Alone with the Trees

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Agreed," I answered, happy to spend more time with Christine. I wondered if something had changed, even if only a tiny bit.

We went inside, and Chris began to eat. "Want to share?"

"I don't eat that stuff," I teased.

"You should try it. Tastes delicious. And I know the chef." That beautiful smile came my way again.

"That chef would enjoy coming to your cottage and custom preparing a meal for you." I sent her my most hopeful look.

"Adrian, that sounds..."

"Tempting, right?"

"You promised to be good."

"Cooking a meal for you is as good as I can be."

Meeting her eyes, I sensed her resistance weakening. When she began shaking her head, I knew I had her.

"I may be sorry, but okay."

I prayed I didn't burst from the joy that filled me due to her six-word answer. "You won't be sorry," I assured her, already thinking about the menu.

But she was watching me as she finished her lunch. She stood.

"Be right back." Chris headed to the tiny bathroom. I thought it was a necessary trip, but as I listened, the unmistakable sound of tooth brushing came through the thin walls. She was smiling when she returned.

"I think I need to straighten something out." She sat down across from me, elbows on the table. She took a deep breath, then another. Was she going to tell me to stay away? It was my turn to be nervous...and helpless.

Chris smiled. "Get rid of that look. I'm not about to banish you."

She knew how to get me to relax.

"I know that Laura pays for my lunches, but you almost always deliver them." Her eyes bored into mine. "And I know why you're doing it. You're very transparent, Adrian."

"I probably am, Chris. And I'm sure you know how I feel about you. I guess I haven't tried to hide it."

"And then the Honda."

"The Honda is something to make you, or perhaps just to allow you to step outside yourself. Seventeen years ago, I saw a side of you that needs to be you again."

"Sometimes circumstances change us."

"Do they really, Chris?"

She glanced to where my leg should be. "I don't know. Do they, Adrian?"

"Sometimes we can just be stubborn." I was speaking from experience and knew something Chris didn't.

She chuckled. "Sometimes the pot calls the kettle black."

I could tell she wasn't through.

"I'm comfortable here, alone with the trees. They're my friends, and they give without asking. I'm comfortable sitting in my chair, reading, and listening to my friends whispering to me. I've gotten used to it and don't have anything pulling at me to change it."

I recognized that I was pulling at her to change that. It was frightening to think that I might totally foul up her life and that maybe she wasn't really interested in me as anything but a friend. It was frightening but something I needed to consider.

"I can see that, Chris. But I am who I am. I can't deny that."

"I wouldn't want you to, not for me or anyone else."

"So, we'll see?"

"That's the best we can do, isn't it."

We chatted for another fifteen minutes before I left and headed back to the diner.

◇-◇-◇-◇

I was beginning a new segment of my life, one that I had never imagined.

Jane was the only one I told, as I didn't want lots of questions and speculations.

I had meetings and answered a thousand questions. Why, why, why, I kept hearing, and I told them why over and over. At last, they seemed satisfied, and I had a K3 rating, just down from the K4 rating that was for those who wanted to be athletes.

Next came exams, checks, and careful and delicate moldings that were explained to me as being extremely important. I received lots of information regarding attachment methods and had to make a decision regarding that.

I met with a physical therapist who got me ready to start, telling me what to expect and how she'd be able to help. She was a redhead, about my age, and cute. Tina. That helped me to listen to her carefully.

I was ready.

Since my amputation was below the knee, I had an advantage in learning to use the prosthesis. It was much easier than if you also had a prosthetic knee joint.

The leg arrived, and I was very lucky. It fit perfectly, and there was no pain. I worked with Tina on walking, and that went well too. She complimented me on how determined I was and what great progress I was making.

At last, I was ready.

All of this time, I had been taking lunches to Christine and spending time with her, as usual. She'd commented several times that I seemed to be bubbling with excitement, and she wondered what was going on. I could hardly wait to show her.

It was a Friday, and I had been officially released from rehab. This was the day I had been waiting for, and I was nervous. I wasn't sure why, but when Jane gave me a hug and said she was proud of me, I knew it was time to do it.

I parked the Jeep in the usual spot, grabbed the box with the lunch, and started for the front door when it opened, and Christine stepped outside.

"I was getting hungry and hoped you'd be here..." She stopped, her eyes wide as she looked from my face to my feet and back.

"I have two legs," I said, helping her out.

"Adrian, what...? I watched the tears begin to flow. "You did it," she said through her sobs.

I think I surprised you. "

"Adrian, you said you didn't want to be apeg leg."

"People change, and things change too."

"Things change?"

I looked at her but didn't reply.

She was looking at me intently as though trying to pry open my brain and extract my thoughts.

"What are you saying, Adrian?"

I smiled broadly. "I haven't said a thing."

"I think you're saying something by what you've done and the way you're smiling."

"I think you're right, Chris. And I think you know why I did it."

More tears, but for me, they were wonderful and joyful tears. They told me that she understood.

"I think I do, and that frightens me."

"I'm here to take away that fear, Chris." I stepped toward her, and to my relief, she didn't move. "Christine, I think you already know it, but now I'm going to say it."

She closed her eyes and sucked in a big breath.

"I love you." Her eyes opened. "And now I'm going to hug you."

I did, and felt her return it.

"Why would you love a worn-out thing like me?" she asked, her head against my shoulder.

"Because you're the most loveable woman I've ever come across."

"I think the war made you crazy."

I was waiting to hear those three words and was willing to wait as long as Christine's doubts and stubbornness caused her to withhold them.

"In a contorted sort of way, the war brought me to you." I kissed her on top of the head, waiting for her reaction. When I felt her body relax, I had my answer.

"Karma has a mind of its own."

The smile in her voice was a positive sign that I cherished, as well as the firm feel of her arms around me.

"So, did karma put you in this cottage?"

"Laura found it, and I'll have to check with her about karma."

We were now rocking gently side to side as we hugged and talked.

"I'm not sure that karma announces itself when it strikes. So Laura would have no idea."

She was silent for long seconds, still squeezing me tightly. After the tap dance we had been doing lately, having her holding on to me so tightly was amazingly satisfying.

She leaned her head back, her eyes finding mine.

"You're waiting for me to say I love you right back, aren't you?"

"Christine," was all I could manage to get out.

"I can't run from it any longer, Adrian. If you can love me, I can love you just as much...maybe more. And I do. I love you too."

"I feel like dancing a jig, but I need a little more practice."

This time I could feel that warm laugh with her body tight against mine. It was heartwarming and blood-heating as well.

"So, you did the leg just for me?"

"When I take you places, I want to stride along with you on my arm. Does that sound corny?"

"It would have been a couple of months ago, but not today. Come inside for a while. I need to make a telephone call to Laura."

Just as I had suggested, we walked to the door arm in arm.

I sat as Chris punched in her sister's number.

"Hi, Chris. Why the Facetime call?"

"I have something I want you to see." She was motioning for me to stand with her other hand as she turned the camera toward me.

"Oh, hi, Adrian."

"How are you, Laura?"

"I'm good. What's up, sis?"

"Do you notice anything different?"

"The picture on the phone is kind of small."

"It's plenty big enough."

To help Chris along, I stood on my good leg and lifted the other.

"So, Adrian is doing..." A pause. "You have two legs!"

"Yes, he got it so he could walk with me when we go out."

I couldn't see Laura's face, but I could imagine the look.

"He loves me, and I love him. I need the name of that doctor you used to tell me about."

I watched her copy some information onto a piece of paper, then hang up.

"What's wrong, Chris? Why the doctor?"

Sticking out her chin, she said, "If you can do it, so can I."

It took a couple of seconds for what she had said to sink in.

"Chris, my gosh, you don't have to--" Her hand across my mouth cut me off, so I kissed it, of course.

She slowly removed it. "I kissed you once after the prom. Do you remember?"

How could I ever forget that?

"Your turn to return it."

I was already thinking about doing that, so my hands went around her head, pulling it toward mine. When our lips meant, it was seventeen years of anticipation for me, and I couldn't keep from making a joyful sound in my throat. I had never had feelings like those filling my body at this moment. I would be more than content with a life filled with them.

When we separated, we didn't as Chris leaned in and gave me a very tender and soft kiss that was somehow so sensual I could barely breathe.

"I'm so glad you came out to see me," she said barely above a whisper.

