An Act Of Kindness

Story Info
He changed her tire. She changed his life.
4.3k words
4.53
38.8k
24
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I caught the flash out of the corner of my eye. Looking up from my desk I swung my chair around to look out of the window. It was raining hard outside and I had been so engrossed into my work that I had not noticed. I looked at my watch and was surprised to see that it was past six o'clock already. I leaned back in my chair and stretched my arms out over my head and yawned.

Looking back down at my desk I shook my head and decided to finish the rest of my work on Monday morning. "You're the boss," I said to myself. "Send yourself home for some rest." After all I did own the company.

The only reason I was still here on a Friday night this late was because I had let three out of six of my office workers off for the entire week. The very first employee I had hired, or rather my wife had hired at that time, Sheila had a son getting married. That had been fifteen years ago and I was only twenty-two then. Shelia's son was getting married somewhere in the Bahamas and two of her office mates had become great friends over the years and wanted to attend the wedding also.

I grabbed my jacket and headed out of my office shutting the light out as I left. Once I got outside I realized that it was raining harder than I had thought. To make matters worse the wind was blowing so hard that the rain was hitting with some force, stinging a little bit.

I made it to my car in record time and shed my jacket. I loved this car as much as I could love a material possession. There were two reasons for that. Firstly I had always wanted a Jaguar and it was my dream car and everything I had hoped it would be. Secondly and most important I had bought the car with my wife's insurance money after her death a little over a year ago from cancer. She had made me promise to do that, as she knew I had always wanted one but would not spend the money on it. She told me I had built her dream house and this was something she could do for me. She had joked that she wished she could die a couple times so she could get me a houseboat to. She was great that way. Always trying to make me feel better about her being terminal. She was and still is the most unselfish and loving person I have ever seen or been near. I still missed her dearly and when it was at it's worst I would go for drives in the Jag because I could feel her with me then.

Getting onto the interstate was uneventful and almost peaceful even though I was sure the rain had picked up some more. I was only driving a few miles over the speed limit even though the Jag felt impervious to rain I knew it was only as good as the tires were.

I had been passed by a few people who were not as cautious in the rain as I was. In the same respect I had passed several people who were thinking the same about me. I was coming upon another such car when it blew a back tire and got as little sideways. The driver done a good job getting it to straighten back out and started off onto the shoulder of the road.

I could see through the rear window just well enough to see a head of hair that had to be a woman's and no one else in the car with her unless it was a small child out of sight. I pulled over behind her to offer assistance and left my car closer to the road than hers was to use as a shield to protect myself. I turned my flashers on and got out of the car.

She had seen me pull in behind her and had rolled her window down just a little bit and asked "Can I help you?" as if I was the one needing assistance. I knew she was just afraid to get careless with a strange man on the interstate and I was glad she was. A woman had to be careful these days. I could see she had medium length brown hair and she may have been pretty. It was hard to tell in those conditions.

"If you pop your trunk latch for me so I can get the spare tire out I will change it for you. You can stay dry in the car. It should not take but a few minutes," I informed her.

"I can call AAA to come change it but thanks for asking" she said.

"They will most likely be swamped and take a while to get here and plus it is not safe in these conditions to set on the side of the road like this" I replied. I could see she knew what I said was reasonable so I continued, "I understand that you are being cautious and I am glad to see that. A lady has to be careful now. You wont have to get out of the car the entire time I am here" I assured her.

Without hesitation she replied, "Alright and I really appreciate this. I will pay you for the help."

I smiled at her "That wont be necessary. Just pop the trunk for me and I will hurry to get you back on your way home."

"Thank you very much," she said as she was reaching for the trunk latch.

I walked to the back of the car and was already well soaked just from our short conversation. I opened the trunk and pulled out the spare tire and was surprised to see a hydraulic jack in the trunk as well. That was the touch of a man for sure. Most women just leave the unsafe little scissor jack in the car. I assumed it was her husband that had put it there.

Pulling the jack out I knelt down on the ground to find a safe place to put the jack under the frame of the car. After getting it jacked up I had the tire replaced within a few minutes. I put the flat and the jack back in the trunk and closed it. She had rolled her window down a little bit again and I hollered up there as I patted the trunk, "Alright it is ok to head on home now. Have a safe trip."

As I headed back to my car she tried to shout something out at me and I waved my arm up in the air to acknowledge whatever she was saying. I figured she was just going to try to force payment on me and I wanted to avoid that uncomfortable situation. I saw her exhaust as she started the car. I was pretty chilled and soaked to my bones from the rain and cranked the heater up on the Jag. I pulled out and seen her pull out behind me and I headed on home.

Once I got home I got out of my wet clothes immediately and settled into my hot tub. It was part of my wife's dream house. She had had it built in a small-enclosed room right off the master bedroom. Sliding glass doors made up the two outer walls. The outer bedroom walls were on the other two sides. In winter time we could just keep the sliding doors closed and stay warm and see the beautiful snow. She had loved the snow but hated the cold so this was the best of both worlds for her. In warm weather we could sit in it and enjoy whatever breeze would come through the doors also.

I found myself sitting there wondering what the woman in the car had looked like. Odd I thought as I had not thought of another woman since my wife's death in any normal form for a man. I was hit with a twinge of guilt. I got out of the hot tub once I felt relaxed and warm. Took a shower and laid in bed and read until I fell asleep.

I must have slept well because the next thing I knew I was being woke up by the sunlight coming through my bedroom window. I slid my legs around to the side of the bed and sat up and stretched. Deciding even though I didn't need one a shower would feel good about now.

Just as I was rinsing off I heard my doorbell ringing. Knowing it would be my buddy Ted I shut the shower off and threw a towel around myself. It was a nice but not overly expensive area my wife had had our house built so I knew it wouldn't be a solicitor. I opened the door holding the towel around my waist still dripping water.

To my surprise it wasn't Ted but instead it was an attractive blonde woman in her thirties if I had to venture a guess. Once again I felt guilty because for the second time in two days I had thought of a woman's looks. "I'm sorry," I said. "I thought it was someone else or I would have been dressed more appropriately before answering the door" I apologized. I was wondering who this lady was and what she wanted.

Looking away but not before taking a quick scan of my chest and shoulders she turned her head shyly. "I apologize if this is a bad time," she said. "I can come back at a more convenient time for you."

Curious now as to whom this was and what she wanted I said "that's alright. Is there something I can help you with?" I asked politely.

"You don't recognize me from last night do you?" She asked. You changed my tire last night in the rain." Sensing my puzzlement she answered the question that was on my face. I am sorry for probing but I got your license plate number last night and my brother and sister-in-law are both police officers so I had them get me your address this morning."

"Oh, I am sorry. I didn't recognize you. I never got a good look at you last night. Please come in and I will get dressed" I said.

Taking another quick look at me clothed only in a towel she thanked me and followed me in. "Have a seat in the living room and I will be right back" I said as I walked out of the room. I was wondering if she was looking at me as I walked away. I realized that the guilt I had twice felt was no longer making it's presence felt.

Going into the bedroom I put on a pair of jeans and a clean shirt. Nothing fancy, as she was dressed casually. After combing my hair I headed back into the living room. "Would you like some coffee or anything to drink?" I asked her, as I looked her over myself with a quick glance and afterwards realizing that it was probably just as obvious as hers had been. I was pretty sure she was in her mid thirties and she was still quite attractive. She had smallish breast and her hips probably were not as thin as she wished for. As far as I was concerned she was just about right though. I had always liked hips on a woman and breast were not that important.

"No thank you" she answered. "I was nervous last night when you stopped and offered to help last night so I used my brother to make sure you wasn't someone I should be afraid of."

"I came over to ask you and your wife or girlfriend out to lunch as a way to say thank you."

"Actually I have neither right now" I informed her. "My wife passed away about a year ago."

She put her hand up to her face and said, "I am so sorry, I didn't know" her voice trailed off.

"That's alright," I said. "No way you could have known."

"It's just that I knew this beautiful house had a woman's touch for sure" she replied.

"Thank you. She" I hesitated "Kerry had a way of turning anything into a nice place to be."

"I can see you still love her a terrible amount. I really am sorry to hear about your lose" she said.

"That's nice of you to say," I told her. "Now about that lunch I appreciate that offer but you really don't have to," I told her.

"Please let me," she asked. "It is the least I can do to thank you. If today is not convenient then you can tell me what day and time will be convenient for you," she said almost in a pleading voice.

I smiled at her and said, "no today is fine and if it will make you feel better I accept. You pick the place and I will follow you there."

"I wont hear of it," she said. "I will drive us both there," she said feeling more comfortable with me.

Not one to argue with a lady I smiled and said "This way then" while sweeping my arm towards the front door. I was not unaware that this is the first time I had been this comfortable in front of a lady since my wife had passed away.

Realizing as we got out to the car that we had not introduced ourselves I said, "As you already know my name in Stan Huntsmer." I extended my hand not sure if this was the proper thing to do here or not.

"Silly me" she said taking my hand. My name is Cathy Thoams" she finished with a shy smile.

She made small talk on the drive to a little Greek Restaurant not far from my home. I had passed it several times but never ate there. Once we were in and seated I realized I hadn't ate anything last night and lunch yesterday was my last meal. I found out over lunch that she had been married for twelve years but had been divorced about the same time as when my wife had passed away. He decided he wanted a woman ten years younger than she was. His loss I reassured her.

"Well I can't blame him for wanting a younger woman" she told me. "I'm not exactly young anymore. I furrowed my brows and she noticed the look and asked with a sly smile "What?"

"If I may ask, just how old are you?"

"I am thirty-six" she said.

I know my surprise showed on my face. She must have thought that I was thinking that she was older. "Really?" I said. "I had you pegged for early thirties and I would prefer a woman with class to a younger one any day."

She blushed and said "Thank you" softly.

"I am serious" I said. Not wanting to sound like I was getting to carried away but realizing that I liked Cathy as a person already. "Kerry used to say the same things and I never understood why. She was perfection in my eyes and you are every bit as attractive as she was," I said seriously.

I noticed then that she was blushing and tried to stammer something but to save her embarrassment I interrupted her. "I'm sorry, that was probably a little forward of me," I admitted.

"No, not at all" she told me. "I must admit it has been a long time since I have heard such a compliment and I appreciate it very much." She now had full control of her mind again and continued on "I hope I am not being to forward and I will understand if you say no, but I would like to see you again" she finished looking me in the eyes to gauge my reaction.

Trying to be calm but feeling like a teenager inside again I replied in what I hoped was a smooth, steady voice. "I was thinking of how to express the same thing to you."

We ended up spending the rest of that day with each other and Sunday also. Next thing I knew over six weeks had passed and we had spent nearly every evening together. We were without a doubt in love and were talking marriage already.

She was a lady and I treated as such. The subject of sex had come up but we had not made love yet. Until one Saturday afternoon after we had walked and done some bird watching together. She had to go to her niece's baby shower that evening and had brought a change of clothes with her to my house. She had asked on the phone the night before it was all right to shower and change there so she would not have to rush our time together. No way I could refuse an offer like that.

I went across the hallway to the guest bedroom and showered there. As I was getting out of the shower I heard the master bedroom door shut so I know she was finished and out as well. I got dressed and went across the hall to get a pair of penny loafers from my closet in the master bedroom.

When I opened the door there to my surprise was Cathy completely naked with her back to me brushing her hair in the mirror. She spun around instantly covering her breast as she turned. Thinking I had looked longer than I should have I spun away from her. Knowing though it had all taken place in an instant.

Having trouble finding the words for the first time with her since I had lunch with her that very first day I said "I'm sorry. I heard the door shut and thought you were finished."

She was silent for a second and I heard no movement behind me. "I forgot my brush in my purse and ran out to get it while you was in the shower. When I was coming back down the hallway I heard your shower had stopped so I ran into the bedroom and shut the door faster than I should have in my hurry," she explained.

"I will wait in the living room for you" I said reaching for the door.

"Wait" she said making my heart race faster than it already was. "I ran in here because I am not comfortable with my body as I have told you before but you have seen it now."

"Is it as bad you thought it would be?" she asked me.

What I found surprising was that she was serious. I could not understand how she could mean that. I had seen nothing (and I had gotten a nice look) that would make me think she was less than incredible. Choosing my words carefully I said "from what I seen you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. I admit I looked harder than I should have but I could not help myself."

I did not hear her walking up behind me on the plush carpeting of the bedroom but I felt her hand touch my shoulder and it startled me. She giggled a little bit at that and the ice was broken. She gently put pressure on my shoulder telling me to turn around without saying a word.

I turned making sure I met her gaze, keeping my eyes above her neck. That was not an easy temptation to resist. Once I turned she leaned forward and kissed me gently on the lips and then stepped back a couple of feet giving me a full view of her.

Looking her over for a few seconds and looking back up to her face she was smiling nervously. This act had taken an immense amount of courage for her considering her insecurities with her appearance. I met her smile with one of my best and stepped forward into her embrace.

We kissed with more passion than we had ever done with each other and it felt so right and so natural. She walked backwards guiding me to the bed slowly. Once she felt it against the back of her legs she sat down on it breaking our kiss for the first time. I knelt down to kiss her once again but she stopped me. "Undress for me now" she said. "You have seen me and now it is my turn."

I could feel myself blushing and could not believe it was happening to me. I stepped back with an obvious erection showing though my pants and lifted my shirt over my head. She stared at my chest and shoulders and said, "I have dreamed many times about caressing that chest after seeing it that first day. Seeing you only in that towel was the closest I have ever came to lust at first sight" she confessed.

I was no muscleman by any means and had a bit of a belly. This obviously did not bother her any at all and that gave me confidence to continue as my gaze had for her. I unzipped my slacks slowly starting to enjoy the suspenseful feeling that was building in the room between us. Being a typical male though and not being able to draw anything out to long I pulled my underwear down with my pants.

She whistled once I had stepped out of my pants and giggled at her self again. I had never considered my self more than average physically and that included my erection. It was right at seven inches long but had always done the trick for me in my marriage.

She lifted up hand and motioned me over with one finger. I walked the few steps to her and getting ready to bend down to her again for a kiss was stopped once again. This time to my surprise it was so she could take me in her mouth. Instantly it felt as if every nerve in my body came alive and joined in on this sensation. I could not stand much more of this and stopped her after only a couple of minutes.

Putting my hands on her waist I guided her to the head of the bed never taking my eyes off of hers. She finally allowed me to give her another deep kiss. I stopped this one after half a minute and smile at her as I slowly kissed my way down her neck to her breast. She was no more than a small B cup but on her that seemed so right. She had signs of having lost weight but it all looked perfect on her. I sucked first one nipple into my mouth rolling it gently across my tongue and then went to the other one. She arched her back upwards each time as her way of saying I was on the right track. I then started slowly kissing my way down her belly towards her awakened treasure. Feeling her quiver as I breathed upon it lightly I gently ran my tongue up and down it separating her lips. Each one I separately sucked into my mouth enjoying her squirming and now her moans. Avoid her clit I used my tongue in a phallic manner making her grab my head with both hands. After only two minutes of this I sensed her closeness and moved up only an inch or so and then attacked that with the hunger of one who had not eaten in days. This was all it took to set her off. I was surprised at the violence of her orgasm and the strength of it as well.

12