thought to herself. I need to make things like this the norm, not the exception. Only, she had no idea about how to do that and that saddened her...

Koh-Tan Se-Lam Roe ot Shem, Approximately Three Light Years from the Piscium System

A ship appeared to the rear of the Koh-Tan.

"Koh-Tan, this is SSP Kelowna, Capt. Reese Dalman commanding, requesting permission to dock. We have supplies and technicians from Liramor-23 to aid in the preparation of your ship, over."

"Kelowna, we have not been advised of supplies and technicians boarding our vessel, over."

"Koh-Tan, you are a day behind in contact with the Greater Community. Your instructions will probably arrive with the Daily Coms Probe. We are sending a copy for you now, over."

The Koh-Tan received the note from the Kelowna with information and instructions coming from senior officials on Pod-Saar. The note was in Pod-Drran and Ma-Ret Rai, commanding the Koh-Tan, was able to see immediately that it had been written by a native Pod-Drran, it was not a fake. She advised the Jurte-Pair, Sha-Ret Sai-Rai and Kal-Het Sai-Ro of this fact. Sha-Ret ordered her to allow the ship into the dock.

Because the ship did not have landing struts, it had to use docking bay four, which did not have gravity. The Kelowna was so advised and followed the blinking lights into the dock. She tied off to the Koh-Tan and connected a pressurized gangplank between the ships.

The Kelowna was an older supply ship that had been purchased by Pallanders Shipyards. They intended to upgrade the ship and make it into a dedicated fleet tender for the Koh-Tan but would support the entire Fleet Shem for now.

Capt. Reese bowed to the Jurte-Pair and electronically handed them his instructions and the intent of Pallanders Shipyard to dedicate the vessel to the fleet. Sha-Ret was pleased. Even if the ship was an older model, it could make Pod-Saar in a single jump from Liramore-23, meaning they had contact with the home world.

"This ship is dedicated as a supply ship for this fleet, Jurte Sha-Ret," Reese explained. "We will be moving back and forth between Liramor-Prime, Liramor-23, and Pod-Saar with supplies and personnel on a daily basis.

"In about six months time, Kelowna will be going into refit to change her profile. She will become a dedicated fleet tender vice the supply ship she currently is.

"The ship will be given landing struts to allow us to make use of all of the docking spaces on the fleet's Man-Jays. We will receive the new jump-grid technology, which will give us longer legs, allowing us to move from Liramor-Prime to Pod-Saar in a single jump. We will also receive new Marilon/Aruna generators to power the vessel.

"We will receive larger holds and a more efficient layout than we currently possess, a larger medical bay with doctors who will be trained and dedicated to serve the members of the Greater Community, and we will be receiving new methods of passing our stores from ship to ship. Over-all, this ship will be retooled completely and be a better vessel for its intended future purpose.

"She will be in refit for just under four months. While she is in refit, another supply vessel will serve the needs of the fleet.

"Today, we are bringing Harradi technicians, who will look over your hydroponics sections to see what modifications have to be made in order for members of the Greater Community to make use of this ship. We also have technicians who will be replacing your older deck plates with newer, modified gravity plates, which will be more efficient to use. They will also train your technicians in the installation and maintenance of those plates. Over the next few weeks, we will be delivering new equipment for the fleet to use.

"However, one of the first items we are bringing aboard is an ICS antenna for the Koh-Tan. Your ship will have instant communications with Pod-Saar and any other point in the Greater Community.

"We have just left Pod-Saar, leaving an ICS antenna behind. It is currently being installed. The Pod-Drran will be connected to the Community as soon as the antenna is calibrated.

"We have new computers for your ship to help with the new communications systems and we also have Comp bracelets for sale on the Kelowna. Which means your personnel will now be able to use their comps for instant comms to friends and family on Pod-Saar once the ICS is set up," Reese informed the Jurte-Pair.

Sha-Ret was ecstatic. She would have instant comms with the home world!

Sha-Ret heard a sharp intake of breath from around the Command Deck and looked up to see what appeared to be a strange looking human coming onto the working bridge.

The person bowed low to the Jurte-Pair.

"Good day to you Jurte Sha-Ret Sai-Rai and Jurte Kur-Han Sai-Ro, I am Mast Klarne of the Harradi, a Fe-Hern, a person who commands 1,000," he spoke through the translator on his comp. "It is my task and those of my team, to inspect your hydroponics and food growing sections to determine what changes may need to be made to adapt your systems for use by other members of the Greater Community who will be on this ship in the future," Klarne informed the pair.

"You have brought a thousand Harradi?" Kur-Han asked, a little disturbed by the thought.

"No, Jurte Kur-Han," Klarne replied. "Fe-Hern is not only a term for the numbers I would employ, it is also an indicator of the level of my training and expertise.

"I only have ten technicians with me, though all of them are senior Hern, those who would direct one hundred Harradi. Between us, we should be able to provide an accurate description of what is necessary to upgrade this ship for use by all members of the Greater Community.

"With your permission, I would like to start this as soon as possible. I would like to have your senior technician for your hydroponics section to provide information on how you use your systems so that we can understand what you do to keep up with the needs of this vessel," Klarne finished with a low bow.

"When do we anticipate changes to be made to your suggested upgrades?" Sha-Ret demanded.

"I cannot say when the modifications to the Koh-Tan will begin, Jurte Sha-Ret, though likely when the ship goes into refit in the Piscium system. There is still much to be determined about the final configuration of the Man-Jays as Expedition Vessels. The Greater Community needs to take into account the needs of twelve species and to determine the final composition of the teams before they can finalize the ships new configuration.

"In the meantime, I can suggest changes for improvements in efficiency for your systems if I should find anything that needs to be upgraded for your own use," Klarne ended.

"Thank-you, that is reassuring," Kal-Han returned. "Please be careful how you inform us of your standings. We are a warrior race and will lean toward thoughts of attack and defence when given numbers like the 1,000 you had suggested."

"My apologies, Jurte Kur-Han," Klarne said with another low bow. "I will endeavour to do just that in future. This is my first time meeting with the Pod-Drran, as we have come directly from our home world to conduct this task."

"How long will you be working on this ship, Fe-Hern Klarne?" Sha-Ret demanded.

"I cannot say for certain, Jurte Sha-Ret, however, I have been given an initial ten days to inspect the systems and file a report on what might be needed to modify those systems," Klarne replied.

A Tae arrived on the Command Deck. "This is Jonin-Mat Tae, the technician responsible for the food supply on the Koh-Tan," Kal-Han introduced the female to Klarne. "She is the leading expert on the hydroponics of the Koh-Tan. I will leave her to collaborate with you."

"Thank-you, Jurte Sha-Ret, Jurte Kur-Han. I shall begin immediately," Klarne bowed and turned to introduce himself to Jonin-Mat. The pair swiftly made their way off the Command Deck. Jonin did not like being there and preferred to speak in her own office.

It would be an interesting ten days for the pair...

Pallanders One Orbital Shipyard, Liramor Prime, The Liramor System, Thirty Light Years from Terra

XVP Stormchaser slid gently into its landing bay on Pallanders One. The hatch cycled and Ambassador Mottu of the Byandi left the ship with François Pallanders.

"It is larger than the Princess Class," the ambassador noted.

"It is designed around the Trine Class, which was deliberately made slightly larger to accommodate the taller members of the Greater Community," François explained. "This class also has a dedicated space on the third deck for a meaningful cargo hold, which is lacking on the Princess Class."

"These ships are intended to be used for cargo?" Mottu asked, confused.

"No, however, a lot of famous families will be purchasing this model. Many of those are into business. The inclusion of a hold will be a major selling point to those buyers," François stated.

"If it is not needed, can the hold be converted for extra crew space?" Mottu inquired.

"We can configure the ship into almost any floor plan one could desire within the limitations of the dimensions of the vessel." François called up different floor plans on his comp and with a beep and a rumble, passed that to the ambassador's comp.

"The UDCS Laureli is designed as a comfortable fast ship for diplomatic use. It is based on the Princess Class and is pretty close to the original design of that class. Like the original Princess, The Trine was designed as a private yacht, the major difference being her dimensions. While your species will not be bothered by the need for extra headroom, other passengers from the Interspecies Community would be. (The Byandi were on average around 180cm.)

"We are pushing the Trine Class for use by the UDC for all of its future fast ships, simply because of the extra headroom for guests," François told Mottu.

"That makes sense," Mottu acknowledged. "I know the Djinaëte, the Toolend, the Paacon, and the Feeyan would appreciate the extra height.

"What would be the closing price on such a vessel?" Mottu asked.

"That would depend on the number of vessels your government would purchase," François replied. "A single vessel in a bare configuration would cost around sixty million credits, while a vessel outfitted like The Trine would be somewhere around one hundred million credits. The more vessels you make of a particular configuration, the lower the price overall. If you purchased enough vessels, you could conceivably drop the price of the base model of The Trine Class, to just under fifty million credits.

"Under the licensing fee, you could make as many of the vessels as you could afford, for a fixed licensing fee per vessel based on each of the basic classes. The licensing fee means that you have access to our experts 24/7 in the event that issues crop up," François finished.

"And you will teach us how to build these vessels?" Mottu demanded.

"Yes, we are currently constructing another orbital shipyard, Pallanders Six on the other side of the planet from this shipyard. It is being constructed with jump-grid technology, so we are building it here in orbit with plans to move it to the Piscium system after its construction. The vessel will become the planned shipbuilding classroom for the Greater Community.

"Pallanders Six will be much larger than any of our previous shipyards and will be designed for use by all members of the Greater Community. As well, we are inviting technicians from the Greater Community to come and assist in building Pallanders Six so that you can get a feel for the construction methods that will be used for the larger vessels that we make.

"Once you get into construction of larger vessels, whether they are civilian or Navy vessels or orbital stations, they are all built with the same methods of construction. If you learn on one, you can modify what you learn to build something else, scale being the major issue," François explained.

They came to one of the small conference rooms dotted around the hull of the shipyard and François pointed out the various cages where the larger vessels were under construction or refit.

bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,113 Followers