All Comments on 'Alternative Therapy'

by willcope

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
keairankeairanover 14 years ago
hmm

Cup of tea anyone?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well . . .

I really enjoyed the first couple of 'pages' of this-- it was comical and sort of breezy, this story of a reclusive brainy young woman turned into an out-of-control nympho. In its broad-stroke way, the story felt engaging and light-hearted, and there were several clever bits of business, like her musing on the 'practicality' of the PVC miniskirt or her exchange with the salesgirl.

But then we get into the whole Berenice-like oral thing and the tone becomes Sadean. There are mind-control stories where people are left with no interests in life but sex that still manage to maintain, on the level of the fantasy, a sort of 'benign' tone.

But in this, the heroine was made an individual at first, a girl with real intellectual interests (which the author clearly knows something about), so it felt harsh to reduce her to a mindless, toothless slave.

I'd love to see the author return to more-or-less the opening premise, but develop it in a more gentle sort of way. There's real talent here, but I can't disguise I feel sorry for Natalie and want her to get her life and her teeth back!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

amazing story. a few typos though

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Disgusting

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous