All Comments on 'An Impossible Dream'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604about 9 years ago
Another Great Story...

I have just finished reading another of your great stories and thoroughly enjoyed it. This is easily worth 5 stars.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
ONCE AGAIN SANCHO PANZA IS BROUGHT FORTH

along with Don Q,,,,TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Too fanciful to be realistic. Too long, but a good "read." Pleasant, but short on the erotica of romance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Read

As I expected when I saw your nom de plume.

Still two pieces of even the best journalism would not be enough to make the future of two newbies.

Thank you for a very pleasurable piece.

D.S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Who is Ariadne d'Arbanville

The first paragraph centers around Ariadne d'Arbanville. I read the entire story looking for the buildup and connection between Ariadne d'Arbanville and James. Two thirds of the story is about James and Sonia. Neither of whom are even named until one third of the way into the story. Sonia's last name isn't mentioned until half way into the story, eliminating her as being Ariadne d'Arbanville. Three stars for the entire story, five stars for the material between the first and last paragraphs.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 9 years ago
A fanteay story

An enjoyable read. I am like another person who commented on this story. Who is Ariadne d'Arbanville, and what role did she have in this story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Amusing fantasy

Refusing burial for a suicide in sacred ground? "Sacking" a priest for exposing secrets? A priest being laicized to get married in one week? I realize this was a fantasy, but those sorts of obvious errors (there were many more) just kept interrupting the flow. A few might have been true in the 1940s--long before Vatican II--but most were never accurate.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
A rising star? Or a super nova in the making?

In the small puddle of Siberia he found his own story.

When promoted to the larger waters of the Harbour he walked in on a work in progress and puffed it up with the help of his family and neighbours.

They are now being thrown into the stormy waters of the north sea to swim among the sharks, with no contacts, friends, or family to provide the next great story.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 3 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a wish fulfillment story as much as the next guy, but this one didn't quite tick the boxes for me. Picking at it, part of the problem was how quickly everything went. It made it too difficult to suspend disbelief. A bit more slogging at the start. The priest fell into their laps a bit too easily as well. And while the story getting set aside in the middle was good, it wasn't quite enough.

I see the quick romance and sudden partnership with the female reporter as a missed opportunity too. Possible tensions and misunderstandings could have helped develop the characters, making them more three dimensional and helping the readers connect so the get invested.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well, that was several minutes of my life wasted! That was as exciting/interesting as reading a recipe.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

Love the story , I think it was terrific. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fast paced. Like reading a top level newspaper story. Would be a 10 if that were possible. Enjoy!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Awesome! as expected!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

SIMILAR Stories