All Comments on 'An Interview with an Alien'

by SubmissiveRomantic

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well done

A well done story unlike some people I have learned to overlook spelling or grammar errors by simply changing them in my mind and continue to read a good story. You show a lot of imagination and I hope you continue the story in the future. Thanks

ender2k2kender2k2kover 7 years ago
Welcome Back!

It is so good to see a new story from you. Thanks.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 7 years ago
Get a competent Editor!

I only read the first two pages before I got tired of all of the errors (spelling, punctuation, grammar, etcetera). The males in Eve's mission were all "viral"? (I think you meant "virile") They went to an "out cove"? ("alcove") Eve's barbell looked more like a "train Axil"? ("train axle") These and many, many other such errors repeatedly brought me "out of the story" so often that I finally gave up trying.

I found your main character to be totally unbelievable as a hardened, experienced journalist. Hell, even a Freshman writer on a high school newspaper would have asked a ton of questions that this guy apparently never even THOUGHT ABOUT, such as "Just how many husbands have you HAD, lady?", "What happened to all of them, anyway?" and lots more. Your main character's NOT asking these questions VERY EARLY ON *totally* negates his supposedly being some seasoned journalist.

I have more to say, but it'll have to wait.

Best,

-Rei

maddictmaddictover 7 years ago
"Earth girls are easy". there's a movie to prove it.

Nice bit of history tied to the future, I wish it is as bright as your direction would take it. Nice to bring Alexander Hamilton into this tale. The book that inspired a play in NY and is having some success. I started reading it and its full of some fun historical facts, you brought up one, sugar. This villian of todays diet was a very expensive thing to buy. The second and third born sons cut out of their father wealth moved to the islands Puerto Rico, and the Dominican, bought half a dozen slaves 10 acres and tried to get rich. This where Hamilton came from. England made more money from the islands and sugar than it did from America.

Good thing Eve wasn't a part of the Donner party, 1846 you might be a few years behind.

History wasn't as much fun when I was in school.

Thanks a fun story to read.

SubmissiveRomanticSubmissiveRomanticover 7 years agoAuthor
An Apology

Please don't blame my editor. ML never completed his work; due to some very pressing personal matters he had to put his work on hold. I, in my impatience, tried to self-edit the story and forgot to remove his name from my submission. I should know better! Whenever I read my own work I read the words that were in my head, not what ended up on paper. The grammar and punctuation errors are all mine as well. I never did pay much attention during English classes.

Like I've said before, I'm not a writer; I'm a story teller.

SR

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
ReiDeBastos

Ye who has 1 story submitted in 2013 should be more polite. If you really were that bothered by some misspellings or improper grammar, why don't you do the editing and send SR your copy and they can update it. Those without reading disabilities and a moderate IQ can easily discern the intent and meaning of an occasional "oops."

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story, scetchy history

5*s, but I couldn't help but notice some re-writes of history. One of the first, and funniest, was her saying that the taxes on tea sparked the revolution. The taxes on tea were reduced to drive out the black market. The "Tea Party" was black marketeers

reducing the competing cheaper tea. They dressed up as natives because they didn't like the existing treaties (see the Declaration of Independence for the racist comment

regarding natives) and wanted to blame them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Excellent story - best one I've read on this site!!!

BruceWoBruceWoabout 5 years ago
Loved it

Keep up the great work

jkthekatjkthekatover 4 years ago
Perfect!

Loved every step in the telling! Fun, sexy and oh wish it were me filling your nights and warm, wet spots!!

SubmissiveRomanticSubmissiveRomanticover 4 years agoAuthor
We were both right.

The Tea Act, passed by Parliament on May 10, 1773, would launch the final spark to the revolutionary movement in Boston. The act was not intended to raise revenue in the American colonies, and in fact imposed no new taxes. It was designed to prop up the East India Company which was floundering financially and burdened with eighteen million pounds of unsold tea. This tea was to be shipped directly to the colonies, and sold at a bargain price. The Townshend Duties were still in place, however, and the radical leaders in America found reason to believe that this act was a maneuver to buy popular support for the taxes already in force. The direct sale of tea, via British agents, would also have undercut the business of local merchants.

ranec1ranec1about 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSubmissiveRomantic@SubmissiveRomantic
I'm just a guy; married for fifty one years to the same wonderful woman. My stories are based upon aspects of my life, are usually romantic in nature and feature strong dominate woman/girls and the guys that love them.