An Intern's Fantasy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Because of your hard work, I'd like to take you to lunch and get to know you better and let you ask any questions you may have about working here...if you'd be comfortable with that."

"Thank you, sir. I would be honored."

He winced at my formality and I apologized. "Thank you," I repeated without the 'sir' and he told me he would email me soon with details.

At 12:15, I went down the elevator and saw him waiting for me. I thanked him as he held the door open for me and we headed to the Subway station. We got to a fancy restaurant and Robert led me in.

"Robert Barton reservation for two."

"Right this way, sir."

We were led to a circular table covered in nice cloth and dimly lit by an overhead light fixture. There was silverware and wine glasses and I was almost afraid I might break something. I probably couldn't afford to replace a butter knife at this place. The waiter took our drink order and left us to our menus.

"Do you have any recommendations?" I asked. I had no clue what to order at a place like this.

"You can't go wrong, really. Everything is delicious. And order whatever you would like... I mean that. As for my recommendation, I always get the filet and vegetables with a side of garlic bread. Maybe that's why I look like this," he laughed as he grabbed his belly.

I continued looking over the menu at the options.

"So, tell me a little bit about yourself."

I looked up from my menu at him and started, "I'm from Texas, just outside of Dallas. I go to UT and I'm in their advertising program there. I really enjoy it there and I am having the best experience here."

"And what do you like to do?"

"A bit of everything, I guess." I thought about it. "I like to play piano, paint a little bit, play sports, watch sports, read about sports," I chuckled. "I like to just hang out with friends, play video games, watch movies. What about yourself?"

"Well, I love basketball. I used to play but not so much now. I watch the Knicks as much as I can, unfortunately."

We both chuckled and he continued.

"I watch other teams, too, since the Knicks aren't much to look at. I like to read. I try to read a book every week, and the Times, of course." He smiled. "But I like other things, too, like yourself. I like the occasional Broadway show, movie, music, museums."

He seemed like my dad, but extremely wealthy.

"Are you married?" I asked, worried it was too personal.

"I was once," he remarked and looked down for once. "We had two kids before separating about 15 years ago."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"No, no problem. It's a normal thing to ask. We have a good enough relationship still and worked together to raise our kids. But now that they're grown and off doing their own thing, there's not much reason to see her or anything. So, it's like we're really separated now."

"What about yourself? You're a little young, but.."

"Oh, no. Not even close." I laughed a little.

"You seem to lack confidence, Chris. That's part of why I wanted to talk to you. I'm grateful for your hard work but I also noticed you don't seem to believe in yourself. Your presentation was really well prepared and you were obviously nervous, which is normal. You guys did great. But, I just wanted to tell you that you shouldn't doubt yourself. The people around you see your worth and you shouldn't be afraid to shine. You're a gem and we'd be lucky to keep you. I believe you're going to do great things, Chris."

I was speechless at how kind he was.

"Thank you, Rob."

"You're welcome."

We continued to chat about work and life and I started to fall in love with Rob. He was funny, thoughtful, humble and kind. He was my dream man and I felt like we were forming a connection. He seemed straight to me, though, and I reminded myself that he could have almost any girl or guy he wanted. He was rich, handsome, powerful, and kind. As we finished eating I decided to take his advice and try to be more confident.

"Are you dating anyone?" I asked.

"Oh, no.." he relied quickly.

"You should be more confident," I replied with a wry smile. He smiled back and looked in my eyes and I continued.

"You're smart, handsome, charming and so kind. The people around you see it."

He surely knew I was hitting on him a little bit. "That's kind Chris, but I haven't felt attractive since a while before my divorce. I am not young anymore and I'm overweight and I still miss my wife sometimes. Who would want to be involved with a guy like that?"

"Rob, I haven't been able to think about anything else for two weeks."

He seemed genuinely shocked by my words.

"I.. I.."

He stumbled over what to say and I apologized. "I shouldn't have said anything and that was unprofessional. Please forgive me and forget I said it."

"That's kind Chris, but I'm not gay. I'm really sorry."

I almost started to cry but I was determined not to. I wasn't even sad - I knew this was impossible. I just was overwhelmed with emotions and embarrassed at falling in love with the CEO of my company. I was ruining such a good thing. "No, I'm sorry. Please forget I said anything."

He nodded and we waited for our check. I picked at the remaining food, desperate just to occupy myself with something. I thought for a moment and decided I needed to add. "At the risk of messing up even more I have to say this. You gave me confidence and I need to return the favor. I know there are women out there who would throw themselves over you if given the chance. Believe it or not, many people find your body type very attractive. You have a handsome face and the type of person you deserve isn't shallow anyway and would fall in love with you for the great man that you are."

"Thanks, Chris."

"You're welcome." I was glad I spoke this time. "Just forget the first part and remember that."

12