Aloysius Li Washington Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bill looked at us. "What do you guys want?"

I answered for both of us. "We'd like to keep helping those kids. But we aren't willing to subject our lives to hate-mail or incredible expense to fight this level of injustice. We really aren't the ones who are going to suffer."

"Well, let me suggest this. Of course we'd have to talk to the Celtics. Suppose we issued a press release joint with the Celtics regretting that the Y is cancelling a very promising basketball program because of a misguided prejudice against the LGTBQ+ Community, without even discussing the matter with the principals. We offer to talk, but put a strict timetable. If the program is not re-instated, we're going to reluctantly look elsewhere for support of the program. Then we talk with the United Way to determine whether they have other potential venues for the program—and by the way, indicate that the Celtics are unhappy with one of their grant recipients. We also talk to the School Board. Then, we make sure copies of the press release end up all around the neighborhood. I'm guessing we might see some protests. And it's just before Christmas—when the Y raises most of its annual fund raising dollars. So we've got to do this quickly. They'll be most vulnerable to adverse publicity in the next month. We may not have legal recourse. But, we do have public opinion."

I looked at Li. "Are you ready to do this? I realize you're only a few days into the public about us."

Mom interrupted, "Before you answer, perhaps Jack and I can talk with the ED of the Y first—explain the potential downsides for the Y and get a better feel as to whether this is one person or whether most of the Board is behind this. I'm not sure we want to use a nuclear option if this is just a skirmish."

Li looked around the table. "I think it's time for me to start being an adult. Go ahead and have the conversation if he'll see you. And I think Bill should also talk to the Celts. We need to be ready to act quickly. Call the ED and give him two days to react—no more. I'm going to be okay with this."

I don't think I was ever prouder to be someone's boyfriend than I was at that moment. He was a standup guy—and he was my guy. I think I grew several inches—but probably not even close to Li's height.

"I guess we're in agreement."

We drove home, both exhausted. We showered and climbed into bed. I immediately moved back into Li's spoon. "I need you inside me tonight, Li. Make it slow. But fill me up with your power. You are a man who deserves to be called a man. And I'm so happy to be yours and in your bed."

Li moved over, embraced me from behind, prepared me with his long talented fingers and entered from the side, holding me tight to his chest and holding my dick hard in his fist. He was moving very slowly, but I was totally stuffed and loving every moment.

"You aren't such a wimp either, Evan. I'm so happy Pete introduced us." With those words he started a slow massage of my chute. I could tell he was smiling as was I. And he was going to make this last and last.

***********

By the next afternoon, we had drafts of Bill's proposed release and an email from him that the Celts had agreed to go along, subject to final language in the release.

Then, at dinner, MM called. She had met with the Executive Director already—she had just appeared in his office. He was visibly upset and nervous throughout the entire meeting, protesting over and over that he had been advised not to speak of the matter without an attorney. However, she had been able to learn that the Board had not met. Rather a member had asked for a telephone meeting at which he had described in lurid detail the Saturday sessions (at which he had not been present), the many opportunities on the court, in the lockers and even in the showers ("Where they were all naked together!") and he had frightened the Board into sending the letter, pending an investigation. No investigation had yet been started. She had explained to him the potential consequences for the Y and asked him to request an emergency Board meeting the next day. She didn't say "or else"—but he certainly understood her urgency.

The Board would meet at 8 a.m. the following day since most of the members had jobs—so there was an absolute 9:30 end time. An attorney would be present. We were entitled to present our case—for exactly 30 minutes. Then we would answer questions and leave. We could bring an attorney if we wished, but he or she could not stay for the discussion after the presentation.

Li looked at me with incredulity. "I never want to mess with your mother!"

We called Bill and conveyed the news and the decision to him and invited him to come over to work on the presentation if he wished. He decided not to. "It should be yours. Send me an outline when you're done and I'll look at it. But it needs to be yours."

"So what shall we say?"

"It's about the kids. If we threaten to take it elsewhere or harm the Y, we'd be counterproductive. So we leave that out. If this program ends, it'll be because they end it."

"I don't think we can present statistics that homosexuals are no more likely to molest a young boy than anyone else. Even if true, which I think it is, they simply won't believe it. If they are ready to believe that bigot and toss this opportunity for the children, there isn't much we can do."

"That doesn't leave much."

"We describe the program—which I presume most of the Board doesn't know about. We emphasize that although we are the creators, many folks will be involved in coaching, scheduling, ref-ing and fund-raising. And it will give this Y a particular edge with the Celts and the other schools that intend to participate. We emphasize the positive. Let them go to the gutter if that is what they want."

"And we make sure that, even if they want to hide all of this, we are going to be totally transparent. The Globe is going to get the full story. The boys are going to get the full story. And the neighborhood is going to get the full story. Sunlight is a powerful disinfectant."

"So we're agreed. We take the high road. Describe the project and its sponsors and benefits. We refuse to talk about homosexuality at all. It is just not an issue. Let's get the outline of this to Bill."

The next day we met with the Board early in the morning, and we used less time than he had given us. We handed out copies of the original press release, a list of signed-on sponsors, and a description of the program designed for the community—the guys and the hood. We didn't threaten anything. They were receptive and sympathetic, but didn't say much. We left as the ED promised to call later with the results. "And thank you, men, for doing this for our boys. I appreciate everything you've done." He seemed sincere, and we both left assuming we had an advocate.

We learned later that the meeting had been long and heated, but that in the end only one member voted to terminate the program. Newmayer had attempted to hijack the meeting with spurious materials "proving" that gays were out to turn youth, and then he even used a race card, "and that big black buck is corrupting one of "our" white Irish Marines. "It is a total disgrace." But apparently he overplayed his hand and the vote didn't go his way. One member even moved that a censure of Newmayer's conduct be entered into the record of the meeting. Finally, he resigned, threatening to go to the press, to hire a lawyer, to go to the National Y for disciplinary treatment. And he stomped out.

Once again a bigoted rat had been exposed to the sunlight and had shrunk to a desiccated nothing.

Later we decided to ignore the suspension and the threats in our releases. We were on a roll. The League needed to launch after Christmas. We'd be very busy. But, for the rest of that week, we owed our jobs and studies a lot of time. We had been neglecting both.

On Friday Li told me he had the DRL-Boston offer and he intended to accept it.

That night was going to be a total celebration. We were turning off the phones, ordering in plenty of food and drink, and turning up the temperature in the condo. We were going to celebrate our first monthly "Why Wear Clothes on Friday Night?" party.

Each of us was already planning the events. We were pumped. Once again, Li beat me to the sofa and occupied most of it, leaving me to crawl onto him, and ultimately into his lap. We were in for another wild night. Please, God, please. TBC? BD

Author's note. When I started writing what turned out to be these three new chapters in response tor requests for more, I thought I could wrap the story up in a chapter or two. But these guys are now solidly in my head: young guys of different backgrounds, races and religions who have overcome adversity and come to love each other. There's nothing they can't accomplish. I'm guessing that in a month or so, this dream may continue—and I'll try some additional chapters.

12