All Comments on 'An Unexpected Reaction'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 1,117 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

A pet peeve of mine is authors who have women liberally slapping men in their stories. It's not virtuous that the guys just take it without saying anything, it's abuse and its pathetic. I was slapped one time in a bar, she was wearing the whole pitcher of beer I was holding right after. They don't have to fight or hit the women back but doing nothing isn't strength, it's weakness.

sara_mc_gypsy_faesara_mc_gypsy_fae5 days ago

5 stars one your best Storys

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

I have a problem with JC marring a girl that seems to be much younger then he is. Makes for a good fantasy. Some editing is needed.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

I am certain no one believes it would be appropriate for the MC to begin forcing all of the fingers of his right hand into his bride's vagina while saying,, "I don't trust that food critic. So take this as a warning. If I ever catch you talking to him again, I'll tear your cunt apart." By the same token, Amanda's ball crushing warning was way off base and clearly abusive. She may have trauma in her background, but that does not give her license to traumatize other people, especially her partner.

StruckwrongStruckwrong13 days ago

Other than the fact that he was shown her true colors the first time it was enjoyable. That one thing was a bit frustrating.

She made the first time into cheating by lying about it.

If you can't even make it through the dating period you aren't going to long term either.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean16 days ago

Multiple reads of this one, still a 5 great writing good story realistic events other than the 2 faced friends.

ca_daveca_dave17 days ago

Continuing last comment. Amanda told Jace her mom had taught her to cook before the booze got her. The story did not have holes in it.

ca_daveca_dave17 days ago

@anonymous from 4 months ago. Try reading the story again and take time to understand it. Both Amanda and Celeste were wards of the state. Both in foster care, because their mom had died. Amanda tells Jace sb

ClearmuseClearmuse18 days ago

Didn't know what I was getting into really, but gripping story.

Doug2024Doug202420 days ago

V missed the point. Chas made the first mistake. He did not introduce Becky as his ex-wife. This most likely bothered Amanda. The author points out Amanda's flaws throughout the story. Despite how much she had changed, Amanda was still a jealous woman. She knew the effect Becky had on Chas and was drawing a line in the sand.

usaretusaret23 days ago

2d read, still 5 stars. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Was really loving it till the end.

Thought the totally unnecessary threat, whilst crushing his balls, was uncalled for. Shows her insecurities __WAY__ too much, not to mention assault. Always the double standard that if a man did that to a woman, they'd be arrested.

V.

Doug2024Doug202425 days ago

Why I like stories like this is because reading them I know how truly lucky I am. I do not understand why there are not more stories about women that have multiple orgasms. Maybe women like my wife are rare.

My wife and I waited 7 weeks before we had set the first time for various reasons. I jerked off in the morning, because I wanted longer to make sure she had an orgasm. It turned out I did not need to worry about.

After we went out to dinner, we went back to her apartment and had sex for the first time. I was in total awe. We made love for about 15 to 20 minutes. My future wife had the first orgasm in about a minute and then proceeded to have have one right another.

When we finished, she wanted to talk. She explained she did not like to receive oral set. If she was going to have orgasms, she wanted them with me in her. I asked how many she had. She said she was not totally sure but figured it was between 10 and 20 and most likely closer to 20.

Needless to say my wife loves sex. Been married over 46 years. Even into our late 50's we still had sex 2 to 4 just about every week. Unfortunately ED has become a big issue, but I hope to have implant surgery soon.

Again why are there not more stories about women like my wife? Are women with this gift really that rare?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

"I have, and I'm content. But, Jace, late at night, when you're lying there next to her, do you ever think about me? If you'd just forgiven me, we'd still be together."

Hope the Ex-wife Becky's second husband didn't have friends in the room when she said that. Unless he had also 'settled' on her too, her real character would be revealed. Some people are not wired for fidelity, and the sad part about that is it means more than just sexual intimacy. People like this Becky don't ever understand that violating one form of intimacy compromises them all. People so wired lack the basic judgement necessary to have your back, and could never be trusted with the core intimacy that make a marriage work. My brother's first wife was exactly like that, and we both worked in the same philanthropic field for years, so I worked with her associates many times. Speaking of awkward, considering what I knew, and readily observed in her work. Excellent story, and so fundamentally true, despite the artistic license.

consulting91consulting91about 1 month ago

This was a really great story. It kept me engaged and I couldn’t stop reading. I can’t to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story

phantom123phantom123about 2 months ago

Perhaps my favorite story. I really love this. The characters, the story, all are really good. Definitely a 10 star story: 5 is just not enough.

Doug2024Doug2024about 2 months ago

This is one of my favorites. I have already read it twice already. Yesterday and then the second time today. I read the good ones more than once. You pick up some things you missed on the first you read it.

wlpjwlpjabout 2 months ago

This is 5 stars all the way!! And, it's probably in my top 5 of all stories I've read on this site, ever!! Only disappointment for me was we never found out what was on those tapes and DVDs. We all know what was on there, but we never got details. Also, would have been a nice addition to know a little of her point of view right after the divorce and how miserable she was for awhile. Still though, top 5 story of all time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

5* to Jace and Amanda

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Becky was an easy slut before marriage so he's a stupid fool to think the skank would change

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Truly a great story, low on the sex high on reality.

Thank you ever so much

Con6969Con6969about 2 months ago

Awesome story thanks for the hard work

Emma2009Emma2009about 2 months ago

I’ve read it three times now and it’s one of the best stories on the site. I can feel his pain in your words, I can also hear her(Becky’s cluelessness). She knew she was wrong, she could have confessed and maybe saved her marriage but she really didn’t care. At the end, where she’s married, she’s more than willing to desert her new husband. Jace won big with Amanda, and he encouraged her to become her own woman. She did, she realized how special he is, and will never do anything to risk that. Great story and one I’ll keep coming back to. 5⭐️✨

KwazyWabbitKwazyWabbitabout 2 months ago

Nice to have a story that explains how the MC finally finds an honest and loving woman rather than a rushed paragraph as an epilogue to quickly tie up the loose ends.

Made a pleasant change and I felt your story was better for it.

I give out very few 5⭐️, I reserve those for the cream of the crop. Well done.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

I liked it, but I think that if you're going to past the divorce in a LW story, then the ex-spouse needs to play some relevance in the ongoing story. I mean, there were A LOT OF WORDS about the MC moving on, finding a new girl, falling in love, their life afterwards, etc. The meeting at the show or whatever with Becky wasn't really the sort of denouement that you would think it would be because damn, that bitch had been long done and dusted for aeons at that point. Basically, if you shortened the ending down, it would be a great LW story. If you shortened the start down, it'd be a great Romance story. As it is - it's just sort of stuck in the middle. It's still well written, so a 4/5 from me, but it's definitely a story that didn't know what it wanted to be.

SackettheartSackettheart2 months ago

Great story. Thus is the second time reading it. I really don't mind the length at all. One part, two part or three. So you beak it up, that won't change the story. As as reader that only gives you a convenient place to stop reading to book mark it. Me, I stop when I'm ready to stop reading and just come back to it. It's just a great book you start reading you never put down.

silverthorne16silverthorne162 months ago

Very well done. My hat is off to you!

maddictmaddict2 months ago

You have more than a couple of nice comments. Congratulations 👏. I enjoyed this story a lot. Scorched earth indeed

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19813 months ago

She cheated and he left and she thinks that was an unexpected reaction what the hell did she think was going to happen

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Still one of the better stories on here just had to re-read it as every so often I need a dose of Q in my life. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Would have better divided into two separate stories as the author suggested in his post script. Would also have been better without any of the casual violence with which it was peppered, especially the ball squeezing at the end.

JR

Calico75Calico753 months ago

I've read it several times now, and the squeezing his balls in the conclusion ruins it every time. And Amanda's demand that Jace never be in the same room with Becky is immature and unrealistic unless Jake never travels to an industry event again. Good character development and well written.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wonderful story. Read through it twice. Very enjoyable. Please post more like this.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One of your best: 55555

Odess83Odess833 months ago

Очень хорошая история!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I loved it, and it's one of my favorites too. I gave it 5 huge stars. Not sure I care for the ball squeezing at the end, but everything else worked out just fine. I know some on here think this kind of thing wouldn't happen in real life, but it can. Circumstances have to line up just right for that to happen, but how I met my wife was something convoluted like this story, and we've been together for 40+ years now. I loved it, and Thanks for sharing it with us.

RedRachaelRedRachael3 months ago

One of my favorites!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story and we love happy endings. Too bad Becky's new husband didn't hear her when she said she'd leave him for JC. That would have been interesting!

SkanderbegSkanderbeg4 months ago

Gah....it's now 4:30 am, I only intended to start but wound up reading straight through. A wonderful story.

Thank you for sharing your work.

Cracker270Cracker2704 months ago

One of my favorites. Always great to have a visit

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

Always a good story to read. Perhaps my 3td time now.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It seems obvious that I'm not alone in loving this story. Thanks Q, 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

CryDeWolfCryDeWolf4 months ago

How to write this in a way that you understand my true intent. I hate you, lol. I woke up in the middle of the night and said, find something to put you back to sleep. Stumbled on this and TWO hours later am writing this comment. Great story. Thank you for entertaining me and thanks a lot for keeping me awake! Lol

enderlocke77enderlocke774 months ago

Haven't finish yet but, animals so do have emotions. Google is ur friend not that I needed it to know that

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

How about an update on where they all are now?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was truly AWESOME

Kernow2023Kernow20234 months ago

Really good story worth the 5 stars only thing that could have improved it was Becky's husband to have heard her offer at the end

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Five stars but it's really two stories. The first is a 4.0 (maybe a 3.5) and the second is a 6.0 - hence the overall 5.0.

The only negative is the "ball squeezing" bit at the end. Didn't really belong. Besides, unless Jace never attends another industry function it's impossible for him to avoid occasionally ending up in the same room as his ex.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Every time I read this I love it more. The only thing that I still think would have made it slightly better at the end would have been if Becky made the offer to Jace that she would dump her current husband and get back together with Jace. There should have been two loud inhales after that where Amanda was behind Jace and heard it but then also heard his response but then behind Amanda would have been her current husband who heard it and dumped her right there which would have proved even more so that Becky never changed. It is still a spectacular story that always has been one of my favorites.

GG

roveroneroverone4 months ago

I've joined the parade...just re-read and again got hooked...fantastic characters/dialogue, really top drawer...

Know I've read some of your other works, 154 a little too much to skim thru right now but...

going to put this in my all-time-best folder if not already, and bookmark your other stories

..and grabbing his balls at end...sheesh....!

Gym52Gym524 months ago

An awesome tale, that is well worth reading. There are a few grammatical and spelling errors but nothing that disrupted the reading flow, nothing that cannot be put down to the variations in the use of English in two divergent countries.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This is too sickeningly syrupy sweet to get off too.

Five stars. I love this kind of stuff.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

He knew what she was like when they dated.

Gadf77Gadf774 months ago

I really liked this. Well written and emotional. It took me a second to realise what was happening when he had the flashback to how he met his ex and to the moment he confronted her. I sympathized with his feelings of betrayal as I've experienced it as well with my ex gf. So thanks for writing this.

AlanDavidAlanDavid4 months ago

Read it twice, liked it the first time & the 2nd. The long stories are a killer for “US” that like to read straight through. Iv read some of your other works & enjoyed them too. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

When they got married why did his mother say she always wanted a daughter. Didn't Jace say his sister gave him the nickname he has. What gives. Was Amanda's mother not around anymore. If so why wasn't she invited to the wedding. A lot of holes in this story.

vesanvesan4 months ago

Wonderful story. Excellent writing. I loved it. 5 stars.

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa4 months ago

Amazing simply Amazing.

TEXASMADDOGTEXASMADDOG4 months ago

Very good, VERY NICE!!

I am speechless, thinking about this story...how it all worked out for the best (except Becky...she will be So Sad for the rest of her miserable life!!)

Five**5**Stars...🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋🥵💯

Johnnylegal59Johnnylegal594 months ago

In my top ten of the thousands of stories I’ve read here over many years. Wonderfully written, with characters that I actually cared about, not the usual fare. I think I would have enjoyed it almost as much had there been no sex included. The sex that was described was done tastefully.

My wife’ parents and siblings were killed in a car accident when she was a baby, the raised in an abusive home. The passages involving the girls lives gave an all too accurate description of how some of the most vulnerable are sometimes placed into “homes” that make their lives a living hell and scar them for life. Thank you.

spinpole2001spinpole20015 months ago

Great story,keep up the good work!

TommywinklesTommywinkles5 months ago

Nice I enjoyed it

anomalouseranomalouser5 months ago

Thank you for a lovely story.

I work in the field of Foster Care and Adoption, just much further north on I-75 than where this story ends up. It is very special to hear about Foster Care in a story, and as I am in the field I wanted to resolve some misconceptions. Hopefully, doing so is good advertising for recruiting new foster families!

The process biological parents and their children go through within the court can be a long one. It will carry state by state, child by child, and judge by judge. Many people think that parents lose rights to their children quickly after children are removed from the home. That is not the case.

In most states, rights to a child are determined individually according to each child. This means if only one child is being abused then only that one child might be removed from the home. However, in the case of an attempted rape by the bio-mom's POS boyfriend, both daughters would be removed from the home on an emergency basis.

