All Comments on 'An Innsmouth Halloween'

by Markybear

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

I read it all, but it did not grab me at all. I found it comic like puerile in a sense.l felt it was worth 2/5 but gave it a 3/5, as it was an average story in the end. It had so much promise at the start but lost its way quickly.

MarkybearMarkybearover 2 years agoAuthor

Lol, that's fair, thanks for the feedback :). I am pretty much a total noob at writing, and I have been curious about what people think of my attempts. I totally acknowledge the sophomoric quality of my writing, both in technique and material. That has been the most frustrating thing; I just start writing, and it ends up feeling jumbled and kinda half-assed to me- if I write anything else, I'm going to try making an outline first ;).

As for the material: I fully admit being an epic man-child in terms of personal taste lol, so I pretty much tried to write what I like to read, i.e. pulp/cosmic horror, domestic Femdom, and slapstick/crude humor :P

Anyway, as an open question to everyone; just curious if the weak point is my writing style, or my taste in material, or just everything (lol)?

I've got a bunch of ideas for other stories similar to this, as well as more serious stuff like my other story.

Just not sure if it's worth the time to write them out (?). Thx ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked it. The happy conclusion felt out of place for the mythos but this written as the memoir of a cultist so it fit from that context. Don’t listen to the haters. Keep writing. There’s a voice in there you’ll find. Thanks for sharing.

Dorsmine4Dorsmine4about 2 years ago

This was amazing! Everything was perfect. You definitely need to write a novel.

A1dago67A1dago67over 1 year ago

I’m a lost for words. :(

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous