All Comments on 'An Unexpected Reaction'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 1,123 Comments (Page 2)
PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19818 months ago

This is the 2nd time I have read this and still remains a really decent story and of course the question still remains what kind of damn reaction was she expecting when he caught her cheating

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy598 months ago

The hope their is one more chance.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What JoeBetterBNice said

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice8 months ago

I really enjoyed this story, both times I read it. So good I read it again several months after my first reading. Interesting plotline, likeable characters, good dialogue, this one had it all.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Two stories - the first a 3.5, the second a 6.0 - I gave the whole thing a 5 even though the last "ball squeezing" bit was a serious negative and shouldn't have been included.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

like you said, really should have been two stories. one a divorce tinged story, the second a man rebuilding himself and finding love in the romance category. both halves were enjoyable

ThesilkyfeelingThesilkyfeeling8 months ago

For me the story is a gem I learned many things I experienced emotion in a manner therapeutic healing I am grateful to have read it. Thank you

GardenshedGardenshed8 months ago

Really enjoyed the story, I think it is better being just one complete story. There was strong feeling of emotions the first part, Jace was betrayed by everyone, Becky and friends……. The 2nd half was Jace finding himself and Amanda both were so damaged. I thought it was funny with adding Celeste to the story “mother/sister, sister / daughter, father / sister” it is the South Lol…… The ending I like Amanda telling Race she was pregnant in front of Becky. I think it was the perfect time. Could of left out the ball squeezing out and the threatening Amanda……

Thanks for writing! 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19818 months ago

To the anon that posted 20 days ago and you stayed as I said in my last comment women can be stupid so can men as your comment just made clear the fact you posted as anon says you don't want anyone knowing your name cause you like being a cuck I would have filed for divorce right away under adultery made sure the hearing was public and the media was there even in a no fault state you can still come out on top then I would have demanded partinty test done on all kids cause you can bet your ass I'm not going to pay for a child that is not mine cause my wife decided I wasn't satisfying her anymore in bed I don't have problems with raising a child that isn't mine if my wife had her before we was together but her having another mans kid while married to me and then trying to pass it off as mine not going to happen if you have a dick and balls be a fucking man and have some pride not a little cuck bitch

LegacybadLegacybad8 months ago

Great story, the ending with the ball squeezing didnt think it fit with the way Jace and Amanda interacted with each other. but didn't stopped me from the ending.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

He turned his ex down flat, the ball squeezing makes her look ridiculous, and so does telling the love of your life that he’s going to be a father just to rub it in his ex’s face. Way to make what should be something special into just a spiteful snark at a woman he just thoroughly rejected with class.

I don’t like perfect ‘Mary Sue’ characters, but I end up really disliking Amanda on the last page of this story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Long but still a good read. Loved it to the end both stories – Her cheating and BTB and then his transformation when he met a good woman! 5 -Stars!

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19818 months ago

What did she exactly expect him to do when he found out she cheated on him damn women in these stories can be fucking stupid I admit so can some of the men

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Rereading. Overall a 5 but there are two stories here. The first is a 3.5 or 4.0. The second is a 6 with the exception of the very last bit - the ball squeezing routine is a serious negative. Complete crap. And, unless she wants Jace to stop working there is no way he can guarantee he'll never end up meeting "that woman" at another industry conference.

Holdfast68Holdfast689 months ago

Second time reading it. Loved the second part of it and the fiery loyalty of Amanda, only wish we all had partners with that quality.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story. I lived that. But I stayed. We had three kids. Middle one some other biological dad. Found an old HR folder from a bank she worked for saying she was criticized for having an affair with her boss. I confronted her, she said she was sorry I found out but she couldn’t get enough sex and loved being dominated.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I loved it, and gave it 5 big stars. This was my 2nd time reading it, as I needed a feel good story to read, that was kind of long, but not overly long and this one fits the bill nicely. It hits all of the check marks too, including a love story between him and Amanda. Sure he had one with his first wife, but it ended badly, He really should have called it quits the first time Becky cheated on him, but then he might not have met Amanda and restarted his life.

I often think of all of the mistakes I made when I was younger that led me to my wife of 43 years, and this story kind of reminds me of some of them (brings back good memories). Thank You for sharing it with us Q, I love it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Overall a good read and well done by the author.

I did not rate stars for it however, as while milder than many in this genre, it falls into locking on the main male character's view as the only right way and they are the victim. With undercurrents of devaluing women as emotional, illogical, troublesome etc.

Jace does seem at the core a decent guy but needs to see his own lack of emotional maturity, bad choices (picking a partner with needs he is not well suited to meet; they speak different love languages) and only seeing his way as THE right way and needing to control. That is not too say other's misbehaviors are excused, however he played a major role in things developing the way they did. He wasn't just a passive innocent victim. Additionally he almost lost Amanda at the beginning of their relationship with his stunted ability to communicate and understand his own emotions and hers. Additionally, rather than leading through inspiration and first communication, especially at the beginning with Amanda, he several times just falls back on being controlling (which is weak and immature). It would have been great to see him recognize these things and grow.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Read it again and think that this is one of your best!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

se4cond time i read it . still a damn good story .

Madeira1076Madeira10769 months ago

Had to read it again, it is one of my favorite stories. I need to learn how to put in my favorites.

rickylaw01rickylaw019 months ago

Just reread your story. Loved it the first time and enjoyed it just as much this time. Great to read a story with a positive ending.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Something about this story that always brings me back to it; it's one of the best stories on this site, by arguably the best writer on this site. Three of the five best stories I've read were written by you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

One of the best I’ve read on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Still one of the best stories on here I've read this more than once and it still entertains me. Bad shit happens in life and so does good shit. Sometimes we have to go through the bad to find the good. If these were real people I would hope one day they have a light bulb moment and realise how ugly those "friends" are inside. Probably not but one can hope. BardnotBard

BabalooieBabalooie9 months ago

Great story. I loved it. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It was a great story

GabbyDHGabbyDH9 months ago

Fine! Also have read this @ 5 times, so will add to my very short list of favorites.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I must have read this story six times... Why do I still tear up at all "those" same familiar places? It's a wonderful tale. I wonder if I'll be commentator 1000?

740gordy740gordy9 months ago

2 for 2, but these are the only ones I’ve read so far, one more and I’m going to petition Literotica to add a few more stars. Wish I could think of something better than Thank You but it’s the best I have for now.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Either this or "The Unicorn" is the best story I've ever read on this site

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Aside from the Allan-Cyn-Becky drama, well deserved 5*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Stupid cuck called the third lawyer on the list instead of the shark!! He is a cuck second time round!! Tge bitches Cin and Becky knew how to play him

Medussa55Medussa559 months ago

Wow! what a superb story. I couldn't stop reading once I started. Yes there are a lot of typos and other errors but they don't detract from the captivating plot. The tasering cop scene was a bit silly but hey the rest was excellent. Well done!.

MikeinMemphisMikeinMemphis9 months ago

Great story. All that needs to be said.

mariverzmariverz10 months ago

creo que esta excelente comedia mantiene el 3er lugar, en toda literotica, en cuanto a la cantidad de cliches jajaaj

una fantasía para calmar corazones jajaja

Speechless2025Speechless202510 months ago

Stunningly beautiful story. Thank you.

BabyBunny2222BabyBunny222210 months ago

Well written. Really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The absolute best story I have ever read in Literotica. Thank you so much!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Excellent CR

Tarloso2Tarloso210 months ago

Definitely a great read and I have several times

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

She cheated on him while they were dating. Why was he surprised?

Calico75Calico7510 months ago

This is my second time reading. Very well wriiten and good story. I didn't like the last little bit where Amanda demanded that Jace never be in the same room with his ex and hated when she grabbed his balls. Not a good way to end the story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Slightly creepy, JC behaves like a little kid, failed to learn from his first mistake and then after having a temper tantrum because he can't keep his wife faithful he goes off and grooms a homeless teenager. The fact that he's in a profession well known for those with incredibly low moral standards isn't missed and make his moral high horsing all the more ironic.

HermitinhidingHermitinhiding10 months ago

A well written story, it kept me engaged till the end even though I didn't find Jace sympathetic. I felt for him for sure but a guy with anger issues 'spanking' a traumatized woman because she pissed him off and the way he dealt with Celeste just felt wrong to me. Great that Aida showed up but her marriage also ended because of cheating..there are more reasons for a marriage to end. Becky resurfacing and Amanda feeling threatened enough to squeeze his balls kind of diminished the strenght of their relationship.

I loved the bar and the patrons, glad Jace found real friends, the hospital scene was powerful I really felt it and sighed from relief when the outcome was positive. Thanks for sharing.

GoosebumpgiverGoosebumpgiver10 months ago

Great read and kept me up until 2 am to finish.👏🏻👍🏻. Could’ve been in the romance category as well. Keep writing⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another great story and as it turned out, two stories for the price of one. And the story got almost to 1000 comments. That tells me a lot of people loved the story. Good on ya!

Luckyguy1965Luckyguy196510 months ago

Just a great story that I have read many times and still enjoy the quality of the read

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The last part messed up the story. It was obvious the threat was not needed, and would tend to hurt their relationship for years to come. You should have found a better ending than showing her doubting everything he had said and done since they met. The rest of the story gets a 5, but that last part knocks it down to just above a 4.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Fantastic story!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

i will wear your balls for earrings FUNNY

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

beer cheers tears and motorcycles LOVED IT

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Always has to be the "look how better I'm doing than you" bit, this time with the added I'd drop my present partner for you in a flash, which would make you think she hadn't learnt a thing throughout all those years. Yeah I know it makes a certain kind of reader feel good as it vicariously achieves what they never managed to in their own personal cuckolding, but really ... the MC moved on, it really doesn't matter what happened to his previous wife because if it did it's presence in his everyday consciousness would have detracted from his present life ... so when people say forgive and forget, and some people say I'll never forget, those are the people that have allowed someone else to live rent free in their mind, those are the people who are living the pain everyday because they can't move on and forget the unimportant part of their life, the past.

Lowrider2020Lowrider202011 months ago

I am 83 years old and have been riding Harleys for 67 years , I just loved this story and yes some tears came.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Oh my loard. Tears and cheers. I loved this stories. For a 69 year old man I'm not a shame to say I had lots of tears on my cheeks. Thank you

Robert

Torsini71Torsini7111 months ago

Loved it, thanks!

Argonaut_1975Argonaut_197511 months ago

That was a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Two stories here. The first is a 4 (maybe a 3.5) and the second is a 6 - hence my overall rating of 5.

But the last piece detracts from the story - and from a practical point of view it's impossible for Jace to avoid Becky in the future (that is unless he wants to completely stop attending industry events)

Bandit5906Bandit590611 months ago

The best story of read here since the beginning of reading all your stuff. Thank you for the hours of enjoyment.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower11 months ago

Loved it as you can see by my 5 star vote. You grabbed my attention and held it from beginning to end. All the characters depicted seemed very real to me, like people I would expect to meet in real life, so real, in fact, I shared a lot of the emotions they felt. I'm looking forward to enjoying more of your stories. Keep up the the great work and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story. I personally wished, that Becky got more of her comeuppance. When they met, she should have look old beyond her years and was physically looked terrible. All of Becky's boyfriends or husbands cheated on her. The author was a bit too kind in that situation, but some people are more forgiving then I could be for what a cheating wife did to me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A very, very good story. I hate the sheep mentality that so many women fall into...especially when their bad sheep. Becky is a cunt.

GlennOGlennO11 months ago

Absolutely first class writing. My guess is you have a fair amount of background in the ad agency biz. And sadly, far too much experience with infidelity.

One major reason I found your story captivating was because of your authority as an author. Either you have the ability to imagine the innerworkings of the lives of your characters, or as I stated earlier, you have first-hand experience, or more likely, you have both!

I look forward to reading your future literary contributions.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Jace is really a dumb asshole. She lied and her friend business partner's wife keeps covering for her yet he still marries the whore. He is a dumb cuck

Calico75Calico7511 months ago

Well written. Really enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I really loved this story!! Great job!

SunnyU2SunnyU212 months ago

color lines was unnecessarily racist bs

Ocker53Ocker5312 months ago

Simply one of the best stories on here, if I could give it a 10 I would⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

brendan_charltonbrendan_charlton12 months ago

I hate this story with a passion.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It well written. And I congratulate the author. It's a testimony to his skills that I feel so much for this story.

I dislike the MC though.

He should never have gotten back to her in the initial stages. That's what you get for not listening to your gut.

Everything that happened after he deserves, 10 times over.

It's good the story ended with him in a good place. I won't dispute that.

