All Comments on 'An Old Friend'

by stashbystash

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

Would you be willing to write more about these two? The story is compelling. I had finished a story, right before I read this one, which was porn wrapped in the ragged, deceptive cloak of romance. Basically, the author mislead, turning what could have been a lovely tale into a tortured web of abuse, naiveté, ignorance, and base, frivolous sex. To say I was less than thrilled is an understatement bordering on the ludicrous. Your story, the story of reconnection, of rescue, of the beginning of love, is a sweet balm to the sordid missive I had read prior. Thank you!

Well done. 5 🌟⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story

Really a good story with good flow. I like that you didn't in to graphic sex, a good romance story doesn't need it. You properly could have been more detailed about their budding romance. I'm dyslexic, and one thing I have learned is you need to proof read your story, there are some typing errors, and you change your characters names at least once. You should keep on writing, might help if you find an editor to help. I know a lot of the writers will help other ones by editing your stories. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice story

Sweet, tender, emotional, lovingly sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
who is rose?

Nice story

clearedtofuckclearedtofuckover 3 years ago
Very Nice

You really need to continue this story; please don't leave us hanging!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
i enjoyed it...

but, some tired memes. what are you studying?...business. in my many years at universities across the continent, never met anyone studying ¨business¨. but then, i was math, physics.

also, story is somewhat sappy.

at least, no mention of netflix, iphone, etc. that´s a good thing.

keep writing, you´ve a good start...

nycreadernycreaderover 3 years ago
Really good beginning ("Rose's door" notwithstanding).

The Anonymous Commenter who spoke of "good flow" in the story was right: the story kept me (and I gather a good number of others) reading to the end.

The characters and their dialogue are pretty-well written, and readers (at least Romance readers) can feel for Ian and Hailee.

I didn't see very much that needed editing (apart from quibbles of mine about some wording) : the 1 big jarring thing was the reference to "Rose's door" (when "Hailee's door" seems to have been meant) -- and writing "Mickey Mouse" as "mickey mouse" is a bit surprising too. (But I've read stories by writers at this site with lots of fans (series which I'm rather addicted to myself, in spite of some editing deficiencies) which (even after editing) still (well) could use editing, so I still think the story is good.)

Basically, you (the author) have gotten Ian and Hailee to their first mutual admission of falling in love and their first time having sex; nicely, you set things up so that Ian has about a month largely "free" -- so maybe a follow-up could find Ian and Haillee going out and exploring New York City in December and January (but not necessarily emphasizing Christmas and New Year's Eve/New Year's Day as much as many "holiday stories" do?) -- and maybe with Hailee getting closer to employment and Ian and Hailee looking for an apartment (??)

Again: good reading, and a nice beginning -- and decidedly (perhaps the whole Sleeping Beauty part overly emphasizes the Romance character of the story, but) a Romance story -- and a sweet one.

Thanks for posting this.

E. in New York City ("nycreader" when Commenting at Literotica).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous