All Comments on 'All That Glitters Ch. 53'

by bigtddybr

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
prsstaridprsstaridover 1 year ago

Very exciting and entertaining chapter. Also, very sad for the loss of life in the nursery and earthquake causalities on Maha-Oran.

Edhawk64Edhawk64over 1 year ago

Great read as usual. I love the depth and breath you have woven in to the story, and the multiple lead characters. Not sure why but we seem to have lost one, Leia Samson, along the way.

Looking forward to continuing the journey with you. Thanks for sharing your imagination with us.

prsstaridprsstaridover 1 year ago

I am not sure what was going on in that scene when the Djinaëte came into orbit around Paalind-5.

At first, I was kind of expecting that those two Freighters were loaded with human mercenaries' troops intended to try a surprise boarding action and take over the Djinaëte ship. When all the shuttles wend to the ground, I was expecting they would be commandeered and when they went back on board the Dijinaëte ship the takeover would be attempted. However, that didn't happen, nor was something smuggled aboard (like a nuke) to be set off remotely.

So this whole scene has me puzzled as to its purpose. The arrival of the pirate fleet shortly before the Dijinaëte's arrival, nothing was observed to occur between the them. Did the Dijinaëte come to load up the crews needed for the Asoc's fleets?

Will this scene be explained later?

With the disclosure in this chapter that the pirate commander and ship responsible for attack of Raymond's planet is the lead ship of the pirate fleet, I am hoping that Raymond and his teams will be leading the boarding and capture of the captain.

GO123GO123over 1 year ago

Nothing short of a rollercoaster... and it is still building... Cannot wait for the next chapter!

TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyover 1 year ago
Next chapter

Will hopefully be filled with some whittling down of that damn woman, killing kids and care takers.

arrowglassarrowglassover 1 year ago
Outstanding and unexpected story line! Another triumph!

You continue to come up with "on the edge of our seat" scenarios that just beg the question...what's next! All the different ways you have gone into the culture, thoughts, ideas, psyche of the different races is awesome! The only downside beside the loss of life is that I have to wait to see what happens next?

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 1 year ago

Well...shit. When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? Good thing the economy is booming for the Greater Community, otherwise the purse strings would be getting mighty tight with the multiple crisis's taking place right now.

d1muffnmand1muffnmanover 1 year ago

why cant i give six stars? Loved it. Thank you.

prsstaridprsstaridover 1 year ago

I would bet if the Kumaraie would not have bought the medical supplies and the Union balked, Raymond, Leia and the House of Ur would have paid for them. What do you all think?

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 1 year ago

I can't tell you how appreciative I am that you commit to 8 page ( give or take ) chapters . So full of your wonderful tales of your other worlds . Such detail and so many delightfully alien characters .

Thank you

ThoughtfuljourneyThoughtfuljourneyover 1 year ago
Still enjoying the journey

Wow … again I’m stunned at the twists and turns!!

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

There is only one Solar System in the universe, named for its star, Sol. Solar winds can only occur in the Solar System. Stellar winds that occur in other star systems would be uniquely named for their stars. What a break for the Assocan Solar wind expert to be sent to the one star system in the universe where she could put her studies to use. It seems it would have been more practical to study stellar winds in general or those of Assocan stars. ;-)

Still, five stars per usual.

Rage632Rage632over 1 year ago
Books

Why are you not turning these into a series of books for publication? Simple amazing!!!

prsstaridprsstaridover 1 year ago

I have a question for you bigtddybr. When I was reading the last chapter again and reread the scene when Unaayel attacked the crèche of a Gurn that opposed her rule, it was to goad the Asoc into attacking her prematurely.

My question is why didn’t Unaayel attack the crèche where the Asoc’s young ones lived instead? I would think that would have insured the response of a premature attack. Had they already been secreted away to prevent something like that?

bigtddybrbigtddybrover 1 year agoAuthor

Prsstarid, yes. The palace staff is loyal to the Asoc. Unsayel cannot attack her people because she needs them herself to run the palace and the Government. Eventually she will replace key people with her own clique, however, that would only be key positions. The rank and file of the palace would take years to replace. In the meantime, those that would be immediately threatened by Unsayel, including the Asoc's clutch, have been hidden, more or less in plain sight but in such a way so as not to attract attention. Her clutch has simply been moved to another creche further into the swamps. I had meant to put that into an earlier chapter but got sidetracked on other issues in the story. My bad.

prsstaridprsstaridover 1 year ago

Thanks for that update. The first read through, I didn't even think about that. I was reading what happened next and not really pondering the possibilities. It was when I was reading it again that question came to mind.

I am anxiously awaiting the next two chapters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbigtddybr@bigtddybr
20 Apr 2024. Ch. 65 is nearing completion. Hopefully it will go to the editors by the end of next week. I want to put out at least one chapter per month. The new version of the Notes chapter (v 14), was finally posted. I do not know why it takes so long to post these Notes cha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES