An Honorable Deception

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As he watched her climb the stairs, he thought, "I'll bet she can."

_____________________

Greg got around to reading Jen's letter that day. He honestly felt compassion for her, because he had difficulty turning off the love for someone he had loved for so long. But he wasn't going back. He was tired of fighting for a spot near the top of her list. He honestly had no thoughts about starting something with Liz. She was a dynamite admin and a great friend helping him through a tough time.

Jen tried to convince Greg to go to counseling, but he persuaded her that they had been too far apart for too long and that too much damage had been done.

The kids were disappointed but not surprised. They had spoken several times and wondered if a divorce was forthcoming. It did.

Jen was not named in Trent's divorce case, only the other woman from the hotel. Trent's father was more than a little disappointed in his son. The episode convinced him that Trent was nowhere near ready to take over the firm. So, he decided to work a little longer and position someone else to lead the firm when he retired. If Trent were to take over, it wouldn't be for at least ten more years. Jen was approached to sign an agreement saying that she would not sue them for sexual harassment, and in return, she was given a ten-year agreement preventing her from being fired for any reason other than gross negligence. It was a huge relief.

That worked out well for everyone, including Greg, because it meant he didn't have to pay any alimony, which he had worried about if she were for some reason let go. Amongst the financial settlement, Greg did keep the vacation house. He tried to use it more frequently. Liz always accompanied him.

Liz's long-term thinking skills that helped her at work also helped her in her personal life. Just because she never made a romantic move towards Greg, she wasn't idle, though she did try to be subtle.

When just the two of them were at the vacation house, she wore a smallish two-piece swimsuit instead of her usual conservative bikinis. Around her house, she dressed the same, though maybe she wore a few more skirts so that when she would sit next to him on the couch, always, the skirt would ride up a little showing more of her shapely legs. From time to time, she would join him for breakfast wearing a thin silk robe over a silk, knee-length, strappy nightgown with a lot of lace.

She would give him a dazzling smile whenever she saw how he had to squirm a little to adjust himself when seeing her in that. She greeted him every morning with longish hugs, letting him know how much she appreciated him and that he was loved. She ended each day the same way.

It took them just over one year to share their first passion-filled kiss. It took them less than one minute after that kiss to make it to her bedroom, which is where they slept for the next ten years until they retired. Four months after the kiss they were married.

Italy greeted them warmly, as did Argentina.

Jen was genuinely happy for the new couple - sad for herself, but happy for them. She knew they were good for each other. Their kids were disappointed, but glad to see their father happy again.

Even though it took some trial and error and heartache to get there, Liz and Greg proved to be good partners in business...and in life.

Liz had encouraged in him a positive attitude that things would get better, and then she took it upon herself to ensure that they did.

*********

That's it. I hope it was entertaining. Kind of scary what can be done with deep fakes these days. There is a story on Lit specifically about that. In this story, the deep fake was intended for her to feel his pain, nothing more.

I have a great deal of respect for couples that can drift apart and find their way back. I suspect that is incredibly difficult.

Thanks for your time.