All Comments on 'An Irish Girl'

by SierraSprite

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Run away lady, he will always break your heart. The signs are clearly there to read, he will never change, not capable of it. Your love will not be enough, there will always be a reason why he backslides into drink and erratic behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Almost...

Very well written. Incredible character development done very efficiently. and then you blow it by at least hinting at a happy ending. Would have rated it a 5 if they had both gone their separate ways at the end, fully recognizing their fundamental incompatibility.

yowseryowserover 8 years ago
Bostonian

Intriguing Mass story. Loved this line:" It was a game we played, going back to when we weren't legal." Ah yes, pre-legal.

Great fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very true to life...

Character development excellent and true to form for the persons in the story.

"Thank the Lord for small things" ;couldn't be a better ending that !

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Irish Love

This is so like the types of relationships I've had as a good Irishman. Fueled by lust and Guinness. They will live happily ever after (in irish fashion)

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstoneover 8 years ago
Sweet Tale

That was a truly sweet tale. Beautifully written! Thank you for sharing.

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
So true!

And a moment to mourn for all those who don't get that second chance!

burningloveburningloveover 8 years ago
As Always, Great Story

My Paddy Cap off to you! As always - a great story!

Second Generation Irish-American

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
it's all about her again and what SHE wants

"You are in bed with a beautiful passionate woman that you have been in love with for years and all you can think about is riding a goddamned motorcycle. You don't deserve her." - asshole.

If she can't accept him the way he is then SHE doesn't deserve him.

Actually, she DOESN'T deserve him for simple fact she's making such big demands and ultimatums.

I don't think the writer is a biker because if he was he would understand riding a bike is not just a mode of transportation. It's in one's blood. It's like flying fast jets. Ask fighter pilots why they do it and if they would ever willingly give it up.

You can't get it out of a person and if you try to deny that or suppress it or if you try to take it away then that person will only end up miserable and eventually resent the person who forced them into it.

So, which to choose:

1. life you live on your own terms, even though alone

2. life that is forced onto you by your partner on HER terms, satisfying only HER and scew what YOU want, you are there just to give her kids, support her financially and make her feel desirable

Honestly? I will take freedom, even with the price of loneliness, anyday over that indentured servitude called marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Why should Sean have to change

just to be with the girl?

And GTFO of here with the "escape from reality" bullshit. Even if true, so what? What's wrong with wanting to escape from reality? Of course, here "reality" means something along the lines of "a predictable, ten-to-five job, and a stable house"; and that works for many, or even most. But those who don't want that kind of lifestyle, there's nothing wrong with them.

If the word "reality" were to be taken literally, then no one can escape reality by definition; reality is all there is.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous