Always Belle Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I can't complain. How about you?"

"I'm excited for my Vegas trip soon."

"Oh nice, what's the occasion?"

"It's gonna be a year since your Aunt Olivia and I, you know." He clicked his tongue; I got the hint. "So I'm gonna let loose a bit, have some fun in Vegas with my brother and a few buddies."

"Oh you know what, I think Uncle Artie had mentioned something this morning about Vegas. Did you get to chat him here?"

"Nope. He must've already left by then."

"Ah, seemed like he wanted to talk to you in person about it."

"I swear to god, if my brother flakes on me for his work, I'm gonna make him fund the whole trip!"

"Shit, maybe I shouldn't have said anything."

"Nah you're good Ken," he patted my shoulder, still in good spirits.

"Frank!" Belle suddenly rushed over, looking annoyed. She slipped her arm under my uncle's, side-hugging him tightly, seeking protection from a person on her tail. "Your friend has had too much to drink!"

That Bryan guy, bare-chested in his swim shorts, arrived at our circle, appearing ready to defend himself, an almost finished beer in tow.

Frank turned to his friend. "Bryan, what the hell man?"

"Bro, I was just being friendly with her." Bryan's voice sounded like he smoked too many cigarettes.

"Define friendly," Uncle Frank demanded.

"I was just complimenting her on the fabric of her outfit. Telling her my wife has one just like it."

Belle elaborated, "Frank, he slid his hand under my cover-up."

Uncle Frank stood tall, addressing his buddy. "Bryan, don't be a fucking creep. My brother's engaged to her."

"That's my fault, I didn't see a ring."

"It's at home. I wasn't going to swim with it!" Belle shot back. "Plus, you just said you were married!"

"Alright everyone relax," Bryan had his hands up in surrender. "It was a simple misunderstanding. I'll chill out." He finished the last of his beer with his arm already up.

Uncle Frank walked Belle away from the scene to quell the tension, steering her toward a group of other guests. It unfortunately left me standing next to Bryan—awkwardly. I turned to face him, out of reflex.

"The hell you looking at?" Bryan spewed anger in my direction, then abruptly walked away before I could even respond.

"Okay... Nice to meet you too," I mouthed to myself.

***

I roamed around the party, having conversations here and there with others, indulging in another beer. Feeling a palpable buzz, I examined my empty bottle before placing it down: Tripel IPA, whatever that meant.

"Hey you!" A familiar female voice shot my way.

I turned to see that it was Eva, the cute aspiring musician that had snuck into my uncle's party last week. I felt like we had definitely connected then, so of course I was happy to see her here. A rush of butterflies suddenly consumed me, my nerves coming online.

"So Eva, were you officially invited to this party?" I aimed to be clever.

"Ha-ha. Matter of fact, I was. I babysit Ox and Sherrie's kids."

"Any good at that?"

"Well the kids are still alive, aren't they?" She smiled.

"You know, I've been meaning to text you, to hang out."

"Uh huh, where have I heard that line before?" She teased, seemingly enjoying our charming back-and-forth.

"Fair enough. Do you want to grab dinner next Friday?"

She paused, calculating her next words. "I'll one-up you Ken. Next Friday: Why don't you treat me to dinner, then afterward, I'll treat you to an Enzo concert."

"Whoa! You have tickets?" I reacted with glee.

"Yeah, my best friend Nina had to bail on me for a family thing. You interested?"

"Definitely. I'm in!" I smiled.

Damn Ken, look at you. You just scored a date buddy! I couldn't lie, I was feeling myself. Hah, maybe I should drink Tripel IPAs more often.

Eva asked, "So, did you come here with your uncle and his new fiancé?"

Just then, I saw Belle in the distance out of the corner of my eye. She was chatting with Ox one-on-one, not too far away from others, but far enough to have a private conversation. Sherrie wasn't around. Neither was Uncle Frank. This was the moment I was waiting for!

Belle's body language was telling. I saw her flip her hair over her ear, her eye contact with Ox unwavering. She ran her finger along the strap of her cover-up over her clavicle, surely teasing him without being too obvious.

I turned back to Eva, trying to remember her exact question, but kept my half-divided attention on Belle. "Um, my Uncle Artie was here earlier but he had to leave for work."

"On a Saturday?"

"Yeah, well he's a busy guy." My eyes swung back and forth between Eva and Belle, like a metronome. I hoped Eva didn't think I had some disorder.

I noticed Belle now walking away from Ox. She was heading in my general direction, with no discernible expression on her face. I turned back to Eva.

"Are you okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah, why?"

"You seem distracted."

"No I don't," I said way too fast.

"Are you having second thoughts about the dinner or concert?" Eva looked worried, her brows furrowed.

"No no no, I'm really excited!" I blurted out, but I wasn't even looking at Eva. I didn't want to lose track of Belle. She was moving across the yard, about to pass me from about ten feet away. Where was she going?

Eva finally called me out. "Ken, what are you looking at?" She turned around trying to pinpoint my eye-line. Unsuccessful, she turned back to me.

My eyes caught hers and I scrambled for a response. "Uh... Sorry, I just saw my cousin! Hold on. Yo Colin!" I shouted.

My unassuming cousin walked over to join us. "Hey sup," he said, holding a beer in hand.

"Colin, this is Eva. The person I tried introducing you to at Uncle Artie's party, remember?"

"Oh, so you do exist!" He lightheartedly commented.

While Colin and Eva exchanged pleasantries, it gave me a moment to casually turn around and assess Belle's movement. My eyes frantically searched, spotting her now in the distance, walking alone toward the small side house, hidden away from the pool and crowd.

The rational side of me wondered if there was a restroom there she needed to use. My dirty mind suspected otherwise. She entered the unlocked door and closed it behind her, no one around me suspecting a thing.

"So you're going to the Enzo concert?" I heard Colin say to Eva. "I'm jealous. I've always wanted to see him perform live."

Not fully engaged with the conversation, I inserted myself regardless. "Dude we literally just heard him sing live at Uncle Artie's house."

"Cuz, he only sang like three songs. His actual concert is gonna be a whole different vibe!"

Eva chimed in, "I really hope he sings more songs off of his first album. They have so much more raw emotion in them, like for example..." She continued on, but my ears were drowning her out.

While she rambled, I turned my eyes to Ox. He was checking his watch, as if counting down the requisite seconds before he could make his move. Then finally, he started on the same general path that Belle had traveled. Along the way, Ox's eyes pinged back and forth, probably making sure no one was watching him.

I was sloppy. While tracking him, our eyes met, for probably too long to be considered normal. I quickly looked away and turned back to the conversation with Eva and Colin.

"Ken, what's your answer?" Eva asked me.

"About what?"

"Your favorite Enzo song dude!" Colin pressed, laughing at me. "I think you need to dial back on the IPAs cuz."

"I'm good," I protested.

"You were spacing out in the car earlier too. So it can't be the alcohol. Hmm, I gotta hook you up with my Adderall plug."

Eva chuckled at Colin's line, suddenly making me feel self-conscious in front of her.

"Hey cool kids!" Ox abruptly joined our circle, scaring the shit out of me. "I'm going to grab more meats to grill. Any requests?"

"Hell yeah, any more steaks?" Colin rubbed his hands, eager to eat again.

"I'll go check if there's any left," Ox noted. "What about you Ken? Eva?"

Eva said she was fine. I, on the other hand, felt like I wanted to choose my words carefully. I desperately wanted to extract more info, figure out Ox's strategy, like how long he planned to be gone with Belle. But I didn't want to invite suspicion. I suspected the only reason Ox was here talking to us at all was because we had made awkward eye contact.

I played it safe. "I think I'm fine, thanks Ox."

"Cool, here you go Ken." Ox popped the cap off another Tripel IPA bottle, handing it to me. "This'll hold you over until the next batch of barbecue."

I reluctantly took the beer, wearing a fake smile of appreciation.

After Ox left us, I debated whether to look behind me, see if he was going to where I thought he was going. But I couldn't risk making eye contact with him again. He'd know I knew. I couldn't be sure whether he was playing mental chess with me, but I wasn't going to back down so easily.

I waited a couple of seconds, then decided to make my move...

"Hey guys, I gotta use the restroom." I rubbed my stomach in fake discomfort.

"Here, gimme that beer dude." Colin took the bottle Ox had given me. "Take it easy cuz."

"Drink some water Ken," Eva added.

I nodded understanding, then walked away, pretending like I was going inside to use the bathroom. It gave me the opportunity to locate Ox. He was heading in the direction of the side house. Predictable! I glanced back at Colin and Eva; Thankfully, they were engaged in conversation, not paying me any mind.

I surreptitiously hid amongst a crowd of people, watching Ox finally reach the door, where Belle was patiently waiting for him on the other side. He turned around one last time to scan, making sure, before he finally entered.

My buzz was still kicking, but my adrenaline had sharpened my focus. I clocked the time on my watch, wanting to track how long Ox and Belle would risk being away from the party.

Not only that, but I wanted to be closer to the action. I assessed all of the factors first. From afar, I could make out a small opening between curtains. If I was lucky, I could point my phone at that sliver in the window frame. I'd only managed to get audio yesterday in the dressing room stall. Video would be a whole new ball game! I could also hide beneath the shrubs lining the perimeter, protecting myself from being seen by others.

Hell yeah Ken, I think we got a plan buddy!

"Kenny! There you are!"

Shit, who was it now?!

Sherrie had appeared next to me, alongside her son Peter, holding his hand. "Okay honey, go ahead and ask Uncle Kenny."

I looked at the kid, trying to wipe the burgeoning rage off of my face. He just stood silently for a long time, fiddling with his water wings, making the most annoying squeaking sound.

Sherrie encouraged, "C'mon, don't be shy now Peter. Tell him what you told me."

Peter finally looked up at me. "Uncle Kenny, can we play Marco Polo now?"

My eyes opened wide. It was now that this kid decided he wanted to be friends with me?! At precisely this moment?! Fuck man!

I bent down to speak, unashamed to lie to an innocent kid. "Hey Peter, I'd love to play. But my stomach isn't feeling so good right now. Can we play later?" I stuck out my hand to give him a high-five.

He hesitated, but then eventually smiled, slapping me five. He scampered away in the direction of the pool, leaving me with his mom.

"That was so cute," she commented. "I think he's warming up to you. Is your stomach okay?"

"Yeah, I think I just drank one too many too fast."

"Gotta pace yourself Kenny. Stay right here, I'll bring you some bottled water and some meds." She started to walk away.

"No!" I shouted, probably too loud, getting her to turn around in bewilderment.

Of course I didn't want to wait in this spot for her. I needed to get to Ox and Belle! I followed up, "Sorry Aunt Sherrie, didn't mean to yell. I'm okay. I'll get water in a bit."

"Okie dokie. I've got aspirin and antacids if you need them. By the way, I saw you and Eva chatting. Anything special going on there?" She waggled her eyebrows. "Don't go stealing my babysitter now. It's hard to find one as good as her!"

I needed to lose Sherrie, fast! So I began slowly drifting away from her, saying, "Eva's great, I think I'm just gonna—"

"By the way Kenny," she interrupted, halting me in my tracks. "What do you think of my bikini? Courtesy of Belle."

"It looks good." I tried to be curt, but she didn't notice, keeping me prisoner with her endless word vomit.

"Thank you! I think I look good too. Ox says I fill it out better than Belle, but I think he's just being a good husband. I'm no model. But I try to work out you know. But being a mom of three is tough, I don't always have time to exercise..." She just kept on yapping.

At some point I tuned her out, trying to think of how I could escape this hellish conversation. The worst version of me wanted to shut Sherrie up by saying: If you only knew where Belle was right now, doing god knows what with your husband, maybe you'd feel differently about that bikini you're wearing!

Sherrie continued, "Reminds me, I think we're running low on meats. Where's Ox? I should grab more steaks from the accessory house."

My ears perked up. "Aunt Sherrie, what do you mean by the accessory house?"

"That building over there." She turned around briefly to point at the side house in the distance, then faced me again. "We built it recently for when my mom gets older and moves in with us."

"Oh interesting." I couldn't think of anything better to say. My nerves were now piling up.

"It already has some appliances in it. Come on, I'll show you. You can give me a hand with the meats too." She started guiding the both of us toward the side house.

Fucking shit! We were going to walk in on Ox and Belle. As much as I would've loved to see Belle fucking her fiancé's best friend, what was happening right now was real life. There were actual consequences to this! I had to think of a way to stall...

"Mom!" A kid shouted, suddenly getting her attention.

Sherrie stopped, looking toward the pool area.

Peter had run up to us. "Mom, can Uncle Kenny play Marco Polo with me now?"

Sherrie turned to me, politely awaiting my answer.

"Peter buddy, I'm ready to play when you are!" I said, grateful that this little twerp had intervened in the nick of time. "We should get your mom to play too, right?"

"Yeah!" He yelled.

"I'm too old to play that!" She responded.

"No you're not Aunt Sherrie!" I contended. "You're in the best shape of anyone I've ever seen."

"Young man, you flatter me! Ugh, okay I'll play. Just for a little bit. Then I gotta grab more food."

As we walked toward the pool, Sherrie inquired, "Wait Ken, you sure your stomach's better? I don't want an accident in the water."

"Yup, I'm feeling much better now, all thanks to our lovely conversation." I turned up the charm.

I glanced past Sherrie's shoulder and noticed Ox had somehow stealthily maneuvered his way back to the grill, a stack of packaged meats next to him. How the hell did I miss him making his way back? Was there a fucking underground tunnel on the premises?

I quickly scanned around for Belle but didn't see her. If this was anything like the basement incident, she and Ox would've staggered their exits. I bet she was still probably waiting in the side house.

As we reached the edge of the pool, Sherrie then turned to me. "Actually Ken, you'll have to excuse me. I'm gonna have to take a raincheck and pack a bit. Entertain Peter for me will ya?"

"Are you leaving your own party?" I asked, curious.

"I'm taking the kids to my mother's later for dinner and a sleepover."

"Mom! Please!" Peter shouted again.

"Okay Peter, just calm down sweetie, Uncle Kenny will play with you. I have to get ready for grandma's."

"Let's go Uncle Kenny let's go!" Peter's eager eyes beamed up at me.

I bittersweetly joined Peter in the pool, relieved on the one hand, that Aunt Sherrie had avoided experiencing some major marriage trauma. As for me, I felt wholly unaccomplished, having failed my mission of spying on Belle and Ox getting freaky in the side house. Adding insult to injury, all I was left with was having to settle for a silly swimming pool game.

"So Peter, have you played Marco Polo before?" I monotonously asked him.

"Yes! I hide and you look for me," he replied.

A female behind me inserted, "Wait, are you guys playing Marco Polo? I'll join too."

I turned around, already recognizing Belle's voice. When had she exited the side house? Tellingly, her lips and cheeks were looking a little puffy. Fuck, so that's what they were up to!

"Yay Auntie Belle!" Peter yelled. "You and me hide and Uncle Kenny will catch us."

"He can try!" Belle teased. She had no idea how much I took her words as a real challenge.

***

I had hoped playing Marco Polo with Belle would've served as a worthy substitute for missing the action in the side house. I thought I'd get lucky in the pool, perhaps cup a breast as I reached out a wandering hand to tag her. But I never got the chance. She had eluded me the entire game. Fitting.

When Belle exited the pool, I realized this was the first time I was seeing her in a bikini in real-life. As much as I wanted to fawn over her half-naked body in 3D, I yearned for more. Seeing her in a swimsuit was a sorry consolation prize compared to what I could've seen. What I could've recorded.

The barbecue wound down as the sun started to dip lower. Most folks had already left, including my Uncle Frank and his friend Bryan.

I myself had already dried up, and was chilling at a patio table, melancholically reflecting on the day's brief highs and lower lows.

Eva joined me, now wearing a comfy hoodie. "Hey Ken, I'm gonna hitch a ride with you and Colin if that's okay."

"Sure. Colin's the one driving but I'm sure he'll be cool with it."

"I just asked him. He said he wants to head out now. He's just inside using the bathroom."

"No problem. How'd you get to this party anyway? Just curious."

"My dad dropped me off..."

"Oh. Okay." I probably looked more surprised than I should've.

"I, uh, I don't have a driver's license..." Eva was red in the face, seemingly embarrassed. "I know, I know. I'm 20 and old enough to drive myself, but I just haven't had time to learn. I've been focusing on my music."

"Don't feel bad Eva. I'm the opposite. I have a license but no car."

"Next week, I can ask my dad if he can drive us to a restaurant near the concert venue, if that's not weird for you. I promise, it won't be like me introducing you to him as my boyfriend or anything. He's a nice man and, bleh... I guess I'm saying all this, assuming... we're still on for Friday?"

"We are," I confirmed. It was cute watching Eva nervously ramble, such a contrast from our previous interactions. I was learning different sides to her.

I added, "Oh and hey Eva, um, sorry about how I acted earlier. You were right, I was distracted. I don't even remember why." I realized I must've come off like such a weirdo to her, when trying to keep tabs on Belle and Ox.

"You're fine Ken," she kindly smiled.

"Hate to interrupt you two," Ox appeared. "But it's closing time. Hope you cool kids had a blast."

( I sure know you did, Ox!)

"Eva, Sherrie said you're free to babysit the kids next week?" He asked.

"Yup, just not on Friday." Eva glanced my way, then said to Ox, "I'm going to the Enzo concert that night with Ken."

"How fun, enjoy! By the way Ken, Sherrie mentioned I should give you a tour of the accessory house before you leave. Still interested?"

"Sure," I said so nonchalantly, but of course I wanted to see it—the crime scene where Ox and Belle had their afternoon delight. Maybe I'd stumble onto clues, evidence, things I could latch onto for a zesty fantasy.