◇-◇-◇-◇

Chris turned to me, an intense look on her face with a hint of fear in her eyes.

"I knew you'd tell me you loved me one day. I guess I thought it might be a little more in the future. I may have just been kidding myself, though."

"I wanted you to be ready...so I waited. I couldn't wait any longer."

"I've been fighting with myself, Adrian. There was no one I'd rather be with than you, but I wouldn't let myself admit it."

I hugged her and kissed her forehead.

"I'm still struggling with myself if I'm honest with myself and with you. I love you, Adrian, but a lot of me is broken."

My heart felt like it was broken along with hers, hearing her say those words.

"I just know that I love you." And I'd know that for a long time.

"Yes, and I love you...and I want you, and that's what frightens me."

I smiled. "I understand that, Christina. At least, I think I do. I'm counting on you to help me be sure I do. I hope it doesn't surprise you that I want you too."

"Why?"

"It's not complicated. I love you and want to share that with you."

"It's been a long time for me. A long time. And lots of doubts have accumulated."

"Well, I'm going to show you something, and we'll go from there."

"Adrian?"

I laughed. "At least your mind is in the right place."

It was a cloudy day and a little dark in the cottage, but the pink in Christine's cheeks was clearly visible and quite enchanting. I reached into my pocket and paused.

"It's too dark in here to see what you're up to," she ventured

There was a bright flash followed quickly by loud crashing thunder.

"Wow. I love the sound of the rain on your roof."

"I had a tin roof put on when the shingles needed to be replaced. The insulation dampens the sound a little."

"I'm envious, Chris. I grew up sleeping in a tin-roofed room over our back porch. When it rained, it was the most comforting sound in my world."

It was definitely getting darker and louder from thunder and the downpour.

"More karma, Adrian. We had a cottage at the lake with a tin roof. I loved that sound."

I held up my hand in front of her.

"What is it? It's too dark to see. Let me turn on a light."

"No light today...or tonight."

"Tonight?" she questioned, and I couldn't tell if she was smiling or afraid.

I held my hand in front of her face once more.

"What is that? Adrian, it's not..."

Her voice gave her away that time. "No, I'll save that for later. I wouldn't push you that far quite yet." Even in the darkness, I could sense the tension leaving her body.

"But what is it, then?"

"Take it, and you tell me."

She took the little packet in her fingers, and in the dim light, I could see her looking at it.

"Oh my gosh. Adrian, are you, well, serious?"

"Chris, I came out here to show you my new leg and to tell you I love you. Yes, I do love you, and I am serious. Very much so." I stepped forward and hugged her tightly against me.

"But I'm not the same Christine you danced with at the prom."

"Neither of us is, but should that keep me from loving you...loving you completely?"

"That's not a fair question. I can't be inside your head and your heart."

"Nor I yours. So I can only tell you what's in those places, and it's total and unconditional love for you. It's up to you to believe me."

"You have to know that it's not you that's the problem; it's me. It's the way I feel about myself."

"I came to the cottage knowing what I was going to say and what I wanted to do. It would depend on what you'd say back to me."

"I told you that I love you, and I do, more than anything."

"Along with love comes trust. Do you trust me?"

As I squeezed her tighter, she relaxed again.

"If I love you, then a big part of it is trusting you."

Another bright flash of lightning was followed by a clap of thunder, the sound of the rain on the roof even louder.

"Mother nature has given us a perfect time and a perfect setting," I said since I had always been fascinated by storms.

"There's no way I can resist you, even if I wanted to. You have my total love and trust"

I took hold of her hand, and we walked to the tiny room that held her bed. The thunder was sporadic now, but the delightful roar of the rain on the roof was continuous. It was like we were in a Hallmark movie, and the setting was absolutely perfect. As she lay down on the bed, I remembered that night at the prom. She was my dream girl after that, but I never imagined I'd see her again, let alone fall in love with her and her with me. There is enchantment in the world, and I was in the midst of it.

I kissed her, then sat on the edge of the bed and carefully unfastened her slacks. As I began to slide them down her legs, she lifted her hips to help. That simple action made my heart pound even harder.

Her panties were next, and once again, she helped. I stood and removed my pants and boxers, then my shirt. I was naked, and I had a plan. As I crawled onto the bed, Chris spread her legs to welcome me.

My fingers, tongue, and lips began their quest to provide Christine with as much pleasure as it was possible to give. Her loud moans and gasps blended with the sound of the rain to provide a symphony of ecstasy to my ear. It was far beyond anything I had experienced or even imagined. When the spasms of her orgasm began with even louder and more intense moans, I thought I might join her. But I had something else I wanted to do.

"Hey, lady, I love you," I whispered loud enough to be heard over the sound of the rain when her body stopped moving.

"Oh, Adrian, I never imagined that making love with someone I truly loved could be so wonderfully magical and fulfilling. My body is still vibrating and tingling."

"I didn't know, Chris, but I hoped."

"And thank you for being the Adrian I just knew you'd be."

"Once again, I didn't know, but I hoped."

"I hope you haven't lost that little packet," she said, adding a tiny giggle.

"Oh, why's that?" I teased.

Another giggle. "Because we're only halfway there, and I'm anxious for the second half."

"Well, you had the packet, so I'm at your mercy."

"You're right, so it must be in the bed somewhere."

We began searching in the dark, and I took every chance I had to poke and touch Christine, delighting in her squeals and struggles.

"I have it," she said, "so stop tormenting me." Another giggle.

I plan to be tormenting you for...well--" Her hand went over my mouth.

"You'd better be about to say forever, or I may toss this packet in the trash."

"Forever," I said as fast as I could.

"I'll love every tickle even though I may not show it at the time."

"Enough of forever for a while. I have a plan for right now."

"You've been planning?"

"On the fly." I slid across the bed and sat on the edge, both feet on the floor. "Come around here and sit on my lap facing me." There was hardly room enough on this side of the bed for that to happen, but it would be perfect for Chris."

She stood up and moved beside me.

"You'd better open that packet and properly prepare for what's about to happen."

"Perfect," she said, opening the packet and holding the condom in her hand. She took hold of my erection and squeezed. "I need to be sure it's ready," she said and began to gently stroke it. "Did you have this when we danced at the prom?"

"I did, and I'm surprised you didn't feel it poking your belly."

"I may have, but I ignored it. Now that I think of it, though, it's a nice compliment."

"I wasn't thinking of it that way at the time, and can you just hurry before I have a heart attack."

"That wouldn't fit with the forever thing, so okay."

I was quickly sheathed.

"What now, boner boy?"

"Christine?"

"I think I'm finding that when I get sexed up a little, I'm a slightly different girl."

"Woman."

"Yeah, that too," she said as she stepped across my legs and lowered herself, guiding me toward her as she did. "It's been a while, so I'm going to go slow."

"Not too slow, or I may come way too soon."

"In that case, I hope you brought two of those packets."

Who was this surprising and equally exciting woman that I was about to share sex with? I was finding out and anxious to know more. But her now puffy and excited labia had engulfed the head, and she was lowering herself, taking more inside her every second.

Our lips met, and our tongues began exploring as she began moving up and down, slowly at first but speeding up slightly with each thrust. When my finger found her clit once more, she moaned loudly and sped up even more. Not able to hold off any longer, I began filling the condom, my body jerking violently over and over. I was just beginning to ease off when I realized that Christine was spasming once again, moaning more softly into my ear this time.

As if on cue, the rain lightened, and more light began filling the windows, and the beautiful woman I was in love with came clearly into view as she leaned back against the wall, breathing heavily.

'I didn't know I could do that."

"What, have wonderful sex with me?"

"Well, that too, but I didn't know I could come twice so close together."

"Was it good?"

"Oh my gosh, the first one felt like I was being launched into outer space. The second was so fulfilling and satisfying."

"I wonder what a third and fourth might be like."

"Adrian, you're going to turn me into a pervert." One more delightful giggle.

"Well..."

"Don't you dare say it," she said, smothering my words with a kiss. Then quickly, she added, "Don't leave. Can you stay tonight?"

"Is that your wish?"

"Yes, sir."

"Then it's my command."

She reached down and took hold of the metal of my prosthesis. "I want to hear all about this, the why, the how, and the when. And, if you'd like, we can talk about what I'm going to do since I'll need your help to get through it."

"On one condition."

"Uh oh, what's that?"