All Comments on 'All That Glitters Ch. 51'

by bigtddybr

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyalmost 2 years ago
Holy crap!!!

I had expected some sort of attack as the leaders returned home, but wow a nuclear attack was not on the list. I am floored, stunned even.

bigtddybr you really suprised me in a big way, I am so invested In this story..

prsstaridprsstaridalmost 2 years ago

Looks like they need to quickly reassemble that 500-ship anti-piracy fleet and go take out some trash, once and for all.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 2 years ago
Totally floored by this!

I, also, did not expect the use of atomic weapons and the death of so many to start this attempted takeover and hope the Asocan realm does not blame the human race re future relations. So many ways to go. Obviously, the human fleets can and will go after the pirates and rebels, but what damage in the meantime! Another exceptional chapter in this astonishing saga!!!! Even so, my "hat's off" to bigtddybr for his imagination and storytelling!!!!!

Edhawk64Edhawk64almost 2 years ago

I am in shock!

I honestly didn’t think you would include write something of this nature. But given past horrors visited by the CP (Pirates) on their fellow humans, Raymond’s and Alya’s histories jumping to the fore, it maybe shouldn’t have been. It was quiet shocking to read. The use of a nuclear weapon will have many far reaching consequences for everyone in the Greater Community.

On that somber note I hope the next chapter is released soon, so we can see the better side of human and Alien nature.

Absolutely love this story, the many varied characters and your storytelling.

SlofredSlofredalmost 2 years ago

On a lighter note Master of Ceremonies. abbreviated into MC. over the years now is recast as emcee. The English Language is an amazing living thing. AND The graduation speeches were superior. I may have to borrow some of that for the future. 5 stars and not so patiently waiting for what is to come next.

mithanialmithanialalmost 2 years ago

Bigtddybr, you are a horrible person who put a terribly dusty scene at the end of this chapter an I do NOT like that. I mean... in reality was was an awesome an poignant scene that should be the message passed through the greater community... Perhaps on a flag flown by the fleet sent to deal with the last of the pirate rabble. 36 pirate ships packed with nukes can do a LOT of damage if the response doesn't mobilize at INCREDIBLE speeds.... as I suspect it will potentially being spearheaded by the Wanderer with the UR company using their fleets to send in support and supplies for the effected peoples.

pk2curiouspk2curiousalmost 2 years ago

OMG ! You have very eloquently and carefully brought the many characters in this story into our hearts . Your writing has caused us to adore so many . And at the same time bring to light the opposers and enemies , and others that are not so likeable . So well written . The character building is some of the best I have ever read . And the action hits hard . Contrasting well the pleasantries and the disasters . Showing your willingness and braveness to go there and forcing the characters and us readers face the extremes . Testing us readers , which I love . So good .

It appears that you have now built a large base for a tremendously long and enjoyable series for many years to come . If you so choose .

Thank you

ThoughtfuljourneyThoughtfuljourneyalmost 2 years ago

Wow

I so enjoy your broad strokes as well as the details!!

But your latest Distractor is devastating. One step short of killing the main characters in the bloody wedding.

It Is going to be most interesting to see the delicacy and diplomacy you use in solving this problem.

I’ll be back to keep Abreast of the comings and goings on Liramor - 23

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very nicely elaborated story and most characters almost seem real. Now, how to respond to a nuclear attack? And to the threat of many more? Eagerly looking forward to the next chapters.q

prsstaridprsstaridalmost 2 years ago

I am looking forward to see how you resolve the Pirate/Coup threat. It needs to be quickly, which should not be an issue with the tech they now have and the Terran Navy has overwhelming numbers to take out the pirates. My only concern is the possible loss of life if the innocent slaves on board the pirate ships. Otherwise I would be for nuking the Pirates fleets in space. Also of concern is the pirates launching more nukes at the planet.

Ulrick001Ulrick001over 1 year ago

Damn, Looks like we get a hunt, coming up. Go Raymond.

charlie4858charlie4858over 1 year ago

I have now got to the end of the story,and like the best, it ends in a cliffhanger.

Please save your readers and the rest of the universe and publish 52 and 53 ASAP!

firehorseukfirehorseukabout 1 year ago

"Do you find this harsh?" Grazia demanded of the Asocan.

No mention of needing new translation matrix to speak to Asocan. It's new technology that needed to be smuggled from Union Space via Alliance contacts still sympathetic to Pirates.

Also did Martte Unaayel get translator from Asocan or Pirates? Who is supporting Martte Unaayel by giving her a translator?

Hanalei put Ikekia down and she stepped into the circle.

Should be waddled or something because of nappies. You haven't stated they are toilet trained and therefore do not need nappies.

firehorseukfirehorseukabout 1 year ago

But the force of Varren's pain was too great for the three little females. They were overwhelmed by it. They too began to cry out from the shared pain of their friend.

Where is Junelliya at this time? I'm surprised she wasn't spreading some calm! Plot hole? You need a plot device to separate her from her children if she is not around to calm her own children immediately. Or to feel their distress and not doing something about it from where ever she is.

... next chapter maybe?

firehorseukfirehorseukabout 1 year ago

The Council of Empaths is proud to acknowledge a three, a three, and a three in the initial assessment of the power levels of Prakesh.

That's a bit of a surprise as there has been no narration of Prakesh's powers vs Ikekiya and Zarreniya. No build-up or demonstration of power. Maybe if Ikekiya and Zarreniya together are 4, 4 and 4 then that would explain it but its a surprise.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbigtddybr@bigtddybr
20 Apr 2024. Ch. 65 is nearing completion. Hopefully it will go to the editors by the end of next week. I want to put out at least one chapter per month. The new version of the Notes chapter (v 14), was finally posted. I do not know why it takes so long to post these Notes cha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES