Amber's Summer of Love Ch. 02

Story Info
Amber and Sam struggle to do the right thing.
4.8k words
4.61
11.1k
2

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/08/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's comment: This continues the story of Amber and Sam and their first experience. Thank you for the feedback and kind comments. If you haven't already read Chapter One, please go back and meet the key players.

*

Picking themselves up off the sand, Sam and Amber walked hand in hand back to her summer cottage. Sam's pace was slow, hampered by a throbbing case of blue balls caused by their furious sex play on the sand. Amber had experienced the most mind-numbing orgasm of her young life but Sam forced himself to focus on Amber's pleasure at the expense of his own. He hurt but the evening was well worth the discomfort.

Amber turned to Sam and took his face in her hands, looking into his glistening brown eyes as her heart beat rapidly against her chest. "Sam, I cannot tell you how my life has changed in the few days since we met. Even before I knew your name or anything about you, you were changing me. I did drop my towel when you looked back at me. I couldn't believe it myself; there was something in your smile that told me you wouldn't take it wrong if I flashed you and for some reason I wanted to do it. No one other than my doctor and girls in phys ed had seen my body before I did that. And although I've made you feel bad about it I don't regret it at all. Because if I hadn't done that -- if I hadn't taken a chance and tried something totally outside my comfort zone -- I never would have met you. And I can't imagine my life without you in it. As crazy as it sounds after less than a week, I love you."

She gifted him with a deep, wet, soulful kiss. Sam moaned into her mouth as she ground her pubic bone against his throbbing hard-on.

"Amber, there's nothing crazy about the way you feel. I love you, too. And while everyone would tell us that it's impossible to love someone you've known for less than a week I'm certain that what I feel -- and what you apparently feel, too -- is real love. Let's not give the doubters anything to talk about. What happened tonight was as special as it could be. Your body, your breasts, your kisses all set me on fire. But if we don't get hold of ourselves and practice some self-control we'll ruin our individual futures and, with them, our future as a couple. And I don't want that to happen. I gave in to my emotions and your desires tonight and did something that excited me more than I've ever been excited before. But we can't do it again. I wouldn't be able to stop and you wouldn't want to stop me.

"Just love me, Amber, and let me love you. But let's take it slow sexually. It would be easy for me to say that we can be careful and it will be all right. It's what you want to hear and it's what I want to say so that we can be together as a couple. But it's too dangerous and the stakes for each of us and for us together are too high."

Amber couldn't see Sam through her tears. She'd started crying the moment that Sam affirmed his love for her and told her how much he wanted her but why he couldn't keep loving her like they did tonight. The tears were a mixture of joyful, loving tears for a man who was so caring, so sensitive that he'd put his own desires aside for her, and tears of sadness that what she'd experienced tonight wouldn't be soon repeated.

"I understand, Sam," she snuffled. "I don't like it and I know you don't like it either. But you're right. My mom's future was ruined when she got pregnant with me and I know it would just kill her if something like that happened to me. I don't know anything about sex so even if we were careful I imagine we could make a huge mistake without meaning to. And that would be horrible for me, for you and for us. So as much as I hate the idea, I'll go along with it. But I know I'm going to go to bed a lot of nights thinking pretty nasty thoughts about you."

With that, she kissed Sam deeply, shoving her tongue into his mouth and grinding her hips against his still-hard erection. The flashes of lightning that passed from his cock to her throbbing pussy almost made her renege on her vow. She pressed deeply against Sam, writhing in passion as her boyfriend began shaking with his own release, shooting jets of cum into his shorts as he pressed against her. His climax was so strong that he lost muscle control, stumbling and almost falling. Amber grabbed him under the arms and tried to support him. "Amber, I've never had an orgasm without any direct contact," he panted, recovering from his mind-numbing completion. "But that was the most incredible thing I've ever felt. Now I know we can't do what we did tonight; the minute I felt your bare breasts again I'd be all over you and nothing would stop us."

The couple kissed again, hungrily, almost as if they realized that tonight had been a milestone that wouldn't soon be repeated. Their kisses were passionate but loving, erotic but tender. Had anyone been watching they would have been captivated by the couple's obvious love for one another and their self-control; the passion went only so far and then each seemed to muster enough control to return to a safe level.