I still dislike him very very much.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A really good story, I loved watching the character development. I think it could be successful beyond Literotica. Please don't stop writing.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman12 months ago

One of your best stories but I got a little confused about Celeste's age, present and when Amanda last saw her. "Jujudailan" (1 mo. ago) must have read a totally different story or he likes to make really stupid comments

mariverzmariverz12 months ago

Nuevamente 5 estrellas

Me encanta esta fantasía.

IntoblackIntoblackabout 1 year ago

I love stories with happy endings!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very well written story I never hesitate to come back to. I say that as a successful professional writer of long standing.

tipacanoetipacanoeabout 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this excellent story. I am amazed at how critical some readers are of free stories.

brendan_charltonbrendan_charltonabout 1 year ago

I don't know what he expected from her after what he saw in the initial phase of their relationship.

Stupid is as stupid does I guess...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@jujudailian— on a website full of the dumbest comments ever, yours takes the first place stupid prize. What are you, Becky’s schmo dad? Seriously dude?

jujudailanjujudailanabout 1 year ago

He really didn't deserve Amanda for what he did to Becky.

Tootight1Tootight1about 1 year ago

I've read this before, and it still gets me going. It is so close. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As others have said, two stories here. The first is a 3.5 and the second a 6.

And I see an earlier comment where someone pointed out the "ball squeezing" bit was not only unnecessary and out of character but it also detracted from the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I have read this story many times and I never get sick of it. Thank you.

KirkelKirkelabout 1 year ago

Even after 7 reads, this is still one of your best!

Thanks L

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The huge mistake in this story I saw was Aida's husband told her to tell Jace about Becky cheating then he supposedly cheats on her later? Nope that.does not work in the story for the side character.

Otherwise its a nice story cheesy in a lot of places but still decent.

SirtofawnSirtofawnabout 1 year ago

A fun story to read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

why is it that women are so good w/ 20/20 hindsight? They ruin their marriages by taking their men for granted, expecting no push back when their cheating is exposed(blame the democraps and feminazis for setting up this expectation that noone [especially women]are responsible for their actions [except white males] so forgive and forget), then realize after the fact that what they had was pretty special, she made a mistake and you really are my soulmate, so forgive and forget? Most of that sex areentitled, arrogantly dumb and mostly fairly nasty selfish bitches. rk

Schlouis57Schlouis57about 1 year ago

Troisième fois que je relis cette histoire et je suis toujours autant emballé. Merveilleux. Continuer dans ce genre.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I absolutely loved this story, so much so, that I was sorry when it ended.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the best, truly believable and well told. Congratulations and I look forward to your next one.

rickylaw01rickylaw01about 1 year ago

I enjoyed your story. I thought it was well written and it held my interest. Anyone with above average intelligence could understand that the first part of your story was the aftermath of the affair and then you slipped back in time to explain the relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You're close in your closing comment. However, rather than two installments, you should have split it into two stories. The second story, except for the rambling at the end trying to tie it back to the first story, is a pretty good romance story. I think it would have done well in that category on it's own.

Unfortunately, the first story is the problem. Your first mistake was sticking a random scene from the middle of the story on the front. Your second mistake was not making it immediately clear that you were doing a time jump back to the actual start of the story. I could see some interesting potential story lines with his next girlfriend having the same name as his ex-wife, but I wasn't exactly happy with the choice. Then I realized you were just too lazy to explain that you were jumping back to before she was his wife rather than continuing the story post-divorce. If that wasn't bad enough, the story itself kind of sucked. Putting the opening scene in the proper place would have helped, but it wouldn't have saved it. All-in-all, the first story is a subpar but not horrible entry that is pretty common in the LW category.

RaptorPilotRaptorPilotabout 1 year ago

Wow. That was pretty amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I'm sure it hit home to those that read it. Continue the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

👌

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’m an avid reader of books and stories. I can’t speak for everyone, but in my opinion this is not only the best story I’ve ever read from Literotica, but the best one I’ve ever read period. Thank you for your penmanship.

Darkness86Darkness86about 1 year ago

Great story Becky got what s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I've read this four times and have loved it every time. Always a 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brilliant, very, very well done.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersabout 1 year ago

Glad I'm not the only one who loves this story, many reads, love it more every time.

WvrjjrWvrjjrabout 1 year ago
Fourth time through. Still 5*

Without question absolutely one of the best, if not actually the best story on Literotica. IMHO

Wayne

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories