An Offering to the Daphnaie

Story Info
A young man makes offerings to the Daphnaie.
6.4k words
4.3
8.8k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Laskald
Laskald
39 Followers

Mateo scratched his stubble and let out a cavernous yawn. Below the balcony railing he was leaning on the work floor of his father's printing house was bustling with activity; trolleys full of metal, paper and ink rolling back and forth between the machinery. He glanced in the direction of someone cursing loudly, an operator whose Linotype had just spat molten lead all over his leather apron before dripping onto his trouser leg. Mateo stifled a snort as the unfortunate man hopped about clutching at his scalded leg. It was cruel, but there was precious little to laugh about up here, and he took what he could get. He heard footsteps to his right, and when he glanced over he smiled. Speaking of taking what he could get...

Mateo spun around to lean back against the railing, his elbows carefully positioned to rest casually atop it. He gave his shoulder length black hair a quick run through with his fingers, easing it into a more attractive mess before readying himself to strike. His quarry reached the balcony and looked up from her stack of papers as she noticed him. She had lovely olive green eyes that he fixed with his own murky brown as he flashed her his most charming smile. Her nose wrinkled and her forehead creased as she returned his look with one of distaste, speeding up slightly to escape his presence just a little but quicker. Her retreating back was followed by a grimace from Mateo, his pride withering as he watched her leave.

His thoughts drifted to his own pile of work, still waiting for him on his desk, further darkening his mood. There was only one thing for it. He strode away purposefully, heading initially for his office before veering off course when no one was around. A surreptitious trip down the stairs and out the side door took him out of the building without having to pass in view of his father's office. A few minutes later he was strolling down market street and beaming. It was a beautiful day, clear and warm with a light sea breeze blowing in over the coastal town. Perfect weather for a picnic.

After purchasing some cheese, bread, olive oil, vinegar, and a bottle of wine to wash it all down Mateo was ready to depart. The old forest in the hills he decided, would be the perfect place to enjoy the beautiful day without any chance of being interrupted. With his bundle in hand he began the walk to the edge of town with a spring in his step. The old trees crowded close around hills that wouldn't become real mountains until much further east, here by the coast they were nothing more than gentle slopes and shallow valleys. The sounds of the sea and the town fell away as he ascended to the forest's edge, replaced by the soft sounds of the life beneath the trees. There was a well worn path, but he followed it for only the briefest time before forging his own trail into the untracked hinterland. Small creatures tempted out by the warm spring sunshine scurried back to their burrows as he crashed through the underbrush snapping sticks and brushing aside branches. After fifteen minutes of trailblazing he came upon a lone laurel tree atop a small knoll. The sunbathed slope was covered with long soft grass, and he congratulated himself on the incredible luck that had led him to it. Kicking off his shoes and peeling his socks off he took a seat and basked in the glow for a minute, confident he'd made the right decision. How could he have possibly wasted a day like this at work?

Thoroughly at ease he began his feast, breaking off some feta to drizzle oil over it, sighing his satisfaction as the brine and oil mixed to perfection. He'd forgotten to bring a plate, so he tore the bread into chunks before mixing the oil and vinegar in his cupped hand, dunking pieces into his makeshift bowl. Licking his hands clean before brushing them off on his pants he reached for the wine, popping the cork to inhale the aroma of his favourite Agiorgitiko. Fruity with the just the right amount of spice, a treat even drunk straight from the bottle. He took his first sip, swallowed, and laughed out loud. Now this was life, good food and wine, and far from the reach of his father's drudgery. He took a deeper swig before corking it to continue his lunch, how could the day be more perfect than this?

Some time later Mateo lay on his back with his shirt open, letting the wind tickle his chest hair and the sun's warmth lull him into a stupor. The food was reduced to crumbs, the wine was half gone, and he was enjoying the pleasant buzz in his head. Best of all, there was no one around to ruin it.

So why did he feel like he was being watched?

Mateo cracked one eye open, and then scrambled to sit up. The woman watched him curiously as he straightened his shirt and subtly combed his fingers through his hair, trying to regain an air of cool and collected calm. She was standing half behind the laurel tree at the top of the knoll, not more than five steps away. Obscured by its dense foliage, he reasoned she must have come up the other side of the hill. Still, she must move like a specter for him to not have noticed her approach, he wasn't that drunk.

He fixed her with the same winning smile he'd tried earlier, "Hello, I'm Mateo."

To his great delight she smiled back, "Alcie, it's nice to meet you Mateo."

Her voice was like birdsong, sweet and musical, and he found his smile broadening. He hadn't thought it possible, but his day had just got even better.

He waved to the grass beside him, "Would you like to join me?"

She remained where she was, and for a moment he was afraid she might slip behind the tree and disappear again, but then she nodded and stepped fully into view.

She looked like a painting come to life, with her dark hair hanging in long curls down her back and wide dark eyes that shimmered like the ocean under the sun. She sat next to him, closer than she needed to, and he watched her delicate hands as they smoothed out her gauzy white dress. She looked to him expectantly, holding him with those eyes. They were full of innocence and anticipation, and though he wasn't quite sure, seemed to hide some deeper weariness. Such depressing thoughts were brushed aside as his wilted pride recovered looking at the beauty he had attracted, he was certain all he had to do now was keep things moving.

Mateo picked up the half empty bottle and offered it to her, "The food is gone I'm afraid, but there's wine if you'd like."

Alcie murmured her thanks and accepted the bottle, uncorking it and giving it a hesitant sniff. She took one big swig and swallowed, and then another. Her cheeks flushed and she giggled, offering the bottle back to him. He felt his arousal stir in his pants as he took another drink, the wine only inflaming his desire further. He passed the bottle back and she happily took another swig before looking to him expectantly once more. Conversation he realised, he should be talking to her.

"So, Alcie, a beautiful name you have."

Alcie giggled and blushed deeper, "Thank you, I like yours too Mateo."

Mateo and his pride swelled, this looked to be the easiest time he'd ever have.

He decided to push his advantage, "And only fitting for such a beautiful woman."

Alcie giggled again and glanced downwards, her hands restless on the bottle. His eyes dipped as well, taking the chance to get a good look at her chest. She was slim and a little too pale, but her dress was low cut and hugged her slight curves tightly. He shifted how he was sitting, discreetly bringing them closer together, hips almost touching.

When their eyes met once more she was breathing heavily, and he could feel his pants straining.

Alcie broke the silence, "I'm glad I found you Mateo."

Mateo's grin widened, "And why's that?"

Alcie's expression changed, like she was hardening her resolve, "I need a man."

Mateo was about to offer a witty response when she leaned forward and kissed him. His eyes widened in surprise as their lips met, his mouth tingling where it touched hers. Then he closed his eyes to enjoy it, moving to wrap his arms around her.

Except his arms wouldn't move, they seemed rooted at his sides. The tingling in his lips grew stronger and then subsided as his whole face began to numb. He couldn't open his eyes and his head was spinning, far more than the wine had given cause for. Panic tried to well up in his stomach but was smothered as the numbness spread to his insides. He felt as if he were tumbling over and over.

And then he felt nothing at all.

~~~

He was no longer warm. This was the first sensation to register as his mind slowly emerged from its slumber. The next was the voices. Women?

"It was dangerous, you could have worn yourself out and crumbled to nothing. Did you consider how Anthia would feel if she woke up and found you reduced to firewood? Did you consider how I would feel?"

Woman, angry woman, why did that mean something?

"I know Zosime, I know. But it didn't happen, I'm okay. And now we'll all be okay! I did it, I found an offering! I told you I'd do it!"

Alcie. Her voice was like cold water thrown over his mind, wrenching him up from the dark pit he was stuck in. He pried his eyes open, groaning as he tried to force life back into the rest of his body. When the pictures started making sense the first thing he was aware of was the two women looking at him. One of them was Alcie, cradling a large brown rabbit in her arms, and looking at him with unbridled joy. The other had darker hair and eyes, and was slightly older and more sturdily built, a fact he could fully appreciate since she was also stark naked. She stood with her hands firmly planted on her hips, a sour look fixed on him.

Alcie practically shrieked with joy, "He's awake! You see I did it! He survived! Your mama did it Kouni!" The last exclamation was directed to the rabbit, who she held raised like a doll as she spun away, laughing and singing.

As she did Mateo began to take in his surroundings, most distressingly the bonds that were keeping his hands secure above his head. They were in some sort of depression, a bowl shaped dip in the earth about the size of a cottage, the ledge above ringed with large laurel trees. As he gazed up at them he wondered what had happened to him, had Alcie drugged the wine somehow? Had she carried him here all by herself? Was he going to be ransomed back to his family? His gaze dropped to the contents of the bowl and his blood ran cold. The bowl was largely featureless, with the only remarkable feature being the large flat-topped stone at its centre. Its sides were carved with images, weather worn but still visible. There were shrubs, dogs, a boar, and a woman riding a chariot pulled by four deer, bow and arrow in her hands. It was an altar, dedicated to Artemis if he wasn't mistaken. It all made horrible sense, Alcie had mentioned an offering, and the other woman, wandering naked around the forest. Mateo's insides turned to ice, he'd been abducted by a crazy pagan cult. They were going to kill him and offer his heart to an ancient goddess and no one would ever find his body.

He had to act fast to save his life, "Wait! My father's rich! You know the printing press in town? He owns it! He'll pay handsomely for my safe return. But only if I'm unharmed!"

Alcie stopped her dance to look at him with a cocked head and furrowed brow, "What's a printing press?"

The other woman's scowl deepened, "What could he possibly pay us with?"

"Money! Or gold, if you prefer. Silver, jewels, anything you want!"

Alcie's face lit up with wonder, "Jewels! The stones that sparkle like stars in all the colours of the rainbow?"

Mateo focused his pleas on Alcie, perhaps she was still sane enough to be reasoned with.

"Yes! Rubies and emeralds and diamonds! Anything you want he can get it for you, but he'll only do it if you give him back his son."

He could see he'd captured her interest, but unfortunately she was the only one.

The naked cultist spoke wearily, "Alcie, you've done well to find him, but I need you to focus if he's to be of any help to us. Go wake Anthia, and then prepare his laurel."

Mateo's heart sank as he watched the wonder in Alcie's eyes disappear, she looked to him and smiled apologetically, "I'd love to see your jewels now, but it'll have to wait, we need offerings."

She spun on her heel and dashed away up out of the bowl before Mateo could come up with a counter-offer.

Trembling with fear he turned slowly back to face the other woman, finding she'd produced a stone knife from somewhere. Her expression remained as dark as ever as she advanced on him with the knife held ready. Mateo began to sob, fat tears rolling down his cheeks as he watched his executioner draw near.

Her lip curled in distaste, "Quit your blubbering and whining, it's been too long since any of us have received an offering, and poor Alcie's never had one at all."

Mateo only shuddered more, Alcie's voice had been the sweetest of birdsong, but this woman's was the deep rasp of a raven.

She knelt and pointed the knife at his nose, "Now shut your mouth and let me see if you're even any good for it."

He sat perfectly still, frozen rigid with terror as she grabbed his pants and aimed the knife. Then to his shock and relief, she cut a slit down one leg of his pants. A second later she flipped the knife to the other hand and cut the second leg, yanking away the meager protection they offered. He was further surprised when the knife disappeared from her hand, apparently into thin air, and she reached down to fondle him. She gave his soft cock a quick stroke, before squeezing his balls with a firmness that made him gasp. She smiled at his discomfort, and continued to squeeze him uncomfortably while her other hand stroked his hardening cock.

She scoffed, "You like that do you?" She gave his balls another squeeze for emphasis, and his cock twitched in response.

Satisfied, she stood up to look down on him, "You're not leaving until we've got what we need from you, so you can either take off your clothes and lie down on the altar like a good boy, or I can make you."

The knife reappeared, "What will it be?"

He didn't want to make her any angrier, but he had to know his fate, "What do you need from me?"

She rolled her eyes, "Your seed of course."

He frowned, "I don't understand, do you mean..."

Her foot came down full force, Mateo jumping as her heel slammed into the ground a hair's breadth from his balls. She slowly lowered the rest of her foot to apply a gentle pressure to his balls.

"Yes, I mean what's in these you disgusting cretin. If you want to keep them when we're done here, I strongly suggest you be a good boy."

Without waiting for further reply she waved her hand over his head and he felt his bindings fall away. He brought his wrists down to rub them, and the woman stood back to gesture to the altar with her knife.

Attempting to run crossed his mind, and the idea was immediately discarded. He was certain she'd carry through on her threats, and he didn't want to give her any reason to. He rose slowly, getting tangled in the ruins of his pants before he managed to remove them and walk on unsteady legs to lie down on the altar stone. It was hard of course, and colder than it should have been under the light of the sun above. For some reason his cock refused to soften throughout the ordeal.

A new voice drifted to his ears, another woman, and in a panic he again considered jumping up to flee the horde of lunatics he was sure was about to descend on him. The woman standing over him narrowed her eyes, and he took the hint not to be stupid.

"So it's true, we have been blessed."

The newcomer walked into view, also naked, and endowed with all the curves Alcie had missed out on. Her coppery hair was braided and pinned on top of her head in a style that hadn't been common for centuries, and she smiled down at him with a calm and kindness he found oddly reassuring considering his situation. When she spoke it was what he imagined a goddess must sound like.

"Hello young man, I am Anthia, what would your name be?"

"Uh, Mateo."

"An apt name indeed, I thank you for coming to our aid, it makes me glad to meet such a generous soul."

Mateo's head was spinning again, "Um, what exactly am I helping you with?"

Anthia chuckled, "I imagine Alcie was too excited to properly explain everything. You'll have to forgive her, it's the exuberance of youth, she is barely fifty after all."

Mateo's head spun faster as Anthia kept speaking, who were these people?

"While the sun and the rain are enough to sustain us to the end of our days, to subsist on that energy alone leaves us rather frail. The fresh life provided by the offerings we receive from good men like yourself keep us in our prime. Sadly our home has been forgotten for quite some time, you're the first visitor we've had since Alcie joined us. She's a boisterous one, but the weariness pulls at even her."

Anthia wavered, and the other woman rushed to catch her before she fell. She slumped gratefully into the younger woman's arms, and for once Mateo saw her face express something other than disgust. She looked to the older woman with genuine concern, and for the first time Mateo wondered if maybe they weren't crazy after all.

Anthia straightened up and gave him a weary smile, "Thank you for helping her Mateo, for helping all of us."

Mateo nodded slowly, trying to digest everything she had said. He didn't quite understand their motivations, but the fact of the matter seemed to be that these three women were desperate to empty his balls. It was unexpected, but with his cock as hard as it was he couldn't deny he was eager to let them.

He heard Alcie come skipping back into the bowl somewhere out of view, "I have the laurel! Can we start now?"

Anthia smiled at her, "I think we should, he looks eager to begin."

Mateo's cheeks reddened as Anthia chuckled and Zosime smirked, but his cock only twitched in anticipation. Alcie's beaming face appeared above him, holding a wreath of laurel leaves in her hands. She had discarded her dress at some point, and her small pink nipples captivated his attention as she placed the laurel securely on his head. When she was done she moved to take her place to the left of the altar, with Zosime to the right and Anthia at the foot. The two younger woman took Anthia's hands when she offered them, and they all raised their faces to the sky.

Anthia led the prayer, with the others echoing her after each statement.

"The Daphnaie thank you for this blessing, great Artemis."

"In our time of want you provide for your daughters."

"Our hearts are filled with the joy of your lands."

"Now let our bodies be filled with the lifeseed of this man."

"The Daphnaie thank you for this blessing, great Artemis."

Anthia turned to Alcie, "Since this will be your first, I think you should be the first to receive this man's offering."

Alcie nodded and bit her lip, giving his hard cock a nervous look. She moved to climb atop the altar but was stopped by Zosime.

"Not just yet blossom, he should make sure you're ready first."

Zosime slid a hand down between Alcie's legs, rubbing her there with a cheeky smile. Alcie's face lit up once more, and with new confidence moved to the end of the altar where his head lay. As she climbed up to straddle his face he came to the realisation that this at least was something she had done before. She settled into position with her pink lips and delicate brown fuzz above his face before sinking lower. His mouth and nose filled with her cloying sweetness, so powerful it overwhelmed him. He lay there motionless, swimming in her otherworldly sweetness, and would have probably stayed there if Zosime's dark visage hadn't moved into sight. She cocked one eyebrow, a silent command to get started.

He plunged his tongue into her folds, eliciting a gasp and a high pitched giggle. She rocked her hips with joyful abandon, and he did his best to work in harmony with her movements.

Laskald
Laskald
39 Followers
12