An English Lesson

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,936 Followers

As I handed the tissue to her; she looked at me and said, "I'm so very sorry for the dreadful way I've treated you, Harry. You didn't deserve that and I hope you will be able to forgive me." Before I could reply, she began to cry again only this she curled up next to me, almost in my lap, and wept even harder than before. I just sat next to her and held while she cried.

After a few moments, she calmed back down, and while she wiped her eyes, I said, "There's nothing to forgive, okay? I understand that certain things that happen to us have the tendency to make us hard on, not only other people, but on our selves as well. You're no different than anybody else I know."

She looked up at me with those beautiful blue eyes and said, "But I've been such a horribly wretched bitch to you for something that wasn't even your fault."

I laughed and said, "Yes, you have," and continued laughing.

At first she looked at me like I was crazy, but my laughter must've been contagious because Kiera began to laugh along with me, and soon we were both roaring. After we'd both regained our composure, I smiled and asked, "So, are we friends now?"

She put her arm around my neck and kissed me lightly on the cheek and replied, "Yes, we're friends now." At the same time my stomach growled loud enough to wake the dead causing her to giggle so, I said, "Well then, how would my new friend like it if I took her out to dinner. Besides; my stomach is telling me that I'm starving."

She giggled delightfully, and pointing to my stomach, replied, "Yelling is more like it," giving cause to the rise of laughter from both of us again. She excused herself to go to the bathroom and wash her face as well as redo her make-up, and then we were on our way.

We left my apartment building and began to walk down the street. As we walked, Kiera turned and said, "I wanted to tell you that I think you play piano beautifully."

I smiled and said, "And I wanted to tell you that I'm really sorry for the way I scolded you the first day we met."

She giggled and replied, "You told me that there was nothing to forgive when I tried to apologize to you so, I'm going to tell you the same thing, okay?"

"Okay," I replied with a grin. We walked for about a block and came to a restaurant called 'The Red Lion' and went in.

The moment we entered, the maitre'd greeted us warmly and said, "Two for supper, sir?"

"Yes, please," I replied.

He recognized Kiera and said, "We're honored to have you here, Miss Brighton. Will you both follow me, please?"

He led us to a secluded table in the back, away from the rest of the restaurant's patrons in order to give us privacy. As soon as we were seated and our drink orders had been taken, the waiter walked away. After waiting until he was out of hearing range, Kiera looked at me and said, "Harry, can I ask you something rather personal?"

"Sure," I replied.

She looked at me apprehensively and said, "How old are you?" I laughed and she gave me a bewildered look and said, "What?"

"I thought you were going to ask me something personal."

"Well, isn't someone's age something personal enough?"

I smiled and replied "It is only if you're ashamed of it, or you're trying to hide it, but in answer to your question, I'm forty-five!"

"Really?" she replied, with a look of amusement, "Well, you most certainly don't look it." Then she smiled and said, "I'm going to be thirty two on my next birthday!"

It was my turn to say, "Well you most certainly don't look it either. Hell, I thought you couldn't have been any older than twenty-three or twenty-four at the very most." She beamed at the compliment but I was very serious.

When our drinks came, Kiera held up her glass and said, "Here's to good music and my very new and hopefully very good friend. Cheers!"

"Cheers!" I replied while we touched glasses. Kiera watched me intently as she sipped her drink. Then as she set her glass down, I looked at her and said, "By the way, I meant to tell you that I thought you played piano quite nicely as well."

"Coming from you, that's a very fair compliment, thank you kind sir," she replied.

I smiled and said, "It's not a compliment, it's the truth!"

After we'd ordered our food, Kiera looked at me and said, "I wanted to also tell you that I was truly touched by the way my song affected you at rehearsal today. I never thought that my music would have such a profound impact or evoke emotions like that from anyone."

I smiled, and taking her hand in mine, replied, "Kiera sweetie, you have a very wonderful gift, and the first time I heard you sing I knew that you were going to be a star."

"Do you really think so?" she asked excitedly.

"I know so!" I replied.

I didn't realize how hungry I really was until the food arrived at the table. I had steak and Kiera had chicken, but it was still very delicious, and by the time we were finished; we were both very full. Afterwards, while we were enjoying our coffee, Kiera looked at me and smiled then said, "Could I ask a favor of you Harry?"

I smiled and replied, "Name it!"

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat and said, "Well...I um....I was wondering if...um..."

"What is it Kiera?" I asked smiling.

She grinned and said, "I was wondering if maybe we could go back to your place and talk for a while?"

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked uneasily.

She smiled a little more confidently and replied, "You'll just have to wait and see, now, won't you?" and then she giggled like a little girl.

This was a quality that, in the short time that I'd known her, I began to adore so, I said, "Well, alright then, but we've got rehearsal bright and early tomorrow so, we better not stay up too late, alright?"

"Right then, let's go," she replied. Before we left the restaurant; I went to pay the check but Kiera would not allow me to do any such thing. "What kind of person would I be if I didn't at least buy your dinner after the way I've treated you?" she told me, while batting those big blue eyes of hers at me. Of course my resolve melted on the spot and I relented.

On the way out of the restaurant; Kiera nonchalantly grabbed my arm and snuggled into it as we casually strolled down the sidewalk. She looked up into my eyes and said, "I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to apologize and to you get to know you better as well."

"Don't mention it little lady," I replied in my best John Wayne impersonation.

She giggled and said, "I've always liked 'The Duke' since I was a little girl. My Mum and I used to watch him on the telly late at night on the weekends when I didn't have to get up for school the next day."

I didn't want to violate Toni's trust but, at the same time I didn't want to sound condescending either. I simply wanted to convey my feelings of understanding for how hard I knew she must've had it not having a father figure when she was young so I said, "Please don't be angry but I asked Toni about you, and your Mom sounds like a great person to me."

She simply squeezed my arm, and smiling, replied, "I'm not angry at all, and yes; she's the best. I owe her a lot."

When we got to my apartment building, I opened the door for her and followed her inside to the elevator or 'lift' as they call it in England. We rode in silence up to my apartment and once the door opened on my floor; I followed her to my front door. After unlocking and opening it; I followed her in. Once we were inside my apartment and the door was closed; Kiera turned to me and said, "Do you mind if I make some tea?"

"Not at all, let me show you where everything is," I replied.

She smiled and said, "There's no need. I'm female Harry so, what kind of woman would I be if I didn't know my way around a kitchen?"

I had to laugh, and motioning toward the kitchen, replied, "Then by all means, be my guest."

She gave me another one of her beautiful smiles and went straight to the kitchen while I went into the living room and sat down on the couch. As I turned on the lamp on the end table; I heard Kiera say, "You keep your kitchen like I keep mine."

"How is that?" I asked.

"You keep everything in the same place that I do," she said.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that things were that way when I checked into the apartment so; I simply replied, "How cool is that?" She just giggled, and then a few moments later, came in with two cups of freshly brewed tea.

While we sat together on the couch drinking our tea; I set my cup down and said, "So, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

Kiera placed her cup beside mine on the coffee table then looked at me and, with a slight tremor in her voice, said, "I need to ask you something."

I could tell that she was afraid of something but I wasn't quite sure so, I simply said, "You can ask me anything you want."

She looked at me, and as she began to speak; her bottom lip and chin began to quiver when she said, "Harry I'm afraid.....and I don't know what to do about it."

"What are you afraid of?" I asked, concerned.

Her eyes filled with tears and she replied, "What you said about my career in the break room earlier today really got my attention. I don't want to make a fool of myself in front of all those people and I'm absolutely terrified that I will." She wasn't openly crying but none the less; tears were now steadily falling down her pretty cheeks.

I reached over and wiped the tears from her face and said, "Aw Kiera, Sweetie, it's going to be just fine, I assure you. Like I already said, you have a very special gift. And I think that once you share it with the world, they're going to absolutely adore you."

Then she seemed to suddenly shake off the fear, and sitting up straight, she looked at me and said, "Toni said that you are the best, and one of the most experienced in your field, which compels me respect your opinion. If you say that everything will be alright then, I believe you..."

I sensed some hesitation in what she was saying so I replied "You don't sound too convinced, Kiera."

She laughed and replied, "Is it that obvious?"

I just smiled and said, "You have to believe in yourself to make it work, ya know?" Kiera grinned, and gathering her tea cup, took it to the kitchen.

Then she returned to the living room, and looking at her watch, said, "It's getting late and we've got rehearsals tomorrow. I want to thank you for putting up with me this evening, Harry."

I stood up and said "It was no trouble at all. I enjoyed the time we spent together. You're going to be just fine, I assure you sweetie!" She gave me another one of her earth shattering smiles, then stood on her tip toes and lightly kissed me on the cheek and said, "Thank you for everything Harry. I'll see you tomorrow then," and then she turned and walked out the door, closing it behind her, but not before she turned to wink at me before she left.

~~~~~~

The next morning; I woke feeling more refreshed than I'd felt in many years. I took a shower and prepared myself for the day. When I got to the studio and into the rehearsal suite, everyone was sitting around looking at me with knowing smiles on their faces. I looked around the room and said, "What?"

Toni walked up to me and nudged me on the shoulder and said, "We were just wondering what you did to put Kiera in such a good mood today."

"All I did was to encourage her to do her very best and not be afraid," I replied.

Just then, Kiera walked in and looked at me and said, "Good Morning Harry. How are you this morning?"

I smiled and said, "I'm doing great thank you. How are you?"

She took a deep breath, and then exhaling slowly, said, "I'm doing wonderful thank you." Snickers emanated throughout the room. Kiera frowned then looked around the room and said, "What are you all laughing at, you wankers?"

Toni looked at her sheepishly smiling and said, "Oh nothing dear, we were just happy to see that you're doing so well today, that's all."

Kiera smiled and replied, "Well, in that case; we've got a lot of work to do this morning so, I think we should get to it." Then turning to look at me, she said "What do you think Harry?" Of course this made everyone laugh out loud, but to her credit, Kiera remained steadfast, and smiling, said "Oh shut up, you tossers!"

Rehearsal went extremely well and Kiera sang her heart out. I knew right then that I was witnessing greatness in the making. I couldn't help but give myself a silent pat on the back for having helped her conquer whatever it was that had been holding her back. Toni even noticed a difference as well, and as soon as it was time to take a morning break; she pulled me aside and said, "Can I see you in my office for a moment please?"

"Please tell me you didn't have sex with her, Harry," said Toni, as we sat in her office talking. Before I could answer; I laughed and Toni looked at me sternly and said, "I'm not kidding nor am I trying to be funny!"

"No, I didn't have sex with her Toni," I answered.

"Then why is she acting like a girl who just got shagged seven ways from Sunday?" asked Toni accusingly.

Because of the tone of voice that she was using, I took the defensive and said, "Look! I don't know who the hell you think you are to ask me something like this to start with, but let me tell you right now, she came over to my apartment last night in tears to tell me that she felt bad about how she'd treated me before. Then we went to dinner and talked. Do you understand? We just talked! If that's what it takes to put her in a good mood, then I'm all for it and, as her producer, so should you be as well."

Toni rose from behind her desk glaring at me and angrily said, "Don't you dare use that tone of voice with me. Don't forget that I'm the one who's in charge here. Do you understand me?" She was leaning very near my face and I was almost knocked unconscious by the smell of alcohol on her breath as she added, "I'll have you drummed out of England and you will never work here again. Do you understand me you arrogant bastard?"

With that I stood up and said, "Oh yeah? Well, fuck you! I don't need this shit!" Then I turned and walked out of Toni's office, slamming the door behind me. I was fuming mad and I decided that I was through with all of it. When I got back to the studio suite I looked at the engineers and said, "I'll be back this evening to get my gear. Tell Toni that she can shove this gig up her presumptuous and pompous ass," then I turned and stormed out of the studio and headed to the apartment.

The moment I got back to the apartment I began to pack my clothes and make ready to head back to the United States. At least there I knew what to expect from everyone. Besides, I'd already made enough money to retire and live very comfortably for the rest of my life. I sure as hell wasn't going to put up with some mother hen who out right accused me of basically stealing the virtue of one of her little chicks. I called the airlines only to find out that I couldn't get a flight back to the U.S. for at least another forty-eight hours. So I decided that I would go back to the studio after everyone had left to collect my gear and get it ready to travel back home with me. After all, I sure as hell wasn't going to remain in England any longer than necessary. I'd already resigned myself to that fact the minute I walked out of Toni's office.

Later that evening when I went back to the studio to sort out my gear, I was heading toward the suite where my equipment was when I heard two voices yelling at one another. Judging by the sound, as well as the volume at which they spoke, the voices were ostensibly female. As I neared the doors to the suite where my gear was, they came flying open followed by a very angry Toni with Kiera right on her heels. I was about to turn around when Toni said, "Wait one minute Harry!"

I immediately took a defensive posture and said, "What do you want?"

"I want to talk to you, dammit," replied Toni angrily.

"Haven't you already said and done enough?" I inquired sternly.

Before Toni could say anything further, Kiera stepped in and said, "Harry's right, Toni; you've already said and done more than enough. Besides, I've already spoken to the record label about this, and like I just told you; you're fired!" I stood there like a deer caught in the headlights of an on coming car and didn't say a word. Toni was about to say something else to me when Kiera stepped in between the two of us and added, "Do I need to call the police to come and escort you from the building or do I let Harry do what I'm sure he'd be more than happy to do, which would probably be to throw you out on your arse?"

Kiera looked at me for support so, I leaned down and got face to face with Toni, and with the most menacing face I could muster, said, "I believe you heard what the lady said so, I suggest you leave, now!"

Toni stepped back and around me then, before she left the building, turned to face both Kiera and I and said, "I have a contract with you, and believe me; this isn't over yet!"

"It is when you're in violation of said contract. Now, get out!" snapped Kiera. The rage in Toni's face was evident when she whipped back around and stormed off.

After Toni was out of the building and out of sight; I turned to Kiera and asked, "What was that all about?"

She looked at me then took my hand and said, "Would you come with me please?" She led me back through the studio doors and sat me down in one of two chairs that were facing one another and said, "Harry, I'm really sorry for what Toni said to you. As you can see, I've taken care of that situation."

"You didn't have to, ya know," I replied.

She put her palm to my cheek and said, "Yes, I did!"

"Why?" I asked.

With her palm still on my face, she smiled brightly and said, "Because I'm not about to lose the best pianist/keyboardist or the best person I've ever known because of the ramblings of some lunatic wannabe producer." Before I had a chance to respond, Kiera laughed and added, "Besides; she was on probation with the record label because of, not only her drinking habits, but her past behavior, and in all honesty, I really didn't like her to begin with."

"So, what are you going to do for a producer now?" I asked.

Kiera smiled devilishly, and removing her hands from my face, quickly hopped into my lap, and with eyes sparkling like diamonds, said "Well, I was thinking, Harry, that with your experience and your ear for perfection, maybe you could produce me."

I rose from my chair, making Kiera stand up also, and said, "Whoa! Wait a minute! Kiera, honey, you can't be serious."

She giggled and said, "I talked to your agent right after you left today, and he said that you've got plenty of experience at this sort of thing. So, I talked to the people at the record label here in London, and they said that if you agreed then it was alright with them." And once again, before I could respond, Kiera threw her arms around my neck, and holding on to me tightly, said, "Please Harry, I really need your help."

Just then, a little voice deep within me made it very plain to me that I really had no choice. Besides, I knew that I could easily pull this off but it was going to take a lot of very hard work on the parts of everyone involved. So, I pulled her away from me and held her at arms length and said, "Alright I'll do it, but we need to clear up a few things first, okay?"

"Anything!" she replied happily.

I sat her back down in her chair and said, "If you want me to do this, it's going to cost you more than I'm being paid now." She immediately frowned making me ask, "What?"

Her frown melted into a smile and she replied, "I didn't expect for you to do it for nothing, you silly man."

I grinned and said, "Now that we've cleared that up, there are some other things you need to know if you want me to be your producer."

MoogPlayer
MoogPlayer
1,936 Followers