All Comments on 'An Angel for Bishop'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Another morning lost

Well done thoroughly enjoyed the un-put-downable page turner.

Once again BurntRedstone your skills shine forth.

Les

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great story

I loved this story. It would be interesting to see this story from her(willow) point of view.

charlie48charlie48about 9 years ago
Great Story

You are a very talented writer, please submit another 'one off' like this.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 9 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 9 years ago
Awesome...a word often overused...but oh so apropos this time!!!

Again, you entertain and delight with a very very good story...could not put it down until I finished reading!!!! Thanks!

TheIronKingTheIronKingalmost 9 years ago
Amazing Story

Thanks for this wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well done

An enjoyable story with good descriptions.

Mostly well written. Two things: The point of view shifted once. That was the only flaw. I'm not a fan of anal. But that is my problem.

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 8 years ago
A Nice Healing Story

I really thought you developed your characters well and defined the storyline nicely. I enjoyed the interplay and their character flaws. A very well done story overall for me.

I thought the ending was a little anticlimactic. Fed goes bad (why - we really don't know) and attempts to kidnap the girl. The gang is bombed and burnt out (never saw that one coming). And his resourceful friend couldn't find any information about those men in Willow's past. Really? Nothing there at all?

Despite the mystery and unanswered questions, the story did provide a "feel" good end. Thanks and keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I've read all your Lit submissions, but the Shepard in France chapter

and have seen the same empathy for and tenderness towards abused individuals in all of your works. Your protagonists are usually fierce protectors of the less fortunate imdividuals. You have a rare understanding of how fragile the human psyche can be, and how easily it is damaged, but you also understand the remarkable recoveries and the healing possible when those damaged are given love and compassion.

I dare say I think you've seen a bit of the uglier side of humanity in your life, and what can result from it, but you've kept yourself from bitterness and cynicism. I certainly hope you write more; what you have given the Lit population is special and everyone should realize it, if they don't already.

Two of the best pieces of literature I have EVER read are right here in the submissions list of one, BurntRedstone. I am humbled, and in awe.

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

When are you going to write a proper novel that will make 'fifty shades' look like letters to the penthouse.

You are the Maupassant of literotica!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Lovely

My favourite kind of story. The innocent protected and the vile punished.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

So rare to be able to give an author five stars to every story they write, well done. Hope you continue for a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Definitely a feel good story

I much enjoyed the story line, but the ending was weak and way short of details. Who lit the torches? What removed his hand? Why did it end so quick?

Also, no discussion of STDS or other nasty stuff. Why wasn't he online with a doctor getting some idea of needed medicines?

I still liked the story, but could have been even better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well crafted, but....

I could have done completely without the 10yr old reference. I don't think it contributes at all. Not sure how it got past Lit censors either.

I agree with some of the other comments that it dried up at the end. It felt rushed and thin.

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodover 7 years ago
Best Story Yet!!!!

I have only read a portion of your stories but I have to say that "An Angel for Bishop" was by far the best story yet. Please continue to write more like this one. I like the adventure part of the story, with just enough sex to keep us all breathing a little heavily. I have read several authors in Literotica completely through their catalog of stories and then wished for more. I am now adding you to this list. I have been writing for over thirty years and now I get to write for pure pleasure. It is gratifying to find a writer that obviously enjoys the craft and is talented to boot. Outstanding work.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
great story - thanks

Two broken people who are able to fill the needs of the other helping them become whole and healthy. Touching.

I was struck by how far the pendulum swung. Her depths and broken path to that hillside. His terrors and flash back nightmares. And yet it works. They came out on the other side (other end of the swing) into happiness.

I know, I know, it was fantasy. It was your story and you get to define the rules of their world. But. Pregnancy wouldn't have been the only reason for condoms after her time with the Chula Vista Social Club. And a visit to the local doctor should have been on the list of activities when they came down from the mountain.

just sayin

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
twice

did read it once more and it's been even better.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 7 years ago
WOW!!!

That was an incredible story for only 7 pages! I hope you keep writing, you have a way with words!! Thank you for a great read!

SpookyTaurusSpookyTaurusabout 7 years ago
Awesome writing

Your skills on words are awsome your story just broughts some tears in my eyes. It was really emotional and reality. I hope you write stories like this with different occaions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Once again!

You continue to weave your stories with craft and surprise. Please continue!

GailAGailAover 6 years ago
OMG

For dabbling in different genres, you have lots of talent. This was another enthralling story. I just wish it could go on longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not submission

Lovely story!

May I just point out that this is not a story about submission, as you say in the introduction . A submissive is a free person who chooses to be submissive to someone. Willow didn't have a choice, and so this was abuse, as you call it in the story. Nothing to do with submissive/ dom(me) or even master/ slave in the bdsm community..

Just wanted to clarify that. Thanks for the story! I admire your writings

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not credible

Only 1 star for this incredible story. The premise of “Willow’s” past is incredible, even in America. Surviving gunshot wounds is highly incredible. Not explaining the details of Dan’s PTSD, or filling in “Willow’s” past, or saying why Gregson turned into a maniac is just as though the author couldn’t be bothered. Incredible! Waste of my time reading this garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Meh

Again everyone is surprisingly financially stable and all problems vanish in a half hearted way. Firebomb? Really?

WayPast21WayPast21about 6 years ago
Another good story

Thanks for another well crafted story. Real life is a tangled web of inconclusive ends. It's nice to have my fiction have love and conclusions (and not a la Romeo and Juliet). I do have to agree about the distinction between slave and submissive from another comment, however. Slaves are taken; submissives submit.

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMikeabout 6 years ago
Fun read.

I enjoyed the story. The concept kept me engaged.

travaynetravaynealmost 6 years ago
Both a little too hard and a little too easy

You are one of my most favorite authors on Literotica, and this story does not, for the most part, disappoint. The subject matter horrifies me, which can be a good thing. But my willingness to suspend my disbelief gets strained, however, with Willow's history. Her submissive nature is believable, but I must question how any part of her mind could have survived the unceasing and multiple horrors inflicted upon her by 5 successive, extraordinarily cruel masters since she was 10. That's the part that is too hard.

The end is what is a bit too easy. Dan's survival after being shot multiple times, reviving enough to kill Gregson before seeming to die, also strains credulity. I think this story could be greatly improved with some fundamental reconstruction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
i read it for what it was

a hero rescuing a damsel in distress and I enjoyed it

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Another Great Story......

You're going to make me a HUGE fan of your work if the stories stay this good.

Nightingale is still my Fav, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Starts off as a great story and then is horribly rushed to an end, almost as if the author got bored of writing it. Still a lot longer than your average story on this site, but not nearly as good as this author normally writes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
so well written and thrilling

loved the story and enjoyed every moment of it, the only "complaint" is that is sheds negative light on slavery and mastery substituting the "masters" with bunch of abusers (also exists of course). Slave heart like her is a great treasure and shall be appreciated yet turning her into a vanilla wife was too cruel :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
RE: so well written and thrilling

It was a lovely story and I enjoyed reading it.

But I would like to point out to the previous anon not to confuse titles with relationship types. Regardless of a person’s inclinations to either role, the fact of whether a given relationship involves consent or not makes it a vastly different sort of relationship. Despite similar titles the master/slave relationships Willow was in prior to meeting Dan were nothing like the nurturing consensual ones when the power exchange is freely given and agreed upon rather than taken uncaringly without any form of consent.

One nurtures and grows the participants, the other can traumatize and cause true and lasting harm. Be careful you don’t confuse the two just because they reuse some words or have similar surface trappings.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 5 years ago
Thought I would read this again!

I saw Dan and Willow pop up in The Shepherd's Crook and decided to re-read their story! Well worth it!

linnearlinnearover 4 years ago
Very Nice

I love the Shepherd stories and this back story about Dan and Willow was a great backstory to explain them.

TSreaderTSreaderover 4 years ago
Well done!

Wonderfully written with so much feeling! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Names

Hmm. The names Willow Smith and Percy Jackson seems familiar to me. 😉

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The short of it

I started to type a long comment and then realised you're probably not gonna read it anyways, since the story has been online quite some time. The short of it: from a story telling point of view I thought it was inconsistent and somewhat rushed towards the end. Just felt like you lost interest. Pity. A heads up for troubling content (abuse, trauma, violence) would have been nice, too.

Clarisse

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Outstanding

Bit worried as have read Shepherd's Crook and cannot remember Willow and Dan clearly so will have to re-read it.

The ending might have been a little rushed and some explanations, etc are missing but they don't detract from a beautiful story of a damaged man rescuing a damaged woman and how they saved each other.

Outstanding.

PapaGolf414PapaGolf414over 3 years ago
Well Done

Read this "romance" story (really, a Rough Romance) immediately after completing your LONG "Jack's" Serial, and found it very entertaining, even though it felt somewhat rushed at the end. Good story, well-told, and thanx for another Good Read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
excellent story

Plenty of emotion and drama are to be found in this story, which is more of a romance than anything else. Character development and an excellent plot are graced with tender love scenes to give the reader a superior reading experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

If it was anyone else's story, it'd be an easy five stars, but I thought it wasn't quite up to BurntRedstone's usual high standard. The business with the FBI agent felt too facile-- I was able to anticipate the rest of the plot from the moment the agent's turning the gold ring around his finger made Dan uncomfortable. In addition, the emphasis on anal sex was discordant, given that it would have been used to punish and humiliate Willow in her previous life.

linnearlinnearabout 3 years ago
Still Good

Second Reading and I still love it. I hope we see more of Fan and Willow in the next Ben Shepherd story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I finally got around to reading how Dan and Willow got together, it was a lovely winter - snowed in tale. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I would also have loved a tour of Dan's cabin/mansion in the mountainous woods, and all the various power generating equipment he had installed, sounded lovely. TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I hope that Dan and Willow joined up with Ben Shepherd in Las Vegas to prepare for that 'Mad Max' desert get together (with Trish and the Twins there too)! Reference their cameos in Drive. Thank you! TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

interesting, but...tons of filler, predictability, and the odd sloppy american ¨off of¨. i didn´t really keep track;; there are probably other boo boos. in general, this writer writes well - way better than usual lit fare. thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the tie-in to the Shepard series with this lovely back story. Hopefully there are more tie in stories to come

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Good story. Thoroughly enjoyed. A pinky ring?!?! ...ya, bad news. Thanks

stewartbstewartbover 2 years ago

So ... no sequels or continuations. You just love to leave us wanting more.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
Another easy... 5-stars & Favorite

.....

Btrying2Btrying2about 2 years ago

Read this fine story several times. Was my first burntRedstone story I believe. Super storytelling. Characters are interesting and have some layers. Plot line is good. The rescued kids is a nice touch and side story I have enjoyed each time I read Thanks for sharing your talent with us. John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Stayed up 'til six AM reading to finish this, when Agt. Gregson entered, I had to find out how he would die!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Absolutely amazing story. I felt every emotion through out it. And I must say cudos for the way Agt. Gregson got his comeuppance. Oh btw the biker gang was absolutely happen stance rrrrrightttttt roflmao.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Beautiful story! Amazing story! WOW! 5 BIG FUCKING SPARKLING STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

At first, I didn't make the connection that this was Dan Bishop, Ben Shepherd's old friend! Then he turned up in another story called "Drive," in which Ben and Dan show up, and it all clicked because Willow was there. Cool!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this one. Thankyou.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awesome!

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great characters, great story, great sex. What more could a reader ask for.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story 5 stars. I wondered about the backstory of Dan and Willow, as well as Wally and his wife (name?) when they were introduced to Ben Shepard in Russia. (Another backstory opportunity there) For some reason, it didn't register who 'Dan' was later in the series until Willow gives Ben that kiss and I thought, "When did the couple get back from Russia?" One reader identified the co-characters in this story in 'Drive' which I'm reading next to answer another question: 'what happened in Vegas?' Will read thru a second time to catch the slightest imperfections, lately it's been missing hyphens in twenty-five, brown-haired, etc. Some steel wool, a little elbow grease and the Redstone will be shining as good as new.

Anon56

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFireabout 1 year ago

Only real complaint (if we’re gonna call it one) I could have is that it wrapped up a bit too fast and it would have been nice to get some closure on the investigation into her past. Cute lil romance though

RanDog025RanDog02511 months ago

Damn, I have to say that this man is the best Author at Literotica! A wonderful, beautiful story! I've lost count how many times I've read it and the score gets even higher. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thank you Burnt Redstone. Your the best!

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Excellent story. Thank you.

Ravey19Ravey199 months ago

Missed the connections. Once again an excellent story from BR. 5⛤

RanDog025RanDog0256 months ago

Yep, back for more. Excellent and excellent story, can't get enough of it. What can I say, it being only four months since the last read! Another 5 BIG ONES!

OvercriticalOvercritical5 months ago

This was not completely predictable so that in itself made it different from so many other stories. Characters were a little stylized, but fit together pretty well. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Surely fingerprints (unless the scumbag boyfriend covered up her mum's death it was a crime scene and presumably searched for prints which would still be on record) and/or DNA profiling should have been thought of as a means of identifying Willow? Perhaps just forgotten by the author.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Beautiful erotic fairytale. Related to Ben Shepard and Trish's adventures in Russia and working with big Ed and the Klien Group developing Eco buildings?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories