Amanda and Jeff Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, dishonesty aside, I suppose your cause was noble. I forgive you. Do either of us match?" Jeff asked.

"Brandi wouldn't be healthy enough; her blood indicated that she would be a bad candidate. She's fine, no alarm but not a good match," Yvette said.

"So..." Jeff said.

"You, however, would be a good match," Yvette said. 'It's a lot to ask."

"It is a lot to ask; who is the recipient?" Jeff asked.

Yvette's eyes started tearing, "It's Amanda. One of her kidneys has failed, and the other will fail soon, an issue of her pregnancy. She won't have time for the waiting list. She gets to 'cut the line' if someone donates one directly."

Jeff was silent. He had trouble fathoming what he heard; his emotions were running wild.

Yvette continued, "I know that you probably still hate her; she has changed with motherhood. Can you find it in your heart to donate?"

Jeff was still trying to put it together.

Yvette sobbed, "name your price, anything. We all fucked you over pretty good; I'm begging you to save my best friend's life. Please say something!"

Jeff burst out crying. "I don't hate anyone. And I don't want anything; I'll donate it. I don't want her to die either," Jeff said.

Yvette got out of her seat, ran around the desk, and jumped on to him, straddling Jeff's lap, hugging him tightly. She kissed him over and over again. "Thank you,' she said, over and over again.

The hug lasted a long time. They cried together. When they finally settled down, Yvette got up and pulled a handful of tissues from a box on her desk. She gave some to Jeff. They both cleaned their faces as best they could.

"Thank you; I was so nervous that you'd say no," Yvette said.

"I couldn't bear a grudge through something like that. I only want one thing," Jeff said.

Yvette looked at him with a raised eyebrow and said, "name it, anything you want, anything."

"Nothing like that, although it might be nice to spank that ass of yours, no, I just don't want Amanda to know I'm the donor," Jeff said.

"I think we can respect that, but why?" Yvette asked.

"I don't want her thinking she owes me anything," Jeff answered.

"And do you still want to spank me?" Yvette laughed.

"Let's just get this organ donation over with," Jeff said.

Yvette walked away with an exaggerated wiggle in her butt, "If you're sure? I probably would have gone as high as to let you donate another organ," she laughed.

Jeff had enough; he grabbed her shoulder with one hand and let loose with an open slap across her buttocks. "Do you know much I would have liked to have given you that organ earlier in our relationship?"

Yvette jumped and escaped from his grasp; she sat down quickly laughing, "I know, I could see it in those puppy eyes, your spank, however, is nowhere as good as mine."

The calls were made, and the appointments were made. The hospital promised the anonymity that Jeff was seeking. His stay at the hospital would be shorter than Amanda's. The hospital staff said that Jeff would probably be released before Amanda was even mobile.

Jeff worried about explaining it to Brandi. He didn't want her to confuse his organ donation as if he had any romantic feelings for Amanda. Surprisingly, Brandi was on board with it.

"You're such a kind and forgiving man," she said. That's why I love you so much." She wrapped him in a hug.

"I thought you'd be upset," Jeff said.

"I never had feelings for her, one way or the other. I know she hurt you badly, but you forgave her. Why would I have a grudge? If she hadn't driven you away, we wouldn't be together," Brandi said.

"We're keeping my identity from her; I don't want any mixed emotions over this. I don't want her to think she owes me anything," he explained.

"I love you; you're such a good person," she purred.

"And I thought you'd be jealous that I was donating an organ to her," Jeff said.

"Not the organ that counts,' she said, squeezing his cock through his pants.

Jeff carried her to the bedroom, "that organ's only for you." They stripped their clothes and made out like teenagers; it never seemed to get old for them.

The surgeries were set up. Amanda had been admitted before Jeff, so Jeff actually got to visit her before she went in. She had no idea that Jeff was her donor. We kept our talk light. When Jeff left, Vince went with him, leaving Yvette and Jeffrey with Amanda.

They were clear of the nurse's station when Vince opened up.

"We are all so much in debt with you. You do so much for everyone, most of us not deserving," he said, his voice breaking.

"Vince, we can't change the past. We can go forward and try to make things better; it's all we can do. I couldn't sit back and watch Amanda languish, waiting for a new kidney that might not have come. She doesn't need to know who donated it. I've got to check in myself, so you better get back to your family," Jeff replied.

"When this is all over, can we become closer?" Vince asked.

"That will take time. This surgery should give us some more time," Jeff said.

"Are you alone? No one is with you?" Vince asked.

"Brandi is in the cafeteria waiting for me. She'll be taking care of me later. The hospital says I should be home tonight," Jeff answered.

"So you guys are keeping house together?" Vince asked.

"Brandi has had her operations and is now a woman. We've grown together. Just a couple of freaks leaning on each other," Jeff said.

"I think you guys make a great couple and hope you have a great future together," Vince said.

They shook hands and parted company. Vince went back to Amanda, Yvette, and Jeffrey. Jeff caught up with Brandi and checked in. Brandi stayed with him during his prep. Before they put him under, Jeff and Brandi kissed. "Don't go running off on me now," he said.

"Not a chance; you're stuck with me," Brandi joked.

"Let's get married after this," Jeff said.

"I was thinking you'd never ask," Brandi said with a tear running down her cheek.

"Ok, you two, it's almost lights out time for Jeff," a large male nurse said, preparing to inject an anesthetic into Jeff's IV.

"See you later, babe," Brandi said as she left the room.

Jeff waved as she left.

The nurse injected the anesthetic, and Jeff started to snore.

Brandi went to the waiting room, where Yvette, Vince, and Jeffrey joined her. Brandi and Yvette gave each other a little hug; everyone sat down.

"So, how are you two getting along?" Yvette asked.

Brandi answered, "He's been so supportive of me. I had nothing going for me when he picked me up at the hospital."

"I think you were good for him as well, Brandi. I was afraid he'd withdraw from everything and hide in that cabin," Vince said.

"So, inquiring minds want to know, are you guys like..." Yvette started asking.

"Well, he just asked me to marry him before they put him under," Brandi laughed.

There were congratulations and more talk. They went to the cafeteria together as Jeffrey was getting a little fussy. Brandi's phone dinged; Jeff had been put in a recovery ward and would be awake soon.

They parted company. Vince told Brandi to call if there were any problems later.

When Brandi got to the recovery room, Jeff was starting to stir. "Seems, like a minute ago, we said goodbye," he croaked.

"Might have been a minute for you, but it was a lifetime for me," she said, kissing his forehead.

One of the surgeons came into the room. "Starting to come to?" she asked. "You did fantastic; I think we'll be releasing you tonight."

"How's Amanda doing?" Jeff asked.

"We made the handoff with the other team, and they didn't see any problems, but time will tell. Amanda's stay will be longer. It would be best if you focused on yourself for now. Before you get released, you need to eat something, drink something, and we need to analyze a urine sample," the surgeon said.

"I've written up some post-surgical instructions, and I'm going to turn you over to the nurses. I think you are quite the hero donating a kidney, plus I understand she is your ex-wife?" the surgeon said. "My ex-husband would be glad to see me off," the surgeon said.

"He's a special guy," Brandi cut in.

"Sounds like he's 'your guy?'" the surgeon joked.

Brandi squeezed Jeff's hand and said, "Yes, he is."

"Well, make sure he rests up and follows his instructions. And if you're wondering, take a couple of days off, and when you have sex, cowgirl, you're on top," the surgeon said, winking at Brandi.

Jeff made it through the post-op evaluation and was discharged. Brandi drove them home. They cuddled to sleep.

As the wedding approached, Amanda grew bitter towards Jeff and Brandi. She had always held out that at some point, she and Jeff would make up. Now that wouldn't happen. She thought Brandi had transitioned to a gorgeous woman. Brandi had been abused badly, almost killed by Amanda's friend Julia. She knew she had mistreated Jeff but nothing like Julia. She did her best to hide her hatred, and for the most part, they didn't see each other all that much.

But Brandi was good for Jeff. Jeff had softened towards everyone else and was advising Yvette on the company's finances. They were all still making good money.

Jeff and Brandi were going just to do a simple civil ceremony, but Yvette wanted to do something special for the couple. Yvette had arranged a weekend retreat, and the wedding would be Saturday afternoon.

Yvette, Vince, Amanda, and Jeffrey loaded into Vince's Escalade and took off for the retreat. The talk was pleasant. Jeffrey slept most of the way; car rides did that for him. They arrived and checked into their suite. They met Jeff and Brandi at the restaurant. After dinner, Amanda took Jeffrey to the suite they shared with Vince and Yvette. The hotel had arranged a babysitter for them so Amanda could join the others in the bar.

Amanda joined the others in the bar; it was a quiet night in the bar. They were all enjoying a drink, and Yvette opened up the toasts. "Well, you two, this is your bachelor/bachelorette party. Considering all of our careers in sin and debauchery, there's probably not any wild oats left to sow."

Vince chimed in, "now everyone is setting down; we're all wealthy enough to never have to work again. What do you guys do up in the woods to pass your time?"

Brandi sipped her drink and giggled, "could probably make a movie about it."

Jeff groaned, "Let's not go down that road again."

Amanda said curtly, "I think that would be a great idea, Brandi."

Yvette laughed, "it would probably be too vanilla for our studio."

The evening went on. People enjoyed a few more drinks. Amanda was getting a little tipsy, and her tongue was growing sharper. Most of her snarkiness directed at Jeff and Brandi. Everyone was pretty much ignoring it.

"I just want to say," Amanda said, "that although Jeff and I had our issues, there are no hard feelings. Of course, speaking of hard feelings, he wasn't man enough for me; maybe he'll be man enough for you, Brandi."

Everyone bristled at the comment, but Brandi lost her cool, "you miserable cunt! Jeff was more of a man than you deserved. You were selfish and only took care of your needs. He cared for you, gave you your way, put up with all of your bullshit, and you gave him nothing but shit in return. Hell, even after the divorce, he cared about you enough to give you one of his kidneys so you'd live."

Everyone looked up, shocked. Amanda whispered, "what?"

Brandi continued, "that's right, bitch, we were all supposed to keep it quiet; your donor's wish was to remain anonymous. I'm not going to sit here while you trash talk the man I love, the man that could have let you die." She threw her napkin on the table, "Jeff, I'm sorry for spilling that; I'm calling it a night. I'm heading to the room, don't be late," she said as she kissed him. She left.

Amanda was crying. "Why didn't anyone tell me? Jeff, why were you keeping it a secret from me?" Yvette and Vince moved in closer to Amanda's sides. They both had an arm around her.

"When Yvette approached me about being a donor, I was gobsmacked by the news. We had our issues, but I never wished badly on you. I told Yvette that I would donate under anonymity. I was happy in my developing relationship with Brandi and didn't want to complicate that. I also didn't want you to feel you owe me anything; for the record, you don't owe me anything. I take that back; you do owe me," Jeff replied.

"What, what do I owe you?" Amanda tearfully asked.

"Amanda, most of our problems, your problems, started with drinking. You can pay me back by getting dry and under control, take better care of yourself. I don't have any other kidneys to give. I'll bid you, people, a good night. Brandi and I are still getting married tomorrow; you're still welcome to attend," Jeff said, rising and leaving the table.

Amanda sat at the table, crying. Vince and Yvette were trying to comfort her.

"Why, why didn't anyone tell me that Jeff was the donor? She sobbed.

Vince said, "that's what he wanted; otherwise, he wouldn't go through with it. We were willing to do anything to save you, willing to pay any price. We found out that Jeff was a match, Yvette was the negotiator, that was his only request."

Yvette hugged her friend, "I was willing to do anything to get him to agree. When I told him he just sat in my office and zoned out, I was begging him; I threw myself at him, I would have done anything he wanted. After he said yes, we hugged for about five minutes, crying our eyes out. His only demand was anonymity."

"But why? Brandi was right; I've been nothing but a bitch to him. He saved my life, and everyone knew but me?" Amanda sobbed.

Yvette said softly, "he said he didn't want you to feel that you owed him anything. Now, listen, stop kicking yourself. Yes, you are a minx, and that tongue of yours can be brutal when liquor pries it open, but we all love you. You're not the meanest bitch in the world."

Vince signaled the wait staff for the tab, "we should call it a night, too," he said.

The ladies headed up to their suite while Vince settled the bill.

When they got to the suite, they tipped the babysitter and dismissed her. They sat in the living room, discussing the revelation.

"As mean as I've been to him, why would he do that, why would he give me one of his kidneys? He hated me." Amanda asked.

Yvette held Amanda's hand. "He never hated you; he hated the way you treated him."

Vince cut in, "we all treated him pretty badly; probably I treated him the worst. But you were rough on him, Amanda; he wanted to keep the screen and real-life separate, and then you blurred them, albeit with some help."

Yvette added, "guys, we can't wallow in the past; we all screwed him over. But he remains in our circle of friends, probably almost forgiven us. We should all be moving on from the past. We all know about the transplant; we can't change that. How do we go forward? If we want to remain friends with Jeff and Brandi, how do we keep from dredging up the past and hurting them in the future?"

"He remains part of our business; his financial help has been key. He holds an interest in the company, so it's in his best interest to help, but if we keep alienating him, we could lose his consulting," Vince said.

Yvette said, "he's managed to keep us out of that circus of a trial concerning Brad/Brandi and Julia. Our name has come up a few times in the case. Julia tried to implicate us."

Vince shook his head, "imagine what he could have done to us, well, me with what I did to him if he had pursued that legally."

Amanda sobbed, "but I'm still so mean to him. I guess, inside, I don't want to see him happy because I keep shitting on him. And I started shitting on Brandi. I gotta fix this; I gotta apologize." She stood up to leave. Yvette intercepted her, "not tonight, girlfriend, let everyone sleep on it."

Amanda sat down, "you're probably right; a crying drunk is worse than a belligerent one. Do I have a problem with my drinking?"

Vince said, "it's not your drinking; you don't drink that often. But when you do drink, you lose some inhibitions that get on people."

Yvette added, "We all don't drink that much. Maybe you're holding bad thoughts that work their way out when the brakes are loosened."

"Do I need a shrink?" Amanda asked.

"If you're asking, maybe you do. There's no shame in it. I saw one regularly for a year when I found out I was infertile," Yvette said.

Vince said, "we should all sleep on this. There's nothing to do tonight about any of this. Tomorrow's a new day; we should be at our best for it."

The three of them headed into the bedroom. They took turns in the bathroom and cuddled up to each other in the king-sized bed.

When Jeff got back to his and Brandi's room, Brandi was better composed. She was wearing a nightie. She greeted him with a crushing hug and a kiss.

"I'm so sorry for blowing your secret; I just couldn't sit there and let her trash you; she's a mean drunk," Brandi said.

"It was bound to come out eventually, babe, no major harm done," Jeff said, kissing her again.

"I thought you'd be mad at me," Brandi said, smothering him with a kiss.

"I'll pretend to be mad if you'll keep kissing me," Jeff laughed, "do you want me to spank you too?"

"Take me to bed or lose me forever," Brandi said.

"That line was terrible in the movie," Jeff said, picking Brandi up in his arms and carrying her into the bedroom. They were kissing each other as he walked. He lay her on the bed and announced, "I'm overdressed; give me a minute to catch up," he said as he started stripping his clothes.

When he finished, he joined her on the bed, and they started making love. After their passion was spent, they cuddled until they fell asleep.

The following morning, Jeff and Brandi ordered room service and had breakfast in their room. They were sitting at a table. They had a few hours to get ready before the events of the day would start.

"Any second thoughts, Brandi, before we tie the knot?" Jeff asked.

"I'm more sure of this one than I was the last one," she giggled, "And you?"

"No second thoughts whatsoever, it has been a strange trip, but I think the future is only going to get better," Jeff said, sipping his coffee.

Their small talk was interrupted by a knock on the door. Jeff put down his coffee, walked to the door, and opened it. Yvette and Amanda were at the door.

"Pardon our interruption, lovebirds, but Amanda needs to speak with you," Yvette said.

"Please come in," Jeff said. Jeff allowed them into the room. Yvette looked rested and refreshed, but Amanda looked as if she hadn't slept and had been crying. Yvette and Amanda sat on the edge of the bed, facing Brandi.

"Care for some coffee?" Jeff asked.

They both deferred the offer. Yvette opened the conversation, "Amanda has something to say from her heart to the both of you; she asked me along for moral support. Amanda?"

Jeff sat back down at the table. Amanda looked at them through tear-filled eyes. "I want to apologize for my behavior, not just last night, but for a long time. I've been wicked to both of you, and I shouldn't have been. I spent a restless night analyzing the past, and I'm not proud of it. I do know that I don't want to continue this way in the future. I want to be friends, someday may be best friends with both of you. I'm going to follow through on what you said to me, Jeff; I'm going to stop drinking. You were very brave, generous to give me a second chance for life, and I shouldn't squander it. Next week I'll be seeing a shrink for counseling. Yvette and Vince have pledged their support for me. If it's not too much, can I ask you two to get on board?"

Brandi got up and walked over to Amanda, where she wrapped her in a big hug. "We'll be here for you, Amanda." There was a friendly kiss. Jeff joined the two of them in the hug. "Life's too short to bear grudges," he said.