After long minutes of close-quarter affection, Amber and Sam reluctantly separated, still holding hands as Amber backed up the steps to her door. "I do love you, Sam," she whispered. "And I will try to behave. Just don't push me away."

Sam stretched to maintain the connection as the beautiful girl backed onto the porch. "I'll never push you away, Amber," he said. "I love you, too, and I'm committed to making our relationship the best ever. We both have a lot to finish before we can build a life together but I want you in my life now, too. We can behave if we keep remembering what we'll have at the end of the road."

Amber stumbled into her cottage, tears of joy and love blinding her. She didn't notice her mother in the shadows by the window and Jan watched silently as her daughter headed up the stairs to her room. Jan was troubled by what she had seen. Clearly these young people cared deeply for one another. And their body language said that they wanted more than a goodnight kiss at the doorstep. How could she keep them from making the biggest mistake of their lives?

Both women spent a sleepless night, Amber wrestling with her love for Sam and her body's craving for more intimacy and her mother trying to develop a plan to keep the young lovers apart while not driving a wedge between her and her daughter. By morning, neither had solved her problem and neither was rested. Both stumbled into the kitchen for coffee.

"Hi, pumpkin," Jan muttered, rubbing her eyes and stretching in an effort to coax her body into motion. "You look tired. Didn't you sleep well?"

Amber struggled to respond to her mother, "I just couldn't sleep," she said. "I was too wound up after my date."

Jan's alert system went active. "What happened?" she asked. "Did Sam do something? Are you all right?"

"No, mom, nothing happened. I told you you could trust us. It turns out that you probably can trust Sam more than me. I'm so in love with him that all I can think about is being with him in ways that I don't even really understand. But he's the sensible one, telling me to calm down and wait until we've finished school and gotten our careers started. That's what's driving me crazy: I can't stop thinking about having sex with him and he wants it too, but he has enough self-control to put our hormones on hold. I'm not sure I have that kind of discipline."

Jan was stunned. Here was her precious daughter telling her that it was Amber, not Sam, who wanted to push the envelope and put her future at risk. And she had been worried about the boy! "Darling, I'm sorry if it sounded like I mistrusted you. I've always believed you would do the right thing and that hasn't changed. I don't know Sam that well -- some might argue that you don't know Sam that well -- but if you trust him, so do I. I'd be dishonest if I said I wasn't happy to hear that he is putting the brakes on your excitement. I hate that you're unhappy but I'm delighted that he's focused on the future you can have together."

Jan framed her next comments carefully. "Sam may think he can keep you in check and you may believe it, too. But I know how strong that physical urge can be when you're 18 and in love. So I'm going to insist that you make an appointment with the doctor and get a prescription for birth control pills. And Sam will have to make carrying a condom part of his daily routine. I'm not encouraging you to become sexually active. I would like nothing more than to see you married as a 22-year-old virgin after you graduate from college. But if you and Sam are destined to be together, you'll never survive four years without becoming intimate. And when that happens, I want to know that it won't ruin your lives and your futures."

Amber began crying again, overwhelmed by her mother's love and concern. She reached out and pulled her mother to her, sobbing her love. "Mom, I promise to try my hardest to be that virgin bride for you. But I love you for wanting to protect me because you understand what I'm feeling for Sam. And thank you for not telling me we're too young and inexperienced to be in love."

Jan held her daughter tightly, her eyes welling with tears of her own as she thought about the little girl who was now all grown up and entering a new chapter in her life. "Darling, I'd never question you that way. It surprised me that you and Sam seemed so connected after just meeting but it's obvious to anyone who watches you together that you have something special. My only concern is that you aren't hurt if the relationship turns out to be less than you both believe it to be. If you are destined to be a couple, you know you'll have my blessing and support. I love you more than I could ever express and I'm delighted that you're happy and in love."

The two women swayed together in the kitchen, both lost in their emotions. They parted and turned toward the sink as they attempted to return to normalcy. But both were deep in thought, Amber wondering about the ramifications of her mother's comments and Jan concerned that she may have pushed her daughter toward intercourse while trying to protect her.

Amber decided she would spend the day on her own, away from Sam, to unravel how she and Sam could fulfill their own expectations and those of their parents while not losing the deep, abiding love that they shared. She told her mother that she was going window-shopping downtown.

She dressed and took the boardwalk shortcut to the town's main shopping area. It wasn't large by most community standards and much of it was taken up with tourist-oriented t-shirt shops and fast-food kiosks. Amber wandered aimlessly through the hardware store, her eyes taking in bins of fasteners and wall displays of hand tools but her mind focused on Sam and sex. A clerk asked if he could help her find something and she stared blankly at him. "Excuse me, miss, but is there something I can help you find?" the clerk repeated. "No thank you," Amber said, embarrassed that she'd been caught daydreaming. "I'm just looking." She continued up and down the aisles, staring at things she knew nothing about as she pondered her problem.

Fearing the clerk would suspect her of casing the store, Amber left and turned to the next store on the block, a fabric and craft shop her mother frequented but that she had rarely visited. Strolling in the front door she was surprised to see Melanie standing at a long table with bolts of fabric stacked in front of her.

"Melanie!" Amber shrieked. "Why aren't you working today?"

"It's Sunday, silly," Melanie said, turning to greet her new friend. "If you weren't so googly-eyed over my dumb brother you'd know the day of the week. Besides, this is work. I need fabric to sew swimwear. And I can't shop on days my store is open." She walked over and wrapped her arms around Amber. "What are you doing here? I didn't know you were into sewing."

Amber hugged Melanie tightly, her hands roaming up and down her friend's back as the girls bonded in the store aisle. Amber once again found herself stunned by the sharp sexual reaction to Melanie's slender body pressing against her. She backed off quickly, looking around as though they had been doing something sinister. Melanie looked questioningly at her brother's girlfriend. "What's wrong, Amber? Are you feeling all right?"

"I'm fine, Mel," Amber responded shakily. "It's just that every time I'm close to you I get a really strange feeling. I don't understand it and it scares me."

Melanie hugged her friend again and kissed her tenderly on the cheek. "Silly. You're just overwhelmed by my hot sexiness. It happens to everybody, male and female. I told you once that I love people and it doesn't matter to me whether they're male or female, gay or straight. And I also told you that I think you're incredibly hot. So it shouldn't be a surprise that you get all turned on when we're together. I just hope that you'll act on it sooner or later and jump my skinny bones."

Amber couldn't think of a response. She was stunned as always by Mel's frankness -- not unlike her brother's unsettling honesty -- and wasn't ready to admit that Melanie was right about how Amber felt. She giggled nervously and lightly turned Mel's comments away. "Silly, I could never be hot for you. I only get turned on by girls with really big boobs!"

Both girls erupted in laughter and the tension dissipated. They hugged, more platonically this time, and Melanie again asked her friend what she was doing in the fabric store. The seemingly innocent question brought Amber's mind back to her problem and she grew somber, her brow furrowed to fight back tears of frustration. Melanie noticed and immediately thought the worst. "Hey, my brother hasn't hurt you in any way, has he?" she asked, sweeping Amber into her arms in a caring hug. "If he has, I promise I'll make sure he never sires any children!"

"No, Mel, Sam is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me," Amber broke down, breathing deeply in an effort to retain control. "The problem is me, not him. He's such a terrific guy and I'm not sure I deserve him. I'm certainly not being fair to him."

"Let me buy you a cup of coffee or something so you can tell me about it," Melanie said. "I can't imagine why you would feel you weren't worthy of Sam; he's a nice enough guy -- and don't you dare tell him I said that -- but you're the first girl with brains that he's ever dated. If you two ever got into a battle of wits I know he'd lose."

The girls strolled arm in arm down the boardwalk, Melanie's fabric shopping forgotten as her concern grew for Amber and Sam. While she could not yet know the depth of their feelings it was obvious that they were fond of one another. Why that would cause such angst in Amber wasn't clear to Melanie. The pair arrived at an outdoor bistro and grabbed a table toward the back of the patio, near the storefront wall and away from boardwalk eyes (and ears). Settling in, Melanie cut straight to the chase. "All right now, tell me why talking about my brother brings you to tears. I know you two clicked because I see it in your eyes and in his. And he's more spacey now than usual, which is pretty spacey. So what's the deal?"