When removed the first effort is to place both siblings in the same home. The responding government agency would file an emergency notion with the court to remove the girls f om custody. Meanwhile, that agency would interview bio-mom and then girls to learn of any possible relatives the girls could be placed with. The first choice is always a biological relative, followed by a licensed general foster home for small groupings 1-4 children, and then group homes. Due to there differing ages, that placement in the same General home would have been very difficult. It is easy to find placement for a 6 year old girl, but not so easy for a 15 year old. For then sake of the story we should assume no relatives were identified.

For about 1-2 years, the bio-mom would have been working with the court and foster care agencies to return the children to her home. A lot of bio-patents have trouble seeing the required life changes as a benefit. Usually, Amanda and Celeste would have had home visits with their mom, and sibling visits.once a month. If Amanda ends up in Group home , those visits wouldn't have occured. Also there wouldn't be visits, if bio-mom didn't leave her POS boyfriend, which many don't until it is too late. Until parental rights are terminated, the court would have been focused on trying to help bio-mom create a safe home for the return of her children. If bio-mom doesn't follow court order treatment (AA, classes, hold onto a job, have a safe home) she would lost rights to both girls. In the context of this story, bio-mom could have lost rights to Amanda first when a licensing agent assessed the attempted rapist boyfriend to still be present in the home. A judge may have assessed that the threat to Celeste was not the same, and bio-mom briefly got her act together enough to get Celeste back into her home before screwing everything up again later. It would be unlikely for a 6 year old girl placed in foster care into a general foster home to end up in an abusive group home later on, but it can happen.

The story mentions Amanda getting approved for foster care, and mentions how difficult it would have been for her to find her sister. This is true. As I said, when Celeste is removed from a home, the responding agency is going to look for family member. The agency may have found Amanda. It isn't normal that a child would be placed in a house without meeting all adults, because they have to make sure those adults aren't child predators or criminals. Both Amanda and her husband would be approved together. In my state relatives don't need to be licensed as a general foster home but they are visited by a licensing agent once a year. A foster care agent meets the child once a month.

Celeste would not have been eligible for Social Security payments. Only 1 in 10 foster children do, and that is in cases of physical disability, mental disability, or survivors benefits.

A requirement for placement of a foster child is that the home be able to afford care of the child. There is more leniency for relatives, but the financials of the foster family would not result in a withholding of foster care payments. Those are an entitlement of Celeste, and include money intended for her. A foster family cannot refuse this money. Payment is about $16-19 a day, and can be more depending on the needs of the child. That doesn't include Medicaid or financial help for many other things. Especially mental health counseling.

Now, if Celeste had been in a group home where she was assaulted, that is grounds for a heavy lawsuit.

Old_LionOld_Lion5 months ago

I just don't understand the notional characters in these stories passing up huge cash payouts for "Alienation of affection" and Police harassment/ stomping on Constitutional Rights AND The CRIMINAL acts of a SHIFT COMMANDER let alone a vanilla LEO.

Money doesn't buy happiness EVER, BUT it certainly buys a much better brand of misery!!!

SyzyguySyzyguy5 months ago

5* An LW classic, and one of the few I reread. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Rereading for the umpteenth time. Really two stories here. The first is a 3.5 while the second is a solid 6.

The only thing that detracts from it is the last section (the "ball squeezing" scene). There was no need for it - and unless Jace is going to retire there is no way he can promise to never be in the same room with Becky again - after all, they're both in the same business and it's inevitable they'll end up at the same conference(s) sometime in the future.

cgulden51cgulden515 months ago

Fantastic story. Everyone got what/who they wanted.

devtekdevtek5 months ago

I've read several times, still fresh and moving. A masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A heartwarming tale, very well told. 50 stars!!! Keep rolling out such stories, man. Qhml1, you are a good writer.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker6 months ago

🙋👍👍👍👍👍😉😁🤷💯💯💯💯💯✌️

MidwestSouthernerMidwestSoutherner6 months ago

Don't know how many times I've read it. Absorbing, it sucks you in. Fantastic mad skills, M. QHML1.

BUUUTTT...yeah, you knew there was one.

Nitpick: last page - describing Beth's 'rock'. 'Descried' is likely not what you meant - he didn't need any especially observant investigation to see the ring. Probably left out the 'B' in described. Still, until then I didn't know that descry had a past participle.

Not really a grammar nazi, just loved how descried/described still made sense. Sort of. ;-^)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story, up until the domestic violence at the very end. The assault and threat of grievous bodily harm by the second wife was a very poor ending, a harbinger of woe for the main character..

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

72 and the best I have read in many a day

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

third time around,enjoyed just as much as the first two times .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well thought out and well written. My favorite of any I’ve read.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Amanda shouldn't have given his ass the time of day. Slamming her on the car and spanking her cuz he's pissed? "You got 10 minutes to get ready or it's a repeat of that day in the rain." "Get back there and help her put on some makeup." "I expect a straight answer when I ask you a question." I've read two of your stories so far and the both MCs have been straight asshole characters. Control freak smart asses that take over every scenario and tell everyone how it is and how it's gonna be. Real know-it-all, god complex fuckers lol. Amanda should've kicked him in the nads and told him to fuck off.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Read the 1st page and Jace seems like a pompous douchebag. I'm not surprised he was cheated on.

Calico75Calico756 months ago

My second or third reading and I still really like it. Several people have commented that is really two separate stories and I agree, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. I hate the part where Amanda squeezes the MC's balls until he almost passes out. No call for that--absolutely unacceptable. The rest is great.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban6 months ago

Top 5 ever written.... Great story!

Crazy_papaCrazy_papa6 months ago

I love the story and have read it several times. Has just a little more conflict than I prefer, but that is probably my ptsd talking having spent years in crisis intervention. Well done!

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Always a favorite. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

WOW, what a sleeper. Couldn’t stop reading.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Yes Q, you took a bit of a liberty there, this really should have been two separate stories. Please try to bear in mind that some of your readers really don't have time to plough through a nine page long story, I only stuck with it because it's one of yours.

You have a marvellous writing style that keeps me coming back for more but if you'll permit me one small moan it's that the original cast of characters seemed to simply drop out of existence half way through and it left me feeling that the brief reintroduction of Becky near the end was somewhat forced, like you felt there had to be such an encounter to tie the two halves of the story together. Much better if you'd made it a two parter.

BabalooieBabalooie7 months ago

Loved it. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I've read this a couple of times, and it's still one of my favorites, and it's also in my personal favorites I give it 5 big stars. I do love it, as it has a little of everything (like most of your stories), including plot twists, heartache, joy, fun, and laughter along with sorrow and tear jerker moments (maybe plot twists). This one is one of my favorites though (a top 10 contender with Boston to Birmingham right up there, along with a few others like Separate Vacations, keeping running shoes under the bed). I think that's what makes you such a good writer, in that you'll add little details (nuggets) in your stories for the reader to find.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very enjoyable story, marred only slightly by a common mishandling of the famous triplets "to, too, and two." Pity about that!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story and excellent writing. This could easily be expanded into a novel.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thanks for one of the best stories I’ve read I have read it before but couldn’t remember what it was called or who wrote it it’s now in my favourites

jflindersjflinders7 months ago

I really liked it except at the end where Amanda thought it was just fine to squeeze his balls until he almost passed out, which I really hated. Assault is assault, pain is pain, he had done nothing to deserve retribution and he had done something similar to cause her pain everyone would be screaming and he'd be on his way to jail.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker7 months ago

3 years ago, I posted my critique, about having read it for the 4th time. STILL great. It's in my archives as one of my 'top ten'. And while you can't rate it higher, I give it 10 stars again, as I can't count, and they won't change the system. I dismiss all the stupid, quibbly comments as 'I can't write, or try to, so I bitch'. I just read it again. Still great. And Mrs. Bear(retired nurse) says with all the blood tests, etc., you can probably get a good idea of the sex before three months. Again, great story.

The BEAR

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

This is a good story - BOTH segments of it made it the amazing tale that it is. Technical stuff was good, no flaws hopped out at me. The story flowed evenly, making it a really pleasurable read. I’ve revisited a few times now and it makes me smile each time.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19817 months ago

This is the 2nd time I have read this and still remains a really decent story and of course the question still remains what kind of damn reaction was she expecting when he caught her cheating

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy597 months ago

The hope their is one more chance.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What JoeBetterBNice said

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice7 months ago

I really enjoyed this story, both times I read it. So good I read it again several months after my first reading. Interesting plotline, likeable characters, good dialogue, this one had it all.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Two stories - the first a 3.5, the second a 6.0 - I gave the whole thing a 5 even though the last "ball squeezing" bit was a serious negative and shouldn't have been included.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 months ago

like you said, really should have been two stories. one a divorce tinged story, the second a man rebuilding himself and finding love in the romance category. both halves were enjoyable

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
9000 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories