An Angel's Fix Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
photodad
photodad
492 Followers

The seeds for the idea of her taking her hobby professionally were replanted by Cindy last fall when Ashley found Joe sitting and staring at the piano shortly after his parents' death. Ashley had put her fingers over Joe's on the keyboard, and started pushing them one by one until a melody formed and she sang softly to it. Even though it was soft, Ashley's voice was so clear, that it got Cindy's attention from the next room. At the time, a song she sang after a school talent show while goofing around was unintentionally made public and would air occasionally on the local radio station. Cindy put two and two together and begged Ashley to at least try for an album. She set up the spring break recording in Nashville, and the band Tales of The Blind funded it, having made friends with Ashley earlier through a sequence of chance events that ended up with her singing with them onstage for a local gig.

Up to now, Ashley completely believed that the studio, the album, and the advance money were all just acquaintances who were humoring her after her illness. The notion that she was at least above-average, and that it was possible to make a living beyond a 'wedding singer' just now started sinking in. All the talk about royalties that she zoned out for came forward and played back in her head. From what she remembered, there would be a check for about $20 just from what was sold at this store tonight alone.

"So, are you going to sign my copy, or what?" Joe asked.

She snapped out of her daydream and affected a somewhat cocky grin. "What do I get if I do?"

"I bought your album, didn't I?"

"Hmph. Fair enough."

Quickly she penned a note and handed it back to Joe. She looked around and didn't see anyone anyone else waiting for her, so they started walking back toward the entrance, with Jill and Jasmine yawing profusely from their long night before. Just as they reached the doors, the clerk ran up to Ashley. She said that she had been fighting with herself on whether to approach her for an autograph, and decided not to let the opportunity pass. Ashley opened the pen with her teeth and thanked the woman in her autograph for putting up with the younger crowd.

Sniffling was heard from the back seat, and Kim turned around.

"Ashley, what's wrong? I'd thought you would be on cloud nine right now."

Ashley didn't say anything when she handed Kim her own copy. Kim opened it and on the inside cover was written, "Congratulations Ashley! Greatest Love, Your songwriter, lover, and friend, Joe."

"Oh, I forgot that Joe wrote some of the tunes," Kim said.

"All but one," Ashley corrected as she was handed back the case. "I feel stupid for what I wrote on his, now."

Joe opened his smaller case and snapped it closed after reading it. "Really?" he asked with a grin.

To answer, she kissed him hard. Ashley wanted to undo her seat belt, but past experience restrained her from doing that.

Kim asked, "What did she write?"

Joe only shook his head with a grin while Ashley absolutely squirmed in her seat.

"Jill!" she called. "Pull over so I can get this seat belt off and jump Joe! Please?" Since her accident, Ashley had a hard and fast rule that everyone in the car she was in wore their belt while in motion.

"You can't be serious," said a weary Jill.

"Please! I want him so bad right now."

"It would be a good show," Kim offered.

Jill was fed up. It was early morning, she had very little sleep, and all she wanted to think about was getting in bed -- and not for fun.

"Jesus FUCKING Christ! Y'all are gonna wait the 15 minutes to get home! I'm exhausted and want nothing more than to fall into a coma for the next 18 hours. What you do once I put this thing in park is up to you, but keep your pants zipped until then! You too, Kim!"

The harsh words shocked Ashley so bad that she could taste iron in her mouth. "I'm sorry Jill. I forgot you were packing last night," she said in a small voice.

Jill softened a tad from the driver seat. "It's...fine...I just don't want to hear another word from anyone right now. Damn, Joe. You need to keep your girl reigned in."

"She's not a horse...or a dog to put a leash on, Jill. She's sorry, so you can back off now."

"A dog...maybe a dog in heat. Did you take your meds today, Ash?"

Joe was getting irritated. "JILL!"

"Yeah, I took my medicine, Jill."

Jill ignored Joe. "Well, what is with you, Ash?" she yelled from the front of the big car. "You're super quiet, then the next minute you're angry, then crying, and then you're like a slut who's been locked in a cage. And, it's not just tonight. Jesus, pick one and stick with it! I can deal with a slut." She looked at Jasmine, then at Kim. "Or a slutty bitch."

"Hey!" protested Kim.

"But, you're a whole different ball of fucked up yarn. With you, it's like dealing with five different people all rolled into one."

"Enough Jill! She gets it!" bellowed Joe from next to Ashley.

Ashley was going to apologize for asking Jill to pull over, but if her concentration on swallowing her tears wavered for just a second, she would lose it completely. Not a word was said for the rest of the ride home.

It was one in the afternoon before Jill came downstairs, still a little groggy, but feeling much stronger than the night before. The "Out" board on the fridge read that Joe was taking Jasmine to ship her project off, and to do a few errands. Kim had left to start looking for a job. That left Ashley and Jill found her laying out by the pool, wearing only panties, one of Joe's dress shirts, and a pair of iPod earbuds. Jill stepped through the glass door and crossed her arms as she approached Ashley. There was a slight breeze, so Jill laid back in the chair downwind of the redhead and lit up a menthol Marlboro.

Ashley plucked the wires from her ears. She knew something was bothering her friend, since Jill had cut back smoking except when she was really stressed. "Those will kill you, you know," she said to break the ice.

Jill let out a soft snort. "Something has to." She took a long drag, held the inhale and blew it out in a slow stream of satisfaction. "I'm glad we're alone. About last night...er...this morning..."

Ashley interrupted. "Jill, you were right, and I'm sorry for not thinking of you being so tired."

"No, I went too far. I know you can't help it, and you've been struggling with your mood swings while they figure out your hormone balance, so I took advantage. It was unfair."

"Well, truth hurts, and sometimes it needs to. You made me realize that I need to be more conscious of my moods. I'm sorry I've been a pain."

Jill puffed to finish her smoke. She left the chair briefly to pitch the butt into the pail that Joe had placed on the patio just for her addiction. When she returned to her seat she asked, "So, what did you write on Joe's CD?"

Ashley flashed a sheepish grin. "That I wanted to screw him into a coma. I felt so stupid that I didn't take it seriously and thank him for his work to write the songs, especially after seeing his simple congratulations statement on mine."

Jill nodded. "So, you were already getting horny in the store..."

"Yeah, seeing all those people buying something I did put me in a good mood. Plus school is out, and I don't have any commitments this week."

"I feel like a heel now. I thought you just flashed into that mode in the car. Well, that explains how you're dressed. Joe must have been in heaven after we got home."

"Not really. This is just comfortable. Last night, he just held me as I sobbed."

Jill's head dropped. "Ouch. Shit, I'm sorry."

Ashley shrugged, "Like I said, it was needed..." She was interrupted by her phone ringing. Actually, there were two phone calls, and it took several minutes to finish. She looked at Jill after she hung up. "Can I ask for two favors?"

"You don't have to ask. Just state what you need and I'll help. Even if I get mad at you."

Ashley gave a small smile. The brevity of it was never a good sign from her.

"Oh God, what's wrong?" asked Jill.

"Insurance company says the investigation into the accident last year is done. They want me to go to the impound to get my...our personal things from the cars before they're hauled off to the junkyard. Would you take me?"

"Sure," Jill replied immediately. "But you have a car."

"Yes, but I don't want to go alone...or with Joe. I don't know what I'll see, and I don't want him to go through it again. He was awake until he got to the hospital, I wasn't."

She dialed Joe's number to ask what he still had in his car. After she rejected his offer to take her, he replied that only the uniform the team had already replaced was in there, but to check the glove box in case he had left any money.

"What's the second favor?" Jill asked when Ashley hung up.

Ashley dropped her phone hand into her lap and fretted her eyebrows. "Can you teach me how to dance?"

* * *

The trip to the impound had gone poorly for Ashley. Her face was white as stone when she saw her car with the mangled front end. Jill listened patiently while Ashley haltingly retold her side of what had happened. After getting out her dusty bookbag and purse, they were taken to Joe's car, or what had remained of it. That's when Ashley had lost it, bawling openly into Jill's chest. The vehicle would have been more recognizable if someone said to look for an oversized metallic cigar that was pinched in the middle. It was actually in two pieces, a top and bottom half. She was so upset, Ashley actually threw up on the lot. Once Jill had her calmed down and gave her a breath mint, Ashley related what Joe had told only her. His parents had him take professional defensive driving courses when he turned sixteen. They went far beyond staying alert and allowing extra cushion while on the road. The courses trained Joe in a wide range of aggressive maneuvers, in case an enemy of the company decided to go after him. He purposely put his car between Ashley's and the wayward semi.

"He knew that he would get killed doing so, yet he still did it. He was willing to FUCKING die for me, and I barely knew him," Ashley had said.

After a few hundred more sobs, she said that while the airbag had knocked her out, Joe was conscious for the two hours it took rescue workers to cut away the roof and half the dashboard to get him out. The car was originally almost six feet wide; now, it barely eclipsed three feet.

Having dated Joe previously, Jill knew how Ashley could fall for him. His heart was as big as the ocean, and he treated his girlfriends, and even love interests, like queens. But this previously untold and now-complete story made her understand just how strong the pair's bond was. She had seen the news clips and Joe's battered body in his medicine-induced coma, but nothing prepared her to see his possible tomb in person. The whole situation chilled her, and she couldn't help but cry with Ashley.

"I don't understand what you want me to teach you. I've seen you dance, and you're fine," Jill said. They were barefoot in the plush front yard.

"Yeah, but when I'm on a stage, I feel awkward, like I'm just jumping and moving around. It's like I have no rhyme or reason. Maybe you could show me how you can be so smooth?"

"So, why are we doing this NOW?" Jill asked.

Ashley bent forward in the grass to grab her ankles while stretching. "Oh...the second call was the Band Battle promoter to see if I was going to enter the contest on Friday. Besides, I learn faster when I'm not so hyper."

That was an understatement. Ashley was downright melancholy since their errand, flirting with depression. However, she was right. She did seem more determined and focused when she wasn't happy.

"Can I ask you one more thing about the accident?" Jill asked.

Ashley sighed. "Sure."

"Why was Joe behind you in the first place? His house is the opposite direction from your house in relation to the school."

Ashley giggled. "He finally admitted that he was stalking me that day."

"Stalking you? That doesn't sound like Joe."

"He said he wanted to see where I lived, so he followed me." She looked at the grass before her and added quietly, "I'm glad he did."

"Well, you certainly caught his eye. Even before Kim left and they broke up. I don't think she's forgiven you for that yet."

There was a twinkle in Ashley's eyes. "Oh, I think I made her forgive me, even though it wasn't like I tried to catch him at that point. But you're right, she hasn't forgotten."

Jill asked Ashley what she wanted to do differently, and they worked on some more polished dance moves for Ashley's performances until twilight made it hard for them to see each other.

The contest theme this year was first records, so Ashley asked her band to come over and practice every morning by the pool. When they weren't playing, they were listening to songs from their combined CD collections. The back yard was chosen because it put the most distance and sound obstacles between them and the neighbors.

Friday came and Joe had everybody up and ready to head to the beach early. He drove the SUV for once, wanting to be sure Ashley's entry was signed up in time. Jill, Jasmine, and Kim giggled amongst themselves that Joe seemed more excited about this contest than Ashley.

She came back from the sign-in tent, saying that she was the first to sign in, but last to pay the entry fee.

"How much was that?" Kim asked.

"$2500."

"What?!"

Ashley gave a wry smile. "Because of the record, I had to enter in the professional category. But, the grand prize is $10,000. First place in the professional group gets $7000." Just then the rest of her band found them in the parking lot. "Of course, if we win it all, I'd split it with you," she told them.

Joe asked when they went on, and she said between 3 and 5, depending on how well the bands before her did. They were last to go. Everyone agreed to meet back there at 2:30, and the band broke away. The girls took turns slathering each other up with sunscreen, enduring a number of appreciative whistles. Joe and Ashley took care of themselves and went off to stroll the waterline alone before the contest began.

Effortlessly, their hands found each other and they walked with fingers intertwined. A little ways down, Ashley caught him steal a peak at her bikini clad body for about the hundredth time. She whipped in front of him, making him stop.

"I am yours, you know," she stated.

"I hope so. We're getting married in like two weeks," he said, not catching her drift.

Ashley shook her head and motioned toward her torso with her free hand. "No, I mean this. I am yours. The '10' body my mother blessed me with is included. You can look all you want, you don't have to steal glances." She looked down. "Well, if you ignore the scar."

"I don't notice a scar," he said.

"Aww, you're sweet," she replied with a tongue engaging kiss.

She pulled him by the hand to a secluded spot between the dunes. He mistook her intentions and pulled out the knot of her top. She told him he was welcome to look and play with "the girls", but she wanted to talk about something. He started to retie her, but she sat down in the sand, laid back against the gritty warmth and dragged his head to her bare chest. Even when she wanted to talk seriously, she still felt most connected to him if she did so while he worshiped her with caresses and nibbles. Vice-versus was true as well. While he suckled at her breast, she told him the feelings that were invoked when she was at the impound lot. She wanted nothing in return for saying so, only to make sure he knew what he meant to her.

He lifted his head up and kissed her sweetly. Even though she thought that was all she wanted, he ventured to apologize for not being as expressive lately. He explained what she already understood, that the process of taking his parents' company public along with finishing high school had him severely distracted. He went on to say that he was proud of her and what she had accomplished in school, the new record, and her little wedding music business. Joe shared his vision for a great life ahead of them, and assured her that it wouldn't be complete or fun without her.

She reached behind his head and pulled it to hers, making out with him for a couple of minutes until she felt him tug at her bottom piece.

"Now? It's broad daylight, and a few people have already walked by."

"They wouldn't see us through the sea oats," he countered, breathing already ragged.

"I still have to perform." She was surprised that her head was able to make the objection. Her body certainly wanted to let him, the slick feeling between her legs made that known. She thanked Jill silently for helping her see consequences for once.

"You want me to use my fingers?"

"Yes," she moaned. "And no...a little tension might make me a bit more playful on stage." She hated turning him down for any reason. "You can go yourself, if you want." Ashley pushed her tits together in an invitation.

Beach settings are a favorite romance fantasy for any hot-blooded person. Alas, SAND does nothing to enhance intimacy during the actual act, especially when it is as fine as the beach they were on. Some had fallen off his knee when he moved astride her and stuck to the oil on Ashley, making itself known to Joe in a few short strokes against her chest. Still straddling her, he wiped his hand on his board shorts, then smoothed it over her slippery belly and legs to collect some of the oil.

Grasping his cock he asked, "sure you don't mind?"

She shook her head with a smile. "Go for it, big guy. Let yourself go."

Ashley teased him by licking her lips and playing with her breasts and nipples as she watched him pleasure himself above her. Her legs squirmed against the pleasure between them when his climax landed on her neck, chest, and belly. She sat up and kissed his mouth, licking his teeth and caressing his tongue with hers. Finally, she reattached her top, headed for the water, and answered nature's call while rinsing evidence away. They headed back hand in hand after her makeshift bath. When they reached the SUV, only her and Joe's passes were left in the front seat. Although Ashley was one of only a few redheads blessed with melatonin in her skin, she didn't want to chance burning from being out all day. So, she slipped on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and they headed to the festival after donning their passes around their necks.

Joe was buying her a vitamin water when a local DJ took the stage to kick off the event. After welcoming the crowd and announcing which charity was benefiting from the ticket sales, he explained the rules. He made a show of shuffling a pack of index cards and placed them face-down on a stool, where they would reside in public view for the entire contest. The first amateur band took the stage, got their assigned song, and the contest got underway. They, like the one following them, were loud, obnoxious, flailed about the stage, and pretty much terrible in general.

Right away, Ashley saw why the crowd was still pretty thin. The amateur category had mostly garage bands, with a few hobby bands that did private parties, but grossed under a certain amount. The advance Ashley was paid over spring break put her over the threshold by itself. She asked Joe if he saw what the bottom card said, but all he remembered was that there was an 'N', same as her. She prayed that it wasn't 'NSync. The third band was decent and got enough cheers from the crowd to move on to a second draw, but failed to come up with a correct song for the third artist. Joe started getting annoyed with the lackluster performances, and Ashley humored him by walking with him to view a number of vendor tents.

"Hey, where's the girls? Have you seen them lately?" Ashley asked after finishing a bite of her hotdog under the beer tent. She had been having so much fun just being with Joe that she almost forgot about the others.

photodad
photodad
492 Followers