All Comments on 'Amber from Marketing, The Shallows'

by WaxPhilosophic

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I'll miss the two of them! Fantastic story, I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that I hope you'll be back with a new project soon!

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 4 years ago
As Amber said...

...it's perfect, absolutely perfect. Having seen Amber in all her 'bubbly' phases, we have now seen her at her most vulnerable and you managed to put a lump in this old devil's throat. Good to see the lovely girl on the difficult road to recovery and it's a bit sad that you're resting the two. Still, they deserve it. Lovely story, Wax.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowleralmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

It was nice too read a story about Danni looking after her girlfriend as Amber was ill and everyone seems to love Amber and Danni is deeply in love with Amber and looking after her when Amber is ill and the messages must have helped Amber too know people love her but Danni is deeply and spend her life loving Amber . WaxPhilosophic real life story beautiful hope more to come soon. xxx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Final episode

This installment really had the feel of a TV show finale, with all the guest actors from previous episodes making an appearance. The theme of the finale seemed to be an homage to the kindness which Amber embodies.

To see everyone returning the kindness that Amber poured out of herself each time she interacted with them was the perfect metaphor for Amber replenishing her drained energizer battery that represented her bipolar depressive phase. I could almost picture in my mind Ambers voltage meter going from no charge to fully charged as the energy in the messages of love from those she had shared a part of herself with kept flowing in.

And of course, there was Dani, the main conduit, providing the connection between Amber and the people returning her kindness.

Still, it wouldn't be a Dani and Amber story if there wasn't some humor to balance out the heavier emotional moments, and Ambers constant requests for Dani to "play the song again" referring to "The Shallows" and then torturing Dani with yet another horrible rendition was a dark comedy unto itself.

However, "The Shallows" was much more than just comic relief; the song also served as a way for Amber to express how she was feeling to Dani in a way that normal communication never could. It also allowed Dani to track Ambers mood by noting changes in her delivery each time she sang it. My favorite use of the song though, was when Amber seemed to be requestng it at regular intervals to see if Dani was still with her; it almost seemed like she was testing Dani, and due to the dark place she was in, expected Dani to abandon her. Of course that was never going to happen. It was.very emotional, picturing Dani always being there for the woman that had always been there for everybody else. Really beautiful imagery.

I also think I figured out the whole mind reading thing. The way it works is that, everytime Amber expresses her love to someone she actually gives a part of herself to them in the form of her spirit energy. That way she is permanently connected to them and they can subconsciously communicate with each other.

Is Ambers bipolarity a consequence of giving little pieces of herself away to those she loves?? The Magic 8 Ball says "It is very likely".

I can't wait to read more of their adventures once Dani has Amber fully rested and recharged.

Slurpy29Slurpy29almost 4 years ago

Simply perfect. Enjoy your time snuggling girls.

jenorma2012jenorma2012almost 4 years ago

very good series one of your better ones, as far as no sex goes some of the best stories on here does not have any sex, you are right it is more of the love and understanding one person has for the one they love that makes this story great. I hope Amber and Dani have a good rest and look forward to their return

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 4 years ago

They are In a good place. You can tell that (much like everyone else), the writer loves Amber and Dani. You've given us a gorgeous love story, and warmed my crabby, curmudgeonly heart.

Thank you for sharing your talents in this COVID isolated world.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54almost 4 years ago

Great story. Amber is lucky to have Dani. Tell them I love them both!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sweet

This was perfect. I have been wondering since the last chapter about how Amber would actually be in her low. This was probably a very accurate narration of the depressive episode of someone as sweet as Amber. Thank you.

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thanks to everyone who has read, and favorited, and left comments. Dani and Amber appreciate your kind words, as do I. --WP

amy821amy821almost 4 years ago
I will miss them but hopefully not for long

I've really enjoyed these stories, your sense of humour is just terrific. Hopefully we will get to see more of Amber and Dani in the future.

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppalmost 4 years ago
Well done

Very well done Wax. It was a lovely, sweet story. If only all the Amber's out in the real world had a Dani to help them through their low points. A very insightful story. Thank you for sharing them with us.

TheserialwaffleTheserialwaffleover 3 years ago

Yoo are serious business Miss. You start this last story with the “descending diacritical mark”! Wow! We’ve straightened in our chairs... and then you proceed with grace until the end. Yes I think we can leave them, Dani takes care of Amber taking the medication. We all have days like that but some have spikes higher than the median and lows lower than the most of us. Some are diabetic some are hypertensive, some have Other worse things, and the medications are far from perfect but it’s much better than 50 years ago, science is evolving. We aren’t perfect flawless creatures. We are humans, and the more creative, sometimes have a bitter self. Thank you for your Stories.

Air_DryAir_Dryabout 3 years ago

It’s definitely past my bedtime but I had to finish tonight. Such a great story and excellent writing.

My eyes are still damp. This past year has been such emotional upheaval for me and I’m sure I’m hardly alone. Maybe it’s all the stresses or maybe I’m finally in a modest way getting in touch with my feelings. Maybe all of the above. Thanks again DL. I certainly feel touched (and helped) in a way I’ve avoided in the past. I hope it gives you some sense of accomplishment you maybe didn’t expect.

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 3 years ago

Well done, Dani, taking such good care of your love! Well done, Wax, beautiful story.

Macsky1993Macsky1993over 2 years ago

I wanted to say thanks for this story line. I am also bipolar and can relate in so many ways. I have yet to find my Dani but it gives me hope that I might be able to find someone who can love all of me, crazy included. Just thanks!!

wibitriwibitriabout 2 years ago

Don’t know how I found this but glad I did!

Great story with a proper balance!!

Defs need more

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thank you.

arcfox420arcfox420over 1 year ago

You've spun a beautiful tale of love, well done!

ps

I'm not crying.. you are

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWaxPhilosophic@WaxPhilosophic
Miss Isabella’s Home for Stray Kittens has left and is now available exclusively as an ebook from JMS Books. https://www.jms-books.com/davina-lee-c-224_312/ * Other News... Tales from the Stream now has a glossary to help you keep the people, places, and things straight in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES