Almost Lost

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

During the course of our investigation, information was leaked by someone in the police force in Sydney to those wishing harm on Chelsea Darling, and the accused was sent to Perth to complete the task. In the report written by Miss Darling, certain serving police officers have been identified as being a part of the criminal network established by the parents of the accused. One of those parents, Thomas Nicholas, is the Criminology professor that assigned Miss Darling to investigate the crimes that are behind all of this. She did her job too well for her own good. If she returns to Sydney her life will be in jeopardy."

"The crime that he has been arrested for was carried out in our jurisdiction, therefore she should be returned to Sydney so that we can complete our investigations."

"Your Honour, I submit that Miss Darling does not need to be in Sydney for that to occur. Her report will form the basis of any investigation, it involves many criminal actions and will lead to investigations by several different departments within the police force. All of this can be achieved without her physical presence. When the investigations are completed and it is necessary for her to be present to give evidence, we will ensure her presence."

"I need time to review this report and if I agree with this suggestion I will rule accordingly. If however, I find that the investigation depends on her presence in Sydney, that is how I will rule. This matter will be revisited tomorrow at nine am."

As it turned out, I did not need to return to Sydney. The parts of my report that impinged on the one-percenters mentioned, were quietly lost in the system. Those where the culprits were hired help, and not far enough up the food chain, were prosecuted with the full force of the law. Justice was seen to have been done. As for Prof Nicholas, the most damning part of my report was ignored and he was charged with aiding and abetting a criminal act and received a slap on the wrist. His wife was less fortunate and received a token custodial sentence, Young James will probably use his time in custody to hone his skills and become a more useful member of their criminal network.

I remained in Perth and completed my degree as an external student, graduating with Honours. Mum and Dad approve of Brian and were present with us when we were married in a simple ceremony in Thailand. No, we did not have to become Buddhists.

Three years after all of that excitement I am still here, working on my PhD in Criminology as a part-time student while working as a Criminologist with the West Australian Police Department. As part of the deal to keep me hidden from view, I have changed my name. I am now Cassandra (Cassie) Jarvis, wife of that wonderful Trauma Surgeon who saved my life three years ago. Our love life has gone from strength to strength and we have begun to discuss the subject of kids, that will be some years down the track though. We will be striving for an immaculate conception, at present, our practice has achieved pretty amazing, but has some way to go before it reaches immaculate. We may have to accept wonderful, but we'll keep trying.

Hold that thought a moment, this hand has just come over my shoulder and is cupping my right breast and I feel lips on my neck. It would appear as if my man wants my body. I stand and turn in his arms, pushing the chair aside as I turn. My kiss is with the usual amount of gentle passion that I know makes him weak at the knees. We support each other for several minutes. "Can I entice you into my bed?" He whispers.

"You mean our bed, don't you?"

"Whatever."

I'll leave you all to it, I will be occupied for some time doing you know what."