All That Glitters Ch. 45

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"As with the presidential ships of the Union, all of these ships will be Valour Class, though the names might be a little different than we are used to. We shall have to determine what is the current definition of their Medal of Valour," he said with a smile.

"Your ship, the original Valour, will be relegated to the Union Museum on Terra. As it is the first ship to be entered into the museum in more than fifty years, we predict that it will receive a rather substantial number of visitors," the President said with a wink.

The Asoc looked to Raymond. "Raymond, my host, what would it cost me to place some of the members of my people on your ship for training while we await the Imperial Ship?"

"That, actually sounds like an excellent idea, Raymond," Adm. Ramison stated. "We will make available military vessels from the Piscium Defence Fleet to assist in the training of Navy personnel of the Greater Community on the ship types."

"The Senate will be required to sign-off on that, sir," Jason Canter, the President's Chief of Staff stated.

"Not really," the President retorted. "We only need the Military Oversight Committee to sign on to this. As it will benefit the Union in the long-run, we should be able to convince them of the need."

At that, the group left politics behind them and stuck to partying. The party was a long one, going well into the next morning, with many going back to their quarters in a much poorer state of deportment than when they began.

VIP Reception, Liramor-23, The Piscium System

The Kumar-Pair and their entourage were leaving Liramor-23 to return to Pod-Saar. They took with them three new souls, one of which was the promised salvation for the combined people.

The Asoc moved in front of her and gave her a short bow. "Our people mourn for your loss, my friends," she told the other rulers. "We rejoice with you that prophecy has come to pass and that your future is yours to fight for. It has been a momentous time here on Ard Mheydeh. One that my mate and I will always remember."

"Thank-you, my friends, for your words of compassion and hope. We look forward to continuing our friendship with you and your people," the Kumaraie replied.

The Asoc stepped back, allowing others to come forward to say their goodbyes. The last of which was a family with two small children.

"I am truly sorry for your loss, Kumaraie," Junelliya said, giving her friend a close hug.

"God-Ma not be sad," Ikekia said from her mother's arms. "Babies need you," she told the Kumaraie.

"Thank-you, Chohda," The Kumaraie gave Ikekia and Zarrenia, hugs and a Linkess (rubbing of foreheads as a form of affection). "I hope that we can visit each other now that your family has a ship of its own. There is no reason I cannot see my God-daughters," the Kumaraie gave a significant look at the two mothers who gave her closed-mouth smiles and promises of visitations. That made the new mother feel much better.

The Kumaraie suddenly felt a twinge in her breasts. "It is time to feed again," she said with a smile, looking at her three infants, her brood, now in the arms of very protective Kumir-Rai/Ro, especially so for the tiny female.

Capt. Dalman was waiting at the top of the ramp leading to the VIP Shuttles that he had borrowed from The Wanderer to move the Kumar-Pair's party to The Kelowna, his ship. He smiled and bowed to the Kumar-Pair as they approached him, then turned and led the way down to the shuttles.

The Asoc and a small family watched as the shuttles departed the VIP Shuttle Bay before turning back to head to their quarters. It had been a long week and the family was not sure what would happen next...

VIP Reception, Liramor-23, The Piscium System

The Asoc and her entourage were leaving Liramor-23 to return to Asocar some hours after the Kumar.

"Dir. Marsh, it has been a pleasure working with you and your very competent staff," the Asoc gave a small bow to Fiona. "It makes life so much easier when one clacks one's talons and things happen.

"As well, this magnificent >Curlat will remind me of this visit for the rest of my life. It will be the envy of all on Asocar," she rumbled with pride, indicating the weapon on her hip.

"While my staff enjoys a challenge, Asoc, we will be pleased to see all of the delegates return to their respective home worlds," Fiona replied, getting a bark of a laugh from the Asoc.

The Asoc looked at her embassy staff. "Dragon Ambassador Alvoie, WE now fully realize the importance of this embassy. You do not have enough staff for your current activities and that will only burden you further in the future. So I will provide you with five additional staff for your office and one Military Attaché.

"Utan<, you are a competent staff member. Your unflagging devotion to the work of the last few days has been noted. I am aware that your time of service is coming to an end but I am loath to lose you from this embassy. Bow to the deck," the Asoc ordered, pointing a claw at the deck.

Utan< stepped forward and bowed until her entire body was parallel to the deck, her tail stretched out behind her to balance her out. The Asoc clacked her talons and a cloak was pulled from a bag by one of her retainers.

The Asoc and the Asost took the cloak and placed it over the broad shoulders of Utan<, then stepped back to their original places.

"Utan< Mutt Beng, I hereby promote you to Junior Ambassador and name you Assistant Ambassador to my Embassy here. I also elevate you to the rank of Dragon.

"RISE DRAGON AMBASSADOR UTAN< MUTT BENG, ASSISTANT AMBASSADOR TO OUR INTERSPECIES EMBASSY!" the Asoc roared.

An astonished Utan< raised her body upright, standing a little taller than she had before, while the members of the Asoc's entourage rumbled their pleasure, raising their snouts and voices to the ceiling and ending the rumble with a roar punctuated with a loud snap of their snouts in celebration of Utan<'s promotion.

"I will place a staff of three at your disposal. I further charge you with not commissioning a >Curlat of office. I will make an award for your service of one of the commissioned weapons I have ordered from Tatsuya Hajime," the Asoc stated, as Utan< looked down at the cloak of office she now wore. The metal symbol of the Asoc's Ambassador, with the mark to show she was a Junior Ambassador, was on her right breast, while her personal symbol, surmounted on the crest of Mutt Beng, and showing that she was now a Dragon, shown brightly on her left breast. She gave a low bow to the Asoc and moved back to be one step to the left of her boss.

"Ambassador Alvoie, step forward," the Asoc ordered. "Your work, preparing for this auspicious occasion between the Asocan people and those of the Greater Community has been noted. Everything that was needed was in place before OUR arrival, ready at the moment of OUR choosing. That is the mark of a truly efficient office and an Ambassador that I wish to keep on my staff.

"Bow to the deck," the Assoc ordered. Alvoie stepped forward and bowed as Utan< had.

Two of the Asoc's retainers came forward and stripped the cloak of office from Alvoie. The Asoc clacked her talons and a new cloak appeared in her hands. She and the Asost stepped forward and placed the cloak over Alvoie's shoulders, then stepped back to their previous position.

"Alvoie Mutt Semt, I hereby promote you to Senior Ambassador and elevate you to the rank of Grand Dragon.

"RISE GRAND DRAGON AMBASSADOR ALVOIE MUTT SEMT, SENIOR AMBASSADOR TO OUR INTERSPECIES EMBASSY!" the Asoc roared.

Once again, her entourage rumbled and roared out their pleasure for Alvoie as he stood even taller than he had previously.

"Again, I charge you with not commissioning a new >Curlat of office. It will be provided, though I have no idea how long it will take," the Asoc smiled.

The hatch whisked open and Hanalei and Junelliya came in carrying their children. They marched right up to the Asoc. Ikekia pointed an accusing finger at the Asoc.

"Asoc bad! Not say bye!" the little girl said with a pout.

A shocked Asoc rolled her head back and barked out a loud belly laugh, the hardest laugh she had ever had in her life! She gave a rumble of delight as she stepped forward and extended a claw to each of the children.

"The Asoc apologizes to you. The two of you have brought happiness to me during this trip as I did not know how much I would miss my own clutch. Shurl antel Ikekia. Shurl antel Sharrenia, I will always remember you and will watch your future exploits with pride," the Asoc told the children.

Both children extended their arms but instead of picking them up, the Asoc brought her head down between them. The two children hugged her snout and gave her sloppy kisses as the Asoc gave out a deep rumble of her pleasure, making both children giggle.

The Asoc raised her head and spoke to the two mothers. "I shall miss these two," she told them. Junelliya passed a large box to the Asoc.

"Anuuran spices and instructions for cooking with them," she smiled to the Asoc.

Zarrenia reached out and touched her sister.

"Zawwy happy, Ikeki to," Ikekia told them.

The Asoc gave a smile and gave a nod of her head to the two children then turned and headed to her shuttle. It was time to return to Asocar...

End of chapter forty-five.

Please rate and comment but remember to keep your comments respectful.

Cheers! See you all on Liramor-23!

Be well, Be kind to one another, Be safe.

bigtddybr