All Comments on 'An Accidental Family'

by CleverGenericName

Sort by:
  • 264 Comments
AnnaValley11AnnaValley112 months ago

What a great debut story - congratulations on the characters, storyline and dialogue.

Please keep writing - I would love to see how the story ends

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great first story. Eagerly waiting for your next stories. 5 🌟

roetilicaroetilica2 months ago

A sequel would do well, with JT and Jen perhaps adopting Lisa and her sisters, as well as having children of their own.

BBeinhartBBeinhart2 months ago

Simply outstanding! Funny and touching in the best way. Hard to believe its your first published story.

Time to dig some more out of that drawer! 😊

Seeker81Seeker812 months ago

Outstanding. A sequel would be awesome.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight2 months ago

Let me say first that I scored this a five. You are a very good story teller with a great feeling for plot. Your timing on events was a pleasure. That said, I suggest an editor. Men don't look at a lady's 'waste' if they can help it. You have an issue with "your" and "you're". You left out a ton of quotation marks. Misspelled words and wrong words do not ruin a story, but with the very solid score you managed, you have the looks of a top tier writer. To become that, the final step would be to clean up your punctuation and word usage. You have no real limits here once you master those items. Thanks for writing and posting this very nice romance.

IcarusascendingIcarusascending2 months ago

I loved this story, but lisa and her sisters are a huge dropped subplot. Since they were such integral parts of the main story, they deserve a conclusion of their own. You opened up so many possibilities for them, but left it to hang. This was one of the best stories I’ve read in a while, but it’s absolutely not done!

Chiara23Chiara232 months ago

I'd love to see a sequel too! Lisa and the Sisters' story needs depending. Maybe the accidental family grows by three officially? They seem to be a big part of it already so...

A good editor who works with you, and not just tidying things up for you will definitely make you a top tier writer. As a retired Lit writer I know good editors who you gel with can be hard to find, but they're a blessing when you find them. Just keep your eyes open and see who's available in the editors board. Also please remember that just like you they are doing it for free and voluntarily.

Awesome awesome first tale!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago
"Football".

I do wish you had spent a little time 'explaining' a few of the terms you've used. We don't all speak American !. (Would you be as confused if I wrote on featuring Cricket ?)

Well written, tho'.

Thanks

mgtptyltdmgtptyltd2 months ago

I was expecting JT and Jen to take in Lisa and her sisters

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Several occasions where extra words left in sentences probably from edits, spelling mistakes a spell checker would miss, but a read through wouldn't, and a character misnamed once. For a first time story this really good, with a bunch of well developed characters, a nice steady plot progression, and an ending at a suitable story point, while leaving room for a follow up. I'm giving it a well deserved 5.

OGG52754OGG527542 months ago
sequel

Definitely need more of this story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Really enjoyed the story and I 100% agree a sequel would be great. Adopting the kids and Jason and Lisa's relationship moving forward.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great five star story! I look forward to the next chapter when Lisa's uncle gets arrested and J and J come to the rescue. Lisa seems more like a sister to Jason and girlfriend to Sneaky who will be an all pro DT with Jason as his team coach

Pampapro1Pampapro12 months ago

Great Story! Enjoyed it immensely and looking forward to more from you.

HassieHassie2 months ago

I really enjoyed your story. You have a gift and thanks for sharing your talent. Please continue writing!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Sequel!!!! Solve Lisa’s problems, Jason and Lisa together, the ex- showing up now that Jason is good at football, wedding, etc

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well told story. 5+

Please have a continuation of the story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

really enjoyed the story. Looking forward to many more.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story! Keep writing please.

CallmetrayCallmetray2 months ago

Incredible. 5⭐️

I need more of JT Jen Jason Lisa and her sisters.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent. And well worth a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Okay, 5 stars right off the bay! Amazing story, and I hope their is more; Lisa and her sisters are a subplot that needs an ending and the two main protagonists need a better conclusion, but aside from that, one of the best romances on this site! And I especially enjoyed how you described how beautiful Jen is but didn't have JT think in any lewd or lecherous ways. Hoping you continue with this story, and looking forward to what you write next.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Pls do a

Sequel

drose63drose632 months ago

Good job please keep going.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I totally agree with Icarusascending: Lisa and her sisters just dropped ourt of the story just when I thought they might be rescued from their deplorable home life.

married43wishingformoremarried43wishingformore2 months ago

Incredible! The story was wonderful. You can continue the story. Continue the love story. Incorporate Lisa and her sisters.

You have an incredible talent and I want to see more.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story! Romance is built first on building a relationship with depth and feeling before the physical part of the relationship can grow. There is definitely room to expand on in a sequel with the subplots already in place for continuing to develop (Jason and Lisa?, Lisa and her sister?, etc.)

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Really enjoyed the story. Hard to believe it was your first submission.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very well written. Yes a sequel would be perfect. I want to see how you develop the continuing relationship between JT and Jen. And the relationship between Jason and Lisa. As well, how JT and Jen help out Lisa's little sisters. I truly enjoyed your background knowledge of football and working on cars. Your main characters are well crafted and well developed. Your story is truly a gift for those who read it. Thank you! K

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Amazing for a first go

TomNJaxTomNJax2 months ago

Exceptional story, loved every page (kinda got a little confused with the "Date" changes, but easy enough to overlook). I really hope this has a follow-up. Nice job!!!

Baldy74Baldy742 months ago

Really great. Looking forward to a sequel.

EmotionalEmotional2 months ago

Great first story!!!!

Need to wrap it up though, too many loose ends

tellmeagoodstorytellmeagoodstory2 months ago

Awesome story

Best I've read in a long long time

PeperePepere2 months ago

A 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. It absolutely needs at least one sequel following them through Jason's life and Jen & JT's marriage.

BlastusBlastus2 months ago

Greatly enjoyed. Thank you. You tugged on my heartstrings. I suppose some of our British and Aussie readers (I love our writers from around the Commonwealth!) may find the American football references perplexing (it's OK, I don't understand cricket at all), I enjoyed the reference to the SEC, the one true home of American college football.

ErocratErocrat2 months ago

Ted and Sue seemed to drop off of the face of the planet and the cheerleading kerfuffle was smoothed over a little too quickly for my non-USA tastes, but on the whole a very agreeable read that easily warrants five stars. I won't ask for a sequel because I don't think popular demand fuels creativity, but I will read whatever you put out next and I'm looking forward to it.

jwoozjwooz2 months ago

Perfect! Couldn't stop reading. Please add more from this wonderful group.

crazycujocrazycujo2 months ago
Encore!

A great story and a lot of potential for continuing with a sequel! Thanks for posting it!

SlithyToveSlithyTove2 months ago

Wow -- that's a truly impressive debut story! It has a nice balance of character development and plot, and deals with some complex human issues as well. My one caveat would be that there's such a cast of characters that some get a bit of a short shrift, and there are more than a few loose ends that are left untied. That said, the story is extremely well done, and the flawed narrator's perspective carries you along nicely -- I particularly liked the comment about Jason being clueless about Lisa in the face of JT's obliviousness about Jen. I don't particularly need a sequel, though I can see how one could be done, and look forward to reading more from you!

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19552 months ago

Excellent. Great story and told beautifully. 5 stars. Please keep writing.

stewartbstewartb2 months ago

I agree that the characters deserve a sequel. If story "2" is as good as story "1" the read will be worth the reader's enjoyment.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I have worked with and for humans diagnosed with autism. I feel you have described high functioning autism well. As a writer you did well to keep my attention with out any real distractions. Thank you! A continuation would be excellent if you have the time. Well Done!!!

nemesisofwussesnemesisofwusses2 months ago

Great read! Loved it. Hope you finish and share a few more with us.

JofBJofB2 months ago

What a lovely story! Please keep writing!

BoogatorBoogator2 months ago

Loved this story!! Very hard to believe that this is your first story. Please continue it with a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Oh my god. I loved this story more than I love football (the real kind where hands are not allowed), and that's saying something. I'm only sad that it ended so abruptly. There are many loose ends here - do they merry? What happens to Jason? Lisa? Her little sisters? I reeeeaaaally hope you find the will to continue this story. Thanks for making my day!

Steverino143Steverino1432 months ago

Excellent. Grabbed me, wouldn't let go, dragged me through.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I loved this story, that's the quick of it. Very enjoyable main characters, nice quirkiness to JT and Jason and a nice main lady if underdeveloped.

You are probably looking for some detailed feedback to a story you obviously put a lot of effort into, so here are a few quick points in terms of my observation not in terms of them coming from a knowledgeable critic. I did like the two friends you introduced, Ted and Sue, but other than the football game watch party where they met Jason they are hardly ever mentioned again. The mother as well seems like a great character that JT admired and cares for but we don't actually meet her until Thanksgiving and then XMAS and yet she has a huge impact on moving the JT & Jen relationship along. I wouldn't say those points are distractions just that sometimes in stories I am not sure why certain characters are fleshed out and then not used more. You do introduce a lot of characters and side plots so I guess with a sequel or two you will have the opportunity to revisit someof the characters we met in the current story.

Great job, thanks for sharing this story, I will certainly read a sequel or other story you put out. This was well packaged in the end as a very good stand alone story but I am sure it will do well in a series.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A wonderful story.

The main character showed just that, character.

You portraid the strengths and weaknesses of your culture (American high school ballgames etc).

And your other characters beg for more chapters in their own right.

Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

All the accolades are well deserved this is a great story. Hoping you can find your way to a sequel.

Thanks for sharing your story.

DP

maning11maning112 months ago

Wow! I agree, sequel please!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Loved it, a nice traditional romance without sex being a reward, although we all know that is just around the corner. Great character development.

eomersoneomerson2 months ago

Great story!!!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I have to agree with many of the other comments posted here. an absolutely awesome story, even more so considering it's your first story posted here. like some of the others here, I would strongly urge you to find yourself an editor that 'clicks' with you as they can and will offer you valuable insight on making your story even better as well as help to correct your mistakes on spelling and punctuation among other things. you show a tremendous amount of promise and talent so I encourage you to continue with your writings. like others, I am looking forward to seeing your next works!

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour2 months ago

Outstanding effort. I started reading and could not put it down. Thank you so much for sharing.

Now it’s time to start on the loose ends and get the sequels published!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A 493 rating as of this comment, puts your story in the top 99.9961% of all the romance stories on this site. If I were your I’d take that as a definite yes to your last question about if there was enough interest….

dleethomas58dleethomas582 months ago

Good read. Please continue the story line.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Best story I have read in quite awhile

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story, well told. Finish those other stories, and a coda to this one would be nice.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great. More please.

FlamethrowFlamethrow2 months ago

Seriously impressive story of some fascinating people. A sequel would be wonderful but does not detract from this outstanding story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A wonderful, wonderful feel good story

I see the possibility of a number of possible sequels

and look forward to getting to read all of them that you turn into great stories like this one.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Awesome story. Yes continue. After getting married, do they take in Lisa and her sisters?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well done! No erotica, but to be honest, it would have detracted. As much as I'd like to read a sequel, I'm not sure it wouldn't detract from what you've written. We can imagine what happened. 5 stars without doubt.

CastAdriftCastAdrift2 months ago

Marvelous story.

Yes, we would like more. Jason and Lisa for a start. Then saving Lisa and her sisters, perhaps?

Well written, great characters. A very pleasant story to read, well paced and great descriptions.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very nice 5-star romance story with good character development. Interesting that you are writing about US football, but based on the spelling of words, you're likely from a British country. Keep us happy and write!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

What a fantastic debut!

As wholesome a tale as you will ever find on an erotic stories website.

Looking forward to more stories created around this miniverse.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story the only thing that could make.it better would be if they adopted Lisa and her sisters. But hopefully you do the sequel and that's part of it. Great job

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Part 2? Yes!!!

Great story & can only benefit from us knowing the next chapters of all their lives.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

You stoled a nights sleep from me. I couldn't quit reading. I loved your flow, loved you characters. Thanfully, You left a lot undone...Ted and Sue, Rescuing Lisa and her sisters, fucking wife Jens brains out on the hood of your Shelby, and naming their daughter Shelby... (what? We all wanted it) ...get busy writing dude. This was the best. I really like characters that have issues, but do the right thing.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood2 months ago

I have no new praise to add from the previous comments. Looking forward to more stories.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Fantastic!!!

Cali_LoveCali_Love2 months ago

Holy smokes, where have you been hiding? Very good story, well told, well paced, great turn of phrase throughout. Bravo. Thanks for sharing.

keepercoach01keepercoach012 months ago

This begs for more!! Excellent story!

BlueFox007BlueFox0072 months ago

Wow! Fantastic story telling. Thank you. Easily, 5*****.

Now, how are you going to rescue the three sisters?

Jason is going to need a much larger home.

myfunaccount123myfunaccount1232 months ago

Well done! A thoroughly enjoyable read. I look forward to reading more of your writing in the future.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story... of course we need a sequel. Bonus points for the Mustang.

rjm2rjm22 months ago

I don't believe that I have ever read a more compassionate, caring, and down right adorable story. You come right out of the gate with this, and wow did you ever hit a grand slam. I look forward to more. 5 * !

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwards2 months ago

It had me crying! Great love story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent story! Really, really good!

Need to follow up with a solution for lisa and the girls.

Would love to see Jason’s senior year.

sindaridersindarider2 months ago

Please continue this story loved it !!!

des911des9112 months ago

Lovely story - the characters feel real and genuine; their situations are not filled with luxury, but they manage to find, help and support each other. Very well done.

As noted below, this story is more than good enough to support a sequel (or two).

Thank you

Bebop3Bebop32 months ago

Congratulations on posting your first story on Lit. What an auspicious start! I look forward to reading your next story.

acupacup2 months ago

Superior work for a first time. Just the right amount of detail. I look forward to your next submissions.

arrowglassarrowglass2 months ago
Great story...wonderful read!!!

Perhaps they can adopt Lisa and the two little girls?

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo2 months ago

CleverGenericName that was a game winner! Easily a match tor Jason's 57 yard game winning audible, and he would be first to tell you so. Looking forward to seeing your next toss.

Car6555Car65552 months ago

What arrowglass said! I'd love to see those girls have a loving family like Jason gets now. Amazing story and thank you so much for sharing it with us!

woodrangewoodrange2 months ago

MORE !!! Please

bigbob2406bigbob24062 months ago

Great story,thank you. It definitely has legs ! Please think about letting it run it's course.

BabalooieBabalooie2 months ago

Great job. Five big ones.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent. Can't wait for the next part!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I’d love to read a follow up. It was a great story

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story. I have tears

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I wish I could give this story 10 stars but 5 will have to do. Please write some more, you do it so very well!

Well8Well82 months ago

Keep going pt2 would be very welcome Great writing

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Would like to see Jason make the NFL/engineer lol

Caldwel2Caldwel22 months ago

I love this story! It augurs many more excellent submissions. You have several threads open that I and I’m sure many others would enjoy following. Please consider continuing with these likeable characters. Your writing is straightforward and descriptive without being terse, qualities I wish many who submit here had (but really don’t). Kudos!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCleverGenericName@CleverGenericName
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I wanted to express my sincere gratitude to all of you who took the time to comment on my first story, An Accidental Family. I never thought that 150+ people would read it, let alone comment on it, and I am really touched that so many o...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES