An Intern's Fantasy Pt. 04

Story Info
The fallout of a blow job.
4.2k words
4.69
8.1k
8

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 10/22/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
matanda
matanda
138 Followers

The ride home on the L train was the start of a difficult weekend. I felt uneasy about the aftermath of the work party. I switched between replaying the moment in my mind and telling myself I was throwing away a job and a life in New York City. The intern coordinator and my boss were both giving signs that they wanted to offer me a job and the summer has only made me more enchanted with the thought of living in the city. I couldn't throw that away.

That's not to say I regretted it. If anything, it made me desperate for more. I have never been so drawn to another person. I longed to spend time with him in galleries, learning from his experience in both classical and modern art; in restaurants, experiencing the best food the world has to offer; in his home, admiring his own collections; and in his bed. He was the most affable, humble, kind and attractive man I'd ever met.

When Monday came around, I started to feel sick as I anticipated Robert sitting in his usual seat when the train car pulled up. I was relieved, at first, when the doors opened and Robert wasn't there. But then, as I took my own seat, I was burdened with guilt that maybe he couldn't face me. Again, my thoughts were dominated with how I had blown my internship and potentially lost a really good job. Even if they did still offer me a full-time position, I would feel too guilty accepting it if I would only cause problems for him by being there.

I couldn't deny it was nice to be able to avoid him because I didn't think I could face him. I was, however, unable to avoid Becca who was at my desk the second she got in and refused to leave me alone until I described the party in perfect detail. I tried to describe how good the food was and the games and booths and prizes and everything but I was careful not to exaggerate at all because I knew the party already had this legendary status within the office.

Work carried on and, whether he was avoiding me or travelling or whatever other possible reason, Robert was nowhere to be seen during my morning commutes. I was getting into a groove with my team and enjoying my work as much as ever. My boss, Ms. Fisher, was so easy to work for and Becca and the team were so creative and smart. They were involving me more and more and I felt like I was learning so much more than I ever was in school. With each passing day, I was more eager to stay permanently with the company. Even out with friends or over the weekend, it seemed all I could think about was how much I wanted this job and how much I wanted Rob Barton. I was beginning to resolve that I needed to give up my lust in favor of the job as I reminded myself Robert was straight and probably avoiding me. I knew I wouldn't be able to just stop thinking about him, but I could certainly not indulge my thoughts as I had been.

It would be pretty simple, actually, to make changes to think about him less. There was no reason I needed to continue coming into the office so early and then I wouldn't see him every morning on the commute to work. I was the only intern seeing him every day, so if I came in a little later each day, I would only see him occasionally and in a group setting. Just like everyone else.

However, in the back of my mind, I knew it wasn't that simple really. For one, I would still think about him, especially having opened Pandora's box and sucking his perfect cock. I would still dream about him. I would always remember watching his cock harden and bulge in his pants twice in my presence and debate within myself whether it was because of me. Was he turned on as I massaged his feet or was it something else? Besides, I may have gone too far to ever come back. There was a real chance that I would never get an offer because Robert wouldn't want me to stay after the summer.

Thursday morning, I headed to the station thirty minutes later than usual. It was still early enough that I would be the first into the office on my team, but I lost the most productive hour of my day and the train each morning was much more crowded again. I wished I could take the early train and have my own space and have my friendly interactions with Robert again.

I got to my desk and started working immediately trying to be as productive as possible before everyone showed up. It was probably only fifteen minutes before Mrs. Fisher arrived and greeted me. She asked me if I had a second and to follow her into her office.

"Chris, we sure enjoy having you on our team," she said with a smile.

"I appreciate that. I have had the best experience so far." I smiled back, but I was nervous. Her demeanor and compliment should have set my heart at ease, but I had a sinking feeling Robert had told her to let me go and this was it. I knew it was unlikely.

"Lisa and I had a talk earlier this week and she told me you indicated an interest in returning and we both talked about your exemplary work both with my team and your project for Play Doh that she is supervising. We have kind of started discussing first steps and before we go too far, I wanted to have a conversation with you directly."

The pit in my stomach dissolved and my smile must have indicated my growing excitement.

"We don't have an open position on my team at the moment, but I want to try and find one. That would require me to try and pull some teeth with HR and my director to create an extra position, but it is something I want to explore. If that doesn't work, I can also recommend you for other positions here on teams that are looking to fill an existing position. Either way, you would have to go through the normal interview process like every other candidate. But of course, you would have stellar recommendations from myself and Lisa that would put you in good standing. I just want to be clear that we can't promise anything and I also wanted to make sure that you are interested before I start fighting to create a spot on our team. Is that a job you would be anxious to accept were I able to get it approved?"

"Absolutely and thank you so much for even being willing to try! I am so lucky to be on this team and you have all kept me involved and welcomed me and I know from talking with other interns that not everyone got that opportunity. I want to come back to New York after graduation if possible and a job on your team would be the best position I could imagine. If you're not able to create a position, I would be excited to interview for other positions as well but definitely, if possible, I would love to return to your team."

She beamed and nodded. "Then I'll get started pulling teeth. I'll see what I can do and you keep up the good work!"

I must have thanked her five times before I returned to my desk. As I returned to my work, I wrote myself a little note to find Lisa and thank her as well.

It was exactly a week since the party at his house before I saw Robert again. As I walked past a conference room, I saw him through the window in a small meeting of what looked like big sharks. He was sitting comfortably, leaned back and smiling at the woman to his left. His suit was sharp and his light blue shirt underneath hugged his belly. He looked incredible. He shifted positions and I snapped back to reality and, terrified he may have seen me, hurried away from the window. My resolve was weakening as I thought of him in my mind. I could clearly remember my view, knelt beneath him, teasing his cock and struggling to take him in all the way. In an instant, the resolve I had been building for days to push him out of my thoughts was undone by a fleeting glance through a window.

I hurried back to my desk to focus on work and busy my mind and begin to build back that resolve. "I want a job here. I want a job here." I repeated to myself as I fought to get him out of my mind. "Don't be a fool." As strong as my desire was for both the job and any kind of relationship with Robert, I knew that one was a realistic possibility. If I could just manage to get over Robert, I could really land a spot on Mrs. Fisher's team. I knew it would be difficult but I was determined and I focused on my work. The rest of the day, I don't think I got up once. I focused on peering over data sheets that our research team had sent us to come up with a strong strategy for a client presentation. We were pitching a new client next week and getting lost in that campaign kept my mind from wandering... until a new email came in.

I saw "Robert Barton" flash in the notification in the corner of my screen and froze. My mind went crazy with possibilities, good and bad, and I decided just to open it rather than go crazy thinking what it could be. I checked my shoulder before opening it. The message was brief and didn't address what had happened at all.

"Hey Chris,

Given the interest you showed in the art in my home, I just wanted to invite you to my friend's gallery this evening. Sorry about the short notice. I know it's a Friday night and you may have plans already, but if you're interested I can add you to the list."

I wanted to go more than anything. But, was it a good idea? We still had never addressed what happened, or even talked about anything since then and I didn't know how to respond to the email, let alone spend the evening with him. I knew it might not be the best idea, but I couldn't decline the invite. I texted my roommate and told him something came up at work and I wouldn't be able to make our plans. I felt bad, but I knew he'd understand.

I nervously typed a response to Robert and accepted the invite. He sent me more details and suddenly I questioned everything I had resolved to do that week. I was supposed to be avoiding him, not spending my Friday evenings with him. But my mind entertained that maybe something was there. I couldn't help it. I did present the blowjob as a plutonic favor and maybe he was willing to just move on as we were before that moment. I started to get a headache after spending the whole rest of the day contemplating all the possibilities of what was going on in his mind.

Just as I had the week before, I found myself on a train headed to an address I had been given with an unreasonable excitement building to an uncontrollable level. I started to feel dizzy from all the racing my mind had been doing since opening that email. I arrived at the gallery and was immediately intimidated by it all. When I got to the door and gave them my name, they let me through, and I instantly felt lost. It wasn't particularly loud inside, but there was a buzz of excitement from the crowds of people bouncing from exhibit to exhibit. I didn't know where to go or how to fit in so I just started on one end and decided to just admire the work. The gallery was full of pottery and I assumed most or all of it had been made by Rob's friend, Christopher. He had mentioned him last week and had several of his pottery in his home.

In the beginning, I just took in the art around the gallery and drowned out the crowd and my surroundings. Pottery wasn't my favorite art form, but some of the vases really caught my eye with popping colors and interesting abstract forms. I tried to imagine what Christopher would be like through his work.

"Chris!" The sound of Robert's voice washed over everything I was thinking. I realized that it was the first time I'd heard his voice since sucking his dick a week ago and that experience immediately came back to my mind. I tried to shake it off and focus, but I couldn't seem to do it. As Robert and his friend approached, all I could think of was the picture in my mind - massaging his feet and giving him head until he creamed in my mouth. I was getting hard as a rock in my slacks and starting to become really nervous about my predicament.

"This is Christopher," Robert introduced his friend and presumably the amazing artist whose gallery I was standing in.

Through hazy thoughts, I shook his outstretched hand and greeted him politely. I was on auto-pilot, saying things I knew I should but not really even thinking about what I was saying.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for having me here. This is an honor."

I was starting to get dizzy and my temples were throbbing as sweat trickled down my forehead. I felt myself blacking out and started falling forward. I was about to faint. As the panic set in, my feet gave out and I felt myself heading towards the ground when suddenly I felt two, strong arms catch me and hold me against their big frame. I was still conscious enough to know someone had caught me and held me tight. His body was thick and warm and I felt safe, tucked in his arms as he supported my limp legs. When I finally was able, I unbuckled my knees and the static slowly faded from my vision. Eventually, I was able to regain my balance as the arms still supported me in place.

Finally, I could see a concerned Robert with his steadying arms on my shoulders. He had caught me, of course, and was holding me steady.

"I'm so sorry. Would you excuse me for a second?"

I didn't know what had just happened, but I was desperate to try and find a bathroom. I had no idea where to look but I just set off quickly towards a wall and hoped I'd stumble upon one. My head still felt fuzzy but I was pretty sure I wasn't going to faint again. I just needed to wash my face with cool water. Where was the bathroom?!?! I was getting flustered when I heard Robert call my name once more.

I felt his hand in the middle of my back propping me up, probably cautious I might fall again.

"A bathroom?" I couldn't even form a full sentence.

He led me gently towards another end of the building and to the door. As we entered, it seemed empty, for which I was extremely grateful. I approached a sink and turned on the water, running my fingers beneath the faucet and gauging the temperature. It was cool but not too cold. I leaned forward, pooled water in my two hands and gently splashed my face. I did this a couple times, rubbing my eyes, my temples, and the line where my hair met my forehead. After rinsing my face for a moment, I turned off the water and stood up. I saw Robert in the reflection of the mirror and was embarrassed. He had stood back a bit to give me space.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what just happened."

"Are you feeling ok?"

I nodded my head.

"Has this happened to you before?" He asked.

This time I shook my head no. "I've never had that happen to me before. I just felt really hot and dizzy and suddenly I lost my balance. Thanks for catching me. That could have been a real disaster."

I was on the verge of tears. I was embarrassed, flustered, and unsure what I was even doing here. I wanted to get away.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty? Can I get you anything?"

"No, I'm ok. Really. I think I just got overheated."

I did know why I had nearly fainted - I was extremely anxious and the nerves got to me. But I didn't want to say that to Robert.

"Are you sure?" His eyes searched mine, trying to read me. With an eyebrow slightly raised, his face still showed genuine concern. His beautiful chestnut brown eyes weren't helping to calm my heart. It thumped in my chest and a lump formed in my throat.

"I'm just really nervous being here."

He nodded his understanding. "Just let me know how I can help. I can get you to a doctor or just take you home. What do you need?"

"I want to stay. I think I just need a minute."

He gave a sympathetic smile and ducked out of the bathroom to give me some space.

I took a moment, closed my eyes, and concentrated on my breathing. As nervous and embarrassed as I was, I really was excited to be at the gallery. These were experiences that didn't come around all the time for me and I wanted to take it all in. I stood up, looked my reflection in the eyes and sternly told myself to get it together.

Robert was waiting for me outside the bathroom and took my back to Christopher to finish introducing me. I could feel my cheeks redden but I was eager to meet a real artist. Christopher, I now noticed, was wearing a beautiful suit that was a deep burgundy with gold and orange tribal designs along the lapels and pocket lining. His shirt underneath was white like a traditional American dress shirt, but with elaborate design at the top that matched the lining of his suit. He had one small red rose pinned to his left lapel.

I muttered an apology as Robert tried to introduce us again.

"Oh, I'm used to people reacting like that when they meet me!" He said sarcastically with a wide grin. His laugh was quiet, but high pitched and very infectious.

I complimented his suit and he briefly explained his South African heritage, which was clearly reflected in much of his pottery. We didn't speak long before he was whisked away, leaving me and Robert to look around the gallery for a bit.

We were mostly quiet as we admired Christopher's work. Occasionally, Robert had an anecdote about one of the pieces from his prior experiences with Christopher. He shared that his family once travelled to South Africa at Christopher's invitation. He had been to the tree with a wavy trunk and many leafless limbs depicted in one of the vases, and recounted the folklore that the locals believed. The tree looked pregnant, but the branches were bare. They believed the tree, knowing infertility, had sympathy for others and would bring good luck to women. I reflected on tribal folklore. As a kid, hearing some of the things people believed seemed so far fetched, but now I realized I was more ignorant than they were.

"Do you believe in the tree's powers?" I asked Robert.

As he contemplated, I weakened my resolve and stared at him. A subtle silver patch of his chest hair peaked out of his dress shirt just to provoke me.

"I believe in its powers for them. I think so many people who are skeptical can deny themselves the power of believing. There is power within believing that strongly in anything. Or anyone."

I thought about his response.

"Are you religious, Robert?"

"Occasionally," he smirked, making me smile.

By the time we had covered about half the gallery, my stomach started growling loud enough that I knew Robert would hear. I was a little embarrassed and hoped he wouldn't say anything. I glanced quickly at Rob, who was wearing a wry smile.

"Me too," he reassured me. "Should we go grab something?"

I nodded shyly.

"Ok, let's go find Christopher."

I stole a glance at my watch as I followed behind him while he set out to find his friend. I couldn't believe I'd been there almost two hours already. No wonder I was so hungry. I should have grabbed something before I got here.

We found Christopher and said goodbye and I tried to convey how grateful I was to be invited and how much I enjoyed his work. It was an incredible immersive experience for a young art enthusiast.

"Do you like pizza?" Robert asked me as we left. I nodded and he told me there was a place nearby that he really liked.

The restaurant was a small family establishment and I knew if Robert frequented the food must be good. It was fairly quiet inside since we were eating so late. Robert ordered a couple different slices and gestured for me to order as well as he grabbed a couple of beers from a fridge and paid at the counter. I took a seat at a high table with two chairs and Robert returned with our drinks. The man behind the counter followed behind with our pizza. We thanked him and started eating as soon as he left. I could tell Robert was as hungry as I was and the food was as good as I expected. I wiped my face and finished my beer. Robert was almost done, too. For as deliberate and patient we had been in the gallery, we were the opposite with the food, scarfing it down in no time at all.

Our conversation at the gallery had been natural, but now as we sat alone there was more tension. I thought whether I should just address last week directly and deal with whatever the fallout may be or delay it and enjoy the company before dealing with the consequences . As he finished his food, I thanked him for dinner, for the invitation to the gallery, for catching me before fainting, and for the evening in general.

matanda
matanda
138 Followers
12