Amber looked at the pretty designer and let her mind drift back to when they first met in Melanie's small shop. Little did she know at that time that her life would become so tightly enmeshed with this family. Melanie's face grew concerned as she waited for Amber to speak.

"I love your brother and he loves me," she said. "It's hard to believe that we can be as deeply in love as we are in such a short time but believe me, it's real. I can't imagine my life without Sam in it and he's told me he feels the same way."

"So what's the problem?" Mel interrupted. "You guys are terrific together and know Sam doesn't have a prayer of finding anyone even close to you."

"Melanie, don't interrupt me again please," Amber said, only partly teasing. "This is really difficult for me and if I can't just get it all out at once I'll chicken out and won't share it with you. And I need someone to hear it."

Melanie apologized and fell silent, afraid that her new friend would stop her story and secretly hoping the story would be a hot one that would fuel her fantasies. A summer of setting up and running the shop had obliterated her sex life and she was willing to take anything she could get, even lurid tales that involved her brother.

"So, anyway, Sam and I are in love. Last night we went for a walk on the beach and things got pretty out of control. We were about as close to sex as you can get without actually doing it ..." Amber paused, wondering how much detail she should share with Sam's sister. She decided to generalize somewhat to spare Sam any familial embarrassment and to keep their new intimacy private. "It's not that we did anything too lewd or anything. But it was really intense and it made both of us realize what could happen as our relationship grows. Sam actually has better self-control than I do; if he hadn't put on the brakes I probably would have raped him."

"Whoa! I promised not to interrupt but the image of someone raping my brother is more than I can handle without comment!" Mel said, trying to inject some levity into a conversation that was deeper than any she had ever had. "I do understand how you might feel that way -- I can remember a few times when we were a little younger that I entertained thoughts of jumping his bones, too. He's a lot hotter than he realizes. Maybe that's why it's easier for him to put on the brakes than it is for you."

Amber shot a look at her friend. "I should be shocked that you've thought about having sex with your brother," she said. "But you're the most sexual person I've ever met, sexy and sex-aware. I am surprised, though, that you'd think Sam was unaware of how sexy he is, especially since I already told you how we met and what he said about seeing me naked. I think he knows how he affects women -- I certainly know he's aware of what he does to me -- but he's such a nice guy that he doesn't take advantage of it."

Melanie laughed at her friend's serious analysis of her brother. "C'mon, babe. Sam's a guy; he'd jump on any opportunity to get his rocks off. And he's seen you naked, which should just add fuel to his young male hormones. When you were so upset I thought it was because you guys were already doing the big nasty and you regretted it. Since that's not the problem I still don't know what's making you so upset. Are you telling me you want to screw my brother and he's telling you 'no'?"

"Well, he's not saying no," Amber said haltingly. "But he's telling me we have to wait until we're out of school and have our futures secured before we get sexually involved. And I don't know if I can wait. When I'm with him all I can think about is sex even though I've never done it before. And while I know he wants me that way too, he's being cautious. He says if we start he won't be able to stop and he doesn't want sex to ruin our future together. My mom is worried about us -- she missed out on college because she got pregnant with me during a summer romance -- but she understands that we really do love one another. So she's insisting I go get a prescription for birth-control pills and that Sam carry condoms with him to protect us against an accident. I am so confused that I decided I'd take this afternoon to figure out what I really want."

Not wanting to make her new friend's situation more uncomfortable, Melanie carefully crafted her response. "I wish I had your problem, Amber. I know that sounds mean and flippant and I don't mean it to sound that way. But I've never cared for anyone the way you obviously feel about my brother. And from what you say -- and from the way he's acting -- it's pretty clear that he loves you deeply, too. You already know what you want but you're trying to get someone to tell you it's all right if you and Sam have sex right away. I'm not going to do that. I think your mom is on the right track -- try your best to maintain control until your futures are secure but prepare for any eventuality. And if you get super-horny, come find me. I'll be glad to take the edge off for you."

12