An Offer He Can't Refuse: Carlyle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rick comes flying down the slide with Julie between his thighs and Bridget behind him. They fly into the pool at the base and quickly go towards the edge to miss the next kids behind them. They clamour out of the pool and Rick catches Julie's hand to start the climb to the top again. He reaches for Bridget but she wanders away towards Mike. Rick shrugs and they go climbing the hill again.

Bridget comes and sits on the corner of Mike's blanket. "What are you doing, Mr. Claymore?"

He looks up at her, "Some reports for work. Where's Rick?"

She grins and points, "They're water sliding." She studies him her eyes roving to his slack member. "I've never been to a nudist park before. Julie talked me into it." She rearranges herself to sit Indian style in front of him. She tucks her ankles under her, "I can see where Rick gets it."

Mike looks up, "Huh?" He becomes aware of her position and clears his throat. "Aren't you going on the waterslide with them?"

She smiles, "I would rather go with you. Would you take me on the waterslide?"

He becomes very aware of this young fifteen year old with the body of a nineteen year old and her open wide position in front of him. He feels a stirring in his penis and is horrified to see her staring at it with a hungry look. Her look only makes it grow faster. He changes his position hiding it.

"I... uh... I don't think that would be very appropriate."

"Aw come on, Mike. We could have fun." She leans forward and puts a hand on his leg. Mike pulls his leg back in shock and she can see he has almost a full erection. He drops his paperwork in his lap.

"Bridget, I think you better go back and play with Rick."

"But he's such a child." She rolls her eyes and wheedles him.

"Please leave me! I have work to do!" He speaks forcefully.

Behind him Trudy says, "Get your hot ass out of here!" Bridget scrambles up and off towards the slide. Trudy sits by him, "You give her too much respect. Treat her like a wayward child. That's what she is."

"I told her to leave."

"Please leave me," she mimics Mike. "Tell her to beat it!"

"I guess you're right."

"I see you're working on the final report for the family. How's it going?"

"I'm trying to impress on them how thorough we were in getting all the details. I wish I had the internal investigation reports to support our findings."

"We have to send them something Monday. Even if it's not a final findings you still have to submit something."

"Hey, speaking of Monday, it's the 21st. I was thinking of Marlene and I giving Shelly her presents and bringing her down to give Sam hers afterwards. How does that sound to you? I'm not sure if Rick or Jan have anything for Shelly."

"Maybe they have something for Sam, as well. Did you think of that? After all the whole family knows they have their birthdays on the same day."

"We could spend the morning with Shelly and then all come down to Sam's for lunch or just after lunch?"

"Or we could all get together early and spend the morning together. Our place or Marlene's?"

"Yeah, that's a good idea. We'll all come down after breakfast and bring Shelly's presents with us. They both can open them together. You better run that by Marlene."

"Will you be safe if I leave you?" She gives him an evil grin.

"Get out of here!" They laugh and she scampers away.

He looks around for all the kids and spots them all except Bridget. He curses under his breath, "You little bitch; I'm not coming looking for you." He goes back to work on his report.

About an hour later Marlene comes down to tell him they are going to the snack bar. Mike helps her round up the kids and they all go to the snack bar for a quick bite. Hamburgers, hot dogs and sandwiches with pop are the order of the day.

The adults have had enough sun for the day so they go to close up the trailer while the kids get to go for one more water slide or two. By about three the cars are loaded and they are looking for the last stragglers.

Mike has Trudy, Crystal and Shannon in his car and Marlene loads the rest up in the station wagon. She waves to Mike as she pulls out and Trudy returns the wave. Mike pulls out close behind her and swings toward Agassis watching the Buick in his mirror speed off over the bridge over the Harrison River. He heads for Mount Woodside. Trudy snuggles over by his side thinking, "Veronica Summerfield, I'll have to check you out."

When they pass through Agassis Mike drives on out to the freeway and very quickly thereafter they are driving into Chilliwack. He follows Young Road out to the house on Clarke Drive.

They unload the car and Mike kisses Trudy, hugs Crystal and plays with Shannon then goes out to the car. Trudy follows him, "We'll see you in the morning, darling. I hate to see you go so you better go quickly."

She stands on tiptoes to kiss him. Mike gets into the car and backs out. She waves until she can see him no longer then turns back to the house.

Mike drives straight home and finds them still unloading the car. He pitches in and helps until everything's in the house. Rick takes off with Julie and Bridget so Marlene starts supper. She sits down with Mike after he's been to his office and then taken the empty boxes out.

"Trudy says that Bridget was toying with you. She's quite precocious, isn't she?"

"She's 'street-wise', is how I'd put it."

"She's going to end up on the streets, I'm afraid." Mike nods and looks troubled. Marlene places her hand on his arm; "There's nothing you can do about it, Mike."

"I'm afraid Julie's going to follow her example and hurt Rick."

"I know," she compresses her lips, "And you wonder why I don't like her?"

"She's a nice kid and Rick thinks the world of her."

"Have a little faith, he's your son."

"Hey, that's my line!"

"Children are never predictable." She muses, "I have had two affairs and indulged in a few of yours. My mother has never seen another man's body other than Dad's and that was likely in the dark. She would never understand me and we may never understand our children."

Mike laughs, "I just can't imagine your mother out at the club."

Marlene grins, "She might just like it." They both laugh.

Mike gets up, "I have to get that report done. I'll be down in the office."

"I'll call you when supper's ready."

Mike goes to the office. He digs out the file and finishes his notes.

He inserts paper into the typewriter and starts typing. He has the report nearly finished before Marlene calls him. He runs his eyes down over it and pulls it out of the typewriter. He scrunches it up into a ball and fires it at the garbage can that is overflowing with other half finished reports then goes trudging up the stairs.

After supper he goes at it again and finishes it. He looks it over and puts it into the fax machine. He sends a copy to Trudy, makes a copy for himself and faxes a copy to McClintock, Brant and Reece to the attention of Mr. Brant for Client, Luigi Caprioni. He adds a cover letter saying they are forwarding the final accounting and enclosing a cheque equal to the retainer then faxes a copy of that to Trudy as well asking her on that copy to make up the final billing and send back the retainer.

He sits back and relaxes for a few minutes then pulls the ICBC file and prepares an inquiry for the Workmen's Compensation. He faxes that off to them. He feels strongly that Gerald Clegg has made a claim with them as well for his accident with the Polson Poultry truck.

He then surveys new cases Trudy has faxed him and thinks, "I have to hire another officer for Abbotsford. I'll have to ask Ken if he knows of any prospects." He studies the details she has included with each case and finally files them away for immediate action under 'to do' items.

He's glad CPX hasn't called today as he goes upstairs. He joins Marlene on the couch watching TV. "Have the girls gone to bed?"

"Not yet but I think they better. It's getting late. Rick came in a while ago and went right upstairs." She leans over against him and watches the movie. He pulls a hassock over with one foot and then puts his feet up on it sliding one arm behind her. She snuggles down on him and they watch the show.

Chapter 15:

July 21

A ringing wakens him and he feels Marlene moving off him. He listens and realizes it's the doorbell. Marlene is pulling her robe on as she goes out the door so Mike closes his eyes. He hears her speaking to the kids downstairs. "Why didn't one of you get it? It's Mom and Dad."

He hears the front door open and Marlene saying, "Mom, Dad, come in. I'll call Mike. Come on in. The kids are up."

Mike climbs out of bed. Marlene calls, "Mike, it's Mom and Dad."

He calls, "Yes dear, I'll be right down." He goes to the bathroom. When he comes out Marlene is there.

"Hurry up, what are you doing? Just put on your robe. They brought Shelly her gift for her birthday."

Mike pulls on his pants and shirt sliding his feet into his slippers and follows her down stairs. He greets her Dad, "Hi there Gerrard, good to see you." He nods at Marlene's mother, "You too, Nancy." He shakes hands with her father.

Gerard whispers; "Help me get Shelly's gift out of the car." He leads the way out onto the front porch and down the steps. Mike follows and sees the trunk lid is tied down. Gerrard unties it and the lid pops up. There is a brand new ladies bicycle with a large red bow on it.

Gerrard grins at Mike as he takes one end of it. Mike chuckles as he gets on the other end. They lift it out and sit it on the ground. Mike asks, "How many speeds is that?"

"It's supposed to be twenty-one. I hope she can handle it."

"I'm sure she'll catch on, Dad."

"You go call her out here. There's another present in the trunk in that box. Colin and Thomas went in on that."

Mike goes up to the door and calls Shelly. "Come out front Shell, and see what your grandparents got you." Marlene comes right behind her with her mother and they have cameras in hand.

"Oh Grandpa," she cries rushing down the steps. She poses for the cameras holding her new bike and Gerrard gets the other package out of the trunk. He gives it to her and she puts the kickstand down resting the bike on it. She rips the paper off the gift after reading the card from Uncles Colin and Thomas. She reveals a shining bright coloured new bike helmet.

"Wow! I can give Jan my bike now! Thank you very much!" She hugs her grandfather and then her grandmother.

Nancy says, "Put on the helmet and get on the bike. I want a picture of you now."

Shelly poses for them. Rick and Jan watch her and grin thinking of what they have for her.

They head back in the house and Marlene asks, "Have you had breakfast Mom?"

"Oh, hours ago. My goodness, it's after eight-o-clock!"

"Well I have to feed this crew. Why don't you folks visit with Mike and the kids until I have it ready."

Nancy frowns, "I'll help you in the kitchen."

When they get out of hearing she says, "Does he still have that harlot in Chilliwack?"

"Mom, Trudy is my friend, too. She is like a sister and I love her like one. I never had a sister."

"That's not my fault! Two boys and one girl was enough for me. Your father would have liked to have a dozen. Men!"

"Hasn't Emma grown?"

"Yes but she looks like him. Why did you want to have another one? I could never understand that. Your three are growing up so nicely now. You will be forever raising another one."

Marlene smiles, "And maybe another one."

Nancy looks shocked. "Another one! Are you crazy? What are you going to do when he up and leaves you for that tramp?"

"Oh mother, Mike loves me more than ever. That's not going to happen."

"Well I wouldn't put up with it! And he has a child with her! So disgusting!"

Meanwhile Mike is chatting with Marlene's father and Rick has gone off to Julie's. He promises to come right back because Mike tells him they are going down to Chilliwack. Shelly is letting Jan ride her bike and Jan is showing off that she can ride it. Shelly stays with her on her own new bike. Jan has learned to ride on a friend's bike and has been bugging for one of her own. They ride up and down on the sidewalk in front of the house.

Rick and Julie come up the street and Julie has a package for Shelly. They go back in the yard and she rips it open. It's a child's friendship bracelet with room to add many novelties and names. Shelly is very pleased with it and hugs Julie. She runs in the house to show everyone.

As she enters the kitchen her grandmother is saying, "Well I won't stay in the same house with him. We have to get going." She heads into the front room.

Shelly looks at her mother, "She's talking about Daddy, isn't she?"

Marlene puts her arms around her, "You know how Mom is about him, honey. You'll understand better when you get older."

"I know how Daddy loves us. That should be enough for her."

"Yes he does and it should be enough. What's that you've got?"

"It's a friendship bracelet. Julie gave it to me. Can I help you here?"

"Sure you can. It's almost ready." She hears the car start in the driveway. "Call your Dad and Jan. If Rick and Julie are out there call them, too."

Soon they are gathered around the table. Julie is showing Shelly how to add names to the bracelet and Rick is watching over her shoulder. The French toast disappears quickly as the level in the syrup bottle goes down. Mike picks up a sausage and bites an end off it then uses it to punctuate something he is saying to Rick. Marlene watches them all in satisfaction.

After breakfast Mike makes sure Shelly locks up her new bike and the old one, as well. They load everything up in the station wagon and Mike gets the presents out of the trunk of his Mustang. They all climb in and head for Chilliwack.

Marlene whispers to Mike, "I'm sorry Mom was so rude to you."

"Not a problem. She thinks more of me that you realize. Don't worry about it."

"Mom doesn't like you. She's always been luke warm on you but since Trudy she hates you." Mike just shakes his head.

They troupe in and Trudy sends them right on through into the front room. She has crepe streamers in pink and white running from one corner over a comfy chair and she has taken the rug up. Quietly she passes confetti out to Jan and Crystal telling them to use it when they sing Happy Birthday.

She joins them and tells Shelly the comfy chair is for her. She puts Shannon in her lap and rushes back to grab her camera. She snaps a picture while Marlene does the same and then she starts the Happy Birthday song. She has the camera ready as the confetti showers them in the corner. Everyone laughs and sings. Then Anna comes in with the birthday cake lit up with candles. She waits for the confetti to settle before bringing it close for the two of them to blow out the candles. There is one fat candle in the middle and ten smaller ones around it.

Shelly tries to get Shannon to blow but she keeps pointing at Mike and going, "Dada, dada, dada." Shelly blows the candles out and everyone cheers. Then Shannon tries to blow at the candles.

Gifts are next and Shelly helps Shannon unwrap hers. When Trudy sees the silver cup her eyes fill up and she turns away. Marlene gets it as they are unwrapping the next one and holds it for Trudy to see the inscription. She whines, "I don't deserve such a wonderful man, Marlene." She sneaks away in the confusion taking a gift with her. She hides it in the bedroom and comes back.

Marlene sidles over to her and whispers, "What are you up to? I saw you sneak that one present. What's up? Did you get her the same thing?"

She pulls her out into the kitchen. "Oh Marlene, I got her a cheap plastic spill proof cup. I feel so bad about it."

"Hey, that's practical for everyday use now. She'll love it and in time she will use the silver one when she has learned to not spill it. Go get it, little one."

She looks up at her hopefully, "Do you really think she'll like it?"

"I know she will. Hurry and get it."

She goes to the bedroom and comes back with it. Meanwhile Marlene has had a word with Mike. Mike takes it from her and takes her hand. He brings her with him and goes right to Shelly. "Here is Sam's mother's gift. See if you can get her to open it."

She holds up an apron smiling, "Thank you, Daddy."

Shelly helps Shannon and she tears the paper apart as Mike slips the silver cup up and sits it on a shelf next to Trudy's picture with Shannon in her arms. Shannon pulls it out of the box and swings it around by the handle gurgling and chattering away. Everyone claps their hands and laughs. Mike squeezes Trudy with an arm.

Marlene is cutting birthday cake and she enlists Julie and Crystal to pass it around. She has Jan passing out serviettes and forks behind them. Rick chats with Anna by the door. He insists she have a piece of the cake and tells her how good it is.

After the festivities ease up the adults relax with coffee in the kitchen. The kids retire to play in the back yard after being warned to stay back from the slough. Shelly is allowed to take Emma out but Marlene gives her careful instructions. She comes back and sits next to Trudy.

"You know that is the first time I've been in your front room. How about showing me around your home?"

"I'd love to." She starts with the corner behind the door where they have the desk and business files. "We plan to build a garage in this corner of the house and use it for an office. If we ever sell it can be converted back into a garage easily. It's also easier to get a permit to build." She grins.

"Do you and Mike sleep upstairs?"

"No, no," she turns and opens the bedroom door. "We sleep here. Don't you love our bedroom sliding glass doors to the back yard? And we have our own bathroom here."

Marlene looks at the crib. "I see that Sam sleeps with you."

"Uh huh, she's great company when Mike's not home." She looks at Marlene, "I'm sorry, does it bother you to think of him here?"

Marlene watches the kids playing in the back yard. "We planned on a house like this but all we could afford then was the condo. No, it's all right little one."

"Come on, I'll show you upstairs." They go back to the kitchen area and up the stairs. Rowe watches them at the top of the stairs. "Up here are two bedrooms and the bathroom. There is a storeroom that has never been finished. It has no ceiling or wiring in it, just one bulb in the middle. Mike says we can fix it up if we have lots of kids. This is Crystal's room." Next they peek in Anna's room then head back downstairs.

"It's a beautiful home you've made for him, Trudy. I love it."

As they return to the table Mike gets up. "I think we better get going, love. I promised Connie I'd drop in on them this morning to check on the construction. It's almost noon."

Trudy asks, "Do you want me to call him, darling? I can explain why you're late and he won't expect you until after lunch."

"No, that's all right, love. I'll go over as soon as I get home." He pats his stomach, "I don't really need more to eat now." He laughs.

They hurry around and get on the road home. Marlene sits pensive on her side of the seat. "Does she always call you darling?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I think."

"Funny, I never heard her call you that before... or I never noticed."

"You must have." He has his mind on the construction and is only half interested in what she is saying.

"She's made it quite cozy for you, hasn't she?" He nods. "Do you like sleeping on the ground floor?"

"Oh, uh yes, why?"

"Remember we wanted a ranch style place when we got the condo."

"Yeah, I wish we could have afforded it back then."

"We could now."

1...2324252627...30