All Comments on 'An Absence of Trust'

by Gumbo25

Sort by:
  • 207 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

A Republican in the most fascist, left wing Democrat city in the world??? COME ON!

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

God damn I get so sick and tired of the bullshit, 'my instinct was to go to her and hold and make her feel safe'

This guy was floating between a pussy simp and an actual man.

lujon2019lujon201916 days ago

re·venge

/rəˈvenj/

noun

the action of inflicting hurt or harm on someone for an injury or wrong suffered at their hands.

Bunch of people said how could you say there was no revenge

Robert shot himself, our hero did nothing

/

Tiffee went on the lam, after being investigated for embezzlement, an investigation that started before he fucked the slut - again our hero did nothing

/

But what about the fall down the stairs you ask? That was engineered so he could "catch" them as he walked in the door, he didnt intend for that level of injury and revenge is about intent

/

The whore, he told his friends the truth about the whore being a whore, that isnt revenge, one of his freinds was a journalist, she did her job. Bitching to a friend who did their job is NOT revenge

114FSO114FSOabout 1 month ago

To quote the Beetles, "Bang Bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer Came Down On Her Head".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

What a wonderful story of a 'smart jock' who does really well by using his brain. Hope for him?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

i'd like to see a re-written ending with more btb. also, ol' Robert got off way too easy.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

good, but long, story. i might like a different ending by someone though... she needs to be way more burned and ol' Robert got off way too easy...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The real Apple Cup is a serious as a heart attack. Of course all the games in the now Defunct PAC-10 were. Oregon - Oregon State, Cal - Stanford, USC - UCLA and Arizona - Arizona State were ALL hardcore battles.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You could have made this a whole lot shorter if you'd skipped the interminable descriptions of American football matches, the real estate industry and the numerous business deals most of which added nothing to the story, merely interrupted it's flow and the building tension.

When you concentrated on the meat of the story it was an excellent read but too bad you kept allowing yourself to be dragged off subject.

/

"One thing for sure, if I found out she had fucked Tiffie it was over". WTF? She had already crossed more lines than any sane person could be expected to accept, sex was no more than the culmination of her already ongoing deceit.

/

Robert's suicide didn't really sit well with me as he simply wasn't written as the kind of person who would throw in the towel so easily. Those gripes aside, it was a solid four star work. JR

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Would have appreciated more suffering for Robert. Being a bully I doubt he had the strength of character to kill himself, especially as he wasn't looking at financial or social ruin.

The MC had so many things he could have said that would have put Robert in his place, such a lost opportunity for real revenge.

Its very strange that Robert had the power in the firm to bring in Brandon, stranger still that Brandon spent almost all his time on a political campaign, living rent free in a company flat, where did he get the time to work or even defraud his supposed clients? How come at the end of the day Robert is shown not to have the amazing role at the company that we've all been led to believe. He's so low down on the pecking order that he didn't even get a heads up that the MC was coming on board.

I would definitely have liked to see the final confrontation where the MC laid it all out for Maddy, how she'd risked all for so little gain and how she'd lost everything. Because, her professional and political credibility were both tanked. Hard work and good luck might save her professional career, though doubt it'd ever be as bright again due to lingering trust issues, but politically no one would touch her with a barge pole. Her behaviour and intimate connection to a criminal would be used at ever opportunity by her opponents.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

There really wasn't enough of making Robert suffer, suicide is just an easy cowards way out. There could have been plenty of scope for himiliating him prior to the meeting on the office.

I'm not being funny, but Roberts position in the company didn't seem high enough to warrent a serious political career, and too high for something part time and trivial like being a local councillor.

Real life shows that politicians have affairs, and even during election time, but this one just seemed to be too little to be gained for zero benefit with too high a price to pay if all went wrong.

If it were a man I'd have no trouble believing that they banged their intern, I'd also say campaign manager but tbh I'd bet that the majority of them are men. But as for an Inteligent politically motivated woman, call me cynical but I suspect she'd only do it for very clear and defined benefits... things I'm having difficulty believing Tiffee could provide. Tbh finding it hard to believe that any women could have sex with someone with such a stupid name.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Hey commenters it's 2024, no one needs, wants or uses PI's for divorce these days. They're not needed because proof isn't needed for a NF 50/50 divorce. In fact it's only the cucks that want to see their wife being railed by another man that would want to hire a PI.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Really ought to have a homoerotic tag to warn potential readers that it was about lame sportspeople.

Sportspeople especially the kind of stupid that play American football have a terribly high rate of bankruptcy.

@ anon, with only 4m you'd be hard pushed to get 10% from a safe investment strategy and taking out the interest to fund life makes for a rapidly depreciating capital. Yes for 'normal' people 4m is still more than they'll ever earn in a lifetime, but money burns a hole in ones pocket and toys need to be bought... almost any wife would burn through a good chunk of that in no time or at the very least bury it in a MC Mansion and the taxes thereafter.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well done. One serious flaw is making to MC so willingly clueless and also willing to tolerate the disrespect and neglect at his wife's hands. The guys loaded so he could have hired a PI.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters5 months ago

The fall of Tiffee, seemed familiar.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The guy is a lightweight for pro football, even high school tight ends are 50-70 lbs heavier.

A few pictures of the naked Tiffee would have gone far in the papers and maybe in court

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright5 months ago

Newspaper should report the news not push support fo the candidates they like. That's what wrong with the news today.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I wish you had not portrayed Billy as a witless, unperceptive was with regards to his

Constant proof of Madeline's departure from the marriage, ESPECIALLY after he saw her go into Tiffany hotel and NOT come home until the next day. In reality he would have hired a PI and had the goods on here in a week. Also, while quite clever, the fishing line was unnecessary. In this case PHOTOs would have been more lethal for both.

ALSO, in a divorce action ons attorney will tell their client to have no contact in an area where the spouse can later alleg illegal behavior on the other. HE SAID SHE SAID WILL KILL YOUR CASE.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

When his football career ended he had 4,00,000.00 in investments. At 10% interest that's $400,000/year. So, he has look for a job. Dear author, you need to avoid errors like that. They create a " oh, ya gotta be joking" stumbling block for the reader. That said, good story!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story. No way to forgive a multimonth affair with the asshole, regardless of how it was engineered by her maniacal father. She is delusional and doesn't even really apologize beyond one vague sorry (vague meaning sorry about what exactly), instead she just thinks they can move on.

Worse she clearly cares for Tiffee. It isn't just sex. At least from her side it is an emotional connection with splash of romance. Her husband faded to the background while she was seduced by power and her insecure daddy issues.

Yeah she compartmentalized her affair with Tiffee and wrapped it up with her father's adulation and approval and the campaign (though good luck as a Republican in Seattle, maybe City Attorney but no way Mayor), but so what. She fell for Tiffee and killed her marriage to Billy. Billy was pretty clueless for a long time. He should have hired a PI, weeks earlier. She was so focused on the campaign and her affair that she did little to cover up her feelings as she drifted away from her husband.

She never gets an opportunity to show contrition before served. But she wastes what opportunities she had either focusing on the final days of the campaign, upset that he spoke to the Seattle Times, or just convincing herself they can move on.

I kind of believe her when she says that it was their last time and was to be over with the campaign. First her compartmentalization motif. At least I think she really believed that. Now in reality who knows. With her father involved and pushing Tiffee and her together and deriding Billy, she might have picked back up after a break, when she found that her marriage was bumpy. Again I believe that she really believed it, but she was also delusional. So go figure.

Liked that Chrissy was married with kids. Life isn't that easy. Billy screwed up years ago. Plenty if NFL players have marriages.

Liked the evolution of Ryan. Didn't like what happened with Dallas and Leslie and hoe long Billy took to react. Ryan knee what a turd blossom he was becoming and how much his dad screwed him up. Didn't mind Robert's suicide. He was living through his daughter who was now a social pariah. She probably off oage despised her father and rejected him. His plans for Maddy were all in ruin. He treated Ryan like crap for ages and Ryan spurned him also. Suspect that he knew about Tiffee's irregularities and that his own finances we in trouble, let alone possibly being dragged into an investigation. Also Billy won out with the prenuptial. Tore down the campaign and ended his daughter's political career, and now in the newly merged company Billy was being rewarded and coming in over the top of Robert et al. Ultimately Robert being a narcissist (he doesn't love Maddy, she is worshipper and acolyte and confidante that every NPD afflicted person needs) had now experienced failure on multiple fronts. Splash in some depression and he offs himself.

Btw to the junior CSI types. Why woukd the fire department get involved. Guy dashed out in the dark and fell. He claims he was tripped. There is no proof.of anything. The police might investigate (dubious). So they find fingerprints on thr light bulb. It is his house. He lives there. Could have been put on the bulb at any time. Even if they suspected anything, no DA will press charges. Be serious. Also.yes she might have run downstairs. But why? She has to stay and get cleaned up and try to fix the bed. Tiffee has to flee and get out asap. Probability is high that the illicit lover is the one who bolts. Fishing line worked well. No trace. Pretty much guaranteed to succeed. Maybe if he broke his neck and was paralyzed and/or died, then rtheir would be more investigation. Even then hard to prove he knew about the affair. So motive is hard to prove. No clue on means. No evidence. Speculation. No way to prove that Tiffee even turned on the light switch before he bolted. No way to prove. Ergo, unless Billy becomes a dumb ass, no charges. You do realize nearly half of all murders go unsolved, yes? CSI on TV is feel good TV for those demanding justice. It barely reflects the real world.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There is one consistent theme in “ Loving wives” on Literotica. Regardless of how bad the wifey screws over her husband, she expects him to take her back. Although I am sure there are a few husbands out here who decide it’s “ cheaper to keep her”, I believe the majority would dump her azz. And how fitting, that she was a rescrublican. The only party that tried an armed resurrection against our democracy, And continue to lie, about the election being stolen. As my grandmother used to say” Good riddance, to bad trash!”. 5 stars.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

What a storyteller! This is immersive writing, which is necessary to keep me interested for 11 pages.

Cracker270Cracker2709 months ago

Excellent character development. So good that I was pulling for Maddie to clean up her act right up to the end.

Good story even better writing

DeanofMeanDeanofMean9 months ago

Wow, sorta saw it coming, but I mean it's in loving wives, what did ya think was going to happen? Thing is her dismissive attitude right from the start not necessary towards him, I thought you were setting him up for some weird cuck thing, glad that didn't happen. So many great side stories you could explore too interesting characters are worlds are hard, you got that down pat hope you keep it going;.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I really enjoyed this well-rounded story with all its elements of a real life: family drama, careers, friendships, romance, even real estate and politics. Ryan, in particular, had an interesting character arc.

It was a bit sad, but not unexpected, that the woman he had rejected to pursue his football career had started a life without him. Ironic, actually, considering that he had put his aside his own needs to support his wife’s career. I’m not sure why he couldn’t have pursued a football career and marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not good... Too many characters, too many side stories. Yes, it's too long but not because of it's length but because it's all over the place.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I won’t vote on this story because I only read the first page and the last. The first first page, with all the football play-by-play, bored me almost to tears. So I just skipped to the last page only to see how the story ended. Evidently I missed a lot because the last page didn’t make much sense. Didn’t really matter though, I’d already made the decision to just bail.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well, that ending.. a little too dramatic don't you think?

mainer42mainer429 months ago

great read. no nitpicking here

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The biggest piece of fiction was any Republican having any shot at winning any office in Seattle. The last Republucan mayor was elected in 1964, nesrly 59 years ago.

Was wondering how you were going to resolve Chekov's Chrissy. While her being available would have given a potential HEA, it could have added even more length to an already lengthy story so I understand your choice.

Thanks for the time and effort you put into giving this to us.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit9 months ago

That was an interesting story...the only thing I didn't like was how long it took him to figure out that she was cheating and having an emotional affair before that. His emotions before that were well demonstrated, but I felt like he went flat too long. Well written!!

GladstonGlieseGladstonGliese9 months ago

A Republican having a more than even chance to win public office in Seattle. I love fiction.

Joking aside, in spite of a few times when I was jarred by the protagonist's decisions in the moment, good story.

LickideesplitLickideesplit10 months ago

First Grinch … If the incumbent City of Seattle Attorney’s crime policies are compromising the citizens of Seattle (and Hubby believes Sweetie is sincere regarding the policies she espouses) then Hubby needs to consider the MUCH greater picture. He could postpone any action which might endanger her election. That includes him sleeping in the same house (but not same room.). It behooves him and his business and his bodily to optimize safety for millions in their city. It was a matter of less than a week, but the rationale would stand if it were an entire term.

Smaller grinch is about pronouns in multiple subject or object sentences. For example

“John and HER went to the zoo.”

The simple deciding trick is to remove the noun(her) and substitute the other pronoun choice (she).

SHE went to the zoo…It sounds better than … HER went to the zoo.

There were several abuses of this rule.

Hubby took a high risk in setting up a fall for Asshole. The possible results were too uncontrollable. If a death by broken neck, it would be incommensurate to the planned seduction. A compound fracture in suspicious circumstances would probably have the Fire-Fighters calling the Police. Hubby was not cited as taking his prints of the lightbulb. Sweetie may have been the one to run down the stairs … not likely but neither was it controlable.

Last observation… Hubby was adamant about not wanting to lose ownership, then boom - 67 percent.

4*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good, but the father, kind of, marred it for me. A little too cliche. Besides, that guy ain't gunno kill himself.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A major, and I mean just that, is giving the MC jello for a spine.He should have flat out booted Dallas on day 1 of his return. Worse, he let Dallas humiliate Leslie. Absolutely spineless Upto that point he appeared to be a nice guy who, nonetheless, you didn't want to mess with. Introducing that flaw ruined the character and I dumped your story.

You do write well but your characters behavior has to reflect the person he is. Failing to do that, in my opinion, as well a reader, will send me running to another story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The job of an author is to tell a story. This is done by using language which paints a picture the reader can see in their mind. Gumbo25 does an excellent job of this. I read this story with the attention I would give to a Baldacci or Clancy novel. I really look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well written and an enjoyable read .

Still , for all that , I would have liked there to have been a bit more drama regarding divorcing Maddy . And how about the FBI catching up with Tiffee ... more drama there .

And if Robert hadn't shot himself ,..... !! There's a whole part 2 waiting to be written based on the ending of this story .

4 * . More please .

miket0422miket042210 months ago

Second time reading to refresh my memory before reading the new chapter. Still very entertaining and easy to read.

This time through I noticed things I missed the first time. Billy & Maddie were both very shallow characters. From r that matter their relationship was very shallow as well.

The author spent more time telling us about the squatters than he did developing the relationship between Billy & Maddie.

They were together what about 5 years? And he never got around to telling her what he was worth? Even after having to sign a prenuptial agreement before they got married? Maybe of Maddie knew things like that she'd better understand why Billy went to work so late and was always unshaved and wore grubby sweats. Maybe she isn't so impressed by Brandon's sharp suits and fancy haircut. Why wouldn't he ever mention helping Ryan out when he was getting his ass kicked?

So, Billy never found the right time to tell Maddie important things.

Maddie thinks she's a powerful, modern woman but, she's an insecure Daddy's girl who runs for an office she's only vaguely interested in to get Daddy's approval. She lets herself fall into an affair because she sees that Daddy will approve. She gives Billy s big speech early on about how important honesty and integrity are to her. She runs her political campaign on being honest yet, has no personal concept of what honestly and integrity actually are.

Like I said, very underdeveloped and shallow characters.

Don't get me wrong, I still very much enjoyed reading the story.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6310 months ago

Very well written story. Maddy got seduced by power and was enjoying it, that is until she got caught. The father is a real piece of work. Karma is a bitch they say...

inka2222inka222210 months ago

I'm changing my last grade from 5 to 3 stars since the author decided to completely destroy any BTB benefit of the story by writing a whiney RAAC chapter 2 :( For those who didn't read that crap yet, read this first chapter **and stop**. Don't read the garbage chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I can not believe with all his SMARTS Billy could be so dumb for so long about his wifes activities Other wise a good story

enderlocke77enderlocke7710 months ago

"And you think you can provide for her the lifestyle that she is accustomed to and support her in her career as she continues to advance?" He asked, a smirk spreading across his face. at this point isnt she living alone in a condo with her 1 person income? this makes that character look really stupid

PencarrowPencarrow10 months ago
POWER AND HUBRIS - A CHEATING COMBINATION

I'm reading this again now that Gumbo25 has just added an extra chapter (which I'll read next). This is still a great story, and I can't help but compare the quality of the plot and writing to all the willing cuck dreck that appears every day in LW (I know, it's probably not a fair comparison because I never read those stories, but I do note the scores and often read the comments to know what I didn't miss). Thanks Gumbo25, 5 stars easily again.

SatyrDickSatyrDick10 months ago

[22.07.23]

Top Shelf!

11/10!!!!!

inka2222inka222211 months ago

@Comefindme - "What happened to his brother?" Hopefully he got at least some inheritance (though knowing his sperm donor, who knows) but he still has a decent job and wasn't too heartbroken by sperm donot's death.

/

"To Billy?" - OK, this is legit, I'd like to see a second part with his future too, but this was a nice place to close out a story, logical, and with a closure.

/

"To Maddy?" - See my last comment, first of all who cares? Second of all, she got a full dose of BTB aside from inheriting daddy's $$$, her 3 or even 4 main things in life are gone AND she didn't get a single cent off of her husband thanks to pre-nup.

/

"Why did a successful man with a family blow his brains out for no reason?" - as the author clearly explained, he was a pompous self-important bully and as such, a coward. Billy won on ALL counts in confrontation with him - he destroyed his ambitions, he destroyed his golden boi, he physically intimidated him at the restaurant, and in the end he became **his boss** - so ritchie-boy took the predictable cowardly way out to escape the humiliation and the pain of his arrogance being destroyed. Was it stupid, cowardly, and dumb as fuck? Sure. "no reason"? Not true, basic psychology. Plus it's the author's story and as a main villain (or one of 2 main villains with his daughter) of the work, he deserved bad karma, and this is the worst.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

What an amazing BTB! Thank you!

@anon - arsehole's will need his balls in prison, leave his balls alone! :P

Don't know why other whine and complain. What happened to Billy? He got ready to find the next woman in his life. He's sad but happily not broken. What happened to Madeline? Who the hell should care what happened to traitorous faithless bitch? She got her just desserts (elections lost - the second main thing she cared about [check]; her precious piece of shit daddy offed his cowardly self - the first main thing she cared about [check]; and her image as a trustworthy person tarnished - the third thing in her priority - gone. Oh, and her marriage to Billy, which maybe possibly was her first priority is also gone, as is his love for her. The only thing she still has is her Daddy's $$$, but realistically speaking, she couldn't have been deprived of that in the story). Once the BTB is done, her future fate is irrelevant. Hopefully she'll live a lonely unhappy life, but the fate and happiness of the main character is the only thing that should matter.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Feels unfinished, would have to see the broken legged arsehole get more punishment particularly to his balls, been nice to have smacked Robert a couple of times as well

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The ending was a bit weak tbh fam. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A loooong way to go for that ending.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd212 months ago

The ending sort of fizzled and died.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Can only rate this a 3. Pretty obvious why. Most comments are what I was going to write. What happened to Billy? What happened to Madaline? Etc. The story was good but the ending was rushed, lazy and imo incomplete. Maybe the next story you write you'll focus a little bit more on the ending rather than finish it in a really lazy way.

CHUCK2468

SnakeeyesASSnakeeyesASabout 1 year ago

Please follow this up with a sequel. We need to know what happens to Billy in the future. This was a great story but it feels incomplete.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

In all of this, there were maybe two pages of Femdom agitprop plot. The rest of it is useless and forgettable.

ComefindmeComefindmeabout 1 year ago

Pretty good for 80% of it, but the ending felt incredibly rushed, pretty much none of the plot points panned out and it just felt phoned In.

What happened to his brother? To Billy? To Maddy? Why did a successful man with a family blow his brains out for no reason? Took the story from a solid 5 to a 3 for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The fantasy part is the bit about a Republican having a chance at winning City Attorney in Seattle in that time period. The last time a Republican won the county prosecutors race was a guy named Chris Bailey (I think that was the last name). Slade Gorton was AG at the time, which must have placed Bailey in the 70s.

There's a lot to like in this story...interesting plot and good character development.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Whatever happened to his ex?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You don't go from red-faced anger to suicide in minutes. That's just wrong.

HemmingswayHemmingswayabout 1 year ago

Gumbo great job on this one, easy 5* Some have commented that the protag should have been more forceful in having the "talk" with his wife and was a wimp for not doing so. I saw it more as a way to keep the tension building in the story. There was a good deal of drama from that thread an others that gave the story good weight. This is too often missing in this category. The story comes to a head very quickly in the climax and has a very dramatic ending (that I won't spoil here). Perhaps the climax came on a little too quickly?

If you liked this work I would highly recommend Gumbo's "Secret Beach" & "Alii Drive" both great stories with scenes set in Hawaii. I really appreciate when an author has some consistency in their work. It can make the reader feel connected to the work like the great StangStar06!

6King6Kingabout 1 year ago

Would like to see this one finished. Billy deserves his HEA.

rbloch66rbloch66about 1 year ago

In response to comments about the suicide, it made perfect sense. Robert, having to report to Mike would have been the kiss of death for his ego. He was so full of bluster and arrogance, not to mention a bully. Not only was he put in his place, he was moved well past the point where he could save face. With his constant red face, he was going to die of a heart attack soon, even if he didn’t kill himself. I think the shooting was, ultimately, a mercy killing. Just glad he didn’t try to take Mike out. - Maddie was flakey and dismissive right from the start. Their whole relationship was always going to be about her, with Mike as a supporting minion. I couldn’t really relate to all of the football related content at the beginning. I skipped right past most of that. Keeping the sports angle shorter would not have detracted from the story in the slightest. An interesting storyline, but disappointing for the most part. Pretty anti-climactic.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

A very well told story, it flowed smoothly and kept my attention resulting in my always looking ahead for the next happening. It was also fun to recognizing all the places our author and his character were talking about as I have lived in the Seattle area since 1959. I also lived in West Seattle for several at first in public housing in the early 60s the later owned a house near West Seattle HS. Talk about appreciation I only paid $6300 for it in early 70 was forced to sell in the early 80s for $60K after a remodel it was later appraised for $750K, that's right $750K. Life goes on and the appreciation continues. If you don't have $100K in the bank don't bother looking for house around here. If you did find one in Seattle you would have to fight your way thru the camped out homeless to in your front door.

robinhodrobinhodover 1 year ago

Credit where due. Enormous amount of work. Extremely competent writing.

Couldn't believe how the main characters changed. She abused trust. He sold himself to the corporate world. (Did he expect to work a 20 - 30 hour week, and work on his house?)

I eventually got to the end. Hard work. Didn't get a lot out of it. Won't be reading any more.

jmmj5jmmj5over 1 year ago

Well done. My favorite work of yours.

A couple of small things:

- While I didn't mind the length, another commented that the amount of time spent on the confrontation (from when she slept with Slick until the divorce papers) was small relative to the rest of the story.

- Given the expressly stated importance of trust, there was never a confrontation with her about it. Only "I no longer trust you." Seems like a missed opportunity.

- I also agree with others that the suicide didn't make sense.

Overall, I really liked this and look forward to your next one. Very well, written. Congrats.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed it, but for such a long story the meat of it felt rushed. Could have spent less time on the pre and early marriage part and fleshed out the post cheating a bit. No idea what happened to her, really no idea what drove her to that when her tagline in life had always been trust. Seeems the could have been some flashing out of her in general turmoil on that as wrll as more on his pointing that out to her

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anxiously waiting for the next chapter. Great read.

G

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

He was wealthy enough to hire a PI, why would he wait when he was so sure. And the father killing himself? A little over the top.

Also, her whole schtick was Trust. When she blew it up, it didn't make sense that she expected Billy to simplyh overlook it.

Anyway, good read. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story …. Really like your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, the stars don't work but I gave it four. I liked the fishing line. Great idea. Well written. Good story line . Keep writing.

XYZ

icemn67icemn67over 1 year ago

Great story! However the story needs a couple additional chapter. PLEASE continue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this story a lot. THANKS

This story seems to be so true to life.

I have read some of the comments; just like politics -

You can't make everyone happy and anytime you get over 50%

of the readers approval, Your a genius. NO FISHING LINE HERE- (RCD = my initials)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

another story where the husband knows of the cheating but does nothing until far too late. Same outcome I guess, but why wait?

dawg997dawg997over 1 year ago

Well done! The UW/WSU rivalry is part of the local culture, has been since, well, forever.

One note, I would have liked to hear more from Maddie about her indiscretion. But my wish is trivial in the overall story, which is excellent.

Tarloso2Tarloso2over 1 year ago

Really enjoyed it.. kinda strange about the suicide but the story needs another chapter.... urgently.....PLEASE

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Marriage occurs at page 6, when theme is "problems in marriage"

Seriously.

Complete boaring read.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 1 year ago

Good stuff! It flowed really well and I saw no issue with the length! I did appreciate the warning about the long story. Overall well worth the reading time.

If you write a follow up or continue with characters definitely be reading it!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

Excellent. If you write another chapter, I’ll definitely read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story! Would love a part 2 continuing the evolution of Billy's life both professionally and personally; including the development of a new relationship or perhaps even a reconciliation. I would like to see additional punishment administered by Billy upon Brandon.

G

DazzyDDazzyDover 1 year ago

Unless you own a Tesla, you have to keep your hands Ethel wheel! fiction…5 plus. Always good stuff…

grey228grey228over 1 year ago

Good effort. Boring read.

▪︎ Not a football fan; even if I was, the local game is more of a local thing.

▪︎ The housing price appreciation is a result of high demand in a small geographic area (the urban centers, especially on the Left Coast) with restrictive (and tiresome) zoning ordinances and environmental regulation hampering building and development.

▪︎ Same with the squatters. Left Coast inhabitants know this as "rent control" and "renters' rights".

When the anarchists created their "autonomous zones", I applauded the inaction being forced on enforcement and emergency services. You get what you vote for / put money in / don't participate in the local management of your village (even of it's just your street).

Can't wait. Rectification is #SOON

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

So much good to this story. Taking away a political victory seemed a good burn. Based on hours and money spent to force a new character to politics. I agree with Larry how it would be nice to see Ryan step in after the suicide. I'm glad it didn't end with a new relationship and also the lack of the word 'incredulously'. Both are used too many times in LW, BtB and RaaC. 5/5

Nato_

leofric35leofric35over 1 year ago

Good story five stars from me. Like others I would love to hear more about Billy and possibly ( I know I run a risk here😉) Maddy even reconciling. Can’t help it but sometimes I want people to be happy in a LW story!!! Well done and thanks for the hard work.

Crusader235Crusader235over 1 year ago

"let's go Brandon"! Sorry he didn't break his neck. Great story, five stars.

Moonbat74Moonbat74over 1 year ago

Really well written. I hope the story is continued further.

Frankly I would like to see Maddy suffer a lot more for her betrayal, and some kind of future for old mate. Maybe Richie's new finance has a sister?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A Republican favored to win in Seattle city politics? Hmmmm.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasover 1 year ago

Extremely well written as usual for this author. I found the suicide at the end a little abrupt and inconsistent with the personality of the character the author created. I would have had Robert resigning and leaving with the son taking his place, happy to come into his own working with Billy. Chrissy could have brought a friend to the lunch meeting to introduce to Billy and the story ends with the possibility of him developing relationship with this new woman. Just a few suggestions that may or may not be better than the way this excellent writer crafted this wonderful story. As usual, I thank you for sharing your talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the story, but the suicide was unnecessary, if you think about it, what was his reason, other than his daughter losing the election, he was still wealthy nothing had changed in his life.

Thanks for the time and effort. KS

lv2travel2lv2travel2over 1 year ago

I think the story was well written and creative.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Well done!

Interesting and entertaining.

The plot was tight and believable.

Well done Gumbo25.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I simply know longer trust you." Really? Editor?

Norseman123Norseman123over 1 year ago

Good story a bit long winded but very enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The father killing himself wasn’t realistic. Egotistical loons don’t ever commit suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well written. The story moved well and was clearly creative. I liked the twist at the end. You did well.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

All in all a very well told story, which sometimes lacked tension for me. Still, you wrote an entertaining story! 5*!

OnethirdOnethirdover 1 year ago

Other than the cheap shot with the lesbian girlfriend pretending to be his squeeze, it was excellent. I don’t like when people twist the knife more than necessary. It would be better to just tell her her requirement of trust applied to him just as much, and walk away. For a woman who spent a life ignoring lotharios trying to get into her pants, she really failed with the shiny tooth guy.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 1 year ago

after reading some other comments, I thought I make a second point. I'd love to see a second part too. It doesn't look like Gumbo is into writing sequels though. I could even see the sequel being a RAAC provided Maddy REALLY suffered and learned her lesson. also agree with Tajfa. How does the dad bring in all of those donors with a TYPICAL sales/investment job?

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 1 year ago

5* i thought it was a great story. it invoked emotion at times. even the ending was solid. i guess I felt Maddy got off easy. yes, that's my criticism. you can't have that many pages building her up and then her betrayal of Billy, it simply felt weak. just not talking to her, serve her papers, let her "think" something and done.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

I liked it, nice twist at the end, though l would’ve liked a happier ending. I do like my heroes getting their rewards at the end to make up for the pain.

Sometimes if you have an epilogue at the end which covers the future, it is a great vehicle for sewing up all the loose ends. In this case Billy finding a loving partner to share his life.

Scores 5/5 well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story, long but flowed perfectly. I’m glad the ended seem more real then. The guy gets his new love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That’s the way professional people feel entitled and totally arrogant. They think they will never get caught and are better than everyone else. Me personally would not be built for a relationship with a woman who was always away from home with others and traveling for business. Some wouldn’t mind but definitely not gor my prehistoric personality

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous