All Comments on 'Amber's Enslavement Ch. 08'

by dweaver999

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Happy endings all round

You have created an interesting world here and I am glad you have more planned. Thanks. -- UK CYNIC.

msprmmsprmover 15 years ago
very well done, but it doesn't feel finished

“There was another reason why use of the memory potion was adopted. When they had their memories, even slaves who willingly chose slavery, were less happy with their lives and were harder to train. The knowledge of what it was like to be free, to make your own choices about your life haunted those who chose this life. Amber may well experience periods of depression; or at least sadness for what she'd lost. He hoped that it wouldn't get so bad that the collar would put her to sleep before her time.”

This paragraph, more than any other in this story, haunted me as soon as I read it. This is the crux of the matter. No matter how benevolent the trainers, how valued the slave, she is still valuable only for her sexual prowess. The rest of her- her personality, intelligence, intellectual curiosity, sense of humor- everything that distinguishes one person from the other is not important. To lose the right to choose anything in your life from food to lovers runs counter to everything that makes us human. This is a separate issue from dominance and submission, or perhaps it is the extreme end of the scale, but this is what I find sad about this story. Despite the fact that she is treated well and seems to be taking the training regimen well, Amber does not want to be a slave. She is still conflicted even after she learns that slavery on Destran is vastly different from slavery in Ravenshore.

I will probably be screamed at by many of your readers, but I would like to see Amber find a master who loves her and who she loves in return and who encourages her to explore her interests and abilities and who supports her in every way. That is a true partnership, regardless of how else it is labeled, and in keeping with the character that is Amber, the only way that I think she could find true happiness, and indeed survive.

Please keep writing. Your stories are well written and keep me reading all the way to the end. Your characters are real people who I care about, and I have enjoyed reading (almost) every word regardless of whether or not I have agreed with your characters’ actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
So when ...

... will Amber be able to choose who she has sex with, and more importantly who she doesn't have sex with? Until then, she may be valuable, but she isn't really a *person*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good end to a good series!

Really well written, good story, hut sex. What more could you ask for?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Fantastic

I could not stop reading this!

i hated it when i got to the end!

could you please please write alittle more? about how she continues?

This is such a fantastic story and i dont want it to end!

thank you

X

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Praise to the new "god" of erotic writing.

You are a very talented writer. I first stumbled across your story, All Things to All People, from the first word I was hooked. I raced through those stories, Later when I did a random story search this series popped up. Upon seeing it was by the same author as All things... I doubted that someone could write something as good as before. Boy was I wrong!!! Your stories read more as something that would come out of a book, than be found online. Your great. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

beautiful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thanks!

This is about the third time i've read this story through in its intirety. I Love it! Thanks for the dedicated work of supplying us readers with quality work.

Rad'lRad'lalmost 13 years ago
An excellent story -

well done, good characterizations, and a plot that is off beat and mysterious. Combining BDSM with Sci-Fi and non-human was an excellent trick.

I enjoyed the story very much, thank you!

DryhillDryhillalmost 13 years ago
TOTALLY FANTASTIC

i really liked your Valerie series and thought they were the best erotic writings i had come across, well now i have found another story to equal the Valerie series. i am now looking forwarde to reading the next part of the Amber series.

Thank you very much for such an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
oh my god

this story is good... So good that it makes me feel like i'm at drestan, watching the story unfold from the sidelines. The paragraph on the memory potion makes me wanna tell the lord that it was the returned memories that "saved" amber from permanent sleep in the first place. excellent story please continue the "amber's enchantment" series too

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amber

The whole series was great. Now it's on to the next Amber series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That's a great story,well written and with a depth I dont find in many others stofies. Please keep them coming!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous