An Off-hand Comment

Story Info
It's surprising what a well meant word can do...
6k words
4.62
6.8k
7

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/19/2023
Created 04/19/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Toemmy28
Toemmy28
57 Followers

I was more often than not the one that was sent away. The one that my company turned to when it called for someone to spend time away from home.

As one of the very few single people at the company I worked for, unless you counted the 2 young women in the admin office, it more often fell on me to go 'on lodge' miles and hours away from home.

All of the other engineers in our company were married or attached and spending up to a month away from their families simply wasn't an option. I knew that just about every single one of the others would love a break from their families, their responsibilities and kids. But there was not a hope in hell that their wives, girlfriends or loved ones would allow them time away to 'enjoy' themselves on the firms coin.

So once again, for the third time this year, I found myself leaving home on a Sunday evening with a 5 hour drive to the other end of the Country ahead of me.

All of the necessary arrangements had been dealt with by the company for accommodation and food, all I had to do was turn up.

This time I was looking at 3 weeks away from home for the 3rd time this year. At least it was now mid-summer and the weather, should be nicer, although predicting the UK weather is never straightforward.

The trip was relatively uneventful and I found myself pulling into a small car park at the rear of what looked like a very nice Country style hotel bordering the Cotswolds.

The company had certainly excelled itself this time. I usually found myself in a faceless hotel on the edge of an industrial area, but this was beautiful in comparison. Almost chocolate box, with ivy crawling up the walls and old black and white construction, it was definitely nicer than I was used to.

Even the garden area looked great, perfectly manicured lawns and borders with brightly coloured flowers, bees and other insects buzzed amongst them.

It was almost idyllic and they'd sent a rough and ready engineer like me here. Things were definitely looking up for me.

Grabbing my bag from the back seat of the company 4x4, I headed in. A large wooden door opened to reveal a spacious reception area, wood panelling adorned the walls, a plush carpet underfoot and subtle lighting.

It was fair to say I was most certainly going to enjoy my stay in such salubrious surroundings.

The receptionist, found my details, booked me in, handed me a key and gave me directions to my room. He also gave me all the meal timings and pointed out a few other thing's I needed to know.

I climbed the stairs and found my room easily. Looking out of the window, I'd lucked out! I was facing the garden at the back of the hotel and in the near distance a river that provided a rear border to the place.

I also overlooked a patio area, with a few benches, tables and chairs dotted around. It all looked very nice.

After unpacking my bag and a quick check of where I was going with work in the morning, I headed down to eat. There were a few others dining, mainly couples with the odd singleton like me scattered around. From my table, I could see the reception area and that's when I first saw her.

The door opened and in she strode. She was looked similar in age to me, although I was to later find out she was 5 years older than me. Dressed in jeans, flat shoes and a floaty top, she looked classy, despite her casual attire. Her bob cut dark hair reached the collar of her top and had streaks of red dotted through it. I'd yet to see her face, but if what I could see from behind was anything to go by, I guessed she'd be impeccably made up.

She must have been about 5'3" at best, her small, but slightly curvaceous frame held with ease and a certain grace as she moved around the reception.

She dropped a suit bag on a chair, suitcase next to it and checked in. I overhead the bloke on the reception tell her that dinner would finish in about 10 minutes and that if she wanted to eat, then she should do so now.

I heard her thank the man, then turned back to my food. Fully engrossed in my meal, I forgot about the new arrival until I heard her speak right in front of me.

"Excuse me, would you mind if I share your table with you? All the others appear to be taken."

Looking up, I saw the new arrival stood in front of me. "Sure, of course, please do," I replied.

"Thank you," she said, easing herself into the chair opposite. "I'm bloody starving and just want to eat and relax after the drive here."

"Long drive?" I enquired.

"Yes, 4 hours, not helped by slow drivers on country lanes. I always seem to get stuck behind someone crawling along at a snails pace!" she laughed. "I'm Claire, by the way." she held out a small, well manicured hand.

"Paul, nice to meet you Claire by-the-way," I shook her hand, feeling the smooth skin.

Laughing at my feeble joke, she withdrew her hand and picked up the menu. I took the chance to take her in while her head was looking down.

Claire had a small button nose, deep brown eyes, with a touch of green eye shadow and a hint of mascara. Bright pink lipstick adorned her full luscious lips, not a hint of blusher on her cheeks. Claire was a very attractive lady and I was lucky to have her company as my dinner mate.

"The menu looks good Paul, what are you having?" she asked looking up at me.

"Just the lasagne," I replied, "I'm not overly hungry, but needed something to eat."

"The lasagne does look good, I think I'll have the same and a glass of red to wash it down with."

Claire placed her order with the waitress shortly after and I finished my meal and slowly sipped the beer I'd ordered with it.

"Do you want some peace to eat your dinner Claire?" I asked.

"Heavens no, it's nice to have some company Paul," she replied, "besides which I gate crashed your meal, so really I should apologise."

I laughed, "There's nothing to apologise for, it's lovely to have some company. I get used to eating alone when work sends me to these places, so it makes a pleasant change."

"I'm the same Paul, it gets boring talking to yourself doesn't it? Oh good here's my lasagne now."

I watched as Claire tucked into her food enthusiastically, making polite conversation as and when she stopped eating to talk.

Finishing her meal, I thanked Claire for her company and said, "I'll let you get yourself sorted and head out to the patio for another drink, it's too early for bed and besides, the weather looks good, so it'll be nice to relax in the sun for a bit."

Her reply came back, "Can I be cheeky and ask if you mind if I join you? Like you it'd be nice to unwind for a while with a drink."

"Sure," I replied, "Another glass of red Claire?"

"Actually a G n T would be lovely if you'd be so kind? Ice and a slice too please."

"A G n T it is," I replied, "I'll get them and see you outside shortly."

"Fabulous, thanks Paul, won't be long."

And with that she headed off to her room and I went to get the drinks.

There were only a few others on the patio and I found a bench away from them, closer to the river flowing quietly at the bottom of the garden.

Some 10 minutes or so later Claire appeared and sat next to me, taking a big swig of her drink she exclaimed, "Ah, that's better, ooh cheers for getting the drinks in."

We clinked glasses and I replied, "Pleasure Claire. All settled in upstairs now?"

"Yes thank, I'm here for a fortnight, so I've unpacked everything, might as well get comfortable. You here long yourself Paul?"

"3 weeks, I could drive home for the weekends but it's about 5 hours and unless I really have to I'll stay here."

"Makes sense I guess, I'm in a similar situation and seeing that I've no one to rush back to, I don't see the point." Claire said.

"Uh-huh, me too, although I'll have to find something to do on the weekends. I don't have to work them, but don't want to get bored."

"You're lucky Paul," Claire said, "I've got a bloody conference on the Saturday and there's meant to be an evening do as well, but it's all boring shop talk and old men, most of them married with wandering hands!"

I laughed, "Rather you than me then Claire, hate boring conferences and seeing drunken old fools trying it on is never a good thing."

"Bloody tell me about it, my head of division is a right leering git, always making a remark and trying it on with the ladies. He needs a good kick in the knackers in my opinion."

I spluttered and laughed into my beer at the last comment and having wiped up the spilt drink said, "I think I'll have one more at the bar, getting a bit cold out here now. Care to join me?"

"Why not?" she replied, " I've nothing better to do and besides, I owe you a drink anyway. Come on Paul."

Grabbing the empty glasses I turned towards the hotel, waited for Claire to join me and strode out. When I walk I tend to walk quickly and without realising I'd put a good 20 feet between us.

From somewhere behind me, I heard, "Err, are you in a hurry Paul?"

I stopped dead in my tracks, as a slightly out of breath Claire came up alongside me. "Sorry Claire, I walk quite quickly and forgot you were with me for a moment."

Laughing she took my arm and slowed me as we strolled the short distance back to the hotel.

Once inside I settled myself on a comfortable leather sofa while Claire went to the bar. The crowd had thinned out for the night and it was just us now in the bar.

Claire put the drinks down on the bar and sat next to me, close enough that our legs touched. I made no effort to move and neither did she.

"Tell me Paul, what do you do that necessitates you being away for weeks o end?" she asked.

"I'm a survey engineer for a civil engineering company," I replied, "It's not glamorous, can be a mucky job, but it pays the bills. As the only single bloke with the company it's usually me that ends up coming away when needed."

"Ah, one of the perks of the job then Paul, nice to see different places though?"

I took a sip of my drink and answered, "True, does get lonely at times though. What about you Claire? How come you're here with work?"

"I'm actually a sales rep, so I go around stores, trying to get them to stock our products. Like you I'm single, so I have no one to worry about at home. Does as you said get boring though, being on your own."

"It does indeed," I answered, "Can I ask what you sell Claire?"

She laughed, then said, "Lingerie and hosiery, believe it or not. Our company sells to shops all over the Country and I've got a couple of weeks worth of appointments lined up near here, plus the aforementioned conference and dinner night is close by too."

Lingerie! Hosiery! Those 2 things were something that I'd loved on a lady since day one and now I was sat with someone that sold them. I twitched in my trousers at the thought and went quiet.

"Cat got your tongue there Paul? You've gone very quiet." she asked.

"Oh yes, err no, sorry Claire," I answered, "I don't think I've ever met an undies salesperson before."

Laughing, "Well you have now. Oh and it's lingerie not undies."

I was quite enjoying this topic of conversation and was keen to find out more.

"Is there much call for your products nationally?" I enquired.

"Oh yes, women are much more open about buying it nowadays. They like and want to feel good, so we make a killing. You'd also be surprised at how many men buy for their ladies too."

"I see," I said, then, "do you wear what you sell Claire?"

"Uh-huh, I'm a sucker for some nice lingerie myself, makes me feel good Paul."

My mind went into overdrive thinking about her dressed in matching bra, knickers and suspender belt, hopefully with stockings too!

Absent mindedly, I muttered, "I bet you look good in them too."

"Sorry Paul, I didn't quite catch that." she replied.

"Oh nothing Claire, I just said, it's nice to feel good, is all," I lied.

Pausing for just a moment, Claire looked at her glass then said, "Quite, when you feel good underneath, then you'll feel good all over."

Checking my watch I noticed it was now pushing 10 p.m. I'd spent the best part of 3 hours with my 'new acquaintance and having thoroughly enjoyed her company, didn't want it to end.

"Nightcap?" I asked.

"I shouldn't really," she answered, "but why not, I'll have whatever you're having."

I wandered over to the bar one last time, ordered 2 single malt scotches, with a splash of water and sat back down, next to Claire.

"To wealth, health and happiness," I toasted, raising my glass.

We clinked glasses and after taking a sip, Claire wrinkled her nose, exclaiming, "Oh, that's different! What is it?"

"Single malt Claire, one of Scotlands finest exports. Not to your liking?" I answered.

"It's not what I'd choose to be honest, but I've drank worse things." came her reply.

We sipped our whiskey companionably and chatted amiably about anything that came to mind. 20 minutes later, I felt relaxed and had a warm buzz about me as I escorted Claire to her room.

"Thank you for a very enjoyable evening Paul," she said as she unlocked the door to her room, "It's been lovely to chat and pass the time with you."

"Likewise Claire, it's been lovely to meet you," I replied, "Sleep well, goodnight." I replied, turning to go to my room.

A soft hand on my arm stopped me, I half turned to face Claire, who placed a kiss on my cheek. I smiled at the touch of her lips on my cheek, she smelt good up close. Our eyes met briefly before she leant in and gave me another kiss, this time on the lips. Her full lips pressed against mine, I felt my cock responding.

I wanted the kiss to last, to progress into an open mouthed, full on snog, but it didn't.

We broke apart, Claire whispered, "Goodnight," then opened her door and disappeared inside.

Seconds later back in my room, I stripped off, brushed my teeth and climbed into bed. It was 11 p.m. now and I honestly couldn't remember the last time I'd enjoyed myself so much. It was unexpected, but great all the same.

Claire was lovely company and very easy on the eye too. The fact she sold lingerie and hosiery certainly wasn't lost on me either, or my cock for that matter! I'd been rock hard since our kiss and he showed no sign of going soft anytime soon.

I began to slowly stroke it, thinking about Claire and her lingerie. She'd be wearing her own products as I thought of her, definitely a matching set, something sheer and sexy, with stockings as well. Her big breasts wrapped in lace, nipples visible through the material, pussy too, a small landing strip of pubic hair, just above it.

Her suspender belt, stretching over her arse, clipped onto deep opaque stockings.

Within minutes I was reaching the point of no return! I managed to grab a tissue off the bedside cabinet just as I came, spurting my cum into it, while imagining Claire and me doing rude things together.

Sleep came easily after that, strange how us men can always sleep so easily after an orgsm, don't you think?

The following morning I was up and gone by 0800hrs, I wanted to get out to site and make a good start while the weather held. I didn't see Claire and while I enjoyed her company the previous night, I certainly had no preconceived ideas about anything that might happen, even though the thought of something made me harden!

Having had a good day out in 'the sticks', I got back to the hotel at about 1500hrs, sat in the bar area and typed up that days events, made a couple of calls and sent a detailed report back to the boss at company HQ. Satisfied that I'd done all that I could for the day, I headed back to my room, changed into my running gear and headed out for a few easy miles.

An hour or so later, I got back to the hotel and was stretching off, when a car pulled into the car park. I paid very little attention to it as I was still stretching off, concentrating on what I was doing.

I heard a car door close behind me, then a few footsteps before a voice said, 'Hiya Paul." I craned my head back and was greeted with a pair of shapely looking calves encased in opaque navy nylon and a pair of high heels. They certainly looked good from where I was, and looking further up, the shapely pins, disappeared underneath a skirt just above the knee.

A further glance up and I realised it was Claire. 'Oh, hiya Claire,' I replied as I finished off my last stretch. I got to my feet and took the rest of her in quickly, a jacket that matched her skirt, a deep purple in colour and a cream blouse, with a few buttons undone to show an ample cleavage off. She looked good.

'You look a tad sweaty there Paul," she stated.

'Uh-huh, running usually does that for me Claire,' I answered.

'I used to run myself Paul, but never enjoyed it that much, plus I could never really get a sports bra that fitted properly either.' she said.

My gaze fell upon her chest, then catching myself I rather cheekily said, 'I think any bra would have trouble holding you in Claire!'

'Oi, you saucy git!' she chuckled. 'They're not that big!'

I laughed again, 'Could have fooled me.'

Claire flushed a bit, then regained her composure and said, 'You think they're too big?'

Now it was my turn to flush, I took another quick look then answered, 'Err, no um, they, um, well, look lovely Claire.'

What else was I to say? 'Get em out and I'll give you a hands on opinion?' As much as I'd have loved to say that I settled with what I'd said and shut up.

'Well as you're probably wondering now. They're a 36E, big enough, but not massive,' Claire said. 'Like big boobs Paul?'

'What a surreal conversation Claire!' I laughed, 'as it happens, yes, I'm a bit of a boob man, not too big, not a fan of fake ones either. But yep, I like big boobs.'

Claire threw her head back and laughed heartily, causing her bust to shake and bounce.

Taking a chance I said, 'Careful there Claire, you'll give yourself a couple of black eyes.'

This made her laugh even harder, 'Just as well my nipples aren't hard, they'd poke your eyes out!' she cackled.

'Chance would be a fine thing!' came my retort.

'You're a very cheeky sod aren't you Paul?' she smiled.

'You started it Claire,' I answered, ' still I'm not complaining always good to have a laugh, don't you think?'

'Agreed Paul, now I'm going in, my feet are killing me in these bloody shoes. Want to eat together tonight?'

'Sure,' I replied, 'give me a knock on your way down if you like? Room 12. What time?'

'7 ok Paul? Gives me chance to shower, change and make myself look presentable.'

'Sounds good Claire, come on, I'll walk you in,' I offered my arm and we went in.

Hopping in the shower some 10 minutes later, I soaped myself up and had to resist stroking my semi erect penis. Claire and her big tits had me halfway hard, not to mention how she'd been dressed. Those nylons had to be stockings surely? At least I hoped they were.

I considered her a bit more as I pulled on a t-shirt and jeans. She'd looked great today, that skirt, tight blouse and nylons clad legs, had certainly caught my eye. She'd had a small amount of makeup on, hair nicely done too.

It was safe to say that Claire was very easy on the eye.

I was just lacing up my shoes, when there was a soft tap on the door. 'It's open, come in,' I called out. The door opened and Claire stood in the doorway, I looked up quickly and did a double take! If anything she looked even sexier now than before.

Her hair was held back in a band, the only makeup was a touch of bright red lipstick adorning her full lips. The dress she wore clung to her curvaceous frame, no cleavage on show, but it framed her bust perfectly. Knee high brown leather boots and nude nylon completing the look.

I must have been staring at her because she said, 'Will I do Paul? Not overdressed?'

"Definitely not Claire, no," I replied, 'but I feel underdressed now, looking at you. You look fabulous.'

Toemmy28
Toemmy28
57 Followers
12