An American Relocates

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes."

"Hot water, soap and towels and drinking water and coffee?"

"Yes, but not food or other creature comforts."

"Well, it sounds like you have everything we need. I don't want to make a pig of myself tonight because I start work at 7:00. Let's mess around for a couple of hours and then go somewhere for late supper."

As they entered through the kitchen she lifted up her arms and he pulled off her top. The bra was rather full and he licked his lips, making her purr, "Good boy." She was perfectly relaxed so he worked out a tit, she helping, and he left her to finish undressing while he playing around and soon had the nipple rock hard. By then she was pushing down her panties with a foot.

"Lay me across the table. That's why I was interested to learn you had a table."

Harden frog-marched her backwards and they kissed and when her butt hit the table he dropped to his knees and went pussy exploring and oh boy, did she like that. She though people lined up nearby waiting for the ferry after being to beaches or in the FWD vehicle after driving dirt tracks upriver through forestland and hearing her noise must be thinking a cat was being desexed.

In less than three minutes she convulsed into his mouth. She dropped to her knees after he dropped his pants and she murmured between long licks, 'Oh God, is this all for me. Oh God."

After Loretta swallowed some of Harden's load and he ran off to grab a towel for her they had round two on the bed. She was in great need so they were into it full on. She banging back at him, setting such a fast pace they soon soared over the top and fell back and chatted.

"A woman's cunt is amazing," she said, appearing amazed. "I wondered if I was capable of taking all of you, but not a problem."

"You obviously haven't had one for quite some time. Perhaps you have lost perspective of size?"

"You are big Harden, make no mistake about that. No way it that thing going up my arse."

He was pleased about that because he wasn't really interested in that alternative passage.

They jawed until she said, "It's 7:30 so we should go. Come over for a quick pizza and coffee and then I'll go to bed, alone. I've had an energetic weekend, all in all including my first fuck in months. I'll go out like a light as soon as my head hits the pillow."

As soon as Loretta put the pizza in the oven she called someone.

"Hi Megan. You know my big guy Harden you met at the wedding yesterday?"

Harden of course couldn't hear the response. The Loretta said, "Yeah, well we are a number. I've been over to his place and there's nowhere to fuck apart from his bed."

"Yes, I'm glad you agree it's restrictive. Look, you are marketing manager for Tony's parents furniture and furnishings store..."

"Yes, practically the entire house. There's only a bed and table and chairs there."

"Discount? Well I gave you 30% when you and Tony built your house. Fine. See you during the week lovely lady."

Harden looked at Loretta expectantly.

"Megan's in-laws run a furniture store. It's expensive but justified because everything they have is quality. What they don't stock they'll order in for you. But they have most stuff including white ware. The deal is everything delivered to you will be at cost plus 30% markup. You'll save heaps because I know some of their items are cost plus 250% mark-up."

"That's wonderful, you are a darling."

"Thank you."

He smiled and scratched his nuts boldly. " I'll call in tomorrow to kiss you and to order my decking timber after I measure up and then I'd like to see your father."

"My father? I'm a big girl, you don't have to ask permission to fuck me."

Harden laughed. "No, I wanted to talk to him about that timber piling in the marina and how business works in this town."

"Well we supplied the treated piles for that marina and all the hardwood decking imported from Australia but cannot do that any more if the council extends the marina because dad in now on the council and is deputy chairman and those occasions preclude him from doing business with the council. But talk to him anyway as he has a good mind for business. Do you know why our buildings at the mill look crappy?"

"Because of the risk of fire destroying investment or perhaps to save money?"

"No, dad figures more people do business with you when you don't look flashy and overly successful. You wait until you go inside his house or inside his keelboat to see real money talking but not indicated on the exterior. He even replaces sails with second-hand sails. Skinflint Oblinger knows what he's doing."

Taking the ferry home after exploring some of the eastern beaches on Sunday Harden made the crossing with a family in a big vehicle towing a fishing boat. The woman climbed out of the vehicle and said she thought he was the American people were talking about.

They introduced themselves the other three members of the family joined them and also said hi. The teenage girl offered him the last piece of cake in a tin. He declined but they all said he must have it so he ate it and said yummy. The mother, Shirley Blake, blushed and said he must come to dinner at 7:00 on Tuesday. "We are only a little way down Riverside Street from you and Kim who is sixteen is going to America in a few months on a student exchange scheme. Where do you hail from?"

"Chicago."

"Ohmigod," Kim shrieked, making her younger sister grin. That immediately told Harden she was going on a student exchange scheme somewhere in Chicago.

Kim's father Ross slapped Harden on the back and said, "You couldn't have come from a more convenient place as far as we are concerned mate. We want to know about crime, American kid's Kim's age and how can we ensure she doesn't become a prostitute and do hard drugs."

"Or take any drugs," Harden said firmly.

"Oh Harden, and we glad we've found you," Shirley said, appearing almost ready to kiss him.

Walking into his home, Harden thought the way to be assimilated into a new country was to live locally and to latch on to a date who was popular locally. It was just a matter of finding a common focal point, or several.

After brushing his teeth he thought about Loretta. It really hadn't been a seduction. As she called it they'd fucked. He worried about it until it came to him. He ought to give her time; what had been lacking was passion mixed with tenderness. The whole thing had been far too mechanical. Yes, give her time and lead her into a more passionate relationship. He wanted her to get her to the stage that he was the only guy she wanted to fuck and to be with and to know in her heart that was so. He'd consider involving her in two things to involve their chances of really bonding. He'd get her to choose things for his home, right down to paintings for the walls, and he'd look at setting up a project involving her.

CHAPTER 2

Loretta had four guys in a line waiting to be served so Harden walked to the counter and dropped his order down and as he turned to leave Loretta blew him a kiss. That was a bad move by him. The four guys were now looking at him as if he'd just come out of a hole in the ground.

Harden asked around in the yard and he was pointed in different directions until he found a burly white-headed guy who looked as if he could punch through steel.

Just a casual "Hi, Mr Oblinger" was sufficient. The guy said hi, he was Terry and Harden must be the big American guy people had told him was sniffing around his daughter.

"Sniffing? I went with Loretta to Tessa's wedding on Saturday, met her again at Jennie Williams place yesterday and just delivered her an order for 300 lineal feet of hardwood decking. Is that sniffing?"

"Put it here mate," Terry said, holding out his hand. "Don't bitch with me; that was just my way of opening a conversation and look at the dump of information I got."

"So I don't have to knock your teeth down your throat Terry?"

Terry grinned and said, "You'll all right mate. So why are you keeping me away from my work?"

"A chat about business. I was running a successful pile-driving outfit in Chicago until I had too many jobs going simultaneously and had an asshole foreman who stepped up the driving rate of concrete piles at twice the agreed rate. Of course a diver examination revealed many of the piles had fractured and I got slugged with a $4.3 million writ that under arbitration was reduced to $2.4 million but that still put me out of business. I sold everything including my house and car and the claimant finally agreed I'd paid the price so I escaped formal bankruptcy. My wife divorced me, walking away with fuck-all and here I am ready to make a new start in New Zealand. I'd like to start up pile driving, wooden piles, in the marine environment. I saw the marina yesterday morning and Loretta said you guys supplied the piles and decking."

"Yeah, but that's a council-owned facility and when it's extended because I'm a councilor I will be automatically disqualified from tendering for the work."

"Hmmm, but is there chance of pile driving contracts around here?"

"Come for a little walk with me young man and I'll show you something."

They stood on the bank looking across the river.

"The big flood two years ago scoured that bank opposite, taking out the trees that protected that bend against scouring and almost an acre of newly prepared prime industrial land went as well. That land is in Newcomb District Council that is mainly rural, and being outside our council's jurisdiction so if you can win the contract to drive in a protective wall along the original river line of 880 feet I'd be free to compete to supply the pressure treated timber piles. Do that well and your reputation would spread through Newcomb and our city council territory. Our council will oppose the five-acre of the industrial block proceeding, going all the way to the Environment Court if necessary, until the land is protected adequately against flooding. We don't want the river setting a new course."

Harden said he could be very interested and Terry said he had the design plans, the engineer's suggested work schedule and specifications in his office.

"The engineer's found two firms interested but one went bust and the other was keen but the land developer had problems with his insurance company over the loss and he and his insurance company are now suing the Newcomb Council for not having the riverbank adequately protected when the council sold the land to the developer."

"Ouch, that will be a long and difficult court battle."

Terry said yeah and a court hearing date had still not been set because attorneys were still investigating liability arguments in similar cases and the search had gone internationally.

"Where is the equipment of the piling contractor who went bust?"

"Mostly unsold at McEwan's machinery yards including the two barges."

"Do you have a contact with that company?"

"Yeah, Neville McEwan is a mate. Want me to arrange a visit?"

"Yes please. And if the gear looks good I'd suggest we set up a meeting with the land developer, Newcomb Council and the insurance company to see if we can reactivate this scheme. I recall a case in Illinois where the city administration found it cheaper to share the cost of the stalled project than defending its embargo on work proceeding in a lengthy court battle."

"But wouldn't the public have been angry at its council subsidizing a developer's project?"

"No, the public showed no interest. The council met its cash commitment by rebating the developer past local taxes on the land and giving tax credits for the balance that were transferable to the new owners of the land which meant the developer could on-sell the entitlements at a discount."

Terry grinned. "The guy who thought that one up must be a real tax dodger. I like the sound of it and it could be just the trick to get the project underway. Are you ready to go for early lunch? We need to talk more."

The timber yard closed at 4:00 so when Harden returned with Terry he waited for Loretta to finish up. After lunch he and Terry had gone to McEwan's yard and after having a few beers in Neville McEwan in his office inspected the pile driving equipment. The yard owner had said he was almost ready to give the equipment away. Harden grinned but had made no comment, thinking that information would keep.

Harden took Loretta to coffee and she was most interested to hear about his talks with her father and the possibility of them running a project together although Terry had not said how much backing he's provide until they had some figures in front of them. Harden thought she was looking at him with new interest and she positively glowed at him when he invited her to accompany him to call on Megan and select some of his requirements for the house.

Megan kissed them both, establishing in Harden's mind that was a greeting as a new friend rather than a customer with money to spend. He pulled out his notebook and they walked around, Megan writing down his choices and Loretta providing advice about coordinating of color and styles.

When Megan went away to get a leaflet on dinning table sizes Harden said, "Your advice on color is really your color preferences but then in my ignorance I'd been in danger of having near-incompatible mixes."

Loretta blushed.

"I guess you'll be spending the part of some nights with me and so I invite you to consider moving in with me when your aunt and uncle return. Your dad has gotten used to you no longer being at home and you could suggest he finds a lady companion."

Loretta choked at the double whammy and had not replied when Megan arrived back.

When they were driving back to drop Loretta off where she'd left her car near the crossroads, she said, "D-do you think my father wants to replace my mother?"

"I wouldn't think he thinks like that. He mentioned that he'd occasionally dates a woman but hasn't taken her home because of you."

"Of me! What did he say?"

Harden told Loretta to calm down and said it was something she should discuss with her father.

She went to bite back but caught herself. She asked calmly, "Please tell me what he said."

"Keep calm Loretta. He said his late wife's ghost, your mother, still exists in the house because of you. You won't let go."

"Oh God."

"So it's true?"

"Put that way yes. She was too young to die Harden."

He said kindly reaching to stroke her cheek. "The young also die."

At that she seized his hand and kissed it. "I hadn't really given much thought about dad. I have all of mom's clothes in the wardrobe in the guest room and her nightdress and gown on the bed, slippers on the floor, ready for her to come home. Oh God, poor daddy."

"If it's any comfort to you he's probably conditioned to not looking into that room. Pack everything up and remove everything from the house Loretta. I'll store it at my house if you wish."

"That's very kind of you, but no thank you. I'm off home to talk to daddy about this and to say I'm sorry."

"May I suggest you don't be overly apologetic? He might not be at all cross with you, only just saddened that you can't let go."

They drove in silence to where Loretta's car was parked. She kissed Harden and said she'd probably sleep at her father's house that night.

"Fine, I'll call you about Friday night."

"Oh crap, I've fucked up," he yelled when on the ferry, thumping the steering wheel. He knew his interference had distressed Loretta. He decided to phone her and then thought no, that would be bad timing. Let her father sort her out. They probably were suffering some sort of post-death depression.

"The ferryman leaned out the wheelhouse window and inquired, "Are you okay Harden?"

"Yes thanks Jimmy."

"You're screwing Miss Loretta aren't you?"

"Not at the moment," Harden said wistfully.

Jimmy guffawed and said he could see that and Harden smiled. He was first off the ferry and after that humorous exchange with Jimmy felt more cheerful and his shoulders really squared when he found a vehicle outside his house with the engine still running. Shirley Blake waved and she jumped out of the SUV wearing a tight dark blue leotard. She walked to the driveway gate and waited for him to get out of his vehicle.

Harden looked at the great rack and swallowed.

"Hi, she said. "I was on my way home and thought I should drop by and remind you about dinner tomorrow night. Kim will be beside herself if you fail to show."

"No it's okay. I have a note on my kitchen bench. I'd ask you in for coffee but it's pretty basic inside at present. I have heaps of stuff on order."

"That's fine. I couldn't have gone in looking like this," she said, almost cupping her breasts. "Ross would kill me."

"And I wouldn't blame him," Harden grinned, looking at just above Shirley's hands. She smiled and said she must go. She waved gaily as the big diesel vehicle roared off. Harden waved still thinking of her earlier reaction, being absolutely sure her smile had turned into a smirk when he'd looked up from her tits. What did that mean?

He took his shopping inside and ten minutes later looked through the kitchen window and was glad he wasn't screwing Shirley on the kitchen table. Loretta's father Terry had arrived and was coming to the door carrying a bottle of whisky.

Predicting the worst after saying hi and shaking hands, Harden said, "Is it ominous Loretta hasn't accompanied you?"

"I reckon not. We've had a bit of a bust-up and she's gone off the stay with her maternal grandmother at Taupo for a few days. Milly will sort her out and she'll come back fine. I'll live over the hardware shop still she returns and stopped on the way over to have a drink with you."

Terry looked around and said, "Do you have any glasses. This place looks as bare as a cat's emptied litter box. Even a couple of jam jars will do."

"No I have whisky, wine and beer glasses."

"Well that says your prorieties are right."

Looking worried as he returned with two glasses Harden said, "I apologized for interfering in something that had nothing to do with me."

Terry poured three fingers of whisky into each glass and grinned. "Son if I'd been looking for an apology I'd not arrived carrying whisky."

Harden managed a weak grin.

"You've done good Harden. Stop worrying. This thing between Loretta and me needed initiating and you've done that. We'd reached a stage where I guess we both thought there was no solution. Neither of us was thinking straight. Earlier today she came in to my office, slammed the door shut and accused me of being a gutless wonder for not tossing her and her mom's clothing and other personal items from the house. No one talks to me like that so I gave it to her vocally, both barrels."

"In the end she cried and I felt like going the same. I went to hug her and she pushed me away so I bellowed I'd tan her bare arse."

She stood defiantly and yelled, "Go on you big ox. Just you try and I kick your nuts out through your asshole."

"I was so shocked I stood stunned and then my belly laugh triggered. She looked at me stupidly and whimpered and came running into me arms and we kissed, with me fighting back tears. I settled her and we talked it through and she decided to go off to grandma's for a few days to give me the chance to clear her mother's things from the house."

Harden stood, finished his whisky and said, "Come on."

"Where to?"

"To clear the house but not quite. I'll help you."

"Oh that's and offer I can't refuse son, thanks. I didn't feel up to it and was thinking of inviting the wife of my yard manager to help."

"I think I know what to. We fill your pickup with the things and then use the yard tractor with the bucket used to load sawdust to dig a big hole. We dump everything into the hole, set fire to burnable stuff and then fill in the hole. If you like I'll do it and then you won't know where her stuff lies buried."