All Comments on 'An Emotional Affair'

by Farmers_Son

Sort by:
  • 67 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
i had a similar experience

it wasn't as intense. just dating. the girl was so focused on school, we stopped going on dates and just talking.

i initiated maybe 95% of all our interactions. she was actually surprised that i would dump her. she really THOUGHT we were still hanging out all the time. Her tunnel vision for school was all-encompassing. I tried to tell her over a dozen times to make a SINGLE afternoon for just us. I was in the same school after-all. I waited a month, that's how in a fog she was.

This story is similar, but it involves another person. It's absolutely more of a betrayal. Her lack of communication, constant denial, and constant bad priority choices made her ultimately NOT a good person. Not evil. But selfish, shallow, and a breaker of oaths. Marriage is to 'forsake all others'. That's not just physical. And let's be honest, no reader here is sure she didn't just emotionally cheat. She's LIVING with the guy practically. At the very least emotional cheating to the extreme. But since he's not even getting physical comfort from her, she's less useful than a paperweight.

Moral of this story, and many others:

Never go full love...it's destructive. Love yourself first, or people WILL use you.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 5 years ago
liked it

some big gaps there but enjoyed it. im not saying that something like that couldnt happen but true story lol maybe the next person will believe that. ty for the read

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Deserves a better rating.

First, I am a fan of this author. Second, after reading a story, I read the comments sections to simply compare my experience reading a story to how other readers experienced the same story.

That said, I always find low ratings for a story posted questionable. The lower the rating, the more I try to understand why. I post here and get why people don't like my stories. I get it. But this author, 'Farmers_Son' is a very fun and interesting story teller.

That said, this story deserves a better rating. This story doesn't deserved to be low rated because people are not happy with the ending. I only hope this writer and many like him/her continue posting. The readers who shoot down stories here as 'Anonymous' are somewhat shameful.

Seriously, if you want to post nonsense about the writers on this site, at least register and be bold and beautiful. Writers can take constructive criticism posted here. If you are registered at least the writer can respond to explain their line of reasoning in taking the story the way the story fell in a direction you didn't like.

Bottom line: Honestly, most writers on Literotica can take constructive criticism and are willing to address the issue with a reader. Anon's should take the high road and look at the over structure of what the writer is conveying.

Most of the Anon's who are negative,are like hit and run drivers. Not very nice people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Reality bites!

This was a really good story, partly because it was based on fact. But more than that it was told from a different point of view than we're used to. It isn't easy to make a believable voice for someone so different. I think this is one of your better efforts. Congratulations!

R.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 5 years ago
Something new

I enjoyed this. It was a new story and different than much of the same old, same old.

Thanks

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
Truth stranger than fiction

Definitely a LW story - despite the lack of sex. Well written, compelling and poignant. Deserves a bigger audience than what you get in Non-erotic. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

If this was based on a true story, he should have done the world a favor and successfully hung himself. No man can be that terminally stupid, pussy whipped and plain spineless.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Mental illness

It was a good story and you told it well. Melissa had to be mentally ill to throw herself into her role as caregiver at the expense of her marriage. Mental illness is like alcoholism - there are drugs, but in the end the person needs to want to get well. It seems she did not. You told the story well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Had to have been some way

To get an alcoholic that couldn't walk to the top of a tall staircase with a couple bottles of booze, and just give him a little "help" getting to the bottom.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Depressing as hell

Why post on Literotica? There was nothing sexy or erotic about this unhappy tale. And it seemed that Melissa was the one in need of therapy. It still wasn't clear why he tried to hang himself. Was he really mentally impaired in some manner that wasn't clear? This was just no fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@12/03/18 Anonymous

Why complain about non-erotic content in a category marked "non-erotic"?

I'm assuming you can read. Perhaps it is comprehension that is lacking?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I liked this story.

This story felt real life to me. I could see how the husband could end up in a bad depression due to Melissa’s actions. Depression once it gets a hold of you does cause people to at least think about suicide if it doesn’t actual occur. Melissa acts like a bleeding heart type of person. She ignores her family and friends while helping some low life weasel who is just using her. She “needs” to be helping some wayward person to feel good about herself. But she ends up feeling depressed after that person moves out of her life. Melissa fails to see the hurt that she gives the people around her due to her selfish actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Total loser

What a total loser of a man. You should have left him hanging from the tree and spare us his constant whining! What a total pussy. I guess it’s the old adage, “write about what you know”

IainmoreIainmoreabout 5 years ago
Depressing

Well that was bloody depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

If my wife acted this way I would laugh and be gone before she could change her mind or was able to make up. I already got the best years of her life, if she wants to bail now, I will hold the door open for her, not commit suicide.

But hey, the story was different, liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
ending doesn't fit.

After her being so dominated by helping Jimmy how can she just part ways like she did? I mean she was willing to lose her marriage over helping that bastard but at the end she just moves away and Jimmy goes his way?

BOYO1STTRYBOYO1STTRYalmost 5 years ago
Wade.....as thick as beef stew and a complete waste of a skin...do people like him actually exist?

Rubbish!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Stop making your husbands weak

He would have dumped her way earlier in this yarn. Once she checked out he should have started a new life and left her with Jimmy. This author loves husbands that are pathetic and stupid

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Story

Many aspects of this story resemble my marriage. When I had my bout with cancer my wife distanced herself from me emotionally. If it were not for our daughter I am not so sure I would have fought the cancer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nwt

Not worth the time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just guessing...

These people are what some called, "white trash".

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Trash

Even though I like your stories and know that they are fiction. I strongly believe that this is the worst story you’ve written. One (1).

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Emotional affairs

Saw this happen, unless you've seen this you wouldn't understand it at all. After the inevitable divorce the wife had a nervous breakdown. Sad story all the way around.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great Story

The person that needed mental help was Melissa. My brother's wife almost became another Melissa but my Brother's ultimatum to stop all contact with the guy she was helping or face a divorce seemed to work. She later got some counseling and I'm happy to report they are still together 25 years later.

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Good story

Melissa is definitely one sick Bitch

TajfaTajfaalmost 4 years ago

Sounds like she had a mental illness. Also it would have been interesting to know why she cut ties with Jimmy after all she did to ruin her marriage.

JhWALLJhWALLover 3 years ago
Women just won't listen to reason

Modern women just throw all reason out the window when something or someone tries to make them see the error of their ways I don't know if this is a disease or just stubbornness because I am seeing it constantly day to day everywhere I go even in shops on the streets or in homes we visit.

I have blown my top with my own wife a number of times to make her stop her completely stubborn attitude over common sense things.

Maybe it's just evil propagating in the people of these times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nope not crazy just fucken feminism at its worst men don’t matter anymore

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I know this might sound bad but I hated Jimmy with a passion.

One day when I saw Jimmy walking, yes WALKING out of a bar I completely lost it.

Apparently he had been scamming the welfare system because he was too lazy to work. When he saw me he got a real smirk on his face and was about to say something about my wife but my fist hit him first. He admitted after several minutes of beating that he had tried to fuck my wife but she would not be in it. He then decided he would break us up by being a needy mongrel.

I then proceeded to take a lot of frustration out on him. He pretended to be severely incapacitated before well after I finished with him he definitely was incapacitated.

When it was found out that he had scammed the system before he got no assistance whatsoever.

He never told the Police who did that to him as he was incapable of speech or any cogent thought after I finished.

Serves the bastard right as far as I am concerned.

My ex-wife wanted to come back to care for him until she found out she had been a victim of his scam as well. She never saw the arsehole again and he died in a Hospice several years later with no-one to mourn him.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago
Anon 11/6/20

Contact your friends. They are worried about you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

If this story is in anyway true then it's really sad. Melissa obviously has something along the lines of OCD and she is emotionally addicted to Jimmy as as he is addicted to drugs and alcohol. As with any addiction the addict has to reach rock bottom to finally accept that they are an addict. Only then do they really seek help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

your all Kidding ! you have to be any clown that would let his wife get that involved that deeply with some man (and loose her job over it deserves what he get (Nothing and he remarries kidding ) Why , Please explain that one , talk about a mental retard , please explain why a man with his tract record would even have the time or inclination to (Marry again ) he might need to have his balls removed for the rest of us men in the world, He is giving man-hood a bad name. And his daughters ? skanks >in training. Screw there dad over for no other reason than he is a wimp and a poor excuse of a man . Hang Him ala-Akbar for god.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

story incomplete. Too many things left untouched.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

piss poor 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I do not think of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ouch kind of hard to listen to a maudlin little guy who goes to suicide attempts . He showed some passive strength in the end I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story was good and the ending was decent but it should have ended when he came home from Hospital and found Jimmy in the house.

He should have reminded the bitch that the freeloader was not welcome in his house. Then when she argued he should have physically thrown Jimmy out.

Then when the bitch went out to help Jimmy closed and locked the doors. When the Police came our MC should say the bitch is welcome in to pack up her shit but the freeloading, drunken asshole is not welcome on his property.

Then the MC should sue for divorce from his wife AND see what could be done to Jimmy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I stopped reading after the first few paragraphs.

You depict the MC with such a low opinion of himself that it made my blood boil.

I would have rated this 0 if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Having had long term mental health issues because of my wife, this storey felt a goodly part real and then at the end it said it was based on a true event. A lot of the comments are so shallow that it is obvious these persons have no idea of mental health issues and how they get under ones skin over time. My wife left home and said I was an abuser, and I was, but it was because she would not listen to. It was all over her being far too friendly with persons. She could not stop herself going far too involved with them and doing things no married person should do. In the end I was fighting her as there was nothing else to fight for. Anyway, she left, I was an abuser to all her friends, work friends that is, then she tells me she had another boy friend that she was seeing after work. She divorced me and ends up committing adultery the same time as she put the divorce process in operation. I only found this out when the court paper work came through for dividing the house a year later. The divorce took two and three quarter years to complete because of her. I am left with the bad mental health issues from her actions long ago and its all my fault. I am on the road to recovery. All I am saying is people in situations get sucked in to things of not their making, try to deal with it and it drives them BONKERS. By the way when she abandoned the family home I said to friends she would lose her job, move away and get into financial difficulty. I was not believed. It all happened. All because she would not listen to me. She would not see reason and she did not listen to me. He went to the police as I called her a filthy and disgusting person when she owned up to what she was doing after work with that dipstick. As I said its all my fault. Isn't it?

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Spineless

What a wimp he is.The first night she spent at Jimmie's ,he should have dumped her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This reads like a textbook example of how to be dismissed from a caregiver position. Zero separation of personal and work life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I know it's a story, but, Melissa and Jimmy should both be pushing up daisies. Both are useless POS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You should have let your main character die in his attempt at hanging. Anyone that stupid should not be allowed to survive.To hard to read his story because its hard to except how dumb you made him...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really good I like your stories and your a good talented author.I don’t get why there are so many angry hatters on here they really need to get a life.it’s a fucking story that’s all

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I didn't see the talk where Melissa said it's just an emotional affair. Oh well. More importantly, she's leaving him, family, at the drop of Jimmy's call, including staying overnight. He should've recorded their conversations at 1st, then give her an ultimatum. She calls him a baby, etc., & leaves for Jimmy, hubby changes the locks, sees a lawyer (maybe not in that order), & throws her stuff in the front yard. No trying to kill onesself, talking to everybody to talk to her, or anything else. Time to get rid of the bitch; if she's not having a sexual affair with Jimmy, she's doing an excellent job of making her husband think so. While he wouldn't have the hospital counseling on his side, in court, he could play the conversations of her dismissing his concerns & going to Jimmy. Well written / interesting story. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Honestly I think she did have a physical affair or why els would she move in jimmy while her husband was in the syc ward .

Ether that or she is just to stupid to be married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pathetic

It's very easy to get rid of the intruder

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

“There actually were no bad people here, just victims.”

Bullshit! The wife is a bad person. The cripple is a bad person. The daughters are bad for lying about abuse. Whoever put them up to it is pure evil! The pastor counseling forgiveness, but not telling the wife to repent is biblically wrong. All the friends and relatives who didn’t help him stand up to her are bad people.

Lots and lots of people who need to be punished!

ZK

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

LoL! Melissa was a piece of shit.

No, she was not good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Utterly depressing and unresolved.

🌟🌟🌟

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

Dreary, unpleasant story with no point to it...2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Farmers_Son really quite likes the wimpy husband archetype. Not the cuck husband, but men that have little in the way of backbone. They all appear to be quite lily-livered across his stories.

He also like to turn the wives into total braindeads, whose actions are just monumentally stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Melissa was ill or a monster. Perhaps both...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

All of this writer's male MCs are weak-willed, milquetoast Doormats.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Not every good, but somewhat simple minded man is smart enough to handle a wife (Melissa) developing a severe case of obsessive behaviour due to hidden mental breakdown. Extremely sad story about real world people, very well told. 5 stars, of course. Thank you, FS!

Sadly, there are a lot of even more simple minded readers here at LIT feeling smart enough to leave extremely cringeworthy comments. This is one of the good stories here where I feel ashamed for the majority of the co-commenters.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

No ending

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Yet another fucking awful story from this perpetually inept, tragically bad author.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Emotional cheating is far more damaging than sexual cheating. When a spouse gives all feelings to the seducer the other spouse is left in an impossible position.He or she has to deny jeoulosy, selfishness and being a mean person. Caring for people is a good trait but excessive caring becoming an obsession will wreck a marriage every time.

chasbo38chasbo386 months ago

Sorry but I cannot believe the basic premise of this story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Emo5tional affairs are always more damaging than physical. When feelings are involved it is deeper than just physical or sexual. Jimmie boy did a number on her and she fell for it. I hope she regrets it forever when she finally wakes up from her delusion.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Mellissa was a delusional bitch. Good thing he finaly got rid of her.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Mellisa is the most gullible stupid women I've ever heard of. Adding to that she became very cruel. Even her husband tring to commit suicide did not deter her frombecoming a slave to Jimmy. Maybe there was

no sex but an emotional affir and connection is the worst.

OlefishermanOlefisherman3 months ago

Author is in LA LA land I know it his story but come on. In most states as part of any civic class, and the last time I looked it is one of the requirements in high school. You learn that a person must petition the court if they encounter an individual that is a threat to themselves or another thus Jimmy (or can not meet their basic needs). The Sheriff will pick them up they will be evaluated an attorney appointed a hearing held. Determination made and little Jimmy adjudicated. More than likely his ass given a vial of pills and tossed into the street because in 1971 you all decided to close all the State hospitals across this great nation and put the mentality ill out on the street. You said you did it because they were being held without due process, but the truth was politicians just got tired of paying the bill. I doubt this will ever see the light of day because it the truth and people are afraid of the truth.

Harvey8910Harvey8910about 2 months ago

This was a good story as it highlights how an emotional attachment can be just as damaging as a physical and sexual affair. Melissa was involved with Jimmy and neglected her husband. They needed to get divorced. Wade is a little too weak-minded for my tastes but he did the right thing in the end. Thought-provoking story and five